Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

92 Migrants Die In Sahara Desert After Failed Crossing - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 92 Migrants Die In Sahara Desert After Failed Crossing (22603 Views)

6 Catholic Seminarians Die In Accident - Graphic Photos / Man Crushed To Death While Crossing Road In Lagos Today (graphic) / See What Happens To Some Nigerians Who Try To Cross To Europe Via Sahara Desert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 92 Migrants Die In Sahara Desert After Failed Crossing by Asiwaju9ja(m): 11:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
I remember growing up in Benin those days. Dem dey sell the map for that journey. It is 150naira.
It is called Aduwawa-Spain.

From Aduwawa in Ikpoba hill Benin-city Edo state. Take Big Joe(transport company) going to Kano. From kano take a bus going to niamey. Tamarasset is the camp site and Arlit also. From there to Agades if u are on ur way to Algeria and Libya.

You take the Mali-marrakesh route if u are on ur way to Spain.

It wasn't funny, boys died and boys were lost.

May God purnish all our leaders and their families who stole the future of these ones and forced them to undertake that perilous journey.

I know a few that didn't make it and those that made it.

1 Like

Re: 92 Migrants Die In Sahara Desert After Failed Crossing by mrperfect(m): 11:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
This is sad for the family.
Re: 92 Migrants Die In Sahara Desert After Failed Crossing by Smooyis(m): 11:48pm On Nov 01, 2013
May God have mercy on them and accept their souls.
Re: 92 Migrants Die In Sahara Desert After Failed Crossing by goddyzee: 1:28am On Nov 02, 2013
kwajahafiz: Sub saharan Africa remains a scourge for the rest of the world....Though it is clear that even if Niger has limited resources, which is doubtfull, It should still be able to afford for its citizenry with an astute and inteligence management, which sadly all sub saharan African countries lack.....Countries that fail should be able to hire successfull countries to come in and manage them for a stipulated contracted period...call it recolonization if you want. This is dire and has gone critical.
which country would grow ur country well without u signing documents dat will mortgage ur cillective future.i believe d subsharan shd read abt d asian tigers and fight corruption
Re: 92 Migrants Die In Sahara Desert After Failed Crossing by scobaba: 2:05am On Nov 02, 2013
Afrocatalyst: na wa o. Me i no fit o, no matter how condition take bend crayfish.

U nevaa see anytyn.
Re: 92 Migrants Die In Sahara Desert After Failed Crossing by megaomo(m): 2:47am On Nov 02, 2013
There was a report a couple of years ago from Niger Republic. It was said then that the country was suffering from a natural disaster,the report went further to state that this natural disaster was indeed FAMINE. Men that was some crazy ish. As for this report,its too much a sacrifice for a good and better life. Save Africa o Lord
Re: 92 Migrants Die In Sahara Desert After Failed Crossing by obilu10001: 5:10am On Nov 02, 2013
[quote author=Afrocatalyst]na wa o. Me i no fit o, no matter how condition take bend crayfish.[/quoteo. ]. Okay na make u dey der wit sour garri
Re: 92 Migrants Die In Sahara Desert After Failed Crossing by anonimi: 5:11am On Nov 02, 2013
It will be interesting to know how many Nigerians are among the dead.
When I read such stories I remember a line from Bob Marley's lyrics:

In the abundance of water the FOOL is thirsty.

There are so many opportunities here if we are take a long-term approach to everything while being hardworking, smart and denounce our relations, friends, acquaintances, religious group fellow members etc in their corruption acts rather than condone them because we might get a chance through them for a share of the national cake aka Niger Delta oil.

BTW, I wonder what those calling on God are expecting- that He should come down to fix our self-inflicted mess despite creating us ALL in His image i.e. with all requisite talent and capacity
Re: 92 Migrants Die In Sahara Desert After Failed Crossing by Whiteguru: 6:47am On Nov 02, 2013
johnwizey: SECONDED

Thirded! shocked grin grin grin
Re: 92 Migrants Die In Sahara Desert After Failed Crossing by everyday: 7:25am On Nov 02, 2013
This is terrible
Re: 92 Migrants Die In Sahara Desert After Failed Crossing by basty: 7:52am On Nov 02, 2013
You mean 92 Igbos? Na wah o. R.I.P sha for believing in what they belief, Ego or money.
Re: 92 Migrants Die In Sahara Desert After Failed Crossing by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 02, 2013
Re: 92 Migrants Die In Sahara Desert After Failed Crossing by Whitecoal711: 9:50am On Nov 02, 2013
Does way dey make am since nko
Re: 92 Migrants Die In Sahara Desert After Failed Crossing by Originalsly: 12:24pm On Nov 02, 2013
Sad. People can do better in Africa if they make the same sacrifices and put the same energy as they do to get to Europe. I can understand if Europe was heaven but it is not. They never consider going to any other country in Africa...they prefer risk their lives...and even if they get there safely...risk being arrested and penned like animals...and if not...risk being homeless and jobless....all for the sake of being in Europe period. This is like a mental disease...a mental epidemic. Too many people are bent on getting to Europe...by any means necessary. "Emancipate yourself from mental slavery; None but yourself can free your mind" - Bob Marley.
Re: 92 Migrants Die In Sahara Desert After Failed Crossing by DankemzI(m): 9:05pm On Nov 02, 2013
mayten30: angry GOD will bless you for the murder of ENGLISH LANGUAGE!!!!!!

I try sef..... Until i see a french Man speaking Igbo/Yoruba fluently..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suggestions,i Wan Denied Of My Us Visa Can I Reapply Immediately? / Trailer Crushes 8 To Death Including Students In Abuja / Flood Takes Over Some Parts Of Uyo, Akwa Ibom (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.