Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,126 members, 7,818,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? (3277 Views)

If God Knew Satan, Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? / If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? / If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 12:56pm On Nov 26, 2013
JMAN05:

Give me a place where the bible authorise divorce for unbelievers without fornication

pls dont show me separation cos they are different greek words.

explain Matt. 19:9 using that last translation i used above.

I Cor. 7: 15
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Demainman1: 3:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
vickyO: Paul also said marriage between believers shouldn't lead to divorce and if it does, the two partners must remain unmarried. two shall become one, what God has joined let no one put asunder. Jesus said the above, why can't you accept it?

I remember someone on another thread said that some of this things Paul wrote are not of God but his personal opinion and should not be taken too seriously. Are you sure this is not one of them?
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Demainman1: 4:03pm On Nov 26, 2013
vickyO: JMAN05, fornication is having sex before the real marriage ceremony takes place. read the story of Joseph and Mary. they were betrothed and ready to get married when Mary got pregnant, Joseph assumed she cheated and so decided to divorce her before the wedding but God intervened. That's the only ground one can stand on to divorce but when the rites have been thrown, blessings given, and the two couples joined in holy matrimony, you cannot divorce. it's TILL DEATH DO US PART.

In other words if one marries who you belief is a virgin and then find out after marriage that he/she is not a virgin then you are free to divorce him/him and remarry? Is this what Jesus was saying?
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Demainman1: 4:09pm On Nov 26, 2013
I Cor. 7: 15 say you can divorce so the title of this thread is not correct
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2013
Demain_man: I Cor. 7: 15 say you can divorce so the title of this thread is not correct
Correct it if you can.
Demain_man:

In other words if one marries who you belief is a virgin and then find out after marriage that he/she is not a virgin then you are free to divorce him/him and remarry? Is this what Jesus was saying?
Read that post of mine properly again. It seems you don't understand it.
Demain_man:

I remember someone on another thread said that some of this things Paul wrote are not of God but his personal opinion and should not be taken too seriously. Are you sure this is not one of them?

Jesus spoke about it, and he said it was a command from God. Read it Yourself. I Cor. 7
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Demainman1: 6:06pm On Nov 27, 2013
If 1 Cor. 7: 15 says you can divorce, why is it a sin then?
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 6:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
Demain_man: If 1 Cor. 7: 15 says you can divorce, why is it a sin then?
Because it's not God's ideal plan for us. Only exception is when unbelievers are married to believers
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Demainman1: 6:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
vickyO:
Because it's not God's ideal plan for us. Only exception is when unbelievers are married to believers

Which means anytime i divorce i can use that excuse and say she is not a believer which will thus allow me to remarry since that is the exceptional case wink

For example, If one divorce his/her spouse on the ground of infidelity he/she can say i divorced him/her because of unbelieve since if they are believer there will be no infidelity. so see what i mean?
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 6:30pm On Nov 27, 2013
Demain_man:

Which means anytime i divorce i can use that excuse and say she is not a believer which will thus allow me to remarry since that is the exceptional case wink

For example, If one divorce his/her spouse on the ground of infidelity he/she can say i divorced him/her because of unbelieve since if they are believer there will be no infidelity. so see what i mean?
You can twist it as you like. Just make sure you read I Cor. 7
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Demainman1: 6:38pm On Nov 27, 2013
vickyO:
You can twist it as you like. Just make sure you read I Cor. 7

15 But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances

If my wive/husband, an unbeliever leaves me (divorce), I am free to remarry since i am not bound in such circumstances
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 6:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
Demain_man:

15 But if the unbeliever leaves, let it be so. The brother or the sister is not bound in such circumstances

If my wive/husband an unbeliever leaves me (divorce), I am free to remarry since i am not bound in such circumstances
Is there my problem with that?
And thank God you know you are not to divorce her.
Christians are not to divorce but the unbelieving partner can if he/she feels like.
Which makes divorcing a sin for Christian.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Demainman1: 6:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
vickyO:
Christians are not to divorce but the unbelieving partner can if he/she feels like.

One party can file for divorce it does not matter whether it is the christian or the unbeliever. Once the divorce is granted both of them are addressed as divorcee.

It does not matter if the Christian initiated it or not. You see what i mean?
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 6:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
Demain_man:

One party can file for divorce it does not matter whether it is the christian or the unbeliever. Once the divorce is granted both of them are addressed as divorcee.

It does not matter if the Christian initiated it or not. You see what i mean?
Read that scripture again... You're twisting it again.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Demainman1: 6:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
vickyO:

I give up then.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 6:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
Demain_man:

I give up then.
Ok then... Why have you been chasing me all around NL lately?
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Demainman1: 6:58pm On Nov 27, 2013
vickyO:
Ok then... Why have you been chasing me all around NL lately?

I just like your brand that's all. And we seems to always pick interest in the same topics. Nothing personal i swear!
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 7:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
Demain_man:

I just like your brand that's all. And we seems to always pick interest in the same topics. Nothing personal i swear!
Ok na...
It's no too good to swear. wink
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Demainman1: 7:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
vickyO:
Ok na...
It's no too good to swear. wink

Sure. thanks

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by truthislight: 9:47pm On Nov 27, 2013
vickyO:
Nope, you're twisting it. Believers are not to divorce but are free to separate. but if a believer marries an unbeliever, they can divorce if the unbeliever choose to go.

The law of Yahweh is perfect to those that keep them.

The bible says that Adulterers will not inherit the kingdom of God. (very seriouse thing).

If we go by your reasoning, it then means that a christian gets into marriage and one of the partner becomes promiscuous and sleeps around with different persons and the innocent partner is aware and cannot divorce because of your understanding, and the unfaithful partner picks up HIV and gives to the innocent mate, who is to be blamed ?

By your reasoning, God ofcouse!

Is God not the originator of marriage ?

But the "laws of God are perfect, making the inexperince ones wise" and gives protection.

Were then is the protection ?

Will you people drop human logic ?

Someone that God has rejected from his kingdom (unless he changes) is the same person you think God said a faithful christian should remain in bondage and prison with on the basis of misapplied scriptures ?

You have to say that what Jesus said is in reference to unmarried people, are you drunk ?

I just hate the stupidity of people that over steped the scriptures.

They imagined they are wise but have turned foolish.

You dont even know that that law protects and encourages chasetity in marriage and creat value in it and appreciation, if you love your partner and dont want to lose her, you will not take chances with her love, but remained faithful to her and not take liberty that she cant leave.

Smh, the fear of God is the bigining of wisedom, no wonder people that are married are playboy around town, because they know that their "christian" wife 'cant' go.

Good for you people.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 10:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
truthislight:

The law of Yahweh is perfect to those that keep them.

The bible says that Adulterers will not inherit the kingdom of God. (very seriouse thing).

If we go by your reasoning, it then means that a christian gets into marriage and one of the partner becomes promiscuous and sleeps around with different persons and the innocent partner is aware and cannot divorce because of your understanding, and the unfaithful partner picks up HIV and gives to the innocent mate, who is to be blamed ?

By your reasoning, God ofcouse!

Is God not the originator of marriage ?

But the "laws of God are perfect, making the inexperince ones wise" and gives protection.

Were then is the protection ?

Will you people drop human logic ?

Someone that God has rejected from his kingdom (unless he changes) is the same person you think God said a faithful christian should remain in bondage and prison with on the basis of misapplied scriptures ?

You have to say that what Jesus said is in reference to unmarried people, are you drunk ?

I just hate the stupidity of people that over steped the scriptures.

They imagined they are wise but have turned foolish.

You dont even know that that law protects and encourages chasetity in marriage and creat value in it and appreciation, if you love your partner and dont want to lose her, you will not take chances with her love, but remained faithful to her and not take liberty that she cant leave.

Smh, the fear of God is the bigining of wisedom, no wonder people that are married are playboy around town, because they know that their "christian" wife 'cant' go.

Good for you people.
Did you read my explanation on the bolded? It's wrong, no two ways about it. That's we all should pray before getting hitched.
And, I am not drunk,,,
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by truthislight: 10:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
vickyO:
Did you read my explanation on the bolded? It's wrong, no two ways about it. That's we all should pray before getting hitched.
And, I am not drunk,,,

Oh sharrap !
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Demainman1: 11:08pm On Nov 27, 2013
truthislight:

Oh sharrap !

This man why are so harsh in all your discussions here? Your understanding is simply what it is, just your understanding.

If one does not know and you think you do, please show them, not with insults but with humility. My two cents. Thank you.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 11:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
Demain_man:

This man why are so harsh in all your discussions here? Your understanding is simply what it is, just your understanding.

If one does not know and you think you do, please show them, not with insults but with humility. My two cents. Thank you.
truthislight:

Oh sharrap !
well said
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Nobody: 1:36am On Nov 28, 2013
vickyO:
I Cor. 7: 15

this was not an authorization, at least no condition is stated here. it is left to the dscision of the unbeliever. Paul was not given a go ahead order for unbelievers to divorse against scriptural ground. But as an unbeliever, he may chose to depart/separate, the believer should let him go. this doesnt necessarily mean that the unbeliever will look for dicorce.

In short the bible would not tell an unbeliever when or when not to divorse cos he is not a believer. He will always do his wish.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Nobody: 1:45am On Nov 28, 2013
vickyO:

If your unbelieving mate divorces you, are you not a divorcee? will you then remain unmarried? ur answer.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Nobody: 1:48am On Nov 28, 2013
vickyO:

No check very well, you seem to be the one who isnt reasoning well here. he made a nice point.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Boomark(m): 2:22am On Nov 28, 2013
May be 1Cor 5 contains the conditions our dear vickyO has not given us in connection with 1Cor 7 and compared with Matthew 19:9.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 1:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
Boomark: May be 1Cor 5 contains the conditions our dear vickyO has not given us in connection with 1Cor 7 and compared with Matthew 19:9.
Thanks for the insight. I just read it and it shed more light.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 1:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
JMAN05:

If your unbelieving mate divorces you, are you not a divorcee? will you then remain unmarried? ur answer.
The answer lies in 1 Cor. 7
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Demainman1: 2:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
Matthew 19:9 "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexu-al immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

CONCLUSION: A christian can divorce and remarry on the ground of sexu-al immorality
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by vickyO(f): 2:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
Demain_man: Matthew 19:9 "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexu-al immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery."

CONCLUSION: A christian can divorce and remarry on the ground of sexu-al immorality
I don't agree with that.
Re: Marrying A Divorcee And Divorce Is A Sin. Why Are The Jw's Encouraging It? by Demainman1: 2:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
vickyO:
I don't agree with that.

You don't have to agree but that is what the bible said.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abu Dhabi Sheikhs Award Land Indians For Hindu Temple / Asigidi Secret Cult / The Truth of God (video) Pastor Gino Jennings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.