Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,659 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Try This Drabble With A Twist. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Try This Drabble With A Twist. (2118 Views)

A Twist In The Tale (short Story) / Diary Of A University Girl Episode 3 (A Twist In Time) / The Twist 1- A Story Of Love, Lust And Betrayal! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Try This Drabble With A Twist. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 21, 2008
ANYTHING FOR LOVE.

“Where were you last night?” Every morning for the past two months I ask the same questions and get the same response. . . Silence. It didn’t matter really, I knew the answer , the reddish brown stain on his rumpled clothes gave him away. He had gone to her.

Tina.

Things changed when she came into our lives. We went from fun loving couple to strangers walking on egg shells. I tried to be understanding and patient but it was hard having to work things. . . our plans, around Tina. She was so needy, so fragile and Joshua was happy to be her knight in Shinning amour. I couldn’t help the hate I felt. . . not just for her but for him also. He was supposed to be mine, all mine, didn’t he know that?

I wanted to say something, something that will make him see me again, see the woman he had married.

My mouth opened and the words came out

“I. . . I made you breakfast”

Hate-filled eyes turn to me. My heart broke.

“Joshua, please, let’s go back to how it was.” I begged clutching his arm in both hands “Please, Forget about her”

“I can’t!” he yelled , pulling away from me.

“You can. I can help you”

“I can’t. . . ” he paused and cleared his throat “I can’t do this anymore. . .”

“No! Don‘t say it” I begged

“I can’t pretend there’s something, when there is nothing” he continued

“ Please stop”

“Every night I go to her, I know it’s not right. . . believe me, I do. I know I should be home with my wife yet I sit there.”

He walked to the bar and grabbed a bottle of scotch, twisted the cap and drank straight from it. He stopped, wiped his mouth and looked at me.

“Do you know why?" he spat "I can’t stand to be near you. God, I hate you. I hate you for what you did to us. I hate you for making have to go there”

“I did it for us” I cried “We were dying. . . our love was dying”

“You killed our daughter, Sandra” he yelled angrily “You killed Tina. Instead of sleeping upstairs, our daughter lays in grave and I have to sit with her because she shouldn’t be alone. . . . she’s only a baby. She's. . . only. . . a. . . baby”

The sound of his sobs fill the room.

Disclaimer - This a product of my imagination and bears no resemblence to anyone living or dead. . . at least no one I know. Just wanted to put it out there
really enjoyed this sisi, keep up the good work smiley
Re: Try This Drabble With A Twist. by nanaboi(m): 7:14pm On Jul 24, 2008
@ibkaye
I asked u a question sometime on a thread about classical music and u didn't reply. Kud u try checking ur posts and perhaps try replying.

@ Sisikill
That's how it starts when it's going to work - u saying a seemingly determined "my mama (or in ur case "grandpapa") said baby be careful/ if anybody comes to say oh oh oh oh I luv u, "
Re: Try This Drabble With A Twist. by Gamine(f): 6:57pm On Jul 26, 2008
Where were you last night? She asked me, I looked at her calm but wrinkled face, there was no use lying to her, but I had to find a convincing reason. I had been with her through the night,but she still knew, how did I slip?

Alliaena were did you go?
She spoke again softly, as I struggled with my thoughts. Taebithe was my grandmother, she had been with me since my mother died giving birth to me, my father was still unknown. There was a rumor that he had been of The Hukka,beings from across the Rollcraven. As I grew up I realized I had a special ability to be in two places at one time, I had been frightened at first and told no one except Reigardt, my Lover. We both could go past the Rollcraven and spend time together free away from prying eyes and wagging tongues.

Last night we did it once more, I never realized there could be a Watcherm no one hardly thought about the rollcraven and no really cared to go past.
Alliaena, you will answer me, yes? She said for the last time,turning around to look firmly at me, her piercing green eyes, a shade that one could only find under the Lapaen waters, her dark hair contrasting sharply with her porcelain skin.

"Grantae", my special name for her. "I had been deep in thought. Im almost tweenteen now, I will be married to Reigardt soon, I just need to know my father".

My child Taebithe said, I know what your father was, and you are lying to me, she took me by the shoulders and looked deep into my silver eyes, You have the Visen, only the Visen have the silver with hair like the raven.

Alliaena, I know where you were last night, I just wanted to know if you knew I was there with you.
Re: Try This Drabble With A Twist. by HCH3COO: 7:37am On Jul 27, 2008
"Where were you last night?" They always come up with some weak thread. I was in a class in Concordia college, Yola reading for my CCNA Discovery 1 test, punk. Does that answer your question?
The last string of these thoughts still abound when my phone rings.

'Where were you last night?' she goes in a query tone.

She's not my girlfriend. I met her at the NYSC orientation camp. We had a few ordinary chats, stole a kiss a couple of times and now she asks daft questions. I drain every pleasure from my tone and demand her sanity status in an "are you ok?"
She riled me. She knows me well enough to tell she has, or maybe she's pissed me off frequently enough to detect my anger response pattern - not like I'm a robot though.

'Where are you now?' she rephrases.

That would have been a far better beginning than echoing the lame line of this dumb thread I'm replying - that is me thinking. I dismiss her quickly with the obvious lie that I would call her back. She knows. An SMS comes through half a while later that sends my grey spinning; rhythms pick up pace in both my temples and my wits pack up and skedaddle. She's just trying to get me to apologize - that's it - why else would she be pregnant? Or do babies now join forces with ladies, I mean, form when they feel their "mother" ought to punish their, no, I can't call me that, that name.

Some to-be-or-not-to-be, then I call her back later.

"I'm at your door?" I say.

For some eternity, I stay mute while she sobs. I let her accuse me in a litany of the sins of men to which she adds nothing newer than at least a thousand years old. My mind is in her womb, scanning for fetal throbs, then in her face scanning for errors in make believe - for that's what it ought to be - that's what I pray it is.

'Please, don't do this part just yet. I'm sorry, but let's be calm.' Those were not premeditated. They just flowed freely from a seething stream of anxiety only being managed.

A strong brawn comes out from the adjoining room. I don't work out, I'm not huge but he is. I try not to think about him but he is all over the place though he's standing on just one spot.
Whoa! I know that look, no, I know that face. He is in her phone photos; he is her elder brother! Hmm,
nanaboi, rotlmfpao at this. this nice righ here meihn.
Re: Try This Drabble With A Twist. by Sammy107d(m): 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2008
Where were you last night? was the question I asked myself as I slowly opened my eyes. I was struck hard with a blow of migraine as I studied my environment till I was quite sure it was not mine. I staggered up, at this time my jaws had fallen and my eyes had cleared. It was a hall of some kind. As I toured my nightmare, I could hear the echo of my breath. I looked down to see what I was wearing and looked up in a twinkle- I was ashamed at my own nudity. Realizing I had nothing on, I started to shiver, tension and indifference held tightly unto me. It felt like one of those bad Sunday mornings- except that I was calm.
        A door! I shouted in my thoughts. As I approached it, an army of footsteps did the same from the other side. Weakness gripped me. Shedding a tear, I settled in a corner and dwelt in self guilt and pity for I remembered nothing. Absolutely nothing. The footsteps stopped. The moment had come for my utter humiliation. I wiped a tear with my sweaty palms and watched the door slowly give way to something.
        I jerked up to find one of my siblings sharply tapping me in a setting I'm now familiar with. It was a real nightmare. As far as I know, it still is. She shouted "get up, church is in forty-five minutes". I leaned back on the wall and pondered upon my dream with mixed feelings of trepidation and regret.
Where was I? who where they? and why was I naked? why am I still afraid?. Well, it was just a dream so I was quick to brush it off.

My Adventist church was the usual- lackluster and over-programmed. After what seemed like days, my ordeal was over and we headed home. We all took turns to narrate how much we enjoyed the service as we drove and decided to stop for lunch somewhere. My dad stepped forward to open the door of this restaurant  that must have opened just days ago. And alas! it was that hall!. I was so overwhelmed with horror that I screamed and jumped up from the couch I was laying. Another dream? my thoughts were in a rally. It all didn't make sense. I woke up twice in a dream? am I still dreaming?,  I guess I'll just keep living a dream while I wait for my real life to begin.

Am not a writer. go easy on me embarassed
Re: Try This Drabble With A Twist. by Sisikill: 2:13pm On Jul 28, 2008
@ Ibkaye
Thank You! grin

@ Sammy107_d
Well done!

It's was very interesting. . . liked the twist and how you left it open-ended.

Welcome to the club! grin
Re: Try This Drabble With A Twist. by Sisikill: 2:33pm On Jul 28, 2008
nanaboi:

@ Sisikill
That's how it starts when it's going to work - u saying a seemingly determined "my mama (or in your case "grandpapa"wink said baby be careful/ if anybody comes to say oh oh oh oh I love u, "

Hahahahaha! That's why grandpapa gave me another advice. He said to me, he said. . .

"Sisi, my love grandpapa is gonna say something to you and I want tou to pay attention to what grandpapa says. Don't you ever become one of those who say "my grandpapa said" just to play hard to get. When you say "My grandpapa said", I want you to mean it. Do you understand what grandpapa is saying?"

So you see, I'm covered! I'm protected! I'm a lean mean love fighting Machine!!! grin

By the by, how have you been? I hope the hot sun hasn't bested you!
Re: Try This Drabble With A Twist. by nanaboi(m): 6:14pm On Jul 29, 2008
Sisikill:
By the by, how have you been? I hope the hot sun hasn't bested you!
@Sisikill
I'm not doing too badly under the sun or in the rain because that's what I signed up for when I joined the Youth Service scheme. It's part of the anthem and thankfully, it will soon be over - September @ the most.

Sisikill:

I'm a lean mean love fighting Machine!!! grin

Hmm, I guess that makes you sort of sexy. The type that would fight for her love after falling into it with a loud thud.

@ HCH3COO
Thanx.
Re: Try This Drabble With A Twist. by Sisikill: 5:05pm On Aug 05, 2008
nanaboi:

@Sisikill
I'm not doing too badly under the sun or in the rain because that's what I signed up for when I joined the Youth Service scheme. It's part of the anthem and thankfully, it will soon be over - September @ the most.

Hmm, I guess that makes you sort of sexy. T[b]he type that would fight for her love after falling into it with a loud thud.[/b]

Hmmm, a brave and romantic man! Be still my heart! grin

I'm happy to hear you are going toe to toe with our bad weather up north. Trust me, once you come out of this. . . you can face anything in the world.
Re: Try This Drabble With A Twist. by Sisikill: 5:09pm On Aug 05, 2008
FAMILY TIES

“Where were you last night?” the question stopped me in my tracks. I knew I couldn’t escape it but I didn’t think it would come this soon. I turned to find Mama standing behind me; She didn’t look angry, she looked like she had since The Letter arrived three weeks ago. . . sad. She knew where I was, no use lying to her.

“Mama. . .”

“Go wash up” She simply said and started toward the kitchen “Father Mike will be here soon” Father Mike is my mama’s older brother and he always had breakfast with us.

“Mama …”

“Adanna you are not a child anymore, I have to remember that” she smiled sadly “You are a woman now and you have a mind of you own. I just never thought it would be different from mine”

“But it isn’t Mama! It isn’t! Me going there last night. . . it wasn’t about you! It was about me Mama, Me!”

“Oh Ada, so grown but still a child”

“Mama I had to see for myself! I had to”

“See what?”

“To look into the eyes of the man who brought me to the world, only to abandon me. I had to know the man powerful enough to take a young spirited girl and break her and now she is a shadow of her former self” I was crying now “Father Mike tells me stories of you when you were young. . . “

“He shouldn’t have”

“I begged him to. He told me how happy and lively you used to be. He said. . . he said you sang like a choir of a thousand angels”

“My brother is biased” she tried to smile but only tears fell from her eyes.

“You were happy Mama. . . until he came along” I sniffed “until I came along. We ruined your life” I added quietly.

Mama’s head snapped up, her eyes hot as fire “Don’t you ever say that Ada. . . don’t you ever say that. You gave me life. I almost died when he left me. I thought I had nothing to live for until I felt you move in me. You gave me a reason to live, you gave me strength to walk with my held up high when the world mocked. You are the light of my world, Ada and I have never once regretted having you. Do you hear me?” she pulled me to her bosom, both of us crying.

“Why don’t you sing anymore mama? Father Mike says you sang when you were happy, he said it was what you did best. . . but I’ve never heard you sing”

“Oh my baby, you are what I did best and I sang to make myself happy but I don’t need to anymore. . . I have you” she pulled back and held my face in her hands “you are my best song . . . a song that never stops” and hugged me again.

I believe her. . . which is why I’ll never take him up on his offer for us to get to know each other.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Love At First Sight" By Dospix / ~~Memories Of The War Through My eyes~~ / My Days As A Senior Prefect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.