Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? (3602 Views)

If God Knew Satan, Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? / If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? / Did God Know That Adam And Eve Would Sin Before Creating Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:03am On Oct 08, 2014
If God knew that Adam and Eve would sin, why did He create them? I mean, why didn't God prevent Adam and Eve from sinning? undecided

- http://www.gotquestions.org/if-God-knew-Adam-Eve-sin.html
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Feedmemore(f): 10:08am On Oct 08, 2014
Very Good question, i have been pondering same since I knew my right from left.

Waiting for our fellow brethren to answer this.
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by derrick333(m): 10:08am On Oct 08, 2014
Y nt ask him directly durin sermon

2 Likes

Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Jakeattah(m): 10:16am On Oct 08, 2014
Its the same reason God dosnt force us all to worship Him. He gave us the gift of choice, to be free and choose for ourselves what we want, we wouldve been slaves or robotic beings.

BUT ALSO- I believe there are a lot of questions that are not healthy spiritually. This included.
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by bossminded: 10:21am On Oct 08, 2014
Ok now let's get this real quick...now what is the difference between man and angels "freewill" God gave man free will.... never, I repeat never did God predestined the actions of man, what God predestined is the is the consequence and reward principle of each action..... this is what I mean, what you do (or say) determines what God would do next... if u look at ur bible very well u wuld see a number of cases, where God was out to destroy a nation or a prsn and wen dy repent of their sins God changes his mind

Now about Adam and eve... God gave Adam and Eve free will and... in d bible God says I av placed b4 u good and evil, but choose good ryt??.... now God didn't predestined them to sin, but he predestined the consequences of their actions

3 Likes

Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 08, 2014
Jakeattah:
Its the same reason God dosnt force us all to worship Him. He gave us the gift of choice, to be free and choose for ourselves what we want, we wouldve been slaves or robotic beings.

BUT ALSO- I believe there are a lot of questions that are not healthy spiritually. This included.

I couldn't agree more.
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 08, 2014
Question for the gods.

When I was much younger, I was warned never to ask such questions (or even think about them), otherwise I could run mad. Questions like the one you're asking @OP, and particularly this: Who created God?

Decades later, I am still afraid of running mad, so. . . . .Lol.

1 Like

Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by jonescyras(m): 10:37am On Oct 08, 2014
It seems more confusing in climax.... I'm a philosophy and religious studies student and pls dont quote me as an athiest. I'm a believer that goes to church and believes in His sacredness.... Philosophy has taught me to question.. I keep wondering
1. If God had had the onset knowledge of what man will turn out to be, why did he made us?. Better still, he is the most powerful why cant he manoever us to what He wants.
2. Is there any thing like predestination atall?. For me, i believe in action and reaction...
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by datguru: 10:41am On Oct 08, 2014
Question for the gods
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 08, 2014
Feedmemore:
Very Good question, i have been pondering same since I knew my right from left.

Waiting for our fellow brethren to answer this.
chai...nne, i di tight!

1 Like

Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2014
The problem with Man in his reflection on the question of GOD is that we often in our limited mindset "Humanize" him.. make him prone to errors of human nature and in the same breath we proclaim him perfect and his errors wisdom we cannot fathom
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Hiswordxray(m): 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2014
Rev 4:11 " Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power:for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." Eph 2:10 "For we are God's masterpiece. He created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." 2Tim 1:9 "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world". Titus 1:2 "In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began".1Pet 20 "He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you". From the verses above we could see that Jesus death and eternal life had been planed and promised before the world began and there are many more verses that mentioned these things. Right from the foundation of the world God had planed to create the new creatures (2Cor 5:17) through Jesus. Eph 1:4 says " He chose us in Him (Christ) before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him In love". If Adam didn't sin Jesus won't come and if Jesus didn't come the new creatures will never exist. The new creatures is God original plan, Adam and every other thing that happen in-between was a process. It pleases God to create the new creatures and no one could question him.

2 Likes

Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Weah96: 1:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
Jakeattah:

Nonsense. We are being forced to worship God under the penalty of DEATH. ETERNAL death, that is.

You just don't think it's force because the God is imaginary.
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Jakeattah(m): 2:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
Weah96:

Nonsense. We are being forced to worship God under the penalty of DEATH. ETERNAL death, that is.

You just don't think it's force because the God is imaginary.

Lol, your funny.
If God wanted to force you to worship Him, you think he couldn't?

Hell is for people who choose to follow Satan. Satan left heaven cos of the sin he brought. Now understand that God is a... Permit me to use sinless or pure being. He won't allow impurity or sin where he is. That is why he allowed angels that believed in satan to follow him.
Now we have a choice to follow sin and end with satan or obey the bible and end with God. He even made it easier by sending his Son and also forgiving us no matter what we have done.

So brother please what is force here? Becareful what you say

Don't just diss a post on NL... Think first

1 Like

Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Weah96: 2:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
Jakeattah:

Lol, your funny.

Hell is for people who choose to follow Satan. Satan left heaven cos of the sin he brought. Now understand that God is a... Permit me to use sinless or pure being. He won't allow impurity or sin where he is. That is why he allowed angels that believed in satan to follow him.
Now we have a choice to follow sin and end with satan or obey the bible and end with God. He even made it easier by sending his Son and also forgiving us no matter what we have done.

Nonsense. No sane person chooses death over dressing up and entering a building on Sundays.

Provide me with the faintest of evidence that hell or Yahweh is real, and watch me speak in tongues myself.

Like I said, it only LOOKS like a CHOICE to you because the God is imaginary and non-existent.

If Santa offered you a choice in a BOOK, between running around naked in your neighborhood or having all your family members executed, would you consider that a choice or an ORDER?
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Jakeattah(m): 3:00pm On Oct 08, 2014
Weah96:

Nonsense. No sane person chooses death over dressing up and entering a building on Sundays.

Provide me with the faintest of evidence that hell or Yahweh is real, and watch me speak in tongues myself.

Like I said, it only LOOKS like a CHOICE to you because the God is imaginary and non-existent.

If Santa offered you a choice in a BOOK, between running around naked in your neighborhood or having all your family members executed, would you consider that a choice or an ORDER?

I don't really get your arguement. Especially the santa illustration.

I really don't understand what your problem is with God, but as a fellow NLer, its not good to blasphem, if you don't believe in God, its okay. But to be safe, don't say bad things about Him
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by kokomailler(m): 3:28pm On Oct 08, 2014
this question is not suppose to be ask here at all.. Its better for the OP to go to heaven and challenge his creator........
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 08, 2014
You know what this's not the time to question what has happened. But the time to walk in righteousness and holiness.
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Weah96: 12:31am On Oct 09, 2014
Rjasan:
You know what this's not the time to question what has happened. But the time to walk in righteousness and holiness.

Like sheep following a shepherd, heh?

Do you know what the shepherd does with the sheep?

Hint: mutton and blankets.
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Weah96: 12:34am On Oct 09, 2014
Jakeattah:

I don't really get your arguement. Especially the santa illustration.

I really don't understand what your problem is with God, but as a fellow NLer, its not good to blasphem, if you don't believe in God, its okay. But to be safe, don't say bad things about Him

There is no God. My problem is with the human beings who claim that there is one.

If God existed, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

1 Like

Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by BossTtdiamonds(m): 12:42am On Oct 09, 2014
Weah96:

Like sheep following a shepherd, heh?

Do you know what the shepherd does with the sheep?

Hint: mutton and blankets.
Nope.. Wrong.. Not like a sheep following a shepherd..
Like a computer following an instruction set code....

Hope you get the logic...??
Your choice of analogy is where you get deluded..
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by BossTtdiamonds(m): 12:43am On Oct 09, 2014
Weah96:

There is no God. My problem is with the human beings who claim that there is one.

If God existed, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

And what is your proof that there is no God?
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Weah96: 1:26am On Oct 09, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

And what is your proof that there is no God?

Define your version of God and I will prove that it doesn't exist.

Are you a follower of Jesus or Allah?
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by BossTtdiamonds(m): 1:38am On Oct 09, 2014
Weah96:

Define your version of God and I will prove that it doesn't exist.

Are you a follower of Jesus or Allah?

My Definition of God; God is God, Uncaused and Everlasting..

Who is Allah? cool cool grin grin tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue cool cool
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Weah96: 5:42am On Oct 09, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

My Definition of God; God is God, Uncaused and Everlasting..

This is good to know, but Allah is also everlasting and was never generated by anyone.

Why are you not praying to him 5x a day as required?

Do you not believe that Allah is real?
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:57am On Oct 09, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

If God knew that Adam and Eve would sin, why did He create them? I mean, why didn't God prevent Adam and Eve from sinning? undecided

Question: "If God knew that Adam and Eve would sin, why did He create them?"

Answer: The Bible says that God created all things—including us—for Himself. He is glorified in His creation. "From him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen" (Romans 11:36).

It may be hard to see how Adam and Eve's falling into sin could bring glory to God. In fact, some might even wonder why, if God knew ahead of time all the trouble they would cause, He made them in the first place.

God is omniscient (Psalm 139:1–6), and He knows the future (Isaiah 46:10). So He definitely knew that Adam and Eve would sin. But He created them anyway and gave them a free will with which they chose to sin.

We must carefully note that Adam and Eve's falling into sin does not mean that God is the author of sin or that He tempted them to sin (James 1:13). But the fall does serve the purpose of God's overall plan for creation and mankind.

If we consider what some theologians call the "meta-narrative" (or overarching storyline) of Scripture, we see that biblical history can be roughly divided into three main sections:

1) paradise (Genesis 1—2);

2) paradise lost (Genesis 3—Revelation 20); and

3) paradise regained (Revelation 21—22).

By far the largest part of the narrative is devoted to the transition from paradise lost to paradise regained. At the centre of this meta-narrative is the cross, which was planned from the very beginning (Acts 2:23). "The Lamb . . . was slain from the creation of the world" (Revelation 13:8.)

Reading Scripture carefully, we are led to the following conclusions:

1. The fall of mankind was foreknown by God.

2. The crucifixion of Christ, the atonement for God’s elect, was foreordained by God.

3. All people will one day glorify God (Psalm 86:9), and God purposes "to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ" (Ephesians 1:10).

God’s purpose was to create a world in which His glory could be manifest in all its fullness. The glory of God is the overarching goal of creation. In fact, it is the overarching goal of everything He does. The universe was created to display God’s glory (Psalm 19:1), and the wrath of God is revealed against those who fail to glorify God (Romans 1:23). The world that best displays the glory of God is the world we have—a world that was allowed to fall, a world that was redeemed, a world that will be restored to its original perfection.

God’s wrath and God’s mercy display the riches of His glory, but we cannot see either without the fall of mankind. We would never know grace if we had never needed grace. Therefore, all of God’s plan—including the fall, election, redemption, and atonement of mankind—serves the purpose of glorifying God. When man fell into sin, God’s mercy was immediately displayed in God’s not killing him on the spot. God’s grace was immediately evident in the covering He provided for their shame (Genesis 3:21). God’s patience and forbearance were later on display as mankind fell deeper and deeper into sin. God’s justice and wrath were on display when He sent the flood, and God’s mercy and grace were again demonstrated when He saved Noah and his family. God’s holy wrath and perfect justice will be seen in the future when He deals with Satan once and for all (Revelation 20:7–10).

God’s glory is also revealed in His love (1 John 4:16). Our knowledge of God’s love comes from the Person and saving work of Jesus Christ in this fallen world. "This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him" (1 John 4:9). Had God decided not to create Adam and Eve, based on His knowledge of their fall—or had He made them automatons with no volition—we would never have truly known what love is.

The ultimate exhibition of God’s glory was at the cross where His wrath, justice, and mercy met. The righteous judgment of all sin was executed at the cross, and God’s grace was on display in His Son’s words, "Father, forgive them" (Luke 23:34). God’s love and grace are manifest in those whom He has saved (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8–9). In the end, God will be glorified as His chosen people worship Him for all eternity with the angels, and the wicked will also glorify God as His righteousness results in the eternal punishment of unrepentant sinners (Philippians 2:11). Without the fall of Adam and Eve, we would never know God’s justice, grace, mercy, or love.

Some raise the objection that God’s foreknowledge and foreordination of the fall damages man’s freedom. In other words, if God created mankind with full knowledge of the impending fall into sin, how can man be responsible for his sin? The best answer to that question can be found in the Westminster Confession of Faith:

"God, from all eternity, did, by the most wise and holy counsel of his own will, freely, and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass; yet so, as thereby neither is God the author of sin, nor is violence offered to the will of the creatures; nor is the liberty or contingency of second causes taken away, but rather established" (WFC, III.1)

In other words, God ordains future events in such a way that our freedom and the working of secondary causes (e.g., laws of nature) are preserved. Theologians call this "concurrence." God’s sovereign will flows concurrently with our free choices in such a way that our free choices always result in the carrying out of God’s will (by "free" we mean that our choices are not coerced by outside influences). It’s a complex interaction of wills and choices, but the Creator God can handle any amount of complexity.

God foresaw Adam and Eve’s fall. He created them anyway, in His own image, to bring glory to Himself. They were given freedom to make choices. Even though they chose to disobey, their choice became the means by which God’s ultimate will was carried out and by which His full glory will be seen.

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/if-God-knew-Adam-Eve-sin.html#ixzz3FdiU9b4W
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 09, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

because he had a plan B
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by MrPresident1: 11:29am On Oct 09, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

[b]The story of Adam and Eve is a symbolically rendered story. Their was no actual literal eating of any fruit, the story is rendered allegorically. What happened is a crass descent into idolatry, immorality, wickedness and depravity.

Adam and Eve, are not singular persons, but a multitude of people to whom God first revealed His eternal Laws. They were asked to be fruitful and multiply; to reproduce their own kind by spreading the laws of God to the world; the laws of kindness, mercy, love, compassion, faith etc to the world, but rather than do that, they were enticed into wickedness by the very people they were supposed to civilize with the word of God.

Adam and Eve; the man and the woman are still in the world today, still wallowing in the filth of their stiffnecked rebellion against God, they don't even know themselves, they have been severely dumbed down and are have become beastly. Nebuchadnezzer-type bestiality.

Fortunately for them, The Almighty God has given His love to them unconditionally and eternally; He will gather them back to Himself when the time is ripe, when the seven times decreed over them expires (it has actually), ended in 1914. He will gather them together with the strangers who have aligned themselves to God, in righteousness.[/b]
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by cestmoiparadign: 11:59am On Oct 09, 2014
jonescyras:
It seems more confusing in climax.... I'm a philosophy and religious studies student and pls dont quote me as an athiest. I'm a believer that goes to church and believes in His sacredness.... Philosophy has taught me to question.. I keep wondering
1. If God had had the onset knowledge of what man will turn out to be, why did he made us?. Better still, he is the most powerful why cant he manoever us to what He wants.
2. Is there any thing like predestination atall?. For me, i believe in action and reaction...
nice question. God is the creator of heaven and earth but He is not in control of every thing. He gives man the free will to choose. even after the fall of man He knows how to turn the evil the devil intended to good ...
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Orunto: 12:18pm On Oct 09, 2014
The Word of God in the beginning means Planning and Control, the Blue Print of God made known to us by His Spirit in us.. God did not create Adam and Eve to sin. It was the Breath of God that established "Selfishness" in men. They saw themselves face to face in opposition to God. They started using the Breath of God in them, their consciences, for phantasies. They started having ideas. God could have destroyed them there and then but He had better plan to control their excesses, disobedience and selfishness. The Spirit of Christ(the spirit of Righteousness) was there when selfishness entered into man and so God and His heavenly hosts immediately planned "Control" measures to redeem man. Christ is the Spirit of Righteousness. Christ is Control. He is our Advocate in Heaven to correct all our deviations from Righteousness. The Lord is Good!
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by beejaay: 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2014
Jakeattah:

Lol, your funny.

and here i thought God is everywhere "my bad" grin grin shocked shocked
Re: If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by beejaay: 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
pro01:
Question for the gods.

When I was much younger, I was warned never to ask such questions (or even think about them), otherwise I could run mad. Questions like the one you're asking @OP, and particularly this: Who created God?

Decades later, I am still afraid of running mad, so. . . . .Lol.

bros abeg no run mad oooo, we still need u

i guess you have realized that the more you asked, the more questions u get to ask..the truth is that there is no point believing or assuming anything, just observe and drink to people illusion of granduer

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Fern And The Bamboo / What Are Your Best Christmas Songs? / Allah’s Invalidate His Own Revelation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.