Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,253 members, 7,860,585 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:01 PM

Is it Supernatural? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is it Supernatural? (467 Views)

People that died as a result of thunderstorms is it supernatural or scientifical / Where Do You Stand On The Supernatural? / Those Doubting The Existence Of God,what Is The Source Of Supernatural Powers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is it Supernatural? by esauy: 12:31pm On Nov 03, 2013
From witchcraft being condemned from the pulpits of Pastor Enoch Adeboye & Helen Ukpabio to internet scam artists performing Sakawa rituals to obtain supernatural wealth, from believers dying in fanatical stampedes to see supernatural faith healers like T.B Joshua to the most recent deaths at the Anambra church stampede. How has belief in the supernatural become such an endemic trend in our modern era?

If Juju had any real power, wouldn't the fetish priests have used those powers to ward off the white slave traders of the past? If Witchcraft was real why would governments need weapons of mass destruction? They would just consult individuals with supernatural powers to put a hex on their enemies. I know there's that theory of the Illuminati too but seriously, you really think there needs to be some sort of blood sacrifice to obtain wealth & fame? Why can't we just accept an individuals grotesque accumulation of wealth for what it is, self serving greed, not a result of some diabolical occult ritual?

Where are the YouTube clips of blind eyes opening & limbs growing? Where is the footage of shape shifting children casting spells & flying about during the night? I know the bible says faith is the substance of things hoped for & evidence of things not seen, but why should someone believe in witches & miracle spring water without empirical proof. It just makes it easy for a lot of people to be taken advantage of & falsely accused.

Does anyone have any verifiable testimonials? I mean links to footage or documented evidence of the existence of supernatural occurrences? Would you close your eyes & drive your car on Faith? I hope not, then why is it ok to close your eyes & live a life believing in a supernatural world not seen? Faith, prophecy, revelation, curses, posession all can be easily identified as one thing "Hypnosis" (believed in imagination).

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Death: Doctor Dies Patient Lives.. / Mark My Word-You will surely be judged. / Prophets On Nairaland Enter Here!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.