Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,497 members, 7,954,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:08 PM

Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me (35138 Views)

Suntai Leaves Govt. House; Packs Into House Bought For Him By His Deputy / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2013
Make thunder fire that lipstick mouth she take talk am.

1 Like

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by SirElaw(m): 6:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
Does this woman think we are srtupid or wat?
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by gen2briz(m): 6:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by lekanwj(m): 6:25pm On Oct 31, 2013
These people never cease to amaze me. A car of that amount in a pool. Come on madam minister Nigerians r not fools.

3 Likes

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by xager(m): 6:25pm On Oct 31, 2013
you people leave this woman alone na! wetin?
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by andrewozed: 6:26pm On Oct 31, 2013
;DThe NEEDFULL
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by lexrichy(m): 6:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
4king politics using this story to cover up the real events that are happening in the country now .

1 Like

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Odeju(m): 6:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
Front page .......hm most corrupt minister in nigeria lipsrsealed
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by IYANGBALI: 6:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
lakhadimar: Leave STEALER oduah alone na our daughter
stealer odua has conned another word for us,NEEDFUL

2 Likes

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Bpriest(m): 6:27pm On Oct 31, 2013
xager: you people leave this woman alone na! wetin?
enugu N4,000 crew member

8 Likes

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by IYANGBALI: 6:28pm On Oct 31, 2013
xager: you people leave this woman alone na! wetin?
is STEALER oduah your sister?

6 Likes

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by xager(m): 6:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
SirElaw: .
gen2briz: .
meanwhile see these ones undecided
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by xager(m): 6:30pm On Oct 31, 2013
IYA NGBALI: is STEALER oduah your sister?
every news on nairaland frontpage now is Oduah! is she the only thief stealer in the country? grin
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by remimartins: 6:31pm On Oct 31, 2013
The key to your better future is you .if you know you're tired of being broke...today might be the day that turns your life around.click this link http:///HtB7bl and ask for Bill
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by jliusadura(m): 6:32pm On Oct 31, 2013
She knew the phrase 'do the needful' could become controversial if the bubble busts. Hmmm, that woman must be a professional fr*****

1 Like

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 31, 2013
STEALER oduah must go
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by waternogetenemy: 6:33pm On Oct 31, 2013
Now we can probe Fashola, Tinubu, Iyaloja and Babaloja and their nine armoured vehicles.

Ladipo traders have been dehumanised so fashola can drive Armoured vehicles.Source - www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/my-ordeal-in-prison-says-okoli-ladipo-market-leader/

2 Likes

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by size38: 6:33pm On Oct 31, 2013
Aviation minister, Stella Odua is a common criminal and should be treated as such. Nonsense!
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Akshow: 6:33pm On Oct 31, 2013
atlwireles: The rush to judgement crowd, should always learn to allow due process, when dealing with issues like this. Stella did nothing wrong and the attempt to chase her from office has completely failed.
I can see d four thousand u were paid is still working

3 Likes

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 31, 2013
"Do the needful" is the funniest phrase ever deployed to defend Madam Oduah!

1. Would NCAA have gone ahead with the deal with only "Do the needful" on the memo? What was needed to execute the deal was an approval by the Minister. Stella Oduah gave that approval. This is not a case of NCAA executing a deal without getting an approval from the Minister. Stella has exonerated the DG of NCAA from any wrong doing, at least up to this point. "Not approved" is clearly different from "approved, do the needful".

2. Does she have powers to give that approval considering the amount involved? Minister's approval limit is N100 million, anything more than that requires approval by the Federal Executive Council. But Stella gave an approval for a deal amounting to N255 million without FEC approval. Obviously, NCAA does not have means or powers to table anything before FEC without going through the Minister of Aviation. So, Stella is still responsible for the approval she gave to NCAA.

3.It beggars belief that a Minister would approve such an amount of money without prior discussions about the deal or without an elaborate briefings on methodology of execution. You can't just approve what has not been examined to your satisfaction. You read, schedule an appointment with subordinates, ask questions (if you are not clear about anything), then approve. If you have doubts about anything, you demand such is fixed before approving the deal. But once you approved, it means you are happy with everything.

So key questions answered.
1.Stella Oduah approved the deal
2.The approval was beyond her stipulated limit.
That's clearly an abuse of office.

This investigation has also exposed Maduka as a shady business man. He lied to both Ministry of Finance and NSA on a matter that ordinarily should be straight forward. Lagos did not order armored vehicles, Ministry of Finance did not and could not approve waiver for NCAA because it did not even submit any application to that effect. Ditto for NSA. But here we are NCAA have armored cars with fraudulent NSA clearance, all thanks to Crook-Mas Maduka. That's not all. The cars supplied have different chassis number to ones quoted on invoices, which speaks volume of the extent of desperation to cover up the obvious. Hear Okonjo Iweala here:
Clearing the air on the issue, Okonjo-Iweala said in a statement issued by her Special Adviser, Paul C Nwabuikwu:
“Rather, on June 23, 2012, the Lagos State Government applied for Waiver of Destination Inspection Charges and Duty Exemptions for Coscharis Motors Nigeria Ltd, the official Automobile Partner for the National Sports Festival (“EKO 2012”), to purchase 300 vehicles on its behalf for the event.“Since the Lagos State Government met the laid down criteria, the waiver was granted.It is also important to clarify that the waiver granted to the Lagos State Government for the event did not include the purchase of armoured vehicles.”

http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=3301&title=%E2%80%98Oduahgate%E2%80%99:-Okonjo-Iweala-clears-the-air,-says-no-duty-waiver-granted-for-armoured-cars&scid=15
So, the importation and subsequent clearance of these cars did not follow laid down procedure. Maduka has more explanation to do.

That's not all. Read this:
The lawmakers insisted that the cars was not brand new.Though, Maduka tried to explain that the high mileage recorded in the vehicle could have been the result of usage by NCAA, the agency denied ever using the car since it was delivered.
grin grin grin

Now to the bank angle:
While first bank called it a loan, NCAA called a mere understanding, yet millions of naira have already been expended.
Read this:
The financing bank, First Bank of Nigeria Plc, denied the claim by the NCAA that the cars were bought under a lease agreement, insisting that the NCAA requested for loan to buy them.The bank said the NCAA actually wrote to the bank seeking loans to buy cars for its management staff and agreements were reached on how the loans would be paid back in 36 installments.The bank said the N643 million loan it granted NCAA attracts interest of N500 million within the 36 months life span. When put on the burner, the NCAA management agreed that it committed a big error in asking for the minister’s permission to buy cars in excess of what was approved for in the budget by parliament.
They also apologised to the House of Representatives for the sustained campaign on television programmes in which the agency has been telling Nigerians that the National Assembly approved purchase of the cars

And the minister approved all these without questioning. Approved just do the needful! Stella is a big thief.
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/10/coscharis-sold-used-bulletproof-cars-to-ncaa-reps-allege/

So, if NASS did not approve the purchase, what do we call it? Extra-budgetary spending!

Put everything together:
****. Stella approved an extra budgetary spending to the tune of N255 million which is clearly above her legal approval limit. If that's not an abuse of office, I don't know what it is.

I expect a report from NASS that indicts Stella Oduah and Maduka.

26 Likes

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Bpriest(m): 6:35pm On Oct 31, 2013
xager: every news on nairaland frontpage now is Oduah! is she the only thief in the country? grin
why don't you create a thread about the others?

2 Likes

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by atlwireles: 6:35pm On Oct 31, 2013
Akshow: I can see d four thousand u were paid is still working

Your comment says alot about you. How much is your soul, tell me, I will write you a check for it.
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by echarlz(m): 6:36pm On Oct 31, 2013
I weep for Naija. And for her future I wail. Too many thieves in high places. That minister's instruction in her memo on doing the needful carries with its ambiguity a tone of excutive arrogance. And giving it the meaning that suited her in the hearing is plain stupidity and condescending to the rest of us.
Hon Manwe was fantastic in the drilling and dazing of that equally stupid DG. Call the reps thieves too if U like... Wetin concern me? Make thief dey catch thief one by one... One day, pretty soon stoning and other forms of jungle justice will start

1 Like

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by kabba7(m): 6:36pm On Oct 31, 2013
M
This is cassiq attempt to sweep this sit under 3rd mainland bridge however as the days roll by the following questions will have to be clarified
1) how much were the price tag on those oduah cars Nd how much appear on the invoice.
2) what connection has lagos state government with the oduah cars.
3) who requested for duty waiver for those cars Nd for whom was granted.
4)as ms oduah denied the cRab being bought for her after delivery at where were they kept ?
From the news above am sure the pdp family theory is coming up very soon.
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Michelyr3(m): 6:37pm On Oct 31, 2013
Why una dey run away frm d owner of d car,?
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by SimonN(m): 6:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
Then who?? ;DThen who??
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Bobosky123(m): 6:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
Lord have mercy!! Only in Nigeria! The Cars were bought for ghosts then..

1 Like

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Zet72(m): 6:41pm On Oct 31, 2013
Bpriest: Typical, even when they are caught ,they keep lying.Smh it wasn't for you my foot, Shm @ do the needful.
#oduah must go
Oya comot ur agbada & go pursue her......tribal ODE

1 Like

Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by Burger01(m): 6:43pm On Oct 31, 2013
This woman can LIE.. huh!

sad
Re: Oduah - N255m Cars Were Not Bought For Me by hardbody: 6:43pm On Oct 31, 2013
SirElaw: Does this woman think we are srtupid or wat?

No she is not thinking it, she KNOWS that most Nigerians really are. And more pathethic is the fact that they suffer from selective amnesia. Very soon we will forget that this happened and move on to other distractions. I still love my country, a place where anything can happen and 'NEEDFUL' has acquired a new meaning even if it is preceeded by 'Approved'

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Police Kill Four Gunmen Attempting To Enforce Sit-At-Home In Enugu / Buhari Condemns Zamfara Blasphemy Killings / Lagos Government Declares "War" On Okada Riders - Massive Hunt Down Ongoing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.