Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,912 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

James The Lagos Boy - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / James The Lagos Boy (8597 Views)

All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences / E-books Download: James Hardley Chase / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James The Lagos Boy by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
@tmamuda I don't get you

@emperor yes oo

@franko really awol

@smith mofe enter the place oya shi ilekun
Re: James The Lagos Boy by smithe113(m): 10:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
bros come give us update chop na
Re: James The Lagos Boy by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 18, 2013

when my dad entered my ward with three fully armed soldiers,I was afraid at the sight of the soldiers,they wore a bullet proof vest over their long sleeve military wear,the gun with them were the types of gun that you only see in tv,there was a grenade attached to their belt,'are these men going for war' I thought foolishly.

"Where is that bastard" my dad roared when he didn't see the leader and his boys after searching the room with his eyes

"He has gone sir"I replied

"God saved him"he said then set his eyes on the three men "I'm sure he would come around soon,so you guys should hang around"I was confused,and I looked at the men once more,that was when it occurred to me that they were here to deal with the leader and his boys,and I knew that the leader was a very powerful and wealthy man. I knew that if the soldiers that followed my dad as much as laid a finger on him,trouble would be unavoidable so I decided to change his mind,by this time the three soldiers have left my ward and I was alone with my dad in the ward.

"Dad,I think this is unnecessary,I don't wanna cause any kind of trouble,just tell the men to go back to wherever they came from"I pleaded in my most convincing voice

"Are you trying to tell me what to do,are you ok at all?or has the beaten you received affected your dumb brain"he shouted and me,I was suddenly scared of him and I knew I couldn't change his mind,he was too stubborn.

"Ehm....noo sir,I'm not trying to tell you what to do,I'm just trying to air my opinion"I said hoping it would make him calm down.

"Better,cos when I set my mind to..."A gunshot interrupted our conversation,it was obvious the gunshot was from the hospital compound cos the sound was too near,then I remembered the soldiers that followed my dad,they were ready for anything,maybe they've met the leaders boys and things got ugly,the thought of it sent shivers to my spine. Several gunshots were shot minutes after the first shot,my dad was already under my bed,I quickly removed the drip and joined him under the bed.just then the door to my hospital ward opened,lo and behold it was...
Re: James The Lagos Boy by Sugarbabekemi(f): 11:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ghen ghen, who? James don finish o
Re: James The Lagos Boy by Nobody: 7:28am On Dec 19, 2013
It was the leader,his arm had been shot,blood was dripping from his left hand,he staggered into my ward with a pistol in his hand,just then one of the soldiers that followed my dad came in,a tall macho man. It was like he was being chased.

"Drop your weapon"he said pointing his more enhanced gun towards him. slowly,he dropped his pistol and raised his hands up.

"Turn around"the macho soldier commanded him further,not knowing a small nail-like knife was in his hand,as he turned around slowly,he waited for the macho soldier to lose his guard just a little,when he saw that as he turned around,the macho soldier mind was already at peace,like he has won,not knowing that its not over until its over,the leader threw the knife at him just when the macho soldier thought he has won,the knife hit him and injured his abdomen and the gun he was holding fell down immediately. Then the leader ran in a zigzag manner to approach the injured macho soldier,not minding his injured arm,as he ran,blood dripped from his hands but he seemed not to care,it was probably the training he had undergone that taught him endurance. The leader got to where the macho soldier was,he was still holding his abdomen and groaning in pain,the leader picked the macho soldier well enhanced gun and pointed it towards the macho soldier.

"Who sent you?"The leader asked,by this time me and my dad were already shaking under the bed,we were watching action film live.

"Please spare me,I still have family to cater for,I have a daughter and a son"he pleaded with the leader but the leader just used the bottom of the gun to hit his head,I thought I heard his skull crack. The macho soldier rolled in pain,blood gushing out from his head

"That wasn't what I asked you,let's do this a..." He didn't finish his statement when some policemen came him,they were much,very much. I didn't even hear any siren,maybe they are actually getting smarter.

"Hands up everybody"one of the policemen instructed,the hospital staffs have probably called them when the gunshot emerged. But when he saw how calm the leader was,he told the leader that he didn't know the offence he is gonna be charged with,causing disturbance in an hospital and pointing a gun towards a soldier. He laughed and brought out his I'd card,when the police saw this he said,"General,we are sorry we didn't know it was you,we are very sorry"the policeman apologised.

"Both of you under the bed,come out"the general shouted,'so that means he knew right from time that we were under the bed' I thought to myself. My dad and I came out.

"Who are they"the policeman asked

"Just shut up,and take care of the mess here,who they are is not your business"General said angrily,he has already dropped the gun with him,when the policemen checked out the macho soldier on the floor,they said he had passed out and would be taken to the hospital,the general just nodded in approval.

"What about the mess outside"the policeman asked again

"What's the situation outside?"The general asked the policeman

"One dead soldier,two injured soldiers and one unharmed soldier"the policeman analysed,the General turned to us and said,

"You better pray that the dead soldier ain't my man"the General said before he walked out of my ward. My dad that once had confidence in himself was now shaking like a malaria patient,he was just nodding like an agama lizard,even when they've all gone,he was still nodding,I had to hit him and tell him they've gone before he stopped.

"What are you going to do now"I asked him,for some reason I wasn't that scared,maybe the beating I received recently had killed my fears. He didn't answer me,he just brought out his phone and called a number.

"It didn't go well,I need your protection now,yes,no,alright"he ended the call and said

GAME ON
Re: James The Lagos Boy by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 19, 2013
@smith I've updated twice now @kemi I've missed you oo

1 Like

Re: James The Lagos Boy by Sugarbabekemi(f): 9:33am On Dec 19, 2013
Miss u too bro, na sch work jare, wanna knw where dis story is headin cuz I think its taken anoda direction. Ride on....
Re: James The Lagos Boy by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 19, 2013
@sugarbabe which school is that? If I may ask
Re: James The Lagos Boy by Emperortj93(m): 7:00pm On Dec 19, 2013
We gat THE GAME ON jus d way i like it oooo oh
Re: James The Lagos Boy by tmamuda(m): 8:16pm On Dec 19, 2013
Good work. Read d last sentences in dat update again.
Re: James The Lagos Boy by Sugarbabekemi(f): 8:57pm On Dec 19, 2013
Folarinwazzy: @sugarbabe which school is that? If I may ask
I'm a laspotian o, wen u go update na?
Re: James The Lagos Boy by Emanuel1997: 6:10am On Dec 20, 2013
sad[sup][/sup] Xup Guy James Keep It Rolling We Are Waiting
Re: James The Lagos Boy by Trijay: 9:54am On Dec 20, 2013
All dis unfolded in a day?...#singin..double wahala 4 deadi body, n d owner of deadi body
Re: James The Lagos Boy by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 20, 2013
To say I was shocked was an understatement,this stuff wasn't one big deal like that. What was happening,just because they injured me,at least I didn't ask for retaliation, two police men were at the front of the door outside my ward. They've been instructed not to allow anybody from my ward to step out and my dad was making some discreet calls,then I heard the policemen talking to someone outside,I was curious as to know who would want to enter my ward,or was the General back,the thought of the general being back made me cold,my legs couldn't hold still,it was shaky. The squeaking sound of the door to my ward brought me back to consciousness. A tall,lanky,middle aged man walked in,he was putting on a polo shirt with a short,he wore an italian palm to suit it. When he saw my dad,he smiled,then I looked at my dad and he was also smiling. How could he smile in this situation. What's going on.

"Peter,how are you doing"my dad greeted

"I'm great,there's no time for familiarity let's get out of here"the so-called peter said,'is this man blind,didn't he see the policemen outside"I thought to myself,just like he could read my mind,he added,"I've taken care of the policemen outside,my men are in a car outside,the both of you will ride with me,we'd continued our conversation in the car"

"Aii,let's get out of here"my dad said to no one in particular

When we stepped out of my ward,the policemen weren't there anymore,no one stopped us still we got out of the hospital,I saw two cars,four soldiers were in one of the car while only one soldier,which was at the driver's seat settled in the other car and that was the car pater was headed to. We got to where the car was,peter told my dad that both of us were to seat in the back seat and he would seat in the front seat. I thought we were going to barracks straight up so I asked my dad,

"What about mom,kayode and my elder sister?"I asked my dad but peter replied

"They are already waiting for us"

"Where are we going?"I inquired further

"You'd know when we get there"there was a slight rise in his voice and I knew I couldn't ask questions anymore

We got to our destination 2 hours later,the place wasn't sited where there were many houses,it was in an unpopular place,the street could be referred to as a bush. When we entered the compound,there were about 6 soldiers there,they all greeted peter and he nodded in reply then we walked into the corridor that leads to the parlour,when we got to the parlour we were greeted by familiar faces;Kayode,mom and my sister.
Re: James The Lagos Boy by Dhortunn(m): 10:16am On Dec 20, 2013
See what Funmi has caused...
A whole family is on the run for their lives.
Re: James The Lagos Boy by smithe113(m): 9:39pm On Dec 20, 2013
Ur parents fit disown u if they know the truth behind wot caused all this
Re: James The Lagos Boy by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 21, 2013
James shouldn't have called them
Re: James The Lagos Boy by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 23, 2013
Sorry for not posting for a while...preparing for christmas and new year so I'm really busy.....still busy
Re: James The Lagos Boy by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 06, 2014
Re: James The Lagos Boy by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 10, 2014
What's up guys
Re: James The Lagos Boy by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 10, 2014
Two weeks later,after the army incidence,we successfully lived in peter's house,we all travelled without stress to uk,it was during those two weeks I discovered that peter and the General were having a beef,something that had to do with woman and position and that was why he helped us,and I also discovered that Peter was my Dad's distant cousin. My dad had succeeded in a business he was embarking on for a while now,and the business was also in uk. I was surprised that we didn't take everything from our former house only some necessary things in which Pater sent someone to go pick,everYthing was just there but I was sure my dad already has a plan.

When we got to heathrow airport in uk,it was a little crowded but the sight was splendid,a lot of beautiful white girls,I was astonished,the sight was better than that of murtala muhammed's airport,after going through all the necessary procedures,we stepped out of the airport,we were five in number. Me, my sister, my brother ,my mom and dad. When we stepped out,a car was already waiting for us,the road was extremely smooth,I saw beautiful white chicks wink,the journey from the airport to where we were going to stay was kinda long but exciting,I got see the look on my siblings face,they were also excited. When we got to our destination,the house we were going to stay was a little duplex,not too spacious but okay,it had no compound like the duplex's in Nigeria,all the houses along that particular streets also had no compound. My dad collected a key from the white man that drove us over,and gave him some dollars note,the white man left without the car and I called him back foolishly forming a fake accent;

"Yo pal,you forgot your car"I said foolishly,he looked back and walked away after smiling,my dad gave me a knock,the knock was like that of a monkey,I could fell my head dampen. A cop walked up came out of no where and walked up to him,he must have seen when he knocked me

"Goodday Sir,why are you harassing a this young man?"the white cop inquired,my dad must have forgotten he wasn't in Nigeria anymore and I could see he face was blank so I decided to take charge.

"Goodday sir,you must have gotten it all wrong,he was only patting me,maybe because you saw it from a far distant,you didn't really see what happened"I lied and my siter backed me up.

"Young man,I know what I saw"the cop said getting angry,"but wait oo,shey na your head dem knock or wetin be your own nawh"I thought to myself

"Well,he has said it all,i'd appreciate it if you let us be"my said finally said with a tone of finality,but does this man still thinks he's in Nigeria.

"Okay,I will just assume you are new and overlook this"he said and walked away. My dad gave me a 'you see what you caused' look,then we all went into the house. To my utmost surprise,the house was already furnished,then we explored the house and my explored the house and my dad nodded in satisfaction. The kitchen,warehouse and sitting room was downstairs while the rooms were upstairs,there was a 'LED' tv in the sitting room,about 42 inches but it wasn't hanged it was on a well designed shelf,the couch in the sitting room were also cream and it complimented with the colour of the cream-yellowish colour of the house,the rooms were also tastefully furnished,my mom and dad chose the master bedroom,me and kayode also chose a room,while my sister would stay in a room. I was already tired and the time there was already 6pm. I just fell on my bed and slept off.
Re: James The Lagos Boy by kolomax(m): 4:19pm On Jan 10, 2014
wow what a great write up...love ya work ama keep on following...oya let the updates keep coming
Re: James The Lagos Boy by Kaymania(m): 5:33am On Jul 29, 2014
kolomax: wow what a great write up...love ya work ama keep on following...oya let the updates keep coming

nice work
Re: James The Lagos Boy by funmercy1(f): 3:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
Oya ohhhh,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Attach A Downloadable File On My Website / Etisalat Flash Fiction 2016 Shortlist- Top 50( Nairalanders Rep us wella) / Dental Mental

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.