Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,053 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Untitled - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Untitled (533 Views)

Untitled Fiction / Untitled Fantasy Novel: Read And Review,people! / Untitled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Untitled by Dooley(f): 7:39am On Nov 02, 2013
Sedoo! My mother called out. She had just returned from Gboko,where she attended my cousins formal introduction to the family of the beautiful young lady he intends to marry. When I heard of the news,I wondered why my young unemployed cousin would want to take up a bride. In about two weeks he would leave for the NYSC programme yet here he was visiting his girl friends family to tell them he wants to marry her. Most astonishing is that his parents are solidly behind him. Could he have put her in a family way? I pondered, yes that should be the reason. If not why would he take such a bold step?....... Sedoo!!! My mothers voice vibrated. 'Maaaaaaaaa! I responded and rushed out to meet her.'Mummy welcome' I said as I sat down on a plastic chair just infront of her. "How did the introduction go?" I asked, she replied "oh it went well", then before I could hold my tongue I blurted out what had been going on in my head, "why is he trying to get married?" ,"sey,he is going for service?". She answered by telling me how she asked his mum and she mumbled something like the parents of her soon to be daughter in-law are devout catholics and knights for that matter. That being knights themselves,herself and my uncle were more than happy that their only son,my cousin, would marry from such a home. And since he would leave for the NYSC orientation camp soon,they didn't want to take chances. They were worried he might go and fall in love with a girl who is neither catholic and her parents wouldn't be knights after all.
My mother went on about how the introduction was more like a traditional wedding because everything was done except for the payment of dowry. Then she paused as though she was meditating, and almost immediately she looked at me and asked "when are we going to host your's sedoo?",when are you going to get married?. I laughed hysterically..........to be contd
Re: Untitled by sarutobie(m): 11:12am On Nov 02, 2013
I can relate to this,though I don't know why catholic families are often so aggresive on what denomination their children want to marry from(abi all of them no be christains ni?)..@Op..this strory is engaging already..do quick and update more..and your story has no title??
Re: Untitled by Dooley(f): 11:48am On Nov 02, 2013
@sarutobie I dnt know what tittle to give it just yet.
Re: Untitled by sarutobie(m): 1:01pm On Nov 02, 2013
Doo_ley: @sarutobie I dnt know what tittle to give it just yet.
Ok.title go fit wait..patiently waiting for the next update
Re: Untitled by Tinu02(f): 5:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
Following
Re: Untitled by tmamuda(m): 5:00pm On Nov 03, 2013
Followin

Nid 2 space ur work wit enter key.

(1) (Reply)

THE TAPESTRY: A Short Story Of Love And Self Forgiveness / Brain Teaser / Tales By Jovita

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.