Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... (7265 Views)

You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni / Buhari & Amaechi: The Handshake That Got People Talking(photo) / A Thread Specially Dedicated To Governor "Rotimi Amaechi" For His Determination. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by CyberG: 10:14pm On Nov 05, 2013
Dive-Bomber:

Exactly!!! Is it the birthright of the hausa/fulani to rule? What is all this pls? Why can APC not present Rochas or Fashola as presidential candidate and then a hausa/fulani as vice?

Who is born to "siddon loo" for heaven's sake?

Nawaoooo!

Stop pretending as though you don't know that Yar'adua's death cut short whatever "slot" the north had and that alone is enough for any fair minded person to see why the north will most likely get back in the saddle after 2015 or 2019! You cannot hold the previous years of military rule against them of course because military knows neither north or south - the ill advised coup of January 1966 is what precipitated the several years of military rule you now cry about and we all know you people are responsible for it!

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by CyberG: 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
atlwireles:

How come the numbers eluded him in his previous 3 attempts

See question! What does it mean when PDP said it was do or die? You pretend to forget about that now as though you don't know PDP rigged the numbers even for GEJ with 99% votes? Such percentage votes have never been possible anywhere else I know in this world except PDP Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Afam4eva(m): 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
CyberG:

Your premise is completely FLAWED when you emphasis getting the office and relegate the track record and performance of the office holder to the background! This is why the country is not moving forward! I would rather have an unknown person as president who would create an environment like the one I live in the West rather than someone from my family who will keep Nigeria the way it is or unable to make any changes, can you do the same? Clearly not because you are here advocating Rochas (just say you want Ibo close to the presidential office or as president) but note that your wish does not and can never translate to that of the majority! In my opinion, Ibos will NOT vote for anybody else except GEJ and they've said that over and over again, why do you insist on pretending that we don't know that?

A solid strategy is for the APC to field someone who has the will, track records and courage to change Nigeria, not a ball-less president and people like Buhari and Fashola have shown that so far! Their records speak for them very loudly! Going to choose a candidate from the SE or anywhere who will continue the unprogressive policies you people have complained about so many times is downright reprehensible! Those two choices already guarantee approximately 2/3 of the entire population of Nigeria and then, they can move out to contest for votes in Iboland, SS and MN by selling their policies and manifestos, maybe they will get another 10 - 15% not the gambling approach you so mentioned! Let Ibos prove they can rise above parochial sentiments by not voting 99% for a GEJ who is yet to do anything for the 99.99% of the ordinary ibos in iboland as appointment of Ihejirika, Iweala, Oduah, etc will do nothing for the ordinary ibos! When a change of government happens, they will all be replaced but a change of government will not remove the roads and infrastructure which the ordinary ibo man can use to improve his or her business and maybe develop further to attract more people or investment! People care about having enough to eat, a decent place to sleep, good clothes to wear, peace and a happy life and whatever party or leader brings that is far more profitable than a leader from your clan who does not do anything for his people! Let Ibos first show that they will not follow a GEJ or any leader blindly but someone who can be accountable and who will put the people's interest first and then the rest of Nigeria can trust them with leadership in 4 years! Should they continue the way they have been going about it, note that GEJ will get only a maximum of another 4 years and after that, what can Ibos expect? Truth is Yar'adua's death truncated the "slot" of the north and leadership will most likely return there and then after 8 years, they pay you back in the same coin by supporting everyone else except Ibos who refuse to see beyond their noses! A word is enough for the wise!
Going by this premise then who's more qualified than Fashola in APC? It seems APC are more interested in winning than actually presenting the ideal candidate. For now, APC is trying to win an election and they would present someone they feel will help them win as opposed to someone who has a track record of performance. The best they can do is to reach a compromise between the two. I really don't care about APC neither do i care about any party cos i'm confused right now and i'm finding it difficult making a choice. I could care less if APC presents an Igbo candidate. I'm only saying what i nthink will be the deal breaker for them.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by eye4eye: 10:17pm On Nov 05, 2013
atlwireles:

Do you know the meaning of rigging? We have never had an election where the incumbent or PDP candidate did not rig the election. Buhari has always been a victim of rigging; especially in 2003 and 2007.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 05, 2013
atlwireles:

funding wasn't there as such hence his campaign was limited to a few states
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by atlwireles: 10:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
eye4eye:

Do you know the meaning of rigging? We have never had an election where the incumbent or PDP candidate did not rig the election. Buhari has always been a victim of rigging; especially in 2003 and 2007.

Rigging from whom Please show me the saints in Nigerian politics?
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by CyberG: 10:19pm On Nov 05, 2013
atlwireles:

Buhari will win the same states he won 2011. The election will see some changes in the southwest. A Buhari/Fashola ticket is a non starter for many Christians in the southwest. Pretend all you want in nairaland, that is the simple truth.

I am a Christian and I DO NOT CARE ABOUT MOSLEM-MOSLEM ticket! There are countries that are ALMOST 100% MOSLEMS and they are FAR BETTER than ALL CHRISTIAN or the current dullard christian-moslem ticket you are selling GEJ and Sambo! Abiola and Kingibe won and it was a moslem-moslem ticket! I wonder if some people just like to act stupid as though they don't know that food, shelter and clothing, peace and prosperity does not look at religion or tribal orientation!

3 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by atlwireles: 10:20pm On Nov 05, 2013
Obiagelli:
funding wasn't there as such hence his campaign was limited to a few states

As you like it grin grin grin grin
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by eye4eye: 10:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
atlwireles:

Rigging from whom Please show me the saints in Nigerian politics?

I don't know how to educate a militant on oil overdose. Doing so will be action in vain.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by atlwireles: 10:21pm On Nov 05, 2013
CyberG:

I am a Christian and I DO NOT CARE ABOUT MOSLEM-MOSLEM ticket! There are countries that are ALMOST 100% MOSLEMS and they are FAR BETTER than ALL CHRISTIAN or the current dullard christian-moslem ticket you are selling GEJ and Sambo!

You are not an undecided voter
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by eye4eye: 10:22pm On Nov 05, 2013
atlwireles:

Are you?
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by atlwireles: 10:22pm On Nov 05, 2013
eye4eye:

I don't know how to educate a militant on oil overdose. Doing so will be action in vain.

When, you have nothing to say as usual, you result to insult. It will not give you one vote come 2015.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by atlwireles: 10:24pm On Nov 05, 2013
eye4eye:

Are you?

No I'm not
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 10:27pm On Nov 05, 2013
@ Afam4eva true fashola is competent, any harm in presenting the best two candidates in the party? The Obama/Hillary style
Btw its not like Fashola is going to pack any votes in the SE/SS
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by CyberG: 10:30pm On Nov 05, 2013
Afam4eva:
Going by this premise then who's more qualified than Fashola in APC? It seems APC are more interested in winning than actually presenting the ideal candidate. For now, APC is trying to win an election and they would present someone they feel will help them win as opposed to someone who has a track record of performance. The best they can do is to reach a compromise between the two. I really don't care about APC neither do i care about any party cos i'm confused right now and i'm finding it difficult making a choice. I could care less if APC presents an Igbo candidate. I'm only saying what i nthink will be the deal breaker for them.

That is why you are confusing the two factors: Fashola is being mentioned NOT because the APC just wants to "win" an election but because he has shown that after winning, we will not be stuck with a liability, tuber of yam who does not know what to do to improve the lots of Nigeria - that is the real gain of the people not who wins or lose! If Fashola were as terrible and useless as Orji is reputed to be, even if he were in APC (1000X) more than everyone else, would you see his name here? Tinubu is a great candidate, with vision and proved himself well but his skills are not being asked by most people because there's something else he does better! Look, on the day after the winner emerges, that is the day he starts being criticized and questioned and a useless do nothing president will not cut it: this is why almost 100% of Nigerians would go the US if they could get a visa! Again, to state it clearly, Governor Fashola is a CLEAR WINNING CANDIDATE by track record of performance, nothing else and those are the TWO things APC and Nigeria needs - someone that can win and an has shown he can perform! I bet you are tired of Nigeria the way it is or you just want to continue on this journey to nowhere??

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 05, 2013
CyberG:

Stop pretending as though you don't know that Yar'adua's death cut short whatever "slot" the north had and that alone is enough for any fair minded person to see why the north will most likely get back in the saddle after 2015 or 2019! You cannot hold the previous years of military rule against them of course because military knows neither north or south - the ill advised coup of January 1966 is what precipitated the several years of military rule you now cry about and we all know you people are responsible for it!

I agree with you that in all fairness power should return to the north most likely in 2019. However, GEJ might hand over to someone from the MB, after all they are also northerners and Nigerians too; it must not be the hausa/fulani. And a south easterner would be set as vice president. This will ensure that somehow, power comes to the SE eventually.

Don't you think the middle-belters deserve a short at the presidency too or must it be hausa/fulani or is the MB no longer part of the north? Besides, we can hardly trust this country with the hausa/fulani for a long time especially because of all that has been happening recently in the north.

4 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by CyberG: 10:36pm On Nov 05, 2013
atlwireles:

And an undecided vote would vote for a GEJ in 2015 when his life has not changed one bit in the PAST 6 years?? Look, there is nothing wrong in making a bad decision, recognize it was a bad decision and deal with it by making a better one! Nigerians made a bad decision in 2011 and should correct it by choosing differently in 2015. What has the average Ibo gained from a GEJ president, not what a Ihejirika, Oduah, Iweala and co. have gained! Where is the Niger bridge (he wants to build it by concession, and if that ever happens it means people will be paying tolls to use it), how about the dry port in Onitsha, is it now working and ferrying millions of tons in cargo? Are all the federal roads tarred? Look, there is no point to deceive yourself, leadership, real leaders do not need a religion to be the best they can possibly be but shady politicians and people always pander to narrow interests like religion, tribalism and demonization of the opponent - that is what you are doing here!

1 Like

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Vock(m): 10:41pm On Nov 05, 2013
Dive-Bomber:

I agree with you that in all fairness power should return to the north most likely in 2019. However, GEJ might hand over to someone from the MB, after all they are also northerners and Nigerians too; it must not be the hausa/fulani. And a south easterner would be set as vice president. This will ensure that somehow, power comes to the SE eventually.

Don't you think the middle-belters deserve a short at the presidency too or must it be hausa/fulani or is the MB no longer part of the north? Besides, we can hardly trust this country with the hausa/fulani for a long time especially because of all that has been happening recently in the north.
What a f up reasoning!! must it go to the north?? I'm contented with whoever is there as long as he is working and changing the country
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by atlwireles: 10:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
CyberG:

And an undecided vote would vote for a GEJ in 2015 when his life has not changed one bit in the PAST 6 years?? Look, there is nothing wrong in making a bad decision, recognize it was a bad decision and deal with it by making a better one! Nigerians made a bad decision in 2011 and should correct it by choosing differently in 2015. What has the average Ibo gained from a GEJ president, not what a Ihejirika, Oduah, Iweala and co. have gained! Where is the Niger bridge (he wants to build it by concession, and if that ever happens it means people will be paying tolls to use it), how about the dry port in Onitsha, is it now working and ferrying millions of tons in cargo? Are all the federal roads tarred? Look, there is no point to deceive yourself, leadership, real leaders do not need a religion to be the best they can possibly be but shady politicians and people always pander to narrow interests like religion, tribalism and demonization of the opponent - that is what you are doing here!

If your life has not changed since 2007, place that blame at your own doorsteps. No government should be held liable for your inability to make progress in the last 6 years. The Niger bridge is currently under construction . Why did it take Nigeria till 2013 to start building that bridge Please tell us why the federal government refused for almost 30 yrs to invest in the east You complain about Onitsha port, as you well know the port is in the process of being concessioned. The roads in the east and across the country are better today, than they were in 2007. You sound confused and bitter, I don't know why. I have not stopped you from voting for anybody. I am only stating the needful. Besides Boko haram, show me one thing in Nigeria, that is worst than 2010, when Jonah came to power. Again I am only stating the needful.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Katsumoto: 11:04pm On Nov 05, 2013
atlwireles:

I don't like speculation, even Awo did not surpass 60% in yorubaland, talk less of fashola. The level of angst in the yoruba christian community, will be on full display come 2015.

The facts don't lie.

1979 election
Lagos – 682/828 = 82%
Ogun – 690/745 = 93%
Ondo – 1,295/1385 = 94%
Oyo – 1,198/1,396 = 86%
Kwara – 140/355 = 40%
Total – 4005/4709 = 85%

Abiola and Falae also achieved above 80% returns in the SW.

3 Likes

Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by ignis: 11:06pm On Nov 05, 2013
It's very obvious that APC has failed even before the election.
I think the best combination is FASHOLA / ROCHAS.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Katsumoto: 11:11pm On Nov 05, 2013
Why do some folks continue to mention Rochas? He has neither the leverage or record. Most in his base will vote GEJ so why carry him? What is he bringing?
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by revolt(m): 11:25pm On Nov 05, 2013
CyberG:

so its buhari or Tinubu dem thtll deliver for nwafors abi? GEj ISN'T doin bad @ all only an ediot will fink ny govt will come n perform magic for thEm! GEJ has privatised the power sector @least tht shows hw progressive he is! The fulanis need the sectors to be controlled by. Govt so they can manipulate federal xter and quota system, they can't compete in a capitalist enviromnt wth us! So jes like yaradua stalled the power privatisation, redecimalisation and etc so will buhari do same! The only way to fight corruption isn't by voting a vicious buhari in power cos buhari won't go from door to door wif audit books and whip, hell still hve to utilise the efcc n civil servants whom we all knw r corruption personified! Thts like fytn a corrupt system wif the same corrupt system! The only solution is capitalism n privatisation cos a biz man wants to mke profit n so hell focus more on filling the square holes wif square pegs! This moribund civil service must be riDden off all sectors. Wonder y yorobz hate capitalism n want to maintain the statusquo of quota system etc GEJ isn't da perfect leader but amongst the crop of leaders he's most suitable for naijas progress
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by nduchucks: 11:33pm On Nov 05, 2013
This ticket is dead on arrival.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 05, 2013
@Post,

Sometime ago, I laid bare my views on Buhari's prospective candidature, in a long running debate with Obiagelli. Most of the misgivings I expressed then, which still hold, were based on the belief that the more things change, the more they stay the same.

I will certainly give the general his fair due on any given day, but not before I consider others who are less rigid in the arena of governance.

I am convinced that if Buhari's regime had lasted any more than the 2 years it did, Nigerians would have experienced a tyranny far worse than that of Abacha. It should come as no surprise that he does not even acknowledge the excesses nor the wanton corruption which characterised the later regime.

It is one thing to clamour for a leader who can tame the scourge of corruption but quite another to knowingly embrace someone whose irredentism bubbles to the surface every so often.

Lest I be misunderstood, I accept that Buhari does posses some positive qualities which set him apart from most of his contemporaries. While I have nothing against him contributing his quota to nation building in some other capacity, it is my considered view that there has not been enough contrition or atonement to merit another shot at the Presidency.

The grounds on which General Buhari is being promoted as the alternative choice are not only shaky, but pitifully naive. History matters. Records are not kept simply to assist the weakness of memory, but to operate as guides to the future. Of course, we know that human beings change. What the claims of personality change or transformation impose on us is a rigorous inspection of the evidence, not wishful speculation or behind-the-scenes assurances. Public offence, crimes against a polity, must be answered in the public space, not in caucuses of bargaining. In Buhari, we have been offered no evidence of the sheerest prospect of change. On the contrary, all evident suggests that this is one individual who remains convinced that this is one ex-ruler that the nation cannot call to order.

Soyinka's reminder about the importance of history in 2007
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 06, 2013
With so many permutations here it looks like APC will be 'playing' a lot of baba-ijebu but i haven't seen any 2-sure.

Buhari - Amaechi (does Amaechi have enough followers in the south-south to beat an incumbent president Gej from the same region)

Buhari - Rochas (can Rochas muscle enough voters in the south east)

Buhari - Fashola (will a muslim-muslim ticket be acceptable to christians and will south east/south south support such combination)

May be APC will source its candidate from PDP like ACN did during last election cos the possibility of winning 2015 presidential election seem like a tall order for now but we can't rule out possibilities cos it politics but like I said i can't see any 2-sure for now.

Note: Gone are the days of one monolithic 'north'!
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by dayokanu(m): 12:20am On Nov 06, 2013
The best combo is still Buhari-Fashola or Buhari-Fayemi/Adeniyi Adebayo (Former EKiti governor)

Fayemi/Adebayo if the Moslem-Moslem thing is a big worry

Only an idioot would ignore his strongest base and chase after uncertainties

I would still favour Buhari Fashola

The Yorubas who hold the trump cards dont care about religion

They voted a Xtian-Xtian ticket in osun under Oyinlola-Obada and a Moslem-Moslem Abiola-Kingibe won by landslide in yorubaland
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by LadyExcellency: 12:28am On Nov 06, 2013
No one man or one group calls the shot in Nigeria.

The survival of any President in this present Nigeria depends on how he and his group navigate the porous interest groups benefiting from One Nigeria.

What made you think he can survive a civilian rule when he couldn't consolidate power as a military head of state.

I bet you, if he employs his 1983 system without recourse to NASS and the judiciary, the NASS will impeach him in his second year as civilian President.

Great countries are built on independent government institutions established through the act of NASS and empowered by the Judiciary and up till now, our NASS has refused to play along by passing relevant laws.

Just remember the NDDC with its ministry was conceived by the National Assembly who passed the bill to establish it against the will of President Obasanjo who consequently vetoed it but was override by NASS to make it a law.

Our problem is lack of credible selfless people in the Senate and House of Representatives.

Gbawe:

Ordinarily, I would agree with you but these are 'extraordinary' times for Nigeria. Nigeria is now a very aberrant nation where we witness 'madness' not seen anywhere else displayed with brazen aplomb !!! Buhari remains one of the few Nigerians who has the unflinching bravery, integrity and resolute character to dismantle the cesspit of corruption and criminal oligarchy destroying Nigeria.

Buhari, anytime and any day, is one of a very few number of Nigerians capable of totally putting AGIPS , cabals, 'interest groups' and ruinous hands out of business so Nigeria can thrive. In fact many will start making plans to head out the minute it is obvious Buhari may become the President. I do not doubt at all that Buhari can drastically change and sanitize the system in 4 years. He can then hand over to a younger protege. That is the quickest template for Nigeria's development for me
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by agabaI23(m): 3:59am On Nov 06, 2013
edo.girl:

As for Buhari, I agree he has some flaws, but I take comfort from the fact that as an experienced leader, he will know that pushing the country in one extreme direction or the other will imperil unity even further. I also know that when all is said and done, the constitution has a lot of inbult defences against a wantonly autocratic Presidency.

What entices me to Buhari is that he holds out that prospect, that hope, however small, of a Nigerian President who will genuinely fight corruption. For me, that is the most important quality I desire in the next Nigerian leader.

GEJ is painfully incapable, so he is certainly not an option for me. Sorry.
You are making a mistake if you think a leopard will change its spots. This kind of assumption is one the mistakes women make when they wanna get married to a man they know they are not compatible with. 'He has flaws but I will change him' only to start calling out 2 weeks into marriage.

Buhari is a sectional extremist and he will not change. 2011 was just 2 years ago! That year Buhari believed that the vote of a section of the country is all he needed to rule and openly disregarded a whole section. A national leader doesn't do that even when he knows he has issues. People intensify effort in opposition strongholds but the real clueless one thought it stupidity.

Hope of fighting corruption?
The corruption index of Russia is high above that of Nigeria but thats all about it. They are a world power as we speak.
And for your information you don't fight corruption by jailing the perceived corrupt individuals. You fight it by eradicating poverty from the root. This present administration is doing that even though most people will not acknowledge that.

And by the way, the president doesnt give orders to the judges to jail. The court determines who is jailed. The technical loopholes in our constitution is exploited by the lawyers to free the accused. Will the president jail them unlawfully? He will be a dictator and that kind of imprisonment was only possible in 1984 not now.

Moreso, the judicial system is overtly corrupt because the system including you is corrupt and the judges are the product of the system. You will have to sack all the judges first and replace them with ones imported from mars or heaven.

Buhari cannot function in this present dispensation.

By the way if Buhari can form an alliance with Tinubu, I will naturally question the so called hope or maybe say that it exposes him for who he is, a power monger who will do anything to get power including forming unholy alliance.

APC =Agrieved peoples congress is the association of old brigade who like chameleon are changing colours as a survival strategy in order to remain relevant politically. They still remain the PDP guys that Buhari and his friends maligned.

Who is deceiving who?
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by eye4eye: 4:06am On Nov 06, 2013
agabaI23: You are making a mistake if you think a leopard will change its spots. This kind of assumption is one the mistakes women make when they wanna get married to a man they know they are not compatible with. 'He has flaws but I will change him' only to start calling out 2 weeks into marriage.

Buhari is a sectional extremist and he will not change. 2011 was just 2 years ago! That year Buhari believed that the vote of a section of the country is all he needed to rule and openly disregarded a whole section. A national leader doesn't do that even when he knows he has issues. People intensify effort in opposition strongholds but the real clueless one thought it stupidity.

The corruption index of Russia is high above that of Nigeria but thats all about it. They are a world power as we speak.
And for your information you don't fight corruption by jailing the perceived corrupt individuals. You fight it by eradicating poverty from the root. This present administration is doing that even though most people will not acknowledge that.

And by the way, the president doesnt give orders to the judges to jail. The court determines who is jailed. The technical loopholes in our constitution is exploited by the lawyers to free the accused. Will the president jail them unlawfully? He will be a dictator and that kind of imprisonment was only possible in 1984 not now.

Moreso, the judicial system is overtly corrupt because the system including you is corrupt and the judges are the product of the system. You will have to sack all the judges first and replace them with ones imported from mars or heaven.

By the way if Buhari can form an alliance with Tinubu, I will naturally question the so called hope or maybe say that it exposes him for who he is, a power monger who will do anything to get power including forming unholy alliance.

APC =Agrieved peoples congress is the association of old brigade who like chameleon are changing colours as a survival strategy in order to remain relevant politically. They still remain the PDP guys that Buhari and his friends maligned.

Who is deceiving who?

Your mind is made up! Go ahead and vote for hopelessness and cluelessness you currently have. It is your choice. You don't do something the same way and expect a different result. If you agree with the way Nigeria and corruption is at the moment, Jonathan is your man. But if you want Nigeria and corruption to a bare minimum, then Buhari and someone else is the presidential ticket to get there.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by agabaI23(m): 4:21am On Nov 06, 2013
eye4eye:

Your mind is made up! Go ahead and vote for hopelessness and cluelessness you currently have. It is your choice. You don't do something the same way and expect a different result. If you agree with the way Nigeria and corruption is at the moment, Jonathan is your man. But if you want Nigeria and corruption to a bare minimum, then Buhari and someone else is the presidential ticket to get there.
Discredit my argument sir! Don't just tell me my mind is made up.
Re: BUHARI/ AMAECHI For 2015. Hmmm... by eye4eye: 4:47am On Nov 06, 2013
agabaI23: You are making a mistake if you think a leopard will change its spots. This kind of assumption is one the mistakes women make when they wanna get married to a man they know they are not compatible with. 'He has flaws but I will change him' only to start calling out 2 weeks into marriage.

Who is deceiving who?

Buhari is not a sentimental person as you claimed. Buhari was prevented from campaigning in many parts of the south. If you paid attention to the news, you would have seen that he was prevented from flying to some areas. Buhari drove to few places he went to campaign without police escort. Police escort is never allowed to travel with Buhari on campaign trail. Police are only allowed to be at his home alone. His campaign vehicles were just two Toyota Landcruisers. Buhari did not have enough money to travel or campaign nationwide because he had little money; unlike the PDP that is funded by corrupt politicians and Nigeria's coffer. Is there a reason why every former military generals are in PDP but Buhari has refused to join the same PDP? The reason is because Buhari is not there to steal from the country's coffer.

On corruption: you fight corruption by putting culprits in prison. You don't fight corruption by creating jobs. Corruption itself prevent job creation. China today is a less corrupt society due to harsh punishment of the country. No one is scared in Nigeria about corruption because there is no consequence for corruption. 500 billionSURE-P funds declared missing today, 117 pension fund gone without true prosecution. What about fuel subsidy scandal? Umar Farouk has walked free for his crime. Nigerians are being sent to prison for 10-15 years in prisonment for stealing phones or few thousand naira. I don't know how old are you but I do know that Buhari chased corrupt politicians around like chicken and jailed many of them. That was the last time we had corrupt practices checkmated in the last 30 years in Nigeria. You claimed the GEJ administration is fighting corruption but can you explain how many he has prosecuted in three years? Alameseigha has been pardoned by GEJ. GEJ said he doesn't give a damn about declaration of asset. GEJ has 10 presidential aircraft while citizens are suffering. GEJ is into oil bunkering. Billions of naira to militants for security of oil installations whereas we have security forces to do the job. 1 billion naira refreshment budget. 1 billion naira for newspaper budget. The list is endless..............

You claimed the president doesn't influence judges? How many court cases has EFCC initiated under GEJ. Oduah is still walking freely. Do you think what Oduah, Farook, Otedola and others would have been walking freely today if they had committed crime in China? There is something we call deterrence in criminal justice. Once the deterrence is there, people tend to stay away from committing crime.

The choice is yours! Vote for hopelessness and cluelessness or vote for change.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ekiti: PDP Confident Of Victory At The Court Of Appeal / FG Pledges Improved Welfare For Army Officers, Men / List Of Appointees Under President Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.