Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,923 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks - Business (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks (414690 Views)

How To Make Regular Income With Google Adsense / I Want A Business Idea, That Can Fetch Me A Regular Income. / Legal Online-biz Opportunities You Can Utilize To Earn Regular Income Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 4:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
Godmother:

Ok, I got the sales in about 3 weeks. The fifth book was uploaded 2 days ago. Will check the things you pointed out and see how it goes

Modified
I'm writing a book on recipes and I downloaded some videos from YouTube. I'm writing the procedures of the recipes from the videos as I watch, though writing them in my own words. Want to find out if I won't be penalised for this.
No you won't be penalized. You can also change the title of the recipes slightly. Then check your work with copyscape.

2 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 7:43pm On Jun 13, 2015
mk82:

No you won't be penalized. You can also change the title of the recipes slightly. Then check your work with copyscape.

Ok, thanx a lot
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 2:35am On Jun 14, 2015
Hello everyone, thanks for all the good work you have being doing. special recognition to @mk82.
please i have a couple of question i need clarification.
1. i have publish som books my qustn is after the promo days do i have to change them myself or they automatically turn.
2 how do i know my books are either selling or borrowing. i am confused here
THANKS
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2015
MULLAH123:
Hello everyone, thanks for all the good work you have being doing. special recognition to @mk82.
please i have a couple of question i need clarification.
1. i have publish som books my qustn is after the promo days do i have to change them myself or they automatically turn.
2 how do i know my books are either selling or borrowing. i am confused here
THANKS
1. When the free promotion ends, your book reverts to the chosen price automatically.
2. To check sales and borrows, go to your account, click on reports then click on Month-to-Date Unit Sales.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 7:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
@ mk82

Is there a way to view the money you earn from books borrowed?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by kaposky(f): 2:31am On Jun 16, 2015
Start your mini importation business today with these top 20 peculiar products
that sell like crazy.
Check my signature below to get now before it goes off forever.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 2:18pm On Jun 16, 2015
Godmother:
@ mk82

Is there a way to view the money you earn from books borrowed?
You can only see the amount for borrows of previous months. Go to reports and click on "Prior Months' Royalties". The previous month's excel sheet is available from the 15th of each month.
However, from July 1st, there will no longer be number of borrows. Your Kdp select income will be calculated according to the number of pages customers read on your book.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
mk82:

You can only see the amount for borrows of previous months. Go to reports and click on "Prior Months' Royalties". The previous month's excel sheet is available from the 15th of each month.
However, from July 1st, there will no longer be number of borrows. Your Kdp select income will be calculated according to the number of pages customers read on your book.

Yea, I saw this yesterday. Thanx for the response
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 16, 2015
Good day every one.
@mk82 i checked the sales and i saw 1 unit sold but under the us sales i am seeing $4, what is happening?
secondly, if to say my money reach some appreciable amount, how do i withdraw it cos i didnt see any option which signifies that.
THANK YOU
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 6:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
MULLAH123:
Good day every one.
@mk82 i checked the sales and i saw 1 unit sold but under the us sales i am seeing $4, what is happening?
secondly, if to say my money reach some appreciable amount, how do i withdraw it cos i didnt see any option which signifies that.
THANK YOU
The amount of sales does not always correspond with number of sakes reported on your reports page. It's usually an approximation due to time lapses. The final update is the one that comes at the end of the month.
To learn how to withdraw your money (in Nigeria), check previous pages of this thread.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by ayoalfonso: 9:42am On Jun 20, 2015
hello everyone

I'm a kindle publisher, i have volumes of books I've handwritten, is it possible to upload the scanned copies as the book and format it well according to chapters and subsections for kindle.

I ask this because I saw a policy that says kindle will remove such books from sale as they become unreadable.
what if it's readable as I will give a good formatting agency.

what do you suggest i do to convert them if kindle doesn't accept
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by wisehouse(m): 3:03am On Jun 23, 2015
ayoalfonso:
hello everyone

I'm a kindle publisher, i have volumes of books I've handwritten, is it possible to upload the scanned copies as the book and format it well according to chapters and subsections for kindle.

I ask this because I saw a policy that says kindle will remove such books from sale as they become unreadable.
what if it's readable as I will give a good formatting agency.

what do you suggest i do to convert them if kindle doesn't accept
hire one on fiverr to retype it for u o pm me so we talk{i can do that for u} or better still if u ve d time u can use dictation . io to write while u read aloud.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 24, 2015
good day everyone
please @mk82 my questions are
1. under what method is US PAYPAL ACC. is it EFT or WIRE?
2. I saw some english which i didnt understand, say you get paid after 60 days from the end of the month in which your cash meet the treshhold. does it mean i will have to wait even with my US PAYPAL acc. for 3 months before i get paid?
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 11:27am On Jun 24, 2015
MULLAH123:
good day everyone
please @mk82 my questions are
1. under what method is US PAYPAL ACC. is it EFT or WIRE?
2. I saw some english which i didnt understand, say you get paid after 60 days from the end of the month in which your cash meet the treshhold. does it mean i will have to wait even with my US PAYPAL acc. for 3 months before i get paid?

1 There is nothing like US PAYPAL act. for Kdp publishers. Payment is through cheque or EFT. I have told you before to read the thread from the beginning. Payment information has been discussed.
2. Payment for sales are made 60 days from the month the sale is made. Example: January sales are paid by March end, February by April end, March by May end.
Once you get your first payment, you will continue to receive money every month because you always have 2,months money in the system (as long as you make sales each month).
EFT payment does not have threshold. You'll be paid even if you make $1.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2015
I noticed that people in Nigeria are not allowed to buy kindle books. Is there a way one can buy ? Can I change my IP to buy without getting penalized or banned.

cc
mk82
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 7:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
Godmother:
I noticed that people in Nigeria are not allowed to buy kindle books. Is there a way one can buy ? Can I change my IP to buy without getting penalized or banned.

cc
mk82
Send a request to my gmail.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
It's either that or helping hands international or even both.

Hi. I'll keep it short. If you are interested in making money, about $100k in less than 3 months with of course little sacrifice and diligence then i have good news for you. #ItsNotAScam.Google about 'helping hands international' and read about them then WhatsApp/Text me 08055997481 if you're interested. Thanks. #ReBroadcast please.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by yebo36(f): 11:01pm On Jun 24, 2015
I was following this thread before my phone got missing. @mk82 can you please put me through on how to write ebook? Thanks in advance.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Godmother(f): 7:36am On Jun 25, 2015
crimpson4:
It's either that or helping hands international or even both.

Hi. I'll keep it short. If you are interested in making money, about $100k in less than 3 months with of course little sacrifice and diligence then i have good news for you. #ItsNotAScam.Google about 'helping hands international' and read about them then WhatsApp/Text me 08055997481 if you're interested. Thanks. #ReBroadcast please.

I think you should open a thread for this so this particular thread doesn't get derailed. This thread is about how to publish on kindle platform. Pls let's endeavor to keep it that way

4 Likes

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by KingsleyAni1993(m): 10:14pm On Jun 25, 2015
I love all you guys that are here swapping good advice. However, when I read through many of the posts I discovered something. Some are just trying to make a fast buck here. Truth be told, thats a joke. Writing is EXTREMELY competitive. I been there, been a writer for years, right since my early teens and I can tell you that it took severe sweat to get contracts for articles way back then. Writing novels then too, takes a lot out of you. Then came the severe hunt for literary agents across the glitzy literary world of New York, UK, even the Europeans. But no, they have other authors banging down their doors from all over the world.

For the first full length fiction i wrote, The Wedded LovePeddler, at 86,000 words, over a hundred literary agents and publishers from the USA said no, but that the work was very good. Believe me I had worked and reworked the book three times! There are so many serious authors out there, so we all turn now to Amazon.

https://kingsleyadrian./2015/06/25/the-wedded-LovePeddler/

An you think it gets easy? That's a joke. You publish your work on Amazon, and thats when your work begins. You must promote, advertise, put the word out on Goodreads.

I tried a run on Amazon with a 11,000 words short story, to see how the platform was; the book has been once published in Texas in an anthology but, the rights have reverted to me. Over 193 buys within 5 days. An it was all due to serious advertising on my blog and through contacts in the online world. I tried, right? No!!

Now someone here Is plagiarising recipes from Youtube, another Is writing a 2,000 words mini book and expects big turnover. Ok, continue. Na you they carry waka come.

Writing is a full time blood job. If you're not cut out for it, please leave. If you are, carry on. Write the very best there is in you.

Try smashwords. They now have a pre order feature. I'm using it now. See link above. Look..?

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by KingsleyAni1993(m): 10:16pm On Jun 25, 2015
The link had been rewritten by Nairaland. Oops. Type The Wedded Who** put in re in place of the stars
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by BiznessGear: 8:44am On Jun 27, 2015
I just created an account with them. Nigeria is not on their list of countries. How do I go about this as I reside in Nigeria and I dont want to use a fake address.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 11:48am On Jun 27, 2015
BiznessGear:
I just created an account with them. Nigeria is not on their list of countries. How do I go about this as I reside in Nigeria and I dont want to use a fake address.
If you are talking about kdp.amazon.com, Nigeria is definitely on the list of countries. Check again. You don't have to and shouldn't use fake information. Use your genuine details and the exact name on your ID (Driver's license, National ID or International passport)
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by BiznessGear: 12:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
mk82:

If you are talking about kdp.amazon.com, Nigeria is definitely on the list of countries. Check again. You don't have to and shouldn't use fake information. Use your genuine details and the exact name on your ID (Driver's license, National ID or International passport)

Seen and done! Thanks.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 30, 2015
Am having 5 books with $10, feeling discouraged embarassed
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by johnsondbolaji(m): 3:56pm On Jul 01, 2015
hello, i will like to know how we nigerians can get over the 30% tax when the money is sent to nigeria through EFT
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 1:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
johnsondbolaji:
hello, i will like to know how we nigerians can get over the 30% tax when the money is sent to nigeria through EFT
The 30% withholding tax applies whether you collect payment by cheque or EFT. There is no way to avoid it. Nigeria does not have a tax treaty with the USA and the other concerned countries.

Make enough money and you'll never feel the impact of the tax!!!

1 Like

Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by Exoticstan(m): 6:18pm On Jul 02, 2015
mk82:

The 30% withholding tax applies whether you collect payment by cheque or EFT. There is no way to avoid it. Nigeria does not have a tax treaty with the USA and the other concerned countries.

Make enough money and you'll never feel the impact of the tax!!!
Boss, I 've been following this thread for long now and have published three books (since 27th June) but no sales yet; though over 50 promo downloads.

Could it be the category? (one biz, the other two are e.r.o.t.i.c.a). I am a versatile researcher who is willing to work. I ask that you help recommend one or two well-selling non-fiction categories for me. Thanks boss.
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by johnsondbolaji(m): 3:40am On Jul 03, 2015
Let us keep this forum alive, this is real passive income legal and sustainable, i wonder why people are just silent. guys are just keeping betting stuff alive, better not think of now alone but future
Re: Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks by mk82(m): 10:26am On Jul 03, 2015
Exoticstan:

Boss, I 've been following this thread for long now and have published three books (since 27th June) but no sales yet; though over 50 promo downloads.

Could it be the category? (one biz, the other two are e.r.o.t.i.c.a). I am a versatile researcher who is willing to work. I ask that you help recommend one or two well-selling non-fiction categories for me. Thanks boss.
Ero.tica is overcrowded, you'll do better with romance themed books with at least 10,000 words. It has to be written by native English writers though.
Business books may not sell if you don't have new information you're bringing to the table as well as serious advertising.
If you read my previous post, you'll see were I mentioned recipes as being good keywords for beginners. I know many people who have built substantial regular income by just publishing good quality cookbooks. Mind you, recipes are not just about food.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (201) (Reply)

Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria / Package Delivery Problems: USPS And NIPOST / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 23

Viewing this topic: Inspirer1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.