Stats: 3,194,067 members, 7,953,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:08 PM

FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano (8418 Views)

My Ordeal With Customs And Quarantine Officers At Emirates Airline Desk MMIA / Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos / Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by HAH: 8:29am On Nov 02, 2013
Federal government has again hurriedly approved Emirate airline to land in Abuja and Lagos, this is coming at the heel of corruption crises rocking the sector.

Emirate applied for the Abuja route but was denied and instead asked to ply PH or Enugu but suddenly in the twist of thing emirate are approved for the route after over a year of application

Similarly turkish airline was earlier hurriedly approved to ply kano route, this sudden approval may not be unconnected with the crises facing the minister Stella Oduah, as a lot of stake holder have criticise her .

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-approves-emirates-airline-to-ply-abuja-kano-routes/163261/
Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by HAH: 8:33am On Nov 02, 2013
Chei, e be like say liver don fail for GEJ and Stella Oduah, and pressure is a good thing when you need something.

See how Aviation sector are trying to please Kano people. Wallahi I love Kwankwaso he always wins,

Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by ilaugh1: 8:43am On Nov 02, 2013
Very irresponsible way to conclude on issues. So its because of Oduah that they "hurriedly" made the approval. Sometimes, people find it very hard to use their brain before uttering rubbish. Nonsense.

Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by ilaugh1: 8:44am On Nov 02, 2013
This is the story from ThisDay, before you will tell me that was what the paper said.

The Federal Government has confirmed the approval of Emirates Airlines to fly from both the Nnamdi Azikiwe and Mallam Aminu Kano International Airports.

Director of Air Transport in the Federal Ministry of Aviation, Hassan Musa confirmed this to THISDAY this week. He also hinted that both South African and Turkish Airlines are jostling for the Abuja route.

Hassan who is one the officials designated by the Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah to sign the Bilateral Air Services Agreement (BASA) for Nigeria explained to THISDAY that foreign or local airlines requested to fly certain routes, while the designated countries negotiated on the request based on existing BASA agreements standardised by International Civil Aviation Organisation before it is granted.

Emirates Airlines under the United Arab Emirates he confirmed, “has since been approved to operate from Abuja and Kano airports,” but said “the airline is still fine-tuning their logistics and business plan to fly the route. “To be honest Emirates under UAE has been approved to fly from Abuja and Kano Airports. The decision on when to start depends on them. The Minister has asked them to start. Ours also have rights to start. Every airline needs to do the fulfill obligation. We can’t tell them when to start. But anytime they are ready, they can start. It is not our duty to tell them. Aviation is a global.”

Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 02, 2013
k
Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by HAH: 8:56am On Nov 02, 2013
i_laugh: Very irresponsible way to conclude on issues. So its because of Oduah that they "hurriedly" made the approval. Sometimes, people find it very hard to use their brain before uttering rubbish. Nonsense.

Why would min of aviation keep turkish application for over 10 months and Emirate application for over a year, did nt the minister ask them to ply the Enugu and PH route ?
Why the sudden approval amist the crises rocking the sector ?

My friend the hand writing is clear she is now pleasing powers that be to retain her seat.

Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by LoveDecay(m): 9:14am On Nov 02, 2013
HAH: Chei, e be like say liver don fail for GEJ and Stella Oduah, and pressure is a good thing when you need something.

See how Aviation sector are trying to please Kano people. Wallahi I love Kwankwaso he always wins,

Experience is the best teacher ! grin
Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by talktimi(m): 9:17am On Nov 02, 2013
Op why are you such a wicked liar? Granted you hate this woman but there should be a limit na HABA. What you posted is completely different from what Thisday published, thank God some of us went to the main site due to your bad use of grammar coupled with immature word structures that made your post suspect.'
Get a life bro

Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by nduchucks: 9:21am On Nov 02, 2013
Hmmmm. Musa Kwankwaso warned Aviation Minister, Princess Stella Oduah, not to prevent foreign airlines from doing business in Kano.
The governor said: “If she (minister) wants to sleep well, she should allow all foreign airlines to come to Kano for business.”

I'm not so sure Oduah is sleeping well even after succumbing to Kwakwanso's request.

Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 02, 2013
Desperadoes trying everything to paint themselves good before us after their rot was exposed.

I hope all these things they are doing in hurry won't later backfire?

Vultures!

Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by HAH: 9:50am On Nov 02, 2013
ndu_chucks: Hmmmm. Musa Kwankwaso warned Aviation Minister, Princess Stella Oduah, not to prevent foreign airlines from doing business in Kano.
The governor said: “If she (minister) wants to sleep well, she should allow all foreign airlines to come to Kano for business.”

I'm not so sure Oduah is sleeping well even after succumbing to Kwakwanso's request.

I just dey laugh o
Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 02, 2013
This won't save either of u GEJ nor Stella Oduah

Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by EzePromoe: 10:06am On Nov 02, 2013
When one crazy man will blow up their cargoes, they will start crying foul of being attacked by Nigerians.
Abuja should be their only route.
Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 02, 2013
lovely... stealah was hoping to be bribed.
Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 02, 2013
OP u are very sick
Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by specialguest(f): 10:27am On Nov 02, 2013
Very good news! @least one doesn't have to go all the way to Lagos just to fly emirates anymore. Abv - dxb cheesy loading

Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by dridowu: 10:28am On Nov 02, 2013
Hmmmm Up Kano
Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by fkaz(m): 10:45am On Nov 02, 2013
Hmmm withing two week she has grant landing permit to turkish airline and emirate airways to land in Abuja and Kano after several month of denied.
APROVED but Please DO THE NEEDFUL by granting the remaining airline i.e Ehtihad airway, Ethiopia airway and Qatari airway their landing permit in Abuja and Kano also, instead of asking them to land in Enugu or PH. Let the availability of customer determine where ever the airline wish to land, don't force them to use PH or Enugu because kwankwaso won't take it likely with you madam.

Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by abdulkayus(m): 10:56am On Nov 02, 2013
Laffin in chinese, choi chi cin choi su ji, c where d so claim mighty dey humble. I thought she stella think she can do and undo. Hahahahaha. C hw she has been arm twisted. Mehhhnnnn, c sharp sharp action to appease d power. D probe will continue, we are unperturb
Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by Slizbeat(m): 11:24am On Nov 02, 2013
We can all see how it is going down.

If we say "let the south unite", the yoruba's wont agree because they want monopoly and to their greatest surprise, they will be betrayed by their hausa/Northern counterpart.

Isn't it too clear to see that the North are trying to control all things except for the collective growth of Lagos??

Ever wondered why Kwankwaso should be training graduates on piloting, whether their studied course relates to it or not??

Southern Nigeria should be wise enough to decipher all these. Why now that the minister is having problems?? Why was it an hausa man that. gave the information?? Keep on playing the BMW game while they divert our attention and carry out their evil acts.
Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by lilslick(m): 11:27am On Nov 02, 2013
alright
Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by EyesWideOpen(m): 11:28am On Nov 02, 2013
Slizbeat: We can all see how it is going down.

If we say "let the south unite", the yoruba's wont agree because they want monopoly and to their greatest surprise, they will be betrayed by their hausa/Northern counterpart.

Isn't it too clear to see that the North are trying to control all things except for the collective growth of Lagos??

Ever wondered why Kwankwaso should be training graduates on piloting, whether their studied course relates to it or not??

Southern Nigeria should be wise enough to decipher all these. Why now that the minister is having problems?? Why was it an hausa man that. gave the information?? Keep on playing the BMW game while they divert our attention and carry out their evil acts.

SMDH!
Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by Shyeikulislam1(m): 11:29am On Nov 02, 2013
I just dey observe

Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by omogidi234(m): 11:41am On Nov 02, 2013
Shyeikul islam1: I just dey observe

keep it up.
Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by HoldenCaulfield(m): 12:39pm On Nov 02, 2013
#kano oni baje# hausa accent mixed with yoruba#
kano my city, my state. kano garina, jihata,abar alfaharina. weather they like it or not.
Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by PapaBrowne(m): 12:59pm On Nov 02, 2013
ndu_chucks: Hmmmm. Musa Kwankwaso warned Aviation Minister, Princess Stella Oduah, not to prevent foreign airlines from doing business in Kano.

You guys think business is about sentiments.
And so when Emirates, Turkish and Saudi Arabian fly Kano route for 6 months and keep flying with empty planes, what next?
Egypt Air has been flying Kano forever and they surely are not having a good time as they have to fly from Kano to Lagos to pick up passengers before heading out to Cairo. Or go and ask Ethopian how their performance in Abuja has been since they'd been flying Ethopian?

We can do all the political correctness we like, if we dont have sound economics, all these let me Airport fly international would fail!

Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by Samxiulee: 1:23pm On Nov 02, 2013

which southern Nigeria?abeg if this is the way you guys want to be defending corrupt politicians pleased we are no longer interested in the southern Nigeria project,
Throwing up sentiments about kano and lagos won't work either,let the minister give landing rights to all the foreign airline and let them land anywhere they see passengers so that we can all rest bikonu.

Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by Milito: 1:38pm On Nov 02, 2013
PapaBrowne:

You guys think business is about sentiments.
And so when Emirates, Turkish and Saudi Arabian fly Kano route for 6 months and keep flying with empty planes, what next?
Egypt Air has been flying Kano forever and they surely are not having a good time as they have to fly from Kano to Lagos to pick up passengers before heading out to Cairo. Or go and ask Ethopian how their performance in Abuja has been since they'd been flying Ethopian?

We can do all the political correctness we like, if we dont have sound economics, all these let me Airport fly international would fail!
ntry

Sir your submission is contradictory. Business is indeed not about sentiments as u said. That is the reason u must not force airlines to ply routes they dont want to ply. You are going to kill the business!

Why are you 'worrying' for these airlines? Are u saying u have more business acumen in aviation business than them??!!

These guys are business people. They said they want to ply a particular route, u are here talking about them flying empty planes after 6 months.
If the market picks up in those other regions they are not plying, no one needs tell them before they apply to also fly there.

That is business for you. Competition! That is what stimulates the growth and creates the much needed employment.

Not some biased regulatory policy based on sentiments.

Why is this country like this for God's sake?!! No wonder this country is not progressing.

Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 02, 2013
U GUYS FAIL 2 C THE BIG PICTURE
THE APPROVAL MEANS MORE FLIGHTS =MORE TAXES =MORE FUNDS 4 MORE BULLETPROOF BEEMERS
Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by MeAboki(m): 2:50pm On Nov 02, 2013

Pls explain how does training of graduates to become pilots translate to carrying out evil act? Are you sane at all? So you actually expect the governor not to try to empower his ppl, so that you can continue looking down on them and calling them derogatory names. SMH.

Milito: ntry

Sir your submission is contradictory. Business is indeed not about sentiments as u said. That is the reason u must not force airlines to ply routes they dont want to ply. You are going to kill the business!

Why are you 'worrying' for these airlines? Are u saying u have more business acumen in aviation business than them??!!

These guys are business people. They said they want to ply a particular route, u are here talking about them flying empty planes after 6 months.
If the market picks up in those other regions they are not plying, no one needs tell them before they apply to also fly there.

That is business for you. Competition! That is what stimulates the growth and creates the much needed employment.

Not some biased regulatory policy based on sentiments.

Why is this country like this for God's sake?!! No wonder this country is not progressing.

Guy, you make sense die.

fkaz: Hmmm withing two week she has grant landing permit to turkish airline and emirate airways to land in Abuja and Kano after several month of denied.
APROVED but Please DO THE NEEDFUL by granting the remaining airline i.e Ehtihad airway, Ethiopia airway and Qatari airway their landing permit in Abuja and Kano also, instead of asking them to land in Enugu or PH. Let the availability of customer determine where ever the airline wish to land, don't force them to use PH or Enugu because kwankwaso won't take it likely with you madam.

I think Madam had finally seen reason to do the needful (Kwankwaso no de waste time) and approved for above airlines to ply the formerly denied Kano route.
This means I may no longer need to take off from Lagos but directly from Kano either by Ethiopia or Emirates Air to India for my next medical check up - thank you Kwankwaso, you are too much cheesy grin grin
Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by ayanfeeledumare(m): 3:44pm On Nov 02, 2013
HAH: Federal government has again hurriedly approved Emirate airline to land in Abuja and Lagos, this is coming at the heel of corruption crises rocking the sector.

Emirate applied for the Abuja route but was denied and instead asked to ply PH or Enugu but suddenly in the twist of thing emirate are approved for the route after over a year of application

Similarly turkish airline was earlier hurriedly approved to ply kano route, this sudden approval may not be unconnected with the crises facing the minister Stella Oduah, as a lot of stake holder have criticise her .

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-approves-emirates-airline-to-ply-abuja-kano-routes/163261/

HAH this is the most stupid statement I have ever heard. Why do u have to misled us? Your brain needs to be examined. Nairaland is a site yyt sensible contributions are made. I don't blame u but the I suspect this Ops for putting it on the FrontPage. HAH this is not badoo or 2go.
Re: FG Approves Emirates To Ply Abuja And Kano by HAH: 3:59pm On Nov 02, 2013
ayanfeeledumare:

HAH this is the most stupid statement I have ever heard. Why do u have to misled us? Your brain needs to be examined. Nairaland is a site yyt sensible contributions are made. I don't blame u but the I suspect this Ops for putting it on the FrontPage. HAH this is not badoo or 2go.

Go and bury your head in shame

Pro Corruption Cabal 0- 2 Rabiu Kwankwaso

Just wait for the hatrick hahahahahaha

Where Is Belarusian Embassy In Nigeria / Austrian Visa Application Form / UKBA Staff Are Rejecting African Visas Unfairly - Independent Report

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50