Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,588 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (414683 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by carik(m): 11:43am On Apr 08, 2015
Good morning all
I'm new to amazon kindle ebooks thing
I have a laptop and also on a short break in school
How do I start out with writing ebooks,I'm interested in it.
In need of assistance either by a guide or ebook cos I couldn't grasp the concept from the start of the thread
Thank you.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by samogo1: 12:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
carik:
Good morning all
In need of assistance either by a guide or ebook cos I couldn't grasp the concept from the start of the thread
Thank you.

Just Settle down and read again, you will certainly understand. Guess you were speed-reading it.

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by samogo1: 12:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
For Your High Quality Kindle ebook covers, Halla me. Have don covers for people here and On Fiverr cool

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by carik(m): 7:21pm On Apr 08, 2015
samogo1:

Just Settle down and read again, you will certainly understand. Guess you were speed-reading it.

Okay,I'll take my time and note every part i do not udnderstand
Thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kay29000(m): 7:44am On Apr 09, 2015
EroticDesigner:

Same problem here.
I did some googling and find out the main points

✔You need the form when filing taxes in Nigeria. But since foreign income is not taxed in Nigeria, you are free to go.
✔Only mail it back when total credit section (by the right of the first page) is unusually high. They would send you the money in cheque.
✔Amazon would send you a form for each $100 and above reached in income for every store.
✔Still confused? Google 1042-S Amazon

I hope this helps!

Hello. Why haven't messages been delivered to you on your BBM. I am the guy that you did the "test" erotica covers for about the Stepbrother story. Pls hit me back.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Zico0(m): 2:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
carik:
Good morning all
Thank you.
The things you have to do can be summarized as a simple process:
first, form some interest in writing.

Second, writing something that you know about.

Third, log onto kdp.amazon.com and register- it's very easy in that I could do it on my own. They'll ask for your bank details- this is a different whole issue itself- They'll ask you to fill a tax form; a question like: is your business situated in america or other country?

Fourth, click on a link as publish a new book;
enter the details of your book: the title, literary genre, price, contributors, etc.- truly, you can do it;
unpload the content you typewrote. The content can be in format Word, PDF, HTML, etc.

Fifth, come up with an image cover. An image cover is a picture illustrating the entire nature of your book in picture summary, as front covers of typical hard cover books, and upload it, and click on save and continue. For real, what do you think about this potential image cover for my new book? do you like it?

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by carik(m): 8:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
Zico0:

The things you have to do can be summarized as a simple process:
first, form some interest in writing.

Second, writing something that you know about.

Third, log onto kdp.amazon.com and register- it's very easy in that I could do it on my own. They'll ask for your bank details- this is a different whole issue itself- They'll ask you to fill a tax form; a question like: is your business situated in america or other country?

Fourth, click on a link as publish a new book;
enter the details of your book: the title, literary genre, price, contributors, etc.- truly, you can do it;
unpload the content you typewrote. The content can be in format Word, PDF, HTML, etc.

Fifth, come up with an image cover. An image cover is a picture illustrating the entire nature of your book in picture summary, as front covers of typical hard cover books, and upload it, and click on save and continue. For real, what do you think about this potential image cover for my new book? do you like it?

Thanks,this is helpful to start with...
Its more like the summary needed to kick start.
I can easily design ebook cover using either gimp or adobe photoshop and that's a plus.
Your design looks good but don't you think its too plain and simple

Will love to chat with you private?
Thanks
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Zico0(m): 8:51am On Apr 10, 2015
carik, you can reach me via bbm 55A3849F
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by lovelyadeola(m): 8:47pm On Apr 14, 2015
@ mk82 I can't publish my book on kdp It prompts this msg "Your account information is incomplete.
To publish a book, you will need to complete this. Update Now" I try all my best Still same issue.. please help me out

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 7:24am On Apr 15, 2015
lovelyadeola:
@ mk82 I can't publish my book on kdp It prompts this msg "Your account information is incomplete.
To publish a book, you will need to complete this. Update Now" I try all my best Still same issue.. please help me out
Check on the upper right side, you'll see where to click to update your tax information. Go through all the steps to let them know you're in Nigeria, has no tax ID and choose individual as your designation. Also agree to give your signature electronically and then type in your name as signature then click save.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by lovelyadeola(m): 8:46am On Apr 15, 2015
mk82:

Check on the upper right side, you'll see where to click to update your tax information. Go through all the steps to let them know you're in Nigeria, has no tax ID and choose individual as your designation. Also agree to give your signature electronically and then type in your name as signature then click save.
wow I just do it now and it has cleared...Thank you sir you are 3 much..
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 3:38am On Apr 27, 2015
@MK82, please do you have an idea how I can edit my author's page on Amazon? Especially, the author's name.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 7:18pm On Apr 27, 2015
Bestlyf:
@MK82, please do you have an idea how I can edit my author's page on Amazon? Especially, the author's name.
Read the tutorial at the link below:
http://selfpublishtoday.com/author-central-tutorial/

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Bestlyf: 9:44am On Apr 28, 2015
mk82:

Read the tutorial at the link below:
http://selfpublishtoday.com/author-central-tutorial/
That solves it. Thanks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by chijike(m): 3:06pm On May 10, 2015
Hello @mk82 I will like you to shed more light into Editorial reviews for kindle ebooks and if possible where to get cheap or free editorial reviews
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 4:08pm On May 11, 2015
chijike:
Hello @mk82 I will like you to shed more light into Editorial reviews for kindle ebooks and if possible where to get cheap or free editorial reviews
You can add editorial reviews through Author Central. You don't need anyone to write it for you. Just check what the best books in your niche have and write something similar. You can also quote content from within your book as well as some of the buyer's reviews.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 8:17am On May 14, 2015
I stumbled on this thread last week and took my time to read through page by page. You guys are selfless for posting all of this free of charge. God bless you all.

I have a few question to ask though

1. How many pages will a 2000 MS-Word doc be when converted to Kindle format?

2. Do I need to set up an author central page before or after review?

3. Is it best to use Kindle cover page editor or should I create one of my own. I'm good with graphics.

4. Which cover design does best ; just texts well arranged on the page or text and images?

CC
Mk82
Zico0
Sarahn
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 3:14pm On May 14, 2015
Godmother:
I stumbled on this thread last week and took my time to read through page by page. You guys are selfless for posting all of this free of charge. God bless you all.

3. Is it best to use Kindle cover page editor or should I create one of my own. I'm good with graphics.

4. Which cover design does best ; just texts well arranged on the page or text and images?

CC
Mk82
Zico0
Sarahn

1. 2000 words in MS Word (novel-like writing) will give you 9-12 pages. If it is in the form of recipes, you will get more pages.

2. You can set up an author central page at any point in time and edit as you like.

3. Create your own cover.

4. Look at the covers of the best selling books in your category and do something similar.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 7:27pm On May 14, 2015
mk82:

1. 2000 words in MS Word (novel-like writing) will give you 9-12 pages. If it is in the form of recipes, you will get more pages.

2. You can set up an author central page at any point in time and edit as you like.

3. Create your own cover.

4. Look at the covers of the best selling books in your category and do something similar.

Ok thanx a lot

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 16, 2015
hi peeps
pls i need clarification if i publish a book with my pen name being american but nigerian setting [like say a novel with the characters and their way of life being nigerian] will it still make sell.......cc. op,sarahn,hiramoto et all
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Zico0(m): 10:45am On May 24, 2015
Godmother:

CC
Mk82
Zico0
Sarahn

2000 characters is quite small, 5 pages more or less.

I have not registered under author central, I don't think it's relevant.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Zico0(m): 10:50am On May 24, 2015
Godmother:

CC
Mk82
Zico0
Sarahn

2000 characters is quite small, 5 pages more or less.

I have not registered under author central, I don't think it's relevant.

... if you can get a handle on the kindle cover page editor, i.e, if you can use the editor; why not?

'great' has no standard; any can be cool.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Shadowblaqq(m): 4:20pm On May 24, 2015
You can outsource the design to Fiverr.com just do a research for kindle ebook cover designers
hamlak:

I do not have the above skills. Is there any online software / Generators
that can help me make out good looking ecovers?

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by dotfak: 8:04pm On May 24, 2015
I have a simple question for you sir. The question is this. What is the average number of pages that your books are?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 10:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
This thread musnt be allowed to die o. I know we are all busy but let's keep it alive biko. I ve learnt so so much from it already
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by KingsleyAni1993(m): 7:29am On Jun 12, 2015
For those here that have published with them, what payment options did you choose? Who bank do you have domiciliary account with? And how about promotion? Do you have blogs? If not, get one
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2015
This thread shouldn't die o. I have 5 books on kindle already and I have seen some positives. I have sold 3 books so far and have some of my books borrowed. A big thanks to Mk82 for starting this thread smiley
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 2:56pm On Jun 12, 2015
KingsleyAni1993:
For those here that have published with them, what payment options did you choose? Who bank do you have domiciliary account with? And how about promotion? Do you have blogs? If not, get one
Try to read the thread from the beginning, these questions have been answered. When you register with Kdp, the default payment option is cheque. Later when you get the payoneer account, you will add it and you can start receiving EFT. We don't use domiciliary accounts.

Godmother:
This thread shouldn't die o. I have 5 books on kindle already and I have seen some positives. I have sold 3 books so far and have some of my books borrowed. A big thanks to Mk82 for starting this thread smiley
It's a good start, but you should improve your research and quality of books so as to get. better results.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 4:32pm On Jun 12, 2015
mk82:

Try to read the thread from the beginning, these questions have been answered. When you register with Kdp, the default payment option is cheque. Later when you get the payoneer account, you will add it and you can start receiving EFT. We don't use domiciliary accounts.

It's a good start, but you should improve your research and quality of books so as to get. better results.

Improve? In what way? I try to carry out extensive research? But if there are other ways I can use to get more positive results I'm gamed. Pls what are they? I want to do so well in this kindle publishing
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 5:58pm On Jun 12, 2015
Godmother:

Improve? In what way? I try to carry out extensive research? But if there are other ways I can use to get more positive results I'm gamed. Pls what are they? I want to do so well in this kindle publishing
You said 5 books gave you 3 sales and a few borrows (although you didn't mention how long ago those books were published). You should get more than that from 5 books if you have done a really good job.
Pick out the best selling 3-4 books under your niche keyword and use their standard to evaluate your books. Check the titles, cover design, chapter arrangement, quantity & quality of content etc then you will know what you have to improve.
If you can't beat them, at least match them in all respects.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 6:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
mk82:

You said 5 books gave you 3 sales and a few borrows (although you didn't mention how long ago those books were published). You should get more than that from 5 books if you have done a really good job.
Pick out the best selling 3-4 books under your niche keyword and use their standard to evaluate your books. Check the titles, cover design, chapter arrangement, quantity & quality of content etc then you will know what you have to improve.
If you can't beat them, at least match them in all respects.

Ok, I got the sales in about 3 weeks. The fifth book was uploaded 2 days ago. Will check the things you pointed out and see how it goes

Modified
I'm writing a book on recipes and I downloaded some videos from YouTube. I'm writing the procedures of the recipes from the videos as I watch, though writing them in my own words. Want to find out if I won't be penalised for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNMyPnE-nSc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (201) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.