Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,016 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Help I'm Suicidal. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help I'm Suicidal. (2198 Views)

Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! / Help: I'm Married But In Love With Another Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help I'm Suicidal. by Slimcurtis1(m): 11:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
am 17yrs old boy..i hail from one of the eastern states and i've been kinda regular here.
Life ain't worth the pains,if you have ever felt the urge to die every second,minute of the day.then you feel me.i struggle emotionally,finacially,mentally and health wise.
Am ss, to live with such disorder from childhood is quiet painful.am in total pains all the time,if not hand then definitely must be leg..being in crisis makes it worst. I commend my mum,she lost her job last year buh still struggle to make sure am little fit,my parents divourced long time ago and dad think am a burden,so he doesn't care...
Definitely,life is void to be in constant pains..am about to lose my admission cause of fees,it doesn't even bother me.
All i want is to be painfree,and feel loved...help me plz
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by wasak(m): 11:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
don't worry you'll be fine.. I have a cousin who is Ss... we thought he wouldn't make it but today he's a graduate... graduated at age of 22 and currently undergoing masters.
you've almost won the battle, don't give up...u gonna overcome it definitely!
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by demelza: 11:45pm On Nov 04, 2013
Awww....
Sweetheart you have your whole life ahead of you. You are passing through a phase I am sure you can overcome.
Meanwhile you can peruse through this thread. [url]nairaland.com/1347408/feeling-suicidal-come-here-first[/url]
Dont despair. It is never as hard as it seems.
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 05, 2013
Hey dear, life isn't fair u know.
I took special interest on ur thread when I saw what u ve been battling everyday.
I must commend u and also commend ur wonderful mum.
I know why u r down, don't blame urself. Its not of ur own making. My female cous is ss too. Now she is a certified chatered accountant in one big accounting firm.
She used to be down like u.crises here and there, but with d kind of lv sorrounding her, she pulled tru.as she gets older, her crisis level also reduces.
Now u hv to stay strong bc of ur mum.
Hv u ever tot that she will forever blame herself if anything happen to u?
She has been there for u, u said so. Prove to her that all her effort is what it.
Be determined to live! Positive mindset reduces crisis.visualise d best part of life and c urself in it. I once saw a picture of limbless man with his baby and almost cried. If that man didn't give up , u shouldn't.
When I was in medical school, our best student was ss. He is always in and out of hospital. Today, he works in one of the best hospital in d country.
My female cous is currently engaged. Infact, one guy heard we were very close and traced me so I can help him beg her cos he wanna marry her! lol! and my cous is very selective! I no blame her sha.she deserve d best and she gat that.
I told u these so u can shake out d negativity from ur mind.
Life is full of shyte u know.
Too many examples.
U hv dis whole world to conquer and u hv our lv with that of ur family especially ur mum.
As per ur dad, forget him but why not prove him wrong by determining to be d best u can ever be? I tell u, shame will be his portion.

Pls live for us and ur mum cos we all lv u very much.

Now if there is anything that makes u happy when u engage in it,pls do more of that. Eg,singing, watching football, just anything. Make friends with positive minded and goal oriented pple. Don't ever let anybody pity u. Rebuke such as it comes ur way. Demand to be treated like others and just don't do anything that will trigger off ur crisis.
I know u r always on bcomplex. Don't stop pls. Any day u feel u r not fit for anything, just relax and don't bother urself.

How I wish I know u cos I want to come for any function u r going to organise in the next couple of yrs! And c ur proud mummy dancing and making inyanga cos her baby made her proud!
Maybe during ur marriage ceremony!
Most importantly, whenever this feeling comes, talk with ur maker, u hear?
I wish u d best.

7 Likes

Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by yerima11: 12:53am On Nov 05, 2013
God is with you
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by prof800(m): 5:31am On Nov 05, 2013
My dear, One thing you should know is that suicide should never be an option. Life is too short on it's own.
Do not listen to that voice that is putting funny ideas in your head.
Now.
1. Visit the thread:
www.nairaland.com/1347408/feeling-suicidal-come-here-first
2. Get a hobby. Something you are fascinated with. It could be numbers or shapes or lighting or camera or even writing. Spending more time with your talent will help trigger a purpose in you.
I wish you all the best in life and sound health all the way.
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Nobody: 6:06am On Nov 05, 2013
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Abali1(m): 6:35am On Nov 05, 2013
Slim curtis:
am 17yrs old boy.
.Am ss,
.All i want is to be painfree,and feel loved...help me plz
Slim Curtis, to be sincere I am only interested in these three things, especially your age.
You are 17years old, that means you have fought a battle only few can understand. Congratulations my brother. You are a Warrior. A survivor.
Why will you want to give up now? Because you are on the verge of loosing your admission? Becausee mum, lost her job? I know that it's definitely not the pains, because you have been fighting for 17 good years. If it were the pains alone, you would have given up.
Pain Free Life
Immediately I saw Madam CC's post, I logged in with my Original handle Abali1 and opened this thread.
My man Slim, why not read those thread on Sickle Cell. I told those stories for my warriors brothers and sisters. Slim, did you know that I lost my dad I was 17years old, in SS3 few months to my WAEC & JAMB. How did I survive the lost?
Brother, the pain you must be experiencing is not just that of the physical pain caused by SS. But even at that, you can reach out to us NL Warriors. We even have a FB page..... Naija Sickle Cell Warriors created by your name sake Deco Slim.
Curtis, why not write me a mail at abiaaba4@gmail.com, I can't drop my phone number here but I will get back to you once I read your mail.
Let's I forget, I am Igbo as well.
Cheer Up, you are not alone.

2 Likes

Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 05, 2013
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Abali1(m): 6:47am On Nov 05, 2013
chaircover: @abali thank you very much & may God bless you. I was just about to send you a PM asking you to help me encourage this young lad
Thank you.
I normally don't use this handle to comment most times on NL, you should understand that NL has become something else. But I am following on my other handle, and anytime you post I see it.
NB
How have you been? Keep up the good work Ma, Heaven will surely Bless your efforts. Amen.
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by armyofone(m): 6:48am On Nov 05, 2013
Curtis, you are loved kiss. Please listen to what everyone is saying here.
I hope you speak with Abali soon.
Cheer up and weather the storms of life. Tough time never last but tough people do.
You are not alone okay.
We love you, smile.
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 05, 2013
Thanks to all that has been encouraging this young lad.
Was very worried when I saw his post.

Abali, nothing do u. U can still put ur phone number and delete it later.

Waoh!, I'm so happy now cos initially, I tot pple like this r not here.

Curtis, can u c u hv a big family. It will get better ok.
Tell mummy it will get better. Maybe, u r her first son, shield her. Don't u worry,
Its a wilderness and I bet u, u will pass tru it stronger.

How can we contact u?
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Abali1(m): 7:11am On Nov 05, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
Thanks to all that has been encouraging this young lad.
Was very worried when I saw his post.

Abali, nothing do u. U can still put ur phone number and delete it later.

Waoh!, I'm so happy now cos initially, I tot pple like this r not here.

Curtis, can u c u hv a big family. It will get better ok.
Tell mummy it will get better. Maybe, u r her first son, shield her. Don't u worry,
Its a wilderness and I bet u, u will pass tru it stronger.

How can we contact u?
Once he sends a mail to me, I will definitely give him my number.
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by pickabeau1: 7:27am On Nov 05, 2013
abali1... long time.. I trust you can help this guy..

Your passion on SS issues is inspiring...

keep it up!
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Abali1(m): 7:53am On Nov 05, 2013
pickabeau1: abali1... long time.. I trust you can help this guy..

Your passion on SS issues is inspiring...

keep it up!
Many I suffer in silence for fear of discrimination, arousing undue pity, anger (yes, anger. Some are angry with you for always complaining).....
I am here to let people know that my voice cannot be subdued. That I have a right to air my views just as anyone else. That being a Warrior is not a death sentence, rather it is a condition and a condition that was not my fault. So why should I shut up and die in silence.
As a human being I have hope and aspirations, I have challenges, I set goals and targets and try to achieve them.
Sickle Cell is just a name of a condition, it does not define who I am. It does not stop me from reaching my goals, rather it challenges me to attain those goals.
Yes, I am here to let my kind, especially people like this young man to know that there are those who have passed through this stage and come out stronger.

4 Likes

Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 05, 2013
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by pickabeau1: 9:25am On Nov 05, 2013
Endorsed!!

chaircover:

You keep up the good work smiley
thank you for encouraging this young lad. You have been through what he is being through so you know how he feels. God bless you.
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Slimcurtis1(m): 9:29am On Nov 05, 2013
wow! I tank u guys for your earnest contributions,i quite appreciate. @abiaa,i guess u were d 1 dat called me? U seem to get me better,cause that's were all the problems are centred.everyone,including my family think is all about the physical pains,to me,left with that i can deal with it.
The emotional pains,the depressions.the unknown fears,the mood swing,the pressure.all triggers the suicide thought.
Infact,depression feels rather more like a possesstion at certain times,almost demonic in nature.
'it hurts and it's hard..the struggle is just greater than me,each day it comes in different flavours.
I used to be one sweet boy while growing,despites d physical pangs,i was normal.it all started last year when i lost my elder sister,she was ss too,and was my best friend,she literally takes it upon herself to care for me and understand me quite well..unfortunately she die during child birth,she was just 25.just few months after her wedding.
Her death turned my life upside down,that sometimes life ain't the pains.
I just want to develop thick skin,a rhinoceros skin.i want to live.at least 4 my mum,cause she will die instantly if i die..MY MORALES FAILS ME,IT DOES AND IT SUCKS.
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Abali1(m): 9:47am On Nov 05, 2013
Slim curtis: it all started last year when i lost my elder sister,she was ss too,and was my best friend,she literally takes it upon herself to care for me and understand me quite well..unfortunately she die during child birth,she was just 25.just few months after her wedding.
Her death turned my life upside down,that sometimes life ain't the pains.
I just want to develop thick skin,a rhinoceros skin.
Yes, I was the one that called. Believe me, you are stronger than anything Life throws at you.
I am sorry about your sister, but she will want you to stay strong, at least for your mum.
If you develope a positive attitude towards life, then you will definitely grow a thick skin.
Be free to reach out to me anytime you want to talk, no matter the time of the day. We can gist about anything, you want to talk about. From, academics, to babes, to money, business, religion anything at all. And don't forget to join us on FB, so that we can chat often.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 05, 2013
Abali1:
Yes, I was the one that called. Believe me, you are stronger than anything Life throws at you.
I am sorry about your sister, but she will want you to stay strong, at least for your mum.
If you develope a positive attitude towards life, then you will definitely grow a thick skin.
Be free to reach out to me anytime you want to talk, no matter the time of the day. We can gist about anything, you want to talk about. From, academics, to babes, to money, business, religion anything at all. And don't forget to join us on FB, so that we can chat often.
Cheers.

That one, I like wink
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Abali1(m): 10:13am On Nov 05, 2013
Phema:

That one, I like wink
That one follow join naw.....
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 05, 2013
Abali1:
That one follow join naw.....

Yes oooo, very important. grin
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by sokoanugwa: 10:57am On Nov 05, 2013
@OP, i feel your pain and know that there is a God that can turn your SS to AA. Just trust Him and just like everyone has said, see the future ahead of you. Its bigger than the crises you are facing right now. God healed you totally and make you whole in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Slimcurtis1(m): 2:17pm On Nov 05, 2013
Abali1:
Cheers.

the fb link plz
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Abali1(m): 4:01pm On Nov 05, 2013
Slim curtis:

the fb link plz
Search for Naija Sickle Cell Warriors on Facebook, and like the page.
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by soulglo: 8:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
Curtis how can you say you need love when we all sending all the love we can your way. Hang in there my dear. One day at a time. That's how we all do it. ONE DAY AT A TIME. Please make sure you contact Abali. God is your strength.
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Wallie(m): 9:37pm On Nov 05, 2013
Slim curtis: am 17yrs old boy..i hail from one of the eastern states and i've been kinda regular here.
Life ain't worth the pains,if you have ever felt the urge to die every second,minute of the day.then you feel me.i struggle emotionally,finacially,mentally and health wise.
Am ss, to live with such disorder from childhood is quiet painful.am in total pains all the time,if not hand then definitely must be leg..being in crisis makes it worst. I commend my mum,she lost her job last year buh still struggle to make sure am little fit,my parents divourced long time ago and dad think am a burden,so he doesn't care...
Definitely,life is void to be in constant pains..am about to lose my admission cause of fees,it doesn't even bother me.
All i want is to be painfree,and feel loved...help me plz

Hey Curtis,

How's it going? I'm not going to pretend like I understand what you’re going through because I don’t but what's certain is that you can choose how you deal with your situation. There are a lot of people that go through their daily lives in pain or overcome insurmountable odds just to do what feels ordinary to most. Giving up is the difference between people with disabilities that inspire us and those we don’t know about.

At 17, you have your whole life ahead of you, albeit in more pain than most people experience on average. Here are some people that overcame what seemed insurmountable at some point:

A guy with no arms that drives and works as an engineer
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/23/inspiring-story-of-how-an-engineer-with-no-arms-designs-nascar-vehicles/

Woman with no arms shows how she bath, dress, up on makeup and drive
http://focusghana.com/woman-with-no-arms-shows-how-she-bath-dress-up-on-makeup-and-drive/

Stephen William Hawking theoretical physicist, cosmologist, author and Director of Research at the Centre for Theoretical Cosmology within the University of Cambridge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hawking

A video game player
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57604641-1/disabled-gamer-the-inspirational-story-of-keith-aieron-knight/

Wrestler with no arms and legs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmicID3JwsE
https://www.google.com/search?q=wrestler+with+no+arms+and+legs&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=rFV5UtfeGO_lsAS0z4GwBg&sqi=2&ved=0CD8QsAQ&biw=1163&bih=810
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 05, 2013
Gosh this is so touching. I don't even no what to say.sorry slim,you will be fine cry
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Abali1(m): 9:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
Wallie:

Hey Curtis,

How's it going? I'm not going to pretend like I understand what you’re going through because I don’t but what's certain is that you can choose how you deal with your situation. There are a lot of people that go through their daily lives in pain or overcome insurmountable odds just to do what feels ordinary to most. Giving up is the difference between people with disabilities that inspire us and those we don’t know about.

At 17, you have your whole life ahead of you, albeit in more pain than most people experience on average. Here are some people that overcame what seemed insurmountable at some point:

I know you mean well, but Sickle Cell is not a disability. The OP is whole..... He has two hands and two legs just like you.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 05, 2013
[quote author=Kanwulia kiss[/quote]

My dear be careful what you wish others.
Sometimes its better to keep quiet if you dont have anything better to say. You dont have to always comment on every thread

@op one thing I've learned from experience is that such fears usually come when you're at the edge of a breakthrough.
You've fought long enough to give up now. Be encouraged
Re: Help I'm Suicidal. by jumzzy448: 10:53pm On Nov 05, 2013
@op, pls don't give up. God Almighty is your strength. Pls think of your mother and the love she has for you. Be strong and stay stong.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re-why Are Most "Friends" Unhappy When They Hear You Are Making Progress... / Can't Confide In Husband / Do I Marry Them Both Or Choose One?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.