Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (417095 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by javaRookie: 3:25pm On Apr 09, 2019
libertyinc1:
Thanks for your response Michael.
i think i would rather spend money and do my audiobooks than opt for any royalty share deal(not interested).
Yeah am told its upwards of $50 an hour for a good narrator........But how much does a good quality audiobook sell for on kindle publishing and how long does it take to get an audiobook ready

Am told this business is like real estate. do the hard work and then get your returns infinitum as long as you write good quality books. An acquaintance also told me this is the best time to get into audiobook publishing as the surface has not even been scratched.

For the course on audiobook publishing, maybe you should give it a very serious thought.it a negligible few that have really seen the light concerning selling audiobooks you know.

Thanks a million for your patience man!! Gracias!!
Hello incase you are looking for a freelance for audio books, am available. Samples included. 2 revisions. Quality audio file, no clips or noise and very professional. Mention me when you ready.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 11:32pm On Apr 11, 2019
mrufainaira:
I will like to appreciate the good work of the Admin of this thread. I started my kindle journey this year after reading through this thread without any questions and request all on my own and I was able to publish about 4 books. 2 kindle and 2 paper backs. Will like to ask how to get reviews on Amazon as a beginner? Please I will appreciate your response.
Thanks

It's difficult to get reviews as customers tend to only leave a review when they're dissatisfied with the quality of the book they purchase. However, you can increase your chance of getting reviews by requesting for an honest review within your book (say after chapter 2 or so) and also at the end of the book.

Review request at the end of a book usually doesn't work well as less than 20% of people who buy a book finish it (so 80% don't even get to see the request - hence why you also request within the book)

Requesting for reviews within the book can be a double edged sword - If your book is crap then you're more likely to get negative reviews. However, if you book is good, you'll get more favorable reviews.

Another strategy is to build an email list of customers that purchased your book and request an honest review from them, a few weeks after they purchased your book

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 3:35pm On Apr 15, 2019
Update

It's been a very busy month with a number of books in the process of getting launched. One book in particular has been blowing up..It was published on march 18, 2019 and since then has done over $650 in paperback sales alone! in less than 1 month

This is exactly what happens when you correctly position your book in a high demand keyword with not much competition. Can't wait to have this book in audio format.

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Chiscomax(m): 5:23pm On Apr 15, 2019
HeliosHay:
Update

It's been a very busy month with a number of books in the process of getting launched. One book in particular has been blowing up..It was published on march 18, 2019 and since then has done over $650 in paperback sales alone! in less than 1 month

This is exactly what happens when you correctly position your book in a high demand keyword with not much competition. Can't wait to have this book in audio format.
hello bro. please how did you get the keywords with low competition?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Chiscomax(m): 5:25pm On Apr 15, 2019
HeliosHay:

Sorry bro..wish I could but the numbers don't make sense for me. With one-on-one coaching, I'm spending a lot of my time and energy showing you the rope, passing on my knowledge and, most importantly, publishing WITH YOU as opposed to saying a few things and then leaving you to your devices. Its time consuming and to make just 15k at the end of it isn't worth it.

My book contains all the strategies I used to scale my business. I also mention how I do keyword research, including:
- 5 Profitable keywords (as of March 2019) you can explore and
- How you can publish audiobooks in Nigeria (even though a lot of people believe that's not possible). It's possible and there's nothing illegal about it. As long as you can financially afford it, you can implement the strategy required to publish Audiobooks in Nigeria

That book alone cost 20k

The intention is for that book to be the lower ticket item with my mentorship being the higher ticket upsell (should people want personal guidance)

how much for your mentorship? and ebook
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 5:43pm On Apr 15, 2019
Chiscomax:

hello bro. please how did you get the keywords with low competition?

Similar to what the OP uses but with a number of modifications. I go into a lot more detail in Strategy 12 of my Kindle Direct Publishing Blueprint. I even gave out 5 highly profitable keywords as of 2019.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 5:45pm On Apr 15, 2019
Chiscomax:

how much for your mentorship? and ebook

Mentorship - N100,000 (one time fee)

Ebook - N20,000

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Chiscomax(m): 7:28pm On Apr 15, 2019
HeliosHay:

Similar to what the OP uses but with a number of modifications. I go into a lot more detail in Strategy 12 of my Kindle Direct Publishing Blueprint. I even gave out 5 highly profitable keywords as of 2019.

are you on facebook? i want to add u up.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Chiscomax(m): 11:31am On Apr 16, 2019
mk82:

This is the type of plan I give to my trainees. Kindle is a long-term project and a long-term earner.

Have a plan of publishing one book per week or two books per month depending on the resources at your disposal. You'll be surprised at how much you'll achieve in six months.

Don't judge your success with one, two or three books. You need to have at least six books in the system before you can start getting a reasonable income. Publishing both online and offline is a game of numbers. Big publishing houses have a budget for each year. They publish a certain number of books per year but their profit will come from just a few of them that will become bestsellers.

My motto is from the Bible... "Ecc 11:6 In the morning sow your seed, and in the evening do not withhold your hand; for you do not know what shall be blessed, either this or that, or whether they both shall be fruitful in the same way"

One of our group started in April. She had seven books up within two months. The first month, she made about N28,000. The months that followed her sales dropped to about N13,000 and she was disappointed. I had to beg her several times to upload another book. She finally accepted and uploaded it early September and it was like boom! It sold 70 copies the first day after the initial promotion and went on to sell 248 copies that month. It's priced at $2.99 so that's $496 from only one book that month. This translates to about N50,000 after tax and bank charges. The book is still selling. It had 100 sales in October and has sold about 20 so far this November.

I like the guy that said he uploaded a book just to test the system. At least he took action However, I'll advice you work on every book as if it's going to be a bestseller. My first book was published in June 2012, it is still giving me at least $20 to $40 each month. That is because I put my best into it. Even when I outsource, I read every line and check every full stop. I even add more material if necessary so as to bring the work to my standard.

hello bro, please how can i be your trainee?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 5:49pm On Apr 16, 2019
Chiscomax:

hello bro, please how can i be your trainee?

If you can afford my mentorship that'll be one way to go about it. I help you all the way through the publishing process and provide free support for 6 months after you've published your first book.

If you can't afford the mentorship the book is a cheaper alternative, but you'll have to implement the strategies yourself (I only provide detailed information with regards to what you need to do)
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 5:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
At the end of the day, it's all about visibility.

You can have the best quality book on the whole of Amazon BUT if it's not visible i.e. if your customers can't find your book in the OCEAN of books on Amazon (over 2 million+ books), you won't be successful.

Poor Quality Book + Excellent visibility = Good initial sales (eventually sales will drop due to lots of negative reviews on it)

Poor Quality Book + Poor Visibility = No sales (Why bother? you might as well not have spent anything!)

Good Quality Book + Poor Visibility = Little or No sales (you might make some sales initially due to the boost Amazon give to newly published books, after that your book will start spiralling downwards to no sales land)

Good Quality Book + Excellent Visibility = This is the sweet spot (Get this right and you'll make an ungodly amount of profit!)

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by versashee: 9:36pm On Apr 16, 2019
HeliosHay:
At the end of the day, it's all about visibility.

You can have the best quality book on the whole of Amazon BUT if it's not visible i.e. if your customers can't find your book in the OCEAN of books on Amazon (over 2 million+ books), you won't be successful.

Poor Quality Book + Excellent visibility = Good initial sales (eventually sales will drop due to lots of negative reviews on it)

Poor Quality Book + Poor Visibility = No sales (Why bother? you might as well not have spent anything!)

Good Quality Book + Poor Visibility = Little or No sales (you might make some sales initially due to the boost Amazon give to newly published books, after that your book will start spiralling downwards to no sales land)

Good Quality Book + Excellent Visibility = This is the sweet spot (Get this right and you'll make an ungodly amount of profit!)

To be sure you are the one with the screenshots, let's communicate via facebook and i will pay for your service.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 10:15pm On Apr 16, 2019
versashee:

To be sure you are the one with the screenshots, let's communicate via facebook and i will pay for your service.

I can give away my email address but I'm sorry I don't add strangers on Facebook (If you message me I'll reply). Students of course have access to me on Facebook/Whatsapp/skype.. but thats because they've shown they're serious.

Below is an updated version of the screenshot I posted yesterday. If I was fake, impersonating someone or stealing screenshots will I be able to post todays version of the same screenshot?

If you still don't believe the screenshots are mine despite how many screenshots i've provided as undeniable proof then so be it.

5 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by versashee: 1:17am On Apr 17, 2019
HeliosHay:

I can give away my email address but I'm sorry I don't add strangers on Facebook (If you message me I'll reply). Students of course have access to me on Facebook/Whatsapp/skype.. but thats because they've shown they're serious.

Below is an updated version of the screenshot I posted yesterday. If I was fake, impersonating someone or stealing screenshots will I be able to post todays version of the same screenshot?

If you still don't believe the screenshots are mine despite how many screenshots i've provided as undeniable proof then so be it.

Pls give me ur email
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 1:25am On Apr 17, 2019
versashee:

Pls give me ur email

obinnaezeanaka@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by versashee: 1:35am On Apr 17, 2019
HeliosHay:

obinnaezeanaka@yahoo.com

Thanks sir. I will send you a mail. I have no more doubts
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Chiscomax(m): 2:42am On Apr 17, 2019
HeliosHay:

If you can afford my mentorship that'll be one way to go about it. I help you all the way through the publishing process and provide free support for 6 months after you've published your first book.

If you can't afford the mentorship the book is a cheaper alternative, but you'll have to implement the strategies yourself (I only provide detailed information with regards to what you need to do)

Why is your mentorship program 100K and that of mk82 50K?

Is there anything special you are offering that is different from his?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 4:35am On Apr 17, 2019
Chiscomax:

Why is your mentorship program 100K and that of mk82 50K?

Is there anything special you are offering that is different from his?

With all due respect to mk82, he has every right to charge what he feels his knowledge is valued at and he's chosen 50k. I won't debate that with him.

Personally, and I believe I've proved it beyond reasonable doubt, my publishing knowledge has made me over N18 million to date (I started Nov 2016). Not every publisher makes $10,000 per month with their business. To make that amount requires a certain skillset and knowledge. The price I charge simply reflects my earning capacity...I don't just talk publishing for the sake of selling mentorship programs, I actually publish successfully myself.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Chiscomax(m): 7:48am On Apr 17, 2019
HeliosHay:

With all due respect to mk82, he has every right to charge what he feels his knowledge is valued at and he's chosen 50k. I won't debate that with him.

Personally, and I believe I've proved it beyond reasonable doubt, my publishing knowledge has made me over N18 million to date (I started Nov 2016). Not every publisher makes $10,000 per month with their business. To make that amount requires a certain skillset and knowledge. The price I charge simply reflects my earning capacity...I don't just talk publishing for the sake of selling mentorship programs, I actually publish successfully myself.

U re a boss
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 1:29pm On Apr 17, 2019
Chiscomax:

U re a boss

Thanks.

But mk82 is the real boss. It was this thread that made me realize the potential of Kindle Publishing
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 1:38pm On Apr 17, 2019
Mistakes Beginner Publishers Make

1. They never do adequate research.

Most people get all excited about kindle publishing and then rush off to publish a book on a topic they're EXCITED about without knowing beforehand whether the topic is profitable or not. Then after the book is published and they see no sales they get discouraged and say that publishing doesn't work.

Let me ask you, would you sell a block of ice to the Eskimos? do you think they would buy? probably not.

Why? because ice is abundant around them..there's no demand for it (i.e. they're not going to pay for your ice when they can get it free)

Its the same in business and certainly in publishing. You have to confirm people are willing to PAY money to purchase books on the topic you want to publish a book in BEFORE you commit money

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by modath(f): 9:40am On Apr 18, 2019
Bring ALL your PAYONEER ... funds and cash out at good rates....

Cash ready 24/7 ... NO LIMIT

Transaction completed in minutes.. NO DELAY

Whatsapp on siggy...Mo means BUSINESS....
Gracias.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 7:35am On Apr 19, 2019
Mistakes Beginner Publishers Make

2. Doing the bare minimum and expecting success.

You can't just do the bare minimum and expect success. I see this mistake amongst Kindle publishers all the time.

They think that if they just throw up another book with a mediocre cover, title and content that they will make a lot of money. That might make you a bit of money in the short-term, but not over the long-term.

You need to think about how you can STAND OUT from the other books in the market.

You need to be a bit creative – come up with a cool cover and title that will benefit the market.

When you promote and market your book, don't expect to just do the bare minimum and out-rank the other books you're competing with. Some of the books have been established already on Amazon, so you will have to do more to out-compete them.

If your competitors Kindle book has 100 Amazon reviews with a very strong sales history to back it up, how can you expect to sell better than him/her with 10 reviews and mediocre sales history? You need to put in the work to market and promote your book and get 30, 40, 50 Amazon reviews along with a strong record of CONSISTENT sales to be that dominant book.

If you hustle and put in the work, then you will never have to worry about competition or others trying to compete with you.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Chiscomax(m): 12:50am On Apr 20, 2019
HeliosHay:

March 17 to 21,no sales in the screenshot. Why?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 1:23am On Apr 20, 2019
Chiscomax:

March 17 to 21,no sales in the screenshot. Why?

I mentioned earlier the book was published March 18...then I did a 3 day free promotion. You don't expect a book to start popping sales right out the gate (no optimization, zero reviews etc). You've got things to optimize first.

Mind you, this particular book is already closing in on $1000!

I suspect this book might go on to become a $5000+/month book. I'm still optimizing it.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Chiscomax(m): 9:57am On Apr 21, 2019
HeliosHay:

I mentioned earlier the book was published March 18...then I did a 3 day free promotion. You don't expect a book to start popping sales right out the gate (no optimization, zero reviews etc). You've got things to optimize first.

Mind you, this particular book is already closing in on $1000!

I suspect this book might go on to become a $5000+/month book. I'm still optimizing it.

By optimization you mean Keywords right?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by versashee: 10:21am On Apr 21, 2019
I just started my 3 day free promo for all my books.

One particular book just got 4 downloads in few hours.

Will be sharing screenshots this week to show how it fared.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 1:26pm On Apr 21, 2019
Chiscomax:

By optimization you mean Keywords right?

Keywords, book description and a few other things.

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Chiscomax(m): 4:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
suxes2005:
I could not read the whole pages here....

Kindle is nice and I'm kindling as well. Lol

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GK4IEAI

Above is the link to my new book on kindle (published with my real name unlike other books of mine).

I decided to flex the new kindle cover design available for free to everybody and that's
what I was able to design - I no sabi design at all. Lol

So guys, kindle is real. I'm chopping money from kindle paid directly to me
payoneer always and it pays the bills @ least.

I've used the book cover design for like 4 other books within the last
week. Let's connect guys, help ourselves and make legitimate money on kindle

SHALOM

how can we connect?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Eze2000(m): 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2019
suxes2005:
I could not read the whole pages here....

Kindle is nice and I'm kindling as well. Lol

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GK4IEAI

Above is the link to my new book on kindle (published with my real name unlike other books of mine).

I decided to flex the new kindle cover design available for free to everybody and that's
what I was able to design - I no sabi design at all. Lol

So guys, kindle is real. I'm chopping money from kindle paid directly to me
payoneer always and it pays the bills @ least.

I've used the book cover design for like 4 other books within the last
week. Let's connect guys, help ourselves and make legitimate money on kindle

SHALOM

Let's connect on whatapps? I believe we can share experience and save outselves a lot of trouble and time in a world where everone is askign for money to give info.

I am a writer of novels too (action, adventue, military normally). All these nonfiction no dey click in my head. I'm about to go into two long series ... fantasy both

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by suxes2005(m): 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2019
Eze2000:

Let's connect on whatapps? I believe we can share experience and save outselves a lot of trouble and time in a world where everone is askign for money to give info.

I am a writer of novels too (action, adventue, military normally). All these nonfiction no dey click in my head. I'm about to go into two long series ... fantasy both

Awesome!

All the best sir, as I'm currently not working on KDP projects

SHALOM
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 8:20pm On Apr 21, 2019
Eze2000:

What is not clicking in your head with regards to nonfiction?

In nonfiction (unlike fiction), you're simply solving a problem - thats it.

If for e.g someone has depression/anxiety issues and they're looking for a way to relieve their anxiety, they can go on Amazon and search for "Anxiety relief tips" or "Ways to relieve anxiety" etc.

If those keywords are profitable, and your book happens to be on page 1 for those keywords, your book gets purchased.

There's no magic to it.

The only challenge is finding those profitable keywords. Once you find a keyword is profitable you then look for a way to add value to that market. Don't just copy what other people are doing, you find an angle for your book..address something other books/competitors aren't addressing.

Once your book is unique, the customer will then have a reason to buy yours instead of the other person's book.

There's nothing complicated about non-fiction.

Fiction, on the other hand, is a whole different ball game (Won't pretend I know anything about it). I'm content with specializing in non-fiction. Each to their own i guess.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (202) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.