Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,413 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... (7269 Views)

You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni / Buhari & Amaechi: The Handshake That Got People Talking(photo) / A Thread Specially Dedicated To Governor "Rotimi Amaechi" For His Determination. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Katsumoto: 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2013
lertee: Has pastor tunde Bakare been dropped or why is he not mentioned? Just curious to know.
I thought it was him with buhari at all time mostly to balance the religion equation.

CPC and ACN fielded separate candidates the last time. Now CPC and ACN are one.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by eye4eye: 7:33pm On Nov 05, 2013
edo.girl:

Thanks. I do contribute, but in the past few months people have become so angry and abusive about anything and anybody they disagree with that I prefer to watch from the sidelines most times. It is a very intimidating environment now.

On Okorocha...I agree that if APC wins Anambra, that will be a major breakthrough for the party in the SE, and will increase the likelihood of an Igbo VP. All in all, I think the Buhari/Fashola combination will edge it at the end of the day.

Please continue to contribute. Don't let the agents of intolerance and hate figures from PDP who trolls on this forum intimidate you. If you stay on the sideline, it means they are winning the argument. Don't let them win the argument. At the end, we shall be victorious. Most of us were supporters of Jonathan at the beginning but Jonathan has squandered the goodwill given to him. Look at the way his wife and his people have been behaving in the last two years. They are now telling us how their oil money feeds the whole nation. Political intimidation is everywhere. It is like we are in military era again where Abacha intimidated and harassed opponent publicly.

They have bitten more than they can chew. 2015 is the time we set the record straight.

Buhari 2015!

5 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Gbawe: 7:36pm On Nov 05, 2013
nku5: Buhari's too old abeg. I'd rather see fashola/amaechi if he cross carpets to APC or mark/amaechi if he remains in PDP

Ordinarily, I would agree with you but these are 'extraordinary' times for Nigeria. Nigeria is now a very aberrant nation where we witness 'madness' not seen anywhere else displayed with brazen aplomb !!! Buhari remains one of the few Nigerians who has the unflinching bravery, integrity and resolute character to dismantle the cesspit of corruption and criminal oligarchy destroying Nigeria.

Buhari, anytime and any day, is one of a very few number of Nigerians capable of totally putting AGIPS , cabals, 'interest groups' and ruinous hands out of business so Nigeria can thrive. In fact many will start making plans to head out the minute it is obvious Buhari may become the President. I do not doubt at all that Buhari can drastically change and sanitize the system in 4 years. He can then hand over to a younger protege. That is the quickest template for Nigeria's development for me

3 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 05, 2013
edo.girl:
I understood that there was little corruption during his time. False?

Also, I am not aware that his government used flogging as a tool to punish erring masses. Yes, it may have been used by some quasi-military agencies and the police, but we have the same today.

Don't police flog people now? And the army publicly humiliating civilians? I tell you of a recent (well, a few months ago) event where the army team on the road block between Owo and Akungba apparently forced a 'poorly dressed' lady to bring her t*ts out to be fondled by the Okada guy ferrying her. I understand the Ondo State University (Akungba) girl was dressed for a party on a weekend, and the army thought her dressing was distasteful, and her punishment was that depraved humiliation. We happen to leave in a society with peculiar values. We can't peg everything on Buhari.

NB: Just to confirm that the incident about the army was relayed to me by a relative. I can't vouch that it happened.
Why are you wasting valuable time responding to that Ape Ikengawo when u would serve society better by tossing it a rotten banana?
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by atlwireles: 7:38pm On Nov 05, 2013
edo.girl:

No question that Amaechi won't bring as much votes as Fashola, and in my view a Buhari/Fashola ticket remain the most formidable option for APC. I also think Buhari/Amaechi can be a veritable second choice.

A muslim/muslim[/b], particularly one with Fashola on it, is not an issue for most Christians that I know. Right now, people just want a solid leader who will fight corruption.

Maybe 20 years ago, Nigerians will not tolerate that. Why not offer the Northerners[b] Xtain/Xtians
ticket. Then we can count the dead bodies after their mad riots.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by cashkidisback1(m): 7:38pm On Nov 05, 2013
CyberG:

You don't know that! All you have is your own single vote, assuming you are 18 and those of your immediate family and friends who may listen to you! Stop acting as though you speak on behalf of million of people because YOU DON'T and CANNOT!
igbos might vote for another notherner bt u see buhari,he wont get a single vote in any igbo land..we cant vote for a jihadist who sees ntin wrong wen bh slaugthered innocent igbo corpers in d north.n he is evn threatening more if he looses in 2015

1 Like

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 05, 2013
nku5: Buhari's too old abeg. I'd rather see fashola/amaechi if he cross carpets to APC or mark/amaechi if he remains in PDP
David Mark?! The same David Mark?! Uber corrupt ugly monkey that said "Phones are not for the poor"?! Someone needs to chop off ur fingers so u don't vote come next elections.

4 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 05, 2013
eye4eye:

Shimon Peres of Israel is 94, PM of India is 86, Mandela was 73 when he became President, Anenin of PDP is 82, Bamanga Tukur of PDP is 80, so what are you talking about? McCain was 71 when he contested against Obama to become president.
Ronald Reagan was almost 1billion years old when he became,arguably, the best President America ever had.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2013
cashkid_is_back: anybody running wit buhari as mate wont win a single vote in d SE/SS especially in d SE.igbos wil vote massively for gej in 2015..evn if buhari runs rochas,igbos wont gv him their votes
Even if Buhari runs with Jesus, igbos will vote Gej.

Who says Igbos are tribalists again?

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Katsumoto: 7:45pm On Nov 05, 2013
kingoflag: Ronald Reagan was almost 1billion years old when he became,arguably, the best President America ever had.

According to Republicans.

But Roosevelt is the best president of all time in the US. He was so good, he won 4 elections.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 05, 2013
Katsumoto:

According to Republicans.

But Roosevelt is the best president of all time in the US. He was so good, he won 4 elections.
Ah, Bro, don't ever tell that to any red blooded American. Reagan's works during the cold war effectively stamped him as our greatest President ever.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 05, 2013
kingoflag: David Mark?! The same David Mark?! Uber corrupt ugly monkey that said "Phones are not for the poor"?! Someone needs to chop off ur fingers so u don't vote come next elections.
i so much dislike that dude, for all his crimes during the military era he ends up being SP for 8yrs. His anti poor mentality is second to none.

1 Like

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Katsumoto: 7:50pm On Nov 05, 2013
kingoflag: Ah, Bro, don't ever tell that to any red blooded American. Reagan's works during the cold war effectively stamped him as our greatest President ever.

Hahahahaha. Maybe to current ignorant Americans who don't even know who Jimmy Carter is let alone LBJ.

You want to compare winning a cold war to pulling the US out of depression and winning WW2? Please tell me something else.

1 Like

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by atlwireles: 7:51pm On Nov 05, 2013
kingoflag: Ah, Bro, don't ever tell that to any red blooded American. Reagan's works during the cold war effectively stamped him as our greatest President ever.

Left them with trillions in debt.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by 0monnakoda: 7:51pm On Nov 05, 2013
Obiagelli:
i love the way you table your arguments, simply brilliant. I hope you make more contributions here.
@ topic i doubt the number of votes Amechi would bring in as vice president, like it's been said above igbos would most likely vote gej except Apc wins anambra and chooses rochas as it's VP thereby selling the igbo presidency agenda for 2019.
I cannot say the same about your argument or logic. Ok so Ibos won't vote for Amaechi but there are 31 other states who could back Amaechi. I don't see how thi is an "Ibo" issue or how the election turns on who Ibos vote for. What does Rochas ,2019 and all that Ibo Presidency agenda have to do with our fine discussion here. Must everything be seen from an Ibo perpective? There are 19 states in the North and 6 in the SW = 25. It is how those 25 vote and th
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 05, 2013
atlwireles:

Maybe 20 years ago, Nigerians will not tolerate that. Why not offer the Northerners[b] Xtain/Xtians[/b] ticket. Then we can count the dead bodies after their mad riots.
who d hell goes to the polls with religion the only thing on his mind.

3 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Katsumoto: 7:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
atlwireles:

Left them with trillions in debt.

The debt the US is struggling with today is from the Reagan era. Republicans are trying to kill Obama over raising the debt ceiling twice when Reagan raised the ceiling 18 times and Bush junior raised it 7 times.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Katsumoto: 7:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
Obiagelli:

People who love the status quo.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by atlwireles: 8:00pm On Nov 05, 2013
Obiagelli:

That is Nigeria, you can wish away, but it's the political reality.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 05, 2013
0monnakoda: I cannot say the same about your argument or logic. Ok so Ibos won't vote for Amaechi but there are 31 other states who could back Amaechi. I don't see how thi is an "Ibo" issue or how the election turns on who Ibos vote for. What does Rochas ,2019 and all that Ibo Presidency agenda have to do with our fine discussion here. Must everything be seen from an Ibo perpective? There are 19 states in the North and 6 in the SW = 25. It is how those 25 vote and th
Bro you are missing my point, i only brought in a perspective, having rochas as VP with anambra in the bag would definitely bring in more votes than ameachi. I believe no region should be neglected as it would only strengthen Jonathan. Igbo 2019 is also a good sell. Anyways we are only just sharing ideas. I am all for Buhari/fashola anyday.

3 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by atlwireles: 8:02pm On Nov 05, 2013
Katsumoto:

The debt the US is struggling with today is from the Reagan era. Republicans are trying to kill Obama over raising the debt ceiling twice when Reagan raised the ceiling 18 times and Bush junior raised it 7 times.

People forget, when Carter left office in 1980 United states had about 900B in total debt. it took reagan 8 years to send it to almost 6 trillion. From 1776-1980 total debt 900B.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by 0monnakoda: 8:07pm On Nov 05, 2013
atlwireles:

People forget, when Carter left office in 1980 United states had about 900B in total debt. it took reagan 8 years to send it to almost 6 trillion. From 1776-1980 total debt 900B.
$1 in 1776 = $1 in 2013
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by 0monnakoda: 8:09pm On Nov 05, 2013
Obiagelli:
Bro you are missing my point, i only brought in a perspective, having rochas as VP with anambra in the bag would definitely bring in more votes than ameachi. I believe no region should be neglected as it would only strengthen Jonathan. Igbo 2019 is also a good sell. Anyways we are only just sharing ideas. I am all for Buhari/fashola anyday.
We say no to any POWER MUST RETURN TO NORTH AGENDA. It is possible for the South to kick out GEJ and field another person . Why must it be Buhari
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
0monnakoda:
We say no to any POWER MUST RETURN TO NORTH AGENDA. It is possible for the South to kick out GEJ and field another person . Why must it be Buhari
power should return to when it belongs A WORTHY LEADER one who cares less about his pocket and is ready to fight corruption head on. I care less about his tribe.

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by PointB: 8:17pm On Nov 05, 2013
Buhari is too old, inarticulate, incoherent, lacking in ideas and guile to manage Nigeria. But it will be good to see him in the polls again. His presence in the poll is a sign of victory for anyone pitted against him.

Seems to me that the opposition is seriously lacking the idea department as every permutation they make throw up the old and incompetent Mumumadu Buhari!

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Katsumoto: 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
Obiagelli:
power should return to when it belongs A WORTHY LEADER one who cares less about his pocket and is ready to fight corruption head on. I care less about his tribe.

Correct

Politics is more about pragmatism than idealism. If one waits for an ideal politician, one can wait forever.

I think folks like Fashola, Oshomiole, Aregbesola can be good presidents but it would be difficult for any of them to work in Nigeria as it is presently constituted. The hope is that Buhari can dismantle the corruption blocks and make it easier for more competent administrators to take over. One just needs to remember how difficult OBJ had it in his first tem (1999 - 2003).

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by 9Willywilly: 8:23pm On Nov 05, 2013
Why many Yorubas are doing everything to have a Moslem Northerner back to power is that they find it easier to manipulate and Loot national Coffers under them.

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by PointB: 8:29pm On Nov 05, 2013
Those who contemplate Muslim/Muslim ticket in this era of Islamic militancy, terrorism, and sharia are on a long thing. The don't understand the importance of timing. I say to them, go ahead! Let's see how that works for you.

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by PointB: 8:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
kingoflag: Even if Buhari runs with Jesus, igbos will vote Gej.

Light and darkness will never be one. Buhari is best served running with Mohammed, and his retinue of virgins.

1 Like

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by bolayei: 8:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
Buhari was good when he ruled nigeria before but the big question is...is he not old now? Are there no competent younger nigerians? The reason tinubu won lagos state governorship was because his poster photo was a younger picture of him and everyone voted hoping a younger man will have a better vision and strength. Nigerians have to say no to these men, they are already pensioners. Nigeria in those days was ruled by some of the names we still mention today and these guys were young then. These old men will only spoil things more. We need younger men so people will be able to express themselves more, a younger man knows what is happening in the world today and have the physical ability to move round.

Better still, Buhari can run for prime minister/president/premier of the northern nigeria/region.

N:B Nigeria is a name given to 3 countries i.e eastern, western, northern nigeria. We are meant to canvas for things to go back to how it was because it worked then this marriage is not working. And our ways of twisting the english language don confuse us to the point wey e don dey affect us. The word ''UNITED'' we call am ''ONE'' and that don confuse us. Think of it as united nigeria not one nigeria then you will know its 3 countries/regions just like united kingdom get ireland,wales and england. Even though our slogan na peace and unity, think...where did the unity come in the equation?

1 Like

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 05, 2013
bolayei: Buhari was good when he ruled nigeria before but the big question is...is he not old now? Are there no competent younger nigerians? The reason tinubu won lagos state governorship was because his poster photo was a younger picture of him and everyone voted hoping a younger man will have a better vision and strength. Nigerians have to say no to these men, they are already pensioners. Nigeria in those days was ruled by some of the names we still mention today and these guys were young then. These old men will only spoil things more. We need younger men so people will be able to express themselves more, a younger man knows what is happening in the world today and have the physical ability to move round.

Better still, Buhari can run for prime minister/president/premier of the northern nigeria/region.

N:B Nigeria is a name given to 3 countries i.e eastern, western, northern nigeria. We are meant to canvas for things to go back to how it was because it worked then this marriage is not working. And our ways of twisting the english language don confuse us to the point wey e don dey affect us. The word ''UNITED'' we call am ''ONE'' and that don confuse us. Think of it as united nigeria not one nigeria then you will know its 3 countries/regions just like united kingdom get ireland,wales and england. Even though our slogan na peace and unity, think...where did the unity come in the equation?
what is the point beating about the bush, can Buhari get the job done? If yes then give it to him.
Age is never a yardstick, ibori, bankole, Daniel are young guys you know

3 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by PointB: 8:42pm On Nov 05, 2013
By the way, if APC/Tinubu want to surrender their party to a Northerner by all means (whether deserving or not) why not Ribadu?

Has Ribadu not proven himself? Even after he was sold for six-pence by Tinubu the last time out, no one heard him complained, he simply moved on. Why not Ribadu, why must it be the old and dysfunctional Buhari, who probably doesn't even know how to use the internet let alone post comment on social media? Buhari is of the past, it is a great disservice to teeming Nigerian youth brimming with energy and idea and waiting in the wings for their time.

Buhari and his gang of old men, have had their chance, Nigeria has to move on, and away from them. They are not indispensable, and are certainly not need at this time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Brother's At War...senator Gilbert Nnaji And Brother Fights Dirty Over Land / What Biafrans Are ₦doing To Ndi Aba And No One Is Talking [pictures] / Beautiful Selfies With Tinubu And APC Youths Tears The Internet Apart(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.