Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,923 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (414690 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by givadmission: 4:12pm On Dec 17, 2013
givadmission: Hello @MK82 Thanks for this Thread. Please I want to Do a Review Exchange With Somebody. But Amazon Said I cant do the Review unless I've Purchased any Book and It was Shipped to Me before. I even Tried Waiting For 3 Days in Which I tried Again but the Same Instruction keep popping Up... Please What Do I Do... Thanks

@MK82 You Have Not Answered My Question
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 4:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
givadmission:

@MK82 You Have Not Answered My Question
You can only review a product on Amazon with an account that has been used to purchase an item.
Just load your visa debit card with some money and buy the cheapest thing you can find. You can send the item to anyone you know in the USA or Europe.
The moment your purchase is aproved, you can write reviews even on products you did not buy.

3 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by gajasalot(m): 6:35pm On Dec 17, 2013
wow this thread is lovely, I have to start publishing ebooks in amazon kindle. keep it up guys, this is one of the best topic in nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Kingokanu: 7:37pm On Dec 17, 2013
@ MK82

Thanks for answering my questions, I have more...lol

1. From your experience, is it possible to find someone on fiverr ..who will edit raw ebook content to give it table of contents, paragraphs and also do proof reading ...all at once? I ask because I have a full time job so I do not have time to edit my content, plus I am not an english professional so I feel I may not do a good job at that.

2. What is your take on using free ebook cover design software, will having pictures on the ebook cover help in increasing sales..?

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by hamlak(m): 12:04am On Dec 18, 2013
3 Books now on Kindle. 2 to go for the month.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 9:19am On Dec 18, 2013
Kingokanu: @ MK82

Thanks for answering my questions, I have more...lol

1. From your experience, is it possible to find someone on fiverr ..who will edit raw ebook content to give it table of contents, paragraphs and also do proof reading ...all at once? I ask because I have a full time job so I do not have time to edit my content, plus I am not an english professional so I feel I may not do a good job at that.

2. What is your take on using free ebook cover design software, will having pictures on the ebook cover help in increasing sales..?
1. you may not get someone to do all that for $5.You will have to order different gigs.The size of the book should also be considered. odesk may be a better place to check.
2. You can use the software as long as you are satisfied with the results. Yes, using appropriate images is recommended for covers.

hamlak: 3 Books now on Kindle. 2 to go for the month.

'hope you've started seeing some sales.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by hamlak(m): 10:22am On Dec 18, 2013
mk82:
'hope you've started seeing some sales.

@mk82, i have 2 nooks actually, the 3rd failed the review. I have to make a few changes.

I have had one sale.

I have a question. If I enroll in the KDP Select, can i change my mind and opt out? what would happen?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 11:52am On Dec 18, 2013
hamlak:

@mk82, i have 2 nooks actually, the 3rd failed the review. I have to make a few changes.

I have had one sale.

I have a question. If I enroll in the KDP Select, can i change my mind and opt out? what would happen?
Why did the book fail review? Didn't you do copyscape test?
You can opt out from kdp select at anytime but the current enrollment (90 days) must be fulfilled. Just go to your dashboard click info beside the book and remove automatic renewal.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
@mk82. How far can a book go in the kindle market place without a review and what's responsible for a book not getting a review at all?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by hamlak(m): 8:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
mk82:
Why did the book fail review? Didn't you do copyscape test?
You can opt out from kdp select at anytime but the current enrollment (90 days) must be fulfilled. Just go to your dashboard click info beside the book and remove automatic renewal.

My mistake, I did not do a copyscape test as my first 2 just passed easily.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 9:47am On Dec 19, 2013
Bestlyf: @mk82. How far can a book go in the kindle market place without a review and what's responsible for a book not getting a review at all?
Once a book starts getting sales, it is natural for a few reviews to appear. Most buyers don't go back to write reviews whether the product is good or bad. This means you have to wait until you get expressive buyers. Reviews usually appear quicker for books that are exceptionally good or bad.
I have had books that sold more than 100 copies without any reviews.

4 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by darmochy1(m): 11:44am On Dec 19, 2013
My book has been approved and enrolled for kdp select. It had only 109 downloads in 24 hours. I don't know if that's good or not. OP what do you think?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2013
darmochy1: My book has been approved and enrolled for kdp select. It had only 109 downloads in 24 hours. I don't know if that's good or not. OP what do you think?
109 is not much but it is also not very bad for 1 day. Download volume depends on niche. You should still get a few sales.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by darmochy1(m): 10:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
My free promo ended today. Had 200+ downloads in total and I've made a sale already. Txs OP. This is beginnng to make sense. I'll start researching for my next niche
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 1:56pm On Dec 22, 2013
darmochy1: My free promo ended today. Had 200+ downloads in total and I've made a sale already. Txs OP. This is beginnng to make sense. I'll start researching for my next niche
Congrat, Bro.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2013
darmochy1: My free promo ended today. Had 200+ downloads in total and I've made a sale already. Txs OP. This is beginnng to make sense. I'll start researching for my next niche
Happy for you and you made me glad as well. Next step is to repeat this success many more times.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Appliedmaths(m): 2:48pm On Dec 22, 2013
My reports is not too encouraging. I started with one of the most difficult niche(christian books) and so far so good I have two books with 54 and 59 free downloads, but still no sales.

The book that had 16 downloads later ended up at 54.

Working on my normal fiction and non-fiction, I'm pretty positive about this niche.

Although I used the two christian books to test run the kindle program, but truth be told I didn't plan to be a flop.

Not really discouraged, when I drop my two new books (fiction and non-fiction) then I'll really know what lies in for me.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by darmochy1(m): 11:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
mk82:
Happy for you and you made me glad as well. Next step is to repeat this success many more times.

Txs boss. 4 sales already. I need to write in a niche whr money is flowing so that I can make reasonable sales
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 11:27am On Dec 23, 2013
Appliedmaths.:
My reports is not too encouraging. I started with one of the most difficult niche(christian books) and so far so good I have two books with 54 and 59 free downloads, but still no sales.

The book that had 16 downloads later ended up at 54.

Working on my normal fiction and non-fiction, I'm pretty positive about this niche.

Although I used the two christian books to test run the kindle program, but truth be told I didn't plan to be a flop.

Not really discouraged, when I drop my two new books (fiction and non-fiction) then I'll really know what lies in for me.
Sorry to hear your books have not done well. Please go back to the page where I explained my research method in details. If you follow that method, you'll surely discover some 'juicy' niches.
Whenever you want to do a new kindle eBook, switch your mind to neutral mode and let Amazon tell you the topic to write on.
@all please stop "testing the system" with a random book that you will do anyhow you like. Put your best effort into any book that you want to publish. You will surely be rewarded.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by pasquare24: 4:24pm On Dec 23, 2013
Thanks so much for you superb advice.Please, If I wish to write on different niche.Can I use thesame pet name for different niche While I maintain the real name I used to register on amazon? How can I have the payoneer card?.Is pay check preferable to payoneer? thanks

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 6:40am On Dec 25, 2013
Yes! I'm set to upload my 2nd book today. Merry Christmas to Mk82 and every contributor and consumer on this thread. May the coming year be a very fruitful year for us as we publish our kindle books..
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by dombible(m): 4:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
Bestlyf: Yes! I'm set to upload my 2nd book today. Merry Christmas to Mk82 and every contributor and consumer on this thread. May the coming year be a very fruitful year for us as we publish our kindle books..
Well i want to thank Master for this thread.i have a book of just 3pages,my free download of 173 copies is over and i have made 1 sales already do to the fact that the picture was very poor i stil make a sale.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by GatJokez(f): 7:55pm On Dec 27, 2013
dombible: Well i want to thank Master for this thread.i have a book of just 3pages,my free download of 173 copies is over and i have made 1 sales already do to the fact that the picture was very poor i stil make a sale.

Oh, so one can sell small books with little amount of pages? I didn't realize that.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 3:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
My second book is now live on Kindle platform. really optimistic about this one. work begins on the third.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by etcme(m): 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
OP, I must confess you have open my eyes wide enough. I pray that God will continue to bless you in all of your endeavours. Please anybody can help me in any of this questions.
1. Can I start publishing my books without indicating my payment method (how i wil be paid) as i am about applying for payoneer mastercard.
2. How can I know a trending niche as i have done my research and I dont seem to understand the techniques.
3. Has anybody applied and gotten the payoneer master card recently? What are the processes to be taken for it to arrive within a month. How do i go about with the funding?
4. Can someone send me a link of his published work so that i can know what are the things involve.
Please I know my questions are numerous, but i seriously need your responses as i have planned to be publishing 4 books in a month (one every friday).
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 1:27pm On Dec 29, 2013
@Mk82. I just downloaded my transaction report November 2013 for my first book and discover that during the 2days period of free promotion Amazon sold more than 300 of my books at a price higher than what I set. But after the free promo was over, no more sales. \Right now my second seems to be making more sales for amazon than the free download I am getting. Doesn't it stand to reason that it is better not to promote your books at all or register with KDP select? Since it seems you lose money in the process.

I got this information from "Prior six weeks royalties" of my report page. Of what relevance is this report?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Appliedmaths(m): 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2013
Bestlyf: @Mk82. I just downloaded my transaction report November 2013 for my first book and discover that during the 2days period of free promotion Amazon sold more than 300 of my books at a price higher than what I set. But after the free promo was over, no more sales. \Right now my second seems to be making more sales for amazon than the free download I am getting. Doesn't it stand to reason that it is better not to promote your books at all or register with KDP select? Since it seems you lose money in the process.

I got this information from "Prior six weeks royalties" of my report page. Of what relevance is this report?

I think its better to use the countdown sales than the free give aways.

The price of my book on my dashboard is 0.99$(20 and 14 pages) but kindles sells is for 3.06$ in their store, no wonder I didn't have any sale.

They even use the same price for both books in the kindle store.

I'm registering another account and uploading two new books(in a nuch more selling category). And if the same problem pops up, then I'm out.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2013
etcme: OP, I must confess you have open my eyes wide enough. I pray that God will continue to bless you in all of your endeavours. Please anybody can help me in any of this questions.
1. Can I start publishing my books without indicating my payment method (how i wil be paid) as i am about applying for payoneer mastercard.
2. How can I know a trending niche as i have done my research and I dont seem to understand the techniques.
3. Has anybody applied and gotten the payoneer master card recently? What are the processes to be taken for it to arrive within a month. How do i go about with the funding?
4. Can someone send me a link of his published work so that i can know what are the things involve.
Please I know my questions are numerous, but i seriously need your responses as i have planned to be publishing 4 books in a month (one every friday).
1. payment method is a very important aspect.
2. Follow this link for the answer https://www.nairaland.com/1499182/making-regular-income-publishing-amazon/10
3. You will have to pay $60 for you to get your payoneer in less than a month.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (201) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

Viewing this topic: Inspirer1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.