Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (417801 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 6:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
CosmicJames: I have to purchase some credit to use the Copyscape service? But I'm not ready to purchase the credit at this time. Is there no other option to Copyscape?

HOW TO USE FREE COPYSCAPE (Edited)
Note **The premium copyscape account is a necessity if you are really serious about online publishing. It gives you more results than the free version and is more convenient. 100 credits costs just $5 (about N800) and you need just about 3-5 per book. This means your N800 can last for up to 30 books.

However, Copyscape provides a free option that you can use if you cannot afford the premium account.
1. Go to .com and create a new blog.
2. Create a new post on this blog and paste the content of your book there. I advice copying not more than 3000 words per time for the best results.
3. Publish the blog post then copy the URL.
4. Go to copyscape.com and paste the URL in the provided space and click Go. Copyscape will do the check for you and display the results. You can only use this free test 10 times per URL every month. If you exceed this number, simply create another blog.
5. Also, the free version is limited to 10 results. If you have up to 10 results, make necessary corrections and test again.

**Delete the blog post when you are done.

That's all!

9 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by OmoLisabi(m): 9:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
mk82:

HOW TO USE FREE COPYSCAPE
Note **The premium copyscape account is a necessity if you are really serious about online publishing. It gives you more results than the free version and is more convenient. 100 credits costs just $5 (about N800) and you need just about 3-5 per book. This means your N800 can last for up to 30 books.

However, Copyscape provides a free option that you can use if you cannot afford the premium account.
2. Create a new post on this blog and paste the content of your book there. I advice copying not more than 3000 words per time for the best results.
4. Go to copyscape.com and paste the URL in the provided space and click Go. Copyscape will do the check for you and display the results. You can only use this free test 10 times per URL every month. If you exceed this number, simply create another blog.
5. Also, the free version is limited to 10 results. If you have up to 10 results, make necessary corrections and test again.

That's all!
Thanks very much.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by bobojoshua(m): 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2014
mk82:

That's all!
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by CosmicJames(m): 1:02pm On Jul 07, 2014
mk82:

That's all!
You just real a secret on how to use the free version of CS. Thank you very much. I will use the free version for now and opt for the premium when I'm ready to create more books.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by hamlak(m): 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2014
Pls Prof. mk82 and all in the house, I need your input on this one.

I am trying to post a review on Amazon but they will not allow me
unless I make a purchase there.

What low value item can purchase there? I tried to purchase a song
but they wont allow me cos my country is not included amongst
countries that can make the purchase. I am in Ghana. Anyone here
posting reviews on Amazon, how did you overcome this hurdle?

regards
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 12:51pm On Jul 09, 2014
hamlak: Pls Prof. mk82 and all in the house, I need your input on this one.

I am trying to post a review on Amazon but they will not allow me
unless I make a purchase there.

What low value item can purchase there? I tried to purchase a song
but they wont allow me cos my country is not included amongst
countries that can make the purchase. I am in Ghana. Anyone here
posting reviews on Amazon, how did you overcome this hurdle?

regards
Just buy any small item below $5 and send it to a friend in the USA.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ecomerceguru: 7:11pm On Jul 09, 2014
mk82:

The Easiest thing to do is buy an amazon gift card for just $0.15 and send to your email. In 24hrs you'll be able to post review. Hope this helps. wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by TopSpot: 7:24pm On Jul 10, 2014
mk82:
i write how to guides. Will 20-30 page guides sell especially where there are 100 page ebooks in the same category?

Also, can i use a male pen name when im writing a guide that focus on women
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mintyx(m): 9:15pm On Jul 10, 2014
@ Poster pls some of d posts here were lost after nairaland attack. Pls could you refresh how much you said you pay sometimes to outsource some of ur books. I still remember you said you hire writers from Odesk sometimes to make it easier.... help out pls.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by hamlak(m): 8:12am On Jul 11, 2014
ecomerceguru:

The Easiest thing to do is buy an amazon gift card for just $0.15 and send to your email. In 24hrs you'll be able to post review. Hope this helps. wink

@ecomerceguru and mk82, thanks for your advice. More grease to your elbow. Let the ink keep flowing. smiley
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 1:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
TopSpot: i write how to guides. Will 20-30 page guides sell especially where there are 100 page ebooks in the same category?
Also, can i use a male pen name when im writing a guide that focus on women
It can sell if you write a concise guide that is straight to the point with a lot of good information. You could also focus on a very important sub topic in the niche.
It's wiser to use a female pen name for niches on women issues.
mintyx: @ Poster pls some of d posts here were lost after nairaland attack. Pls could you refresh how much you said you pay sometimes to outsource some of ur books. I still remember you said you hire writers from Odesk sometimes to make it easier.... help out pls.
On odesk, I paid $20 for 5000 words fiction (when I experimented with some fiction niches).
For recipes: I currently pay $30 to $40 for a 40 or more recipes book.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by juwoonn(m): 7:06am On Jul 13, 2014
ecomerceguru:

Pls Can I make the purchase with my GTB Master card?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by TopSpot: 12:08pm On Jul 13, 2014
mk82:
i have not been able to register on kdp. When i try to put in my bank details, it is puting usa automatically. What do i do?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 2:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
juwoonn:
Pls Can I make the purchase with my GTB Master card?
From my experience, GTB MasterCard does not work on Amazon. I use UBA Africard for my purchases on Amazon.
TopSpot: i have not been able to register on kdp. When i try to put in my bank details, it is puting usa automatically. What do i do?
You cannot put in Nigerian bank details. Register with the default payment setting (check). Afterwards, register with payoneer and they will give you the American bank account you will use.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by hamlak(m): 10:05am On Jul 15, 2014
@MK82 and all the Gurus in the house, I have a suggestion which I think will help.

I have observed the importance of reviews to any Kindle book and therefore want
to suggest that we can exchange reviews between us here.

Prof and co, what do you say on this?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 17, 2014
@mk82 i hav finished written my book in ms, so hw can i import it in amazon kindle website 4 publishing?? Am kinda confused about that
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 2:52pm On Jul 17, 2014
hamlak: @MK82 and all the Gurus in the house, I have a suggestion which I think will help.
I have observed the importance of reviews to any Kindle book and therefore want
to suggest that we can exchange reviews between us here.
Prof and co, what do you say on this?
I am not interested in review exchange so you have to wait for other people's response.
stardragon: @mk82 i hav finished written my book in ms, so hw can i import it in amazon kindle website 4 publishing?? Am kinda confused about that

Save it as Word 97-2003 then go to your kdp account, click on add new title and follow the steps to upload. You need to upload a cover too.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by juwoonn(m): 4:13pm On Jul 17, 2014
Honestly, I'm having a big problem here; my April royalties in .com market was paid to my payoneer acct but the other market places were not paid and the bulk of my cash comes from the uk market.
I sent amazon a msg and they promised to get back to me on 9th of july, I waited and didn't see msg so I sent them a reminder on 11th and they replied thus;

"Hello,

I wanted to let you know that my colleague Jeelani's still researching the issue concerning your payment. It's taking longer than usual to resolve this, and I'm very sorry about the delay. She'll be in touch with you again with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Regards,

Steve B.
Kindle Direct Publishing
http://kdp.amazon.com"

What could be taking them this long? Today is 17th.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 5:32pm On Jul 17, 2014
juwoonn: Honestly, I'm having a big problem here; my April royalties in .com market was paid to my payoneer acct but the other market places were not paid and the bulk of my cash comes from the uk market.
I sent amazon a msg and they promised to get back to me on 9th of july, I waited and didn't see msg so I sent them a reminder on 11th and they replied thus;

"Hello,

I wanted to let you know that my colleague Jeelani's still researching the issue concerning your payment. It's taking longer than usual to resolve this, and I'm very sorry about the delay. She'll be in touch with you again with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Regards,

Steve B.
Kindle Direct Publishing
http://kdp.amazon.com"

What could be taking them this long? Today is 17th.
Is it the first time you are being paid from those marketplaces? You may experience this type of payment delay when you are still new in the system. Once you have been put on the payment list, your money with start coming regularly.
It may also be that you did not add your US bank account on time. If that is the case, they would have initially put you on the list of people that are paid by check. When you change to EFT, they have to reconcile the records, and that can take some time.
Keep sending a reminder once a week. They are likely to add it to this month's payment.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by juwoonn(m): 5:47pm On Jul 17, 2014
mk82:
Is it the first time you are being paid from those marketplaces? You may experience this type of payment delay when you are still new in the system. Once you have been put on the payment list, your money with start coming regularly.
It may also be that you did not add your US bank account on time. If that is the case, they would have initially put you on the list of people that are paid by check. When you change to EFT, they have to reconcile the records, and that can take some time.
Keep sending a reminder once a week. They are likely to add it to this month's payment.
Oh! Thanks a lot bro.
Now I understand.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2014
@mk82 i heard that amazon is bringing in new policy AMAZON UNLIMITED, so wot do u understand by that?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 9:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
stardragon: @mk82 i heard that amazon is bringing in new policy AMAZON UNLIMITED, so wot do u understand by that?
Kindle Unlimited, you mean.
It simply means books that are enrolled in kdp select will now be available for borrow to a larger number of readers. You can expect to make more money. Previously only Amazon Prime members could borrow books. Prime is available to only those who own kindle readers. Kindle Unlimited allows people with other devices (Android, IPhone, iPad etc) to borrow books.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 19, 2014
mk82:
It simply means books that are enrolled in kdp select will now be available for borrow to a larger number of readers. You can expect to make more money. Previously only Amazon Prime members could borrow books. Prime is available to only those who own kindle readers. Kindle Unlimited allows people with other devices (Android, IPhone, iPad etc) to borrow books.
am still confused, the link is belowhttp://techcrunch.com/2014/07/17/amazon-isnt-killing-writing-the-market-is/http://techcrunch.com/2014/07/18/amazon-officially-announces-kindle-unlimited-offering-reading-and-listening-for-9-99-a-month/http://techcrunch.com/2014/07/18/what-kindle-unlimited-means-for-authors/
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Saryea83: 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
Someone told me what i stand to benefit if am a member of TAN, How true is it? See the below and advise me

JOB CREATION
TAN focuses on creating one million jobs for Nigerian youths in the next four years. These jobs shall be created through targeted strategies and tapping into uncommon areas of our economy.
GRANTS
Trained members in specific and goal driven skills will be awarded interest free loans and grants to be able to start up businesses on their own with special guidiance from profesionals who will benchmark their successes and recommend successful ones for more assistance as an attraction for more youths to join enterpreneurship and self-reliance.
SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarships shall be awarded to graduates and undergraduates who shall undertake and pass the annual TAN-Scholarship Exam which will be carried out in a fair and transparent manner allowing candidates to participate from all parts of the country through registration in various TAN state offices nationwide.
SKILL ACQUISITION SCHEMES
We will embark on enormous skill acquisition schemes for Nigerians with widespread skill centres in all states of the federation delivering first hand training to participants in various fields of human endeavour.
TAN CITIES
TAN city is a project aimed at encouraging production and efficiency amongst SME's in all states by setting up SME enclaves where basic infrastructures like power, securiy, water, offices etc are provided free of charge to Nigerians who own small businesses thereby aiding maximum productivity. it is intended to promote employment opportunities and reduce youth restiveness.
MICROCREDITS
We understand that the grassroots make up a larger part of the society; hence, we plan to offer microcredit facilities to market women and peasant farmers etc to boost agricultural production and alleviate poverty.

More details: http://tan.org.ng/onestar/register.php?id=26694
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by CosmicJames(m): 3:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
stardragon:
am still confused, the link is belowhttp://techcrunch.com/2014/07/17/amazon-isnt-killing-writing-the-market-is/http://techcrunch.com/2014/07/18/amazon-officially-announces-kindle-unlimited-offering-reading-and-listening-for-9-99-a-month/http://techcrunch.com/2014/07/18/what-kindle-unlimited-means-for-authors/

I just went through the link you provided above and there is no confussion.
What prof MK said is the case. You shouldn't be confuse. Let's put it this way. Before this time, you can only borrow books on KDP if you have a Kindle device. But now you can borrow books irrespective of the device you have.
This simply means that unlimited number of people that are interested in your book can borrow it if they want without any device intervention and that it means more publicity for your book (s) which ultimately means more money for you.

Btw, my first book that was suppose to be live early this month is tempararilly suspended not by Amazon but by my system that suddenly develop hardware problem.
I will be fully back on this thread asap.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2014
CosmicJames:

I just went through the link you provided above and there is no confussion.
What prof MK said is the case. You shouldn't be confuse. Let's put it this way. Before this time, you can only borrow books on KDP if you have a Kindle device. But now you can borrow books irrespective of the device you have.
This simply means that unlimited number of people that are interested in your book can borrow it if they want without any device intervention and that it means more publicity for your book (s) which ultimately means more money for you.

Btw, my first book that was suppose to be live early this month is tempararilly suspended not by Amazon but by my system that suddenly develop hardware problem.
I will be fully back on this thread asap.
ok thanks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
nice
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Transfortul(m): 7:27am On Jul 22, 2014
I have been following this page and decided to register with Amazon kindle but I'm only seeing the 70% royalty which is within America and few other English countries and that of 80% royalty which they said is world wide but I don't know which to register with. @ Mk82 or anyone who knows how can help me pls.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by juwoonn(m): 8:04am On Jul 22, 2014
mk82:
Thanks a lot bro... Just received a payment mail from 3 mkts; .fr mkt, .co.uk mkt and createspace dis morning. U're blessed professor.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by djaxz4sure(m): 9:51am On Jul 22, 2014
mk82:
It simply means books that are enrolled in kdp select will now be available for borrow to a larger number of readers. You can expect to make more money. Previously only Amazon Prime members could borrow books. Prime is available to only those who own kindle readers. Kindle Unlimited allows people with.
Pls reply my mail bro, sent u a pm
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 12:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
juwoonn:
Thanks a lot bro... Just received a payment mail from 3 mkts; .fr mkt, .co.uk mkt and createspace dis morning. U're blessed professor.
Good... now send your tithe asap! grin
Transfortul: I have been following this page and decided to register with Amazon kindle but I'm only seeing the 70% royalty which is within America and few other English countries and that of 80% royalty which they said is world wide but I don't know which to register with. @ Mk82 or anyone who knows how can help me pls.
You are supposed to register with kdp.amazon.com. You will not see anything like royalty option when registering. Just follow the simple steps and you will be done within a few minutes.
djaxz4sure: Pls reply my mail bro, sent u a pm
Send your message to the gmail in my profile.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (202) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.