Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,729 members, 7,831,325 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Help I'm Suicidal. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help I'm Suicidal. (2200 Views)

Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! / Help: I'm Married But In Love With Another Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Kanwulia: 10:55pm On Nov 05, 2013
Kamsy10:

My dear be careful what you wish others.
Sometimes its better to keep quiet if you dont have anything better to say. You dont have to always comment on every thread.

You don't have to respond to EVERY POSTER on NL either! Practice what you PREACH!

Learn to WAKA pass me too! kiss
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Nobody: 1:14am On Nov 06, 2013
Kanwulia:

You don't have to respond to EVERY POSTER on NL either! Practice what you PREACH!

Learn to WAKA pass me too! kiss

sorry honey Your post is too insensitive on a very sensitive issue like this so I was forced to respond to you cos you were displaying a very high sense of irresponsibility without realizing it.

peace out
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 06, 2013
Kamsy10:

sorry honey Your post is too insensitive on a very sensitive issue like this so I was forced to respond to you cos you were displaying a very high sense of irresponsibility without realizing it.

peace out

Are you a learner? undecided
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Abali1(m): 6:35am On Nov 06, 2013
I thought this section is moderated. Is there no MOD any more?
Someone is calling out for help, and some very insensitive fuul is trying to add to his miseries.
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Coldfaya(m): 6:42am On Nov 06, 2013
Wtf is wrong with d mods? Where r u guys wen u r needed? This is a sensitive topic, come n clean up some shyte here. #som ppl tho!
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Coldfaya(m): 6:44am On Nov 06, 2013
Slim, u r loved my brother. Not telling u that outta pity but fact. U r a fighter n I know u ll bulldoze thru.
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 06, 2013
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by RoyalRoy(m): 8:15am On Nov 06, 2013
Abali1: I thought this section is moderated. Is there no MOD any more?
Someone is calling out for help, and some very insensitive fuul is trying to add to his miseries.

Please learn to use the report buttons to make our job easier.
The report button makes it faster and easier to attend to you.
Be the change you want.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Abali1(m): 9:18am On Nov 06, 2013
Royal Roy:

Please learn to use the report buttons to make our job easier.
The report button makes it faster and easier to attend to you.
Be the change you want.

Thanks
I actually did use the report button before making my last comment. Twice actually.

1 Like

Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Wallie(m): 6:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
Abali1:
I know you mean well, but Sickle Cell is not a disability. The OP is whole..... He has two hands and two legs just like you.
Thank you.

I know you mean well also but maybe you should look up the meaning of disability before trying to correct someone. Being disabled is not only about visible physical impairment but could also be emotional, sensory and mental. In his case, SS could be classified as a form of non-visible disability which includes chronic pain, diabetes, epilepsy, asthma, etc. Thank you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_disability

dis·abil·i·ty noun \ˌdis-ə-ˈbi-lə-tē\
: a condition (such as an illness or an injury) that damages or limits a person's physical or mental abilities

: the condition of being unable to do things in the normal way : the condition of being disabled

: a program that provides financial support to a disabled person
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Abali1(m): 7:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
Wallie:

I know you mean well also but maybe you should look up the meaning of disability before trying to correct someone. Being disabled is not only about visible physical impairment but could also be emotional, sensory and mental. In his case, SS could be classified as a form of non-visible disability which includes chronic pain, diabetes, epilepsy, asthma, etc. Thank you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invisible_disability

I am not here to argue with you. I am living with SS, and I do not in any way conform to your definition of 'Disability' , visible or non-visible. I equally believe that the OP and other Warriors do not conform to such definition.
That is why a SS is quick to tell you that he/she is not looking for your pity. We will prefer you judge us on our own merit. Please.
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by soulglo: 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
Abali1:
I am not here to argue with you. I am living with SS, and I do not in any way conform to your definition of 'Disability' , visible or non-visible. I equally believe that the OP and other Warriors do not conform to such definition.
That is why a SS is quick to tell you that he/she is not looking for your pity. We will prefer you judge us on our own merit. Please.

He is not insulting you. Someone with no arms and legs could accuse you of insulting them by the statement you made too. I just think you misunderstood him. No insult intended in what he wrote. In the US someone with severe SSD can apply for disability and qualify for benefits. Having a disability is not an insult. You see it as that. He/She does not
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by MaziOmenuko: 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
Phema:

Yes oooo, very important. grin

Very-very important!

Op; hang in there. I can write you a story if you wish so.
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Abali1(m): 6:46am On Nov 07, 2013
soul_glo:

He is not insulting you. Someone with no arms and legs could accuse you of insulting them by the statement you made too. I just think you misunderstood him. No insult intended in what he wrote. In the US someone with severe SSD can apply for disability and qualify for benefits. Having a disability is not an insult. You see it as that. He/She does not
Please just stop it. I am didn't see it as an insult. If you have been close to any Warrior you will understand the message I am trying to pass across.
Believe me the last thing the OP needs is pity party. In the States many people apply for all sorts of benefits, but I believe only a few Warriors will be applying for disability benefits.
You can check out Sickle Cell Warriors page on Facebook, it's US based group (Naija Sickle Cell Warriors got its name from there).
NB
Yeah I misunderstood him, but please lets mind our choice of words. The OP is still not in a right frame of mind for all this bickering on his thread.
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Abali1(m): 6:55am On Nov 07, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Very-very important!

Op; hang in there. I can write you a story if you wish so.
Mazi,
Thank you. I think it may actually do him some good, he needs something to uplift him (I know cos am in touch with him) and I think he also has interest in writing, so you might even mentore him.
NB
I am one of your ardent followers, but not this handle/ID.
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Wallie(m): 5:42pm On Nov 07, 2013
Abali1:
Please just stop it. I am didn't see it as an insult. If you have been close to any Warrior you will understand the message I am trying to pass across.
Believe me the last thing the OP needs is pity party. In the States many people apply for all sorts of benefits, but I believe only a few Warriors will be applying for disability benefits.
You can check out Sickle Cell Warriors page on Facebook, it's US based group (Naija Sickle Cell Warriors got its name from there).
NB
Yeah I misunderstood him, but please lets mind our choice of words. The OP is still not in a right frame of mind for all this bickering on his thread.

You need to refocus your energy, or is it anger? The message in my post is simple and has nothing to do with labels!

Let me spell it out for you – we all have difficulties or issues in our lives, albeit some more serious than others, but with the right frame of mind and/or support, we can overcome anything including chronic pain from SS, death of a loved one, cancer, organ failure, getting fired from work, having no source of income, breaking up with a life partner, serious debt burden, being born with certain defective characteristics, etc.

If you can check your emotions at the door, you will see that the underlying thread in all the issues and ailments I listed is pain and lack of hope to carry on. Having a positive attitude goes a long way in overcoming anything in front of us.

By the way, there’s nothing wrong in being different and it is left to us to determine how we let the difference affect us (emotionally or physically). Being labeled disabled or handicapped is not derogatory similar to saying someone is light or dark skinned; it is just a fact that relates to the person in question. In certain activities (like driving), the fact that I wear glasses makes me handicapped when performing the activity without my glasses.

Anyway, the initial post was meant for OP and not you. I’m done wasting my time responding to you; do what you want with what I've said thus far!
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Abali1(m): 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
Wallie:

You need to refocus your energy, or is it anger? The message in my post is simple and has nothing to do with labels!

Let me spell it out for you – we all have difficulties or issues in our lives, albeit some more serious than others, but with the right frame of mind and/or support, we can overcome anything including chronic pain from SS, death of a loved one, cancer, organ failure, getting fired from work, having no source of income, breaking up with a life partner, serious debt burden, being born with certain defective characteristics, etc.

If you can check your emotions at the door, you will see that the underlying thread in all the issues and ailments I listed is pain and lack of hope to carry on. Having a positive attitude goes a long way in overcoming anything in front of us.

By the way, there’s nothing wrong in being different and it is left to us to determine how we let the difference affect us (emotionally or physically). Being labeled disabled or handicapped is not derogatory similar to saying someone is light or dark skinned; it is just a fact that relates to the person in question. In certain activities (like driving), the fact that I wear glasses makes me handicapped when performing the activity without my glasses.

Anyway, the initial post was meant for OP and not you. I’m done wasting my time responding to you; do what you want with what I've said thus far!
CALM DOWN.
Take a deep breath and exhale.
NB
Thanks for the Sermon, Preacher.
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Slimcurtis1(m): 11:55am On Nov 10, 2013
Tanx all,i appreciate all your loves

3 Likes

Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Abali1(m): 3:58pm On Nov 10, 2013
Please MOD in charge should do the 'needful'.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Signs To Know Your Husband Loves You / When A Village Girl First Visit The City And She Was Asked To Cook By Force. / Woman Causes Traffic With Faulty Car,Husband Refuses To Help;See Why(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.