Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,526 members, 7,823,285 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends (3654 Views)

ARTICLE: "THE MYSTERY OF "I AM SORRY" By Badiru Kehinde / Some Girls And Their Armpit Hairs. / "Olive Juice" Instead of "I Love You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by nickxtra(m): 12:27pm On Nov 05, 2013
Please, I crave for your views to enable me understand what some girls mean when they tell a guy that they prefer to keep male friends instead of female friends. I have had the chance of having various female friends, majority of whom were just casual friends, but among these girls are some that you hardly see with female friends, except may be their class or church mates and nothing connect them more than issues about the duo. Just yesterday, I was discussing with a girl and another girl came into the meeting to exchange greetings with us and left immediately. When she left, the girl I was with just told me plainly that the girl is not her friend, but just looking for a way to get close to her and that she is not interested in the relationship, the reason being that she does not like female friendship, instead, that she is more comfortable with male friends. I have encountered this similar position from so many girls. While some adduced varying reasons ranging from 'the gossip' aspect of the female folk, some will say a girl to girl friendship breed 'jealousy', 'boy friend snatching', and so many other reasons. To my mind, I feel any girl that prefers keeping male friends to female friends will also be highly vulnerable to a lot of male intimacy, because experience has shown that majority of males find it practically difficult to sustain a casual relationship with a girl for a long period of time, without in one way or the other bringing the intimacy aspect it. I have personally experienced it, so I don't know what you may think of this. Is it right for a girl to keep so many male friends and abhors relationship with the female sex? Your views please.

1 Like

Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
Yeah seen a couple of girls who prefer male company than female company and they all have the same excuses...I guess there's nothing wrong with what u want. I don't see anything wrong with the ideology but I just find some of the reasons absurd. Personally I don't know why girls can't be like boys and stop hating on each other. They are always beefing each other, secretly hating, envying and so on...I feel MOST girls should grow up and stop acting like kids.
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by Smartiegurl(f): 1:02pm On Nov 05, 2013
Well, most gurls seems to be more comfortable around the male folks, while others feel so shy around the the male folks, but then again, as a gurl, is good to be spending more time with a gurl like you....because you two share a lot in common.

2 Likes

Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 05, 2013
i prefer the male company than female,cos of topic to discuss when we are together.

But overtime,i have learnt to stick will the female folks,cos when a guy becomes too used to your presence,casual may nt be casual anymore

1 Like

Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by nickxtra(m): 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
[b][/b]
Smartie gurl: Well, most gurls seems to be more comfortable around the male folks, while others feel so shy around the the male folks, but then again, as a gurl, is good to be spending more time with a gurl like you....because you two share a lot in common.
You are right, but what could be the reason that gives some female folks comfort being with the male counter part, but abhors or find it irritating staying with a female like her? I feel, the only excuse is that such female in this category would have at one point or the other had intimate relationship, either willingly, accidentally or otherwise with half of the males she goes close to. So I don't think this should be encouraged at all.
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by Smartiegurl(f): 3:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
nickxtra: [b][/b] You are right, but what could be the reason that gives some female folks comfort being with the male counter part, but abhors or find it irritating staying with a female like her? I feel, the only excuse is that such female in this category would have at one point or the other had intimate relationship, either willingly, accidentally or otherwise with half of the males she goes close to. So I don't think this should be encouraged at all.
i think they got their reasons for that, and most of them dont have bad intentions having guys around them, but to me, i get along with both female and male friends. But then, hanging out with people that have almost everything in common with you is more better.

2 Likes

Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by Caracta(f): 3:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
As for me, i grew up with a lot of brothers and male cousins. I was attached to them...unlike my only sis. I fight/argue with my sis a lot..it's either we are quarelling about shoes or bags or a new dress i have that she doesn't have, or the dress mum bought for me that she wasn't given. Constant arguments...so i sought solace from my brothers and male acquaintances who wouldn't drag my shoes with me grin

Again, growing up, i saw male friends as Defenders of the Universe. I was always running my mouth and i got into a lot of trouble. I could talk but i couldn't fight. So when someone wants to beat me, i run to my big brothers. They either fight or bully them away. Girls can't do that. The best my sister could do was beg them not to beat me. That's boring cheesy

I'm attracted to big guys...i mean in size. And i think it's because i grew up with BIG boys with broad chest and strong shoulders. So over time, i have more male friends than female friends.

Girls run their mouths anyhow and leak secrets over a bowl of popcorn. Guys (most of them) don't have time for petty talks. Girls sulk and cry when you hurt their feelings and keep malice for months. Guys talk to you about it immediately and 'force' an apology from you, especially when they are true friends.

Don't you just love them? kiss kiss kiss

11 Likes

Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by Bootybuttchic(f): 9:30pm On Nov 05, 2013
Caracta: As for me, i grew up with a lot of brothers and male cousins. I was attached to them...unlike my only sis. I fight/argue with my sis a lot..it's either we are quarelling about shoes or bags or a new dress i have that she doesn't have, or the dress mum bought for me that she wasn't given. Constant arguments...so i sought solace from my brothers and male acquaintances who wouldn't drag my shoes with me grin

Again, growing up, i saw male friends as Defenders of the Universe. I was always running my mouth and i got into a lot of trouble. I could talk but i couldn't fight. So when someone wants to beat me, i run to my big brothers. They either fight or bully them away. Girls can't do that. The best my sister could do was beg them not to beat me. That's boring cheesy

I'm attracted to big guys...i mean in size. And i think it's because i grew up with BIG boys with broad chest and strong shoulders. So over time, i have more male friends than female friends.

Girls run their mouths anyhow and leak secrets over a bowl of popcorn. Guys (most of them) don't have time for petty talks. Girls sulk and cry when you hurt their feelings and keep malice for months. Guys talk to you about it immediately and 'force' an apology from you, especially when they are true friends.

Don't you jist love them? kiss kiss kiss
SO ONPOINT wink wink. ....gurls can be so annoyin....
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by Bootybuttchic(f): 9:33pm On Nov 05, 2013
Caracta: As for me, i grew up with a lot of brothers and male cousins. I was attached to them...unlike my only sis. I fight/argue with my sis a lot..it's either we are quarelling about shoes or bags or a new dress i have that she doesn't have, or the dress mum bought for me that she wasn't given. Constant arguments...so i sought solace from my brothers and male acquaintances who wouldn't drag my shoes with me grin

SO ONPOINT wink wink. ....gurls can be so annoyin....
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by buskeske: 10:08pm On Nov 05, 2013

True talk!
You must be my twin sis from another mother
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 05, 2013

Girls run their mouths anyhow and leak secrets over a bowl of popcorn. Guys (most of t keep malice for months. Guys talk to you about it immediately and 'force' an apology from you, especially when they are true friends.

falling in love with caracter day by day. kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by Merkki(f): 11:33pm On Nov 05, 2013
nickxtra: To my mind, I feel any girl that prefers keeping male friends to female friends will also be highly vulnerable to a lot of male intimacy, because experience has shown that majority of males find it practically difficult to sustain a casual relationship with a girl for a long period of time, without in one way or the other bringing the intimacy aspect it.

Fallacy and myopic thinking! The fact that u can't sustain pure friendship with female folks doesn't mean others can't. My best friend when i was in school was male, he had a girlfriend too. We were close for 5 years with no strings attached. Discipline is key. U need to work on yourself bro.
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 06, 2013
I think girls just love being pampered. As for me, I have more female friends - more like aquantainces, than male friends but I'm more open with my male friends. So many things I can tell a male friend that I won't dare mention to a female friend.
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 06, 2013
I broke up with dis girl few months ago after asking her roommate how is she doing, I won't lie tho,she beat the living daylight out of my face. The harder I tried to fight back the more I get hurt. Cos she represents port-harcourt in karate. Why get jealous cos I asked your roommate rite in front of you how she is doing. Dat she's been suspecting I'm going out with her friend behind her back. So insecure. Guys never you date all dis girls dat are into karate or takwando, don't even think about marriage cos you are actually signing your death warrant.

1 Like

Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by Emeralddeee: 9:13am On Nov 06, 2013
There's nothing wrong if a girl prefer being friends with guys instead of girls. Some girls are comfortable that way so what's the big deal, besides a true male friend is far better than a female friend cuz generally girls love competing and the get jealous easily. Not all guys view girls as sex object,if the girl is intelligent and fit in as a friend we can roll, that a girl has more male friends compared to female friends doesn't make her promiscuous in anyway. If you have a problem with self control you can stay away from keeping female friends it won't change a thing.
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by adexsimply(m): 10:08am On Nov 06, 2013
googlepikin: I broke up with dis girl few months ago after asking her roommate how is she doing, I won't lie tho,she beat the living daylight out of my face. The harder I tried to fight back the more I get hurt. Cos she represents port-harcourt in karate. Why get jealous cos I asked your roommate rite in front of you how she is doing. Dat she's been suspecting I'm going out with her friend behind her back. So insecure. Guys never you date all dis girls dat are into karate or takwando, don't even think about marriage cos you are actually signing your death warrant.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by nickxtra(m): 12:52pm On Nov 06, 2013
Merkki:

Fallacy and myopic thinking! The fact that u can't sustain pure friendship with female folks doesn't mean others can't. My best friend when i was in school was male, he had a girlfriend too. We were close for 5 years with no strings attached. Discipline is key. U need to work on yourself bro.
you appear absent minded in your comment. I put it to you and I stand by the position, that some thing is wrong somewhere for a girl to prefer males friends to female friends in its entirety. Am not saying its a crime or its wrong anyway, but there is always element of intimacy between some of the male friends and the girl, whether the girl is willing or not, especially when such friendship is based on no visible professional, religious and academic link. Go and do your research detached from your perspective or experience of the issue. I don't want to have the illusion that you might have been a victim of this. Comment wisely sis.
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by Ruq: 2:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
Merkki:

See you!!! ask him if he has never thought of grabbing anything despite him having a gf
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by Manweysabi(m): 3:01pm On Nov 06, 2013
^^
//
i agree with your point.

I can not date a lady that prefers keeping male friends than female friends..

Nah... T'won't work.

1 Like

Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2013
I'd say mine are 50:50, but their personalities are not patterned around their gender. The friends I consider closer than my own skin are both females, but we have male friends sewn throughout our circles. It is what it is.

It's sad to know some girls cannot find solace with other girls- sure there are frogs among but, girl, what makes you so special? undecided

1 Like

Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by lomaxx: 3:55pm On Nov 06, 2013
The most potent excuse to string guys along. And I've noticed, girls of this sort rarely get serious about relationships. Endless guys to derive attention from.

1 Like

Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by ikekings1: 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
Well, ladies just know that your so called male friends won't even blink an eye once they get the opportunity to get between your legs..

I know some will try to say that it's all about discipline and self-control.. But, they are few... That's just the way it is... Ladies be careful with the kind of male friends you keep... Guys are chameleon, very deceptive... I don talk my own ooo as an ex-convict.. grin grin grin..
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by saintneo(m): 9:09pm On Nov 06, 2013
googlepikin: I broke up with dis girl few months ago after asking her roommate how is she doing, I won't lie tho,she beat the living daylight out of my face. The harder I tried to fight back the more I get hurt. Cos she represents port-harcourt in karate. Why get jealous cos I asked your roommate rite in front of you how she is doing. Dat she's been suspecting I'm going out with her friend behind her back. So insecure. Guys never you date all dis girls dat are into karate or takwando, don't even think about marriage cos you are actually signing your death warrant.
dude go and learn jujitsu.
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 06, 2013
lomaxx: The most potent excuse to string guys along. And I've noticed, girls of this sort rarely get serious about relationships. Endless guys to derive attention from.

Lol.......the first sentence is true! embarassed
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by tpia5: 10:35pm On Nov 06, 2013
Females who cant be catty, etc, will have problems keeping female friends.

Dont mean this in a negative way but you have to be able to gossip, nitpick, backbite, envy, etc in order to fit in with other females.

If you're not like that, then you're a square peg in a round hole and you'll be the one picked on if you cant join them to pick on others.

Thats one explanation (too cerebral).

The other of course is a lady may prefer male company because she wants booty calls or admiration, as opposed to simply being on the same conversational level with them, (sort of ny.mpho). Hanging around males will guarantee that. Although, most ny.mphos do have female friends i should think.

Once again, just my opinion in general.
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 06, 2013
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by troy20(m): 11:22pm On Nov 06, 2013
gurls who say this have alota issues thats why.i've keenly observed.
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 06, 2013
I keep male AND female friends, I have no problem with either gender. I like nice, friendly, warm-hearted , honest, funny, interesting, smart people.

I don't agree to the statement that females with male friends tend to have more s.ex.ual encounters.
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
troy20: gurls who say this have alota issues thats why.i've keenly observed.

I agree.
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by sunnyt1(m): 6:03am On Nov 07, 2013
Una wan hear fact?

Never trust a gal who keep only or more male friends, Never!
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by didicold(f): 7:03am On Nov 07, 2013
D sex of a person doznt determine a good friend, i av friends of both sexes.it depends on who's closer to me @ dat moment.my best friends r female tho i av a few male too. Due to growing up wit guys and befriending dem, i discover dey gossip as much as girls,a guy doznt feel wrong about telling his male frends about his female frend, because he knows d guy code wont be broken. Nd i av met some particular guys dat dier mouths r like seives, tho dey r my friends but when dey start talking about dier gf or oda things,i'll just start screamin "too much info": i also av female frends who gossip,heck,i do it too wen am in d mood. we all have our weaknesses
Re: Girls And Their Syndrome Of 'I Don't Keep Female' Friends by pickabeau1: 9:11am On Nov 07, 2013
do you refer to the same males that some of you refer to as randy goats, cheats, reprobates, pant chasers abusers and all the complimentary words you guys give males on this forum..

interesting ...

Caracta:

Don't you just love them? kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's Wrong With This Picture [photos] / See How These Pastor's Dress / Drama As Lady Refuses to Accept her Boyfriend Engagement, Friends Join to beg(pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.