Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business (15997 Views)

Top 10 College Drop Outs Who Made It Big In Business / Integrity And Ethics: Foundations For Sucess In Business / Partnership in business - Your Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
justi4jesu:

Its filipino or tagalog. Some informations you read here on Nairaland are not just for commenting but informative. So learn while you read people's comments.

You were the one that called Philippines a language. It's the same as saying that you speak Nigerian. Technically, there is no such thing.

Accept correction of being caught at your own lies, and stop this futile and totally unnecessary attempt to cover up your blunder.

And btw, The Philippines has over 180 indigenous ethnic groups, over half of which represent unique linguistic groups.

You only said tagalog when someone mentioned it first.
Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by justi4jesu(f): 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2013
FrostyZonn:

You were the one that called Philippines a language. It's the same as saying that you speak Nigerian. Technically, there is no such thing.

Accept correction of being caught at your own lies, and stop this futile and totally unnecessary attempt to cover up your blunder.

And btw, The Philippines has over 180 indigenous ethnic groups, over half of which represent unique linguistic groups.

You only said tagalog when someone mentioned it first.

And did he also mention cebu and ilokano? Am not disputing the fact that I mentioned the country's name instead of the language they speak.
Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by DonXavi(m): 3:51pm On Nov 04, 2013
Que bien encontrar alquien que puede hablar y escribir el castillano por aqui, me alegro. cheesy cheesy cheesy
philusaau: Estoy feliz de que puedo hablar muy bien el español
Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2013
l think l need to be in this forum to learn more foreign languages.
Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 04, 2013
FrostyZonn:

An informal language of Belize, a tiny central American nation.
It's a blend of English and Spanish, it's just like you guys have pidgin English.
Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by Buberwa(m): 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2013
justi4jesu:

Mambo?

Poa!Habari gani?
Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 04, 2013
Phder:
It's a blend of English and Spanish, it's just like you guys have pidgin English.

Yep.

1 Like

Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by wman(m): 8:44pm On Nov 04, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Google translate at work. Stop deceiving yourself. German is a very difficult language to learn and it took my brother 2 years of living in Germany to master and command the language. 2 month is not even enough to learn the complicated consonants, not to talk of the whole language!

Abeg, Park well joor.

Where in my post did I say I know German 100% perfectly? Even the Germans themselves have problems with it as to the confusion on the gender of some words. Whether you believe me or not its not my business, I have nothing to gain by lying on Nairaland.
Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by wman(m): 9:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
olupentane:

And you really think you've achieved more than those watching film, and that gave you the gut to call anybody stupid.
please always mind your own biz, and for those watching film "it's their life"

Yes boss that was just the first month out of four. I did other things with the other months. Yes I feel if you spend 4 months of your life watching movies alone you are stupi.d. I can pass opinion on whomsoever I want to do so, its my choice. Sure it's their life but still I can say whatever I want to say about it.

Since you are a 200 level student of statistics who might be affected by the strike, I can only guess what you've done with 4 months break.
Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by flange: 10:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
wman: Guten Nacht
Ich heibe wman
Ich spreche Deutsch, Anglish unt Yoruba
Ich wohne in Lagos
Ich bin ledig

Thank God I used the first month of the ASUU strike to learn German.
Unlike the stupid ones who sit at home watching movies, doing irrelevant things and blame ASUU for all their life woes.

Ja ganz gut.

Continue mehn dont stop try and download d deutsch keyboard so u can write d umlaut and esset well ...

Ich bin flange wo learnst du deutsch
Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by flange: 10:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
psalm68: [color=#990000][/color]

ja,das stimmt

Genau gefällt mir
Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 04, 2013
Where is Chinese on the list?
Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by wman(m): 3:47am On Nov 05, 2013
flange:

Ja ganz gut.

Continue mehn dont stop try and download d deutsch keyboard so u can write d umlaut and esset well ...

Ich bin flange wo learnst du deutsch

Danke man. I really appreciate you.
Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by Idrismusty97(m): 4:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
ogakpatakpata: l think l need to be in this forum to learn more foreign languages.
Although it is necessary to learn how to speak a foreign language, it also useful to learn how to write them properly.This website may be helpful to some of you.

http://imtranslator.net/translation/
Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 06, 2013
Idrismusty97: Although it is necessary to learn how to speak a foreign language, it also useful to learn how to write them properly.This website may be helpful to some of you.

http://imtranslator.net/translation/

Thanks for the info, enjoy your day.
Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by justi4jesu(f): 8:00am On Nov 06, 2013
Buberwa:

Poa!Habari gani?

Niko salama! Wewe je?
Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by henrimoto(m): 8:36am On Nov 06, 2013
Chinaimporter:

[size=17pt]then u must be an illiterate farm worker or illegal junkie in the uk since u tink philipines is a language.my friend filipinos speak tagalog.nicompool.learning a language u dont even know the namw[/size]
han-han! is that how to correct someone in a foreign language class ? (people, make una dey see o.) by the way, which of the foreign language do you understand and speak ? i hope its not those aggressive middle east languages....
Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by olupentane(m): 8:44am On Nov 06, 2013
wman:

Yes boss that was just the first month out of four. I did other things with the other months. Yes I feel if you spend 4 months of your life watching movies alone you are stupi.d. I can pass opinion on whomsoever I want to do so, its my choice. Sure it's their life but still I can say whatever I want to say about it.

Since you are a 200 level student of statistics who might be affected by the strike, I can only guess what you've done with 4 months break.

And I think you must be s.tupid to invest that much time you are using to blow your trumpet on NL instead of using it on whatever you claim you've been doing for the past 4 months.
Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by wman(m): 8:48am On Nov 06, 2013
olupentane:

And I think you must be s.tupid to invest that much time you are using to blow your trumpet on NL instead of using it on whatever you claim you've been doing for the past 4 months.

Read what you posted above and ask yourself if you make sense.
Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by henrimoto(m): 9:00am On Nov 06, 2013
chukxie:

Of course it is! Every language is learnable. Its learnability depends on the learner's interest to become learned in that language. If i could learn Mandarin (Chinese) by myself and speak it the way i do now, i believe anyone with half a brain can learn and speak it as well. Ni hao !
nwanna, esi okwu ki kwuru. the day i knew dat chinese language (i.e. mandarine. make person no shot me catapult) is learnable,was the day that i heard my friend whom we used to trek kilometers before, speak the language. i had to slap my face like 5 times, to be sure i am not in dreamland.. you dont frown to speak mandarine. it goes with the expression of the heart.
Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by AreaFada2: 4:54am On Nov 07, 2013
wman:

Where in my post did I say I know German 100% perfectly? Even the Germans themselves have problems with it as to the confusion on the gender of some words. Whether you believe me or not its not my business, I have nothing to gain by lying on Nairaland.

You're doing well.

I'd like to disagree with Frostyzone on German being difficult to learn. German is a Germanic language like English, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian etc. Your brother did well but it can be done faster. I did. Maybe as it wasn't my first foreign language, I had some advantage.

For somebody who learnt English from nursery or primary school, German is far easier to read and write than French. I found Italian grammar quite difficult, though the language sounds great.

In German, you basically pronounce what you see once you know the rules. Whereas French words have too many silent parts.

The difficult people face in German is mastering all the gender linked to nouns (feminine, masculine and neutre gender; BUT Italian, French, Spanish have 2 each) basically woman, man and baby.

German consonants can sound harsh but once you know how to pronounce W as V, V as F, S as Z, J as Y in English) you can build on it. German has only few "umlaut" , mostly "oe, ae, ue" equivalent that count. I have no German keyboard to write them properly.
Re: Foreign Languages That May Help You In Business by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 07, 2013
wman: Guten Nacht
Ich heibe wman
Ich spreche Deutsch, Anglish unt Yoruba
Ich wohne in Lagos
Ich bin ledig

Thank God I used the first month of the ASUU strike to learn German.
Unlike the stupid ones who sit at home watching movies, doing irrelevant things and blame ASUU for all their life woes.

Ja, Aber was ist Anglish Wir sagen es Englisch.

Übung macht den meister....................practise make perfect.

Good to see Nigerians learning deutsch

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Binance: Whistleblowers Cry Out Over Threat To Life, Seek Fg’s Protection / 1.2million Nigerians To Get Soft Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.