Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (416820 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Eze2000(m): 5:24am On Apr 22, 2019
HeliosHay:

What is not clicking in your head with regards to nonfiction?

In nonfiction (unlike fiction), you're simply solving a problem - thats it.

If for e.g someone has depression/anxiety issues and they're looking for a way to relieve their anxiety, they can go on Amazon and search for "Anxiety relief tips" or "Ways to relieve anxiety" etc.

If those keywords are profitable, and your book happens to be on page 1 for those keywords, your book gets purchased.

There's no magic to it.

The only challenge is finding those profitable keywords. Once you find a keyword is profitable you then look for a way to add value to that market. Don't just copy what other people are doing, you find an angle for your book..address something other books/competitors aren't addressing.

Once your book is unique, the customer will then have a reason to buy yours instead of the other person's book.

There's nothing complicated about non-fiction.

Fiction, on the other hand, is a whole different ball game (Won't pretend I know anything about it). I'm content with specializing in non-fiction. Each to their own i guess.

Fiction requires skill, not keywords, and that skill I have in abundance. I'm one of the best over in the literature section and i kid you not. At my start in 2016, i made over 50k on this forum selling my novels 500 to 1k per copy until only broke people where left (Not many ever managed that). Blogging never paid and i was borke for so long, wasted so many good years at it, and I discovered Amazon so late.

Just check the number of followers I have. and you may understand. That storytelling skill is one reason many cannot do novels etc. For example one of my novels sold five copies in on Good Friday and its not even a good novel by Amazon standards cos its based in Nigeria... it's about boko haram terrorists and the white guys don't like that stuff.

Leave Africa things to Africa... this lesson, among many, I learn the hard way but you got to be really gifted to write the white man's story in a way he will like it, stay glued and my next book is that followed by another and then another. Stephen King is not the only guy with a monopoly on imagination and this is one thing you will never get by outsourcing that's why fiction doesn't sell for you guys

Non-fiction stuff is easy to you but not so to me, particularly that keyword angle. It never quite flowed and I am always short on topics. But Novels... lol. As I am typing i have headache cos i got four novels in my head two of which are fantasy series that will run several episodes

My question now, sir, is, what is the next high sales period cos i just realized i missed easter sales. I also missed a lot of the winter sales period due to emotional depression and ignorance of its existence. I recognized these periods only observing the bump in sales on my dashboard but I was never ready. I wanna be ready for the next one.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2019
Eze2000:

Fiction requires skill, not keywords, and that skill I have in abundance. I'm one of the best over in the literature section and i kid you not. At my start in 2016, i made over 50k on this forum selling my novels 500 to 1k per copy until only broke people where left (Not many ever managed that). Blogging never paid and i was borke for so long, wasted so many good years at it, and I discovered Amazon so late.

Just check the number of followers I have. and you may understand. That storytelling skill is one reason many cannot do novels etc. For example one of my novels sold five copies in on Good Friday and its not even a good novel by Amazon standards cos its based in Nigeria... it's about boko haram terrorists and the white guys don't like that stuff.

Leave Africa things to Africa... this lesson, among many, I learn the hard way but you got to be really gifted to write the white man's story in a way he will like it, stay glued and my next book is that followed by another and then another. Stephen King is not the only guy with a monopoly on imagination and this is one thing you will never get by outsourcing that's why fiction doesn't sell for you guys

Non-fiction stuff is easy to you but not so to me, particularly that keyword angle. It never quite flowed and I am always short on topics. But Novels... lol. As I am typing i have headache cos i got four novels in my head two of which are fantasy series that will run several episodes

My question now, sir, is, what is the next high sales period cos i just realized i missed easter sales. I also missed a lot of the winter sales period due to emotional depression and ignorance of its existence. I recognized these periods only observing the bump in sales on my dashboard but I was never ready. I wanna be ready for the next one.

I understand. Everyone has their strenghts...I started with non-fiction, I found success with it so decided to specialize only in it. I've never dabbled in fiction and (since it requires a totally different strategy) I'm not ready to.

You seem to know what you're doing so I wish you the best with it.

With regards to seasons that usually do well on Amazon, christmas is usually the best.

But, you'll do well to look out for:

- Amazon Black Friday
- Amazon Cyber Monday
- Halloween
- Fathers/Mothers day
- Amazon prime day etc.

If your book(s) lend themselves well to any of these seasons then you might see more sales than usual when those days come around. Ofcourse your book has to be on page 1 for the relevant keywords so that customers can easily find your book when they're looking to buy gifts for their loved ones

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by MrDojo(m): 3:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
Eze2000:

Bro, it's good to be confident, but don't be overconfident. 90% of people outside Nigeria won't read 9ja style of fiction. Unlike nonfiction, it is far easier to 'sell' fiction novels (it you know what your doing). My humble advice for you is to publish one of your novels on sites like royalroad and Webnovel... See how other people from other parts of the world will react to it. You don't have to follow my advice though. Lastly, if your want to sell lots of books, either become a famous, or consistent author... Or, target holiday seasons (e.g. when student in America are out of school...)

If possible, write for the US audience. Because, that's where you'll get most of your sales from.

Disclaimer: Fiction or nonfiction, it doesn't really matter. If you can market your book well it will sell. It does not have to be good, a lot authors make serious money from publishing crap (fiction)... I'm not talking about 1-7k here ooo... 20k+

P.s. If your grammar is not good, please get an editor. You can publish without one, but your readers will kill the book via the reviews (if there are errors)...

Good luck ���

grin
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Eze2000(m): 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2019
MrDojo:

Bro, it's good to be confident, but don't be overconfident. 90% of people outside Nigeria won't read 9ja style of fiction. Unlike nonfiction, it is far easier to 'sell' fiction novels (it you know what your doing). My humble advice for you is to publish one of your novels on sites like royalroad and Webnovel... See how other people from other parts of the world will react to it. You don't have to follow my advice though. Lastly, if your want to sell lots of books, either become a famous, or consistent author... Or, target holiday seasons (e.g. when student in America are out of school...)

If possible, write for the US audience. Because, that's where you'll get most of your sales from.

Disclaimer: Fiction or nonfiction, it doesn't really matter. If you can market your book well it will sell. It does not have to be good, a lot authors make serious money from publishing crap (fiction)... I'm not talking about 1-7k here ooo... 20k+

P.s. If your grammar is not good, please get an editor. You can publish without one, but your readers will kill the book via the reviews (if there are errors)...

Good luck ���

grin

You are like 3 years late with your advice. Wish I got it years ago. This was what i was saying when i said keep African things to Africa

If you publish Nigerian style novels on Amazon no one will buy it. It took me years to realize that it was my novel not amazon was the wahala. we are talking about novels that were best sellers on Okadabooks and nairaland literature section, mind you.

I no longer write nigerian books

4 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 7:14pm On Apr 22, 2019
Eze2000:

You are like 3 years late with your advice. Wish I got it years ago. This was what i was saying when i said keep African things to Africa

If you publish Nigerian style novels on Amazon no one will buy it. It took me years to realize that it was my novel not amazon was the wahala. we are talking about novels that were best sellers on Okadabooks and nairaland literature section, mind you.

I no longer write nigerian books

Amazon controls over 80% of the publishing space and Amazon US is the biggest market. It makes sense to tailor your content to satisfy the needs of customers in the US..I agree with you. Keep African stuff to Africa

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by javaRookie: 9:01pm On Apr 22, 2019
mk82:

RESEARCH: METHOD TO NARROW DOWN A NICHE
-Go to Google, type Amazon bestsellers. Click on the amazon bestseller's link
-At amazon bestsellers, click on kindle store on the left side (do not use d search box at d top)
-at kindle store, click on kindle ebooks below it
-under kindle ebooks, u will see many categories. click on anyone dat u want and it will open subcategories. choose any subcategory and click until their is no more subs.
- At this point, start checking the 100 books that are listed for dat sub-subcategory.
-right click any of the listed books and check d product details. It should have amazon sales rank below 20,000.
-determine d keyword of dat book. For instance, it could be a book on anger management.
-now open amazon on anoda tab and go to kindle ebooks.use d search box to search for the keyword 'anger management'. when d results open,select 'new and popular' on d right side.
-Open about 10 of d books to check their product details. their should be at least 5 to 7 books with amazon sales rank around 10k,20k,30k,40k. there should be many odas below 100k.
-this shows money is circulating in dat niche.
if these criteria are not satisfied, go to the bestseller's page and start over. Avoid niches with many celebrity authors or those dat require professional qualifications.
a

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by versashee: 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
God bless mk82

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 8:06am On Apr 23, 2019
Publishing Income Update (Last 30 Days)

All things considered, I'm happy with progress made so far...but not too happy. Looks like i'll make less than $10,000 this month.

Income Breakdown (assuming £1 = $1.25 and €1 = $1.11)

Ebooks - $1040
Paperback - $3520
KENP - $230
Audiobook - $4000

Total - $8790 (N3,164,400)

Q2 is usually the slowest quarter in the publishing cycle so I'm not too surprised. On a positive note, April 2018 I made a total of $2450 so this month's projected income represents a 259% year on year increase.

Will continue to add more books to my portfolio

Goal For 2019

One goal I'm determined to achieve this year is to create a strong passive and portfolio income stream. Kindle publishing has the passive income side covered. I intend to pour as much of my earnings into Nigerian Treasury Bills to create a strong portfolio income stream...that'll help me diversify my networth.

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by versashee: 8:47am On Apr 23, 2019
HeliosHay:

All things considered, I'm happy with progress made so far...but not too happy. Looks like i'll make less than $10,000 this month.

Ebooks - $1040
Paperback - $3520
KENP - $230
Audiobook - $4000

Q2 is usually the slowest quarter in the publishing cycle so I'm not too surprised. On a positive note, April 2018 I made a total of $2450 so this month's projected income represents a 259% year on year increase.

Goal For 2019

One goal I'm determined to achieve this year is to create a strong passive and portfolio income stream. Kindle publishing has the passive income side covered. I intend to pour as much of my earnings into Nigerian Treasury Bills to create a strong portfolio income stream...that'll help me diversify my networth.

Treasury bill? Why not real estate?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 9:06am On Apr 23, 2019
versashee:

Treasury bill? Why not real estate?

Treasury Bill is liquid and my principal will be safe (unless the Nigerian Govt defaults..which is highly unlikely)

I just like the idea of my money working to earn me money instead of my digital assets (books) only doing the work.

If I accumulate N200 million from Publishing and invest that in TB, I'll be earning N20 million each year completely passive...no work whatsoever.

I'll still get into real estate but that's further down the line...it's not a priority for me at the moment.

4 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by libertyinc1: 9:19am On Apr 23, 2019
Hello Sir!
is your KIndle Publishing Book Still Available at this 25% discount tomorrow?
i am very interested.
Just saw it this morning.

Thanks and Regards
HeliosHay:

Keywords, book description and a few other things.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 9:22am On Apr 23, 2019
libertyinc1:
Hello Sir!
is your KIndle Publishing Book Still Available at this 25% discount tomorrow?
i am very interested.
Just saw it this morning.

Thanks and Regards

The discount offer ends today 23rd April 2019, 11:59 GMT

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by libertyinc1: 9:25am On Apr 23, 2019
Okay sir!!
Thats 7500 naira only.
You will get it before close of business today and then we will talk about the one-on-one mentorship arrangement.
Regards
quote author=HeliosHay post=77780637]

The discount offer ends today 23rd April 2019, 11:59 GMT[/quote]
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 9:26am On Apr 23, 2019
libertyinc1:
Okay sir!!
Thats 7500 naira only.
You will get it before close of business today and then we will talk about the one-on-one mentorship arrangement.
Regards
quote author=HeliosHay post=77780637]

The discount offer ends today 23rd April 2019, 11:59 GMT

Actually its N15,000 (Discounted down from N20K)

One-on-One Mentorship is N100,000.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by libertyinc1: 9:30am On Apr 23, 2019
Oh sorry!!
Thats true....
okay then will send it across!!
HeliosHay:

Actually its N15,000 (Discounted down from N20K)

One-on-One Mentorship is N100,000.

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 9:36am On Apr 23, 2019
libertyinc1:
Oh sorry!!
Thats true....
okay then will send it across!!

Cool. Will email you the pdf as soon as payment is confirmed.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by silvoice(m): 12:29pm On Apr 23, 2019
pls any idea: how do i get the full 16 digit of my payoneer card so that i register in amazon seller central account while i awaits for the arrival of the card I see only xxxx0446
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by versashee: 12:38pm On Apr 23, 2019
silvoice:
pls any idea: how do i get the full 16 digit of my payoneer card so that i register in amazon seller central account while i awaits for the arrival of the card I see only xxxx0446

No.

You don't need the payoneet card details to register.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by libertyinc1: 7:07pm On Apr 23, 2019
Sent it.
Please confirm.
Thanks and Regards
HeliosHay:

Cool. Will email you the pdf as soon as payment is confirmed.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 7:20pm On Apr 23, 2019
libertyinc1:
Sent it.
Please confirm.
Thanks and Regards

Are you E******n Odiahi?

I can confirm his payment. The pdf has just been sent.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by libertyinc1: 7:24pm On Apr 23, 2019
Yes i am.......
HeliosHay:

Are you E******n Odiahi?

I can confirm his payment. The pdf has just been sent.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by versashee: 10:57pm On Apr 23, 2019
HeliosHay is legit!

I highly recommend. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by silvoice(m): 9:41am On Apr 24, 2019
versashee:

No.

You don't need the payoneet card details to register.
ok
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bobojoshua(m): 3:45pm On Apr 24, 2019
iClef:
I noticed a lot of people are asking about TIN/EIN and how to fill the Tax Interview section. Worry no more. I took screenshots on how to do it. Here is the link: www.wetclef.com/topic592.html

Enjoy.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 5:34pm On Apr 26, 2019
Wealth, In My Opinion, Is A Three-Legged Stool

A three-legged stool that comprises of:

Self Development: What are your goals with regards to feeding your mind? How many books do you commit to reading in a month/year? The two books that completely changed my life were The Richest Man In Babylon and Rich Dad Poor Dad. Reading those books made me see things in a different light. It made me conscious of how I used my money and put me on the road to financial freedom. I'd advise you read them...if you haven't already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V_ipcdqooI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUZNMosAcjA

Health: What are your goals with regards to your health? How often do you exercise? How much rest do you get in a day? What sort of food do you put in your body? It's amazing how much we take good care of our cars but disregard our body. We only have one body in this life. Take care of it and it'll take care of you.

Financial: This one is a no brainer. Like Robert Kiyosaki said in his book Rich Dad Poor Dad. You become financially free when your income from your assets (not a job), surpasses your expenses. You should aim to keep accumulating income generating assets (Real Estate, Stocks, Books, Patents etc.)

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Danyl(m): 7:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
HeliosHay:

Ebooks - $1040
Paperback - $3520
KENP - $230
Audiobook - $4000

Goal For 2019

Boss,, please how many books generated this figure, this is really humongous I must say.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 7:53pm On Apr 26, 2019
Danyl:

Boss,, please how many books generated this figure, this is really humongous I must say.

45 books.

It's not impossible to achieve...once upon a time I was making only $100 per month. You just have to commit to it. Treat it like a business and it'll pay you like a business. Treate it like a side hobby and it'll pay you like a side hobby

6 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bobojoshua(m): 12:48pm On Apr 27, 2019
60% OFF PROMO.

Get the full features PayPal account that can do the following at a discounted rate of 60%.

1. Sends and receive funds as FNF and GNS.

2. Have a SPECIAL feature of withdrawing to your Naija bank account.

3. 1 year free premium VPN

4. Foreign bank account linked to your PayPal.

The 60% discount is just for this month.

Whatsapp: 0-8-079789960

OR

Email: koolnownow@gmail.com
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Virgo01(m): 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2019
libertyinc1:
Thanks for your response Michael.
i think i would rather spend money and do my audiobooks than opt for any royalty share deal(not interested).
Yeah am told its upwards of $50 an hour for a good narrator........But how much does a good quality audiobook sell for on kindle publishing and how long does it take to get an audiobook ready

Am told this business is like real estate. do the hard work and then get your returns infinitum as long as you write good quality books. An acquaintance also told me this is the best time to get into audiobook publishing as the surface has not even been scratched.

For the course on audiobook publishing, maybe you should give it a very serious thought.it a negligible few that have really seen the light concerning selling audiobooks you know.

Thanks a million for your patience man!! Gracias!!
Hello, please I sent you a mail Sir.
I found the mail od*****hi@gmail.com.
I hope it's still active?
Please I look forward to hearing from you.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 3:17pm On Apr 28, 2019
Audiobook report for March just came through.

Made $3712.16 (N1.33 million)

Total Earning For March Came To $9181 | N3,305,160 (Between Kindle, Paperback, KENP and Audiobooks)

I won't lie to you. While most people in Nigeria can easily publish kindle and paperback books, not everyone can publish audiobooks.

This is because ACX currently doesn't allow people outside of the US, UK and Canada to publish audiobooks on their platform.

However, there's a way to LEGALLY bypass this rule.

If you want to learn how to be able to publish Audiobooks on ACX while living in Nigeria, see the Bonus strategy section in the Kindle Direct Publishing Blueprint.

Price: N20,000

For enquiries, email: Obinnaezeanaka@yahoo.com

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by GoldPencil: 3:56pm On Apr 28, 2019
Get a friend to open an Amazon UK account for you and you'll be publishing on acx in no time. As for removing witholding tax, Befriend a g boy and ask for.... wait, send me 15000 and I'll tell you. It's all about friendships. Rich people seek networks.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by HeliosHay(m): 4:23pm On Apr 28, 2019
GoldPencil:
Get a friend to open an Amazon UK account for you and you'll be publishing on acx in no time. As for removing witholding tax, Befriend a g boy and ask for.... wait, send me 15000 and I'll tell you. It's all about friendships. Rich people seek networks.

Until you have arguements with the said friend and he/she refuses to remit payment to you...what a great idea indeed!

With regards to befriending a g-boy..i have no comment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (202) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.