Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? (3165 Views)

Petrol Station Attendants Flaunt Buttocks As Marketing Strategy (Photos) / New Cement Price, A Marketing Strategy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 11:33am On Nov 08, 2013
mayorall:

Yes boss. What your friend pay is what you get. I use this method in the reverse direction to buy goods at cheaper price from my clients abroad.

How do you use this method in reverse direction to buy from abroad. l cant wait to know.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by mayorall(m): 12:02pm On Nov 08, 2013
jdilight:

How do you use this method in reverse direction to buy from abroad. l cant wait to know.

No wahala sha. When I get quality goods, I refer fellow importers to my seller. There will be agreement of certain % I will be getting per what my friends bought. My % is given as discount on my next order.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
mayorall:

No wahala sha. When I get quality goods, I refer fellow importers to my seller. There will be agreement of certain % I will be getting per what my friends bought. My % is given as discount on my next order.

wow, l get the big picture now. You get a discount for referring customers to the seller. Benefits are mostly in discount on previous purchase.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by Incrizz(f): 1:57pm On Nov 08, 2013
jdilight:

Bros you beat me to it. Its beginning to get exciting with everyday application of various marketing strategies many of us are applying in their businesses. please do not keep mute, share yours.
I use the broadcast feature on bbm to my advantage. I don't mean just BCing an advert to all your contacts. That's different and good too.

I write a message like,
"For all your travel needs add this PIN xxxxx"

I then ask a friend on my contact list to BC it to his/her contacts. (I also return the favour when asked.)

I did it for a friend who is not even on ma list but, is on bbm. I advertised his product and pin on my PM and updated. Right before our eyes, the invites were rolling in on his phone.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by Incrizz(f): 1:59pm On Nov 08, 2013
jdilight:

Now you beat me to it. I didn't understand him at all at first lol.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 2:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
Incrizz:
I use the broadcast feature on bbm to my advantage. I don't mean just BCing an advert to all your contacts. That's different and good too.

I write a message like,
"For all your travel needs add this PIN xxxxx"

I then ask a friend on my contact list to BC it to his/her contacts. (I also return the favour when asked.)

I did it for a friend who is not even on ma list but, is on bbm. I advertised his product and pin on my PM and updated. Right before our eyes, the invites were rolling in on his phone.

wow you guys are tiring the thick wall of marketing with your marketing innovations, this is real street marketing am proud of you guys.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 7:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
Has anyone registered any success with online marketing, if yes what was your marketing strategy.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by spicyv1(f): 11:48am On Nov 09, 2013
Nice one Jdilight wink

Delightful thread cheesy
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by Incrizz(f): 2:31pm On Nov 09, 2013
spicy v: Nice one Jdilight wink

Delightful thread cheesy
So o..what's yours? cheesy
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 3:51pm On Nov 09, 2013
l had a friend post my product on her facebook wall with her contact. For every sale made through her contact she gets a commission. ls a dead end deal because l never come in contact with her buyers though am the one that owns the product.

The picture however is getting my product to as many people as possible. ls all about awareness from my point of view.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by spicyv1(f): 6:53pm On Nov 09, 2013
Incrizz: So o..what's yours? cheesy

Well, I actually have a thread on this section and have shared my tips wink. Infact, I think that thread inspired J.D to create this one cheesy
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by spicyv1(f): 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2013
jdilight: l had a friend post my product on her facebook wall with her contact. For every sale made through her contact she gets a commission. ls a dead end deal because l never come in contact with her buyers though am the one that owns the product.

The picture however is getting my product to as many people as possible. ls all about awareness from my point of view.

I don't quite understand your angle. Is this strategy working for you? Why don't you get to meet the buyers? Is she a supplier/distributor of your product? Why can't you have your own social media marketing for your products? Are you okay with the "dead end" deal? So many questions I know, but that is how I get to know stuff cheesy
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by spicyv1(f): 7:04pm On Nov 09, 2013
jdilight: Has anyone registered any success with online marketing, if yes what was your marketing strategy.

New media marketing is not a success for every product. Really, before you start any marketing campaign, you need to understudy your demographics. Who are your customers? What age range, what is their background/level of exposure and how/where can you find them. If you are in a line of business with customers who aren't technology savvy, it would be a waste of effort to utilise new media in advertising.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by osogwu(m): 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2013
If the mountain fails to go to Mohammad,then Mohammad will go to the mountain.
I don't sit in office/store for customers to come. I take my goods/services to them
E-business,mobile business.

Gbam ! it's all about bringing yourself down since you want to make money.
people like convenient things.this strategy is tested and confirmed to be ok
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by Incrizz(f): 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
spicy v:

Well, I actually have a thread on this section and have shared my tips wink. Infact, I think that thread inspired J.D to create this one cheesy
Oh okay. So, mind posting the link to the thread or atleast drop a strategy here. I want to increase my customers wink
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by Incrizz(f): 2:22pm On Nov 10, 2013
osogwu: If the mountain fails to go to Mohammad,then Mohammad will go to the mountain.
I don't sit in office/store for customers to come. I take my goods/services to them
E-business,mobile business.

Gbam ! it's all about bringing yourself down since you want to make money.
people like convenient things.this strategy is tested and confirmed to be ok
I failed woefully at that "one-on-one" or "submission of proposals" strategy. What would you say is the magic that makes it work for you?
How do I go about it to make it work for me?
When you have decided who and where your target market is, do they just begin to buy from you simply because you have come to them?
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by Incrizz(f): 2:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
jdilight: l had a friend post my product on her facebook wall with her contact. For every sale made through her contact she gets a commission. ls a dead end deal because l never come in contact with her buyers though am the one that owns the product.

Okay..
So if I get you clearly, it would mean you do go to her from time to time to supply her your goods so people can buy from her?
Or, they come to you telling you she referred them?
Or, what..?
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by spicyv1(f): 7:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
Incrizz:
I failed woefully at that "one-on-one" or "submission of proposals" strategy. What would you say is the magic that makes it work for you?
How do I go about it to make it work for me?
When you have decided who and where your target market is, do they just begin to buy from you simply because you have come to them?

Do you have selling skills? Have you taken on any sales job(what people in Nigeria generally refer to as marketing) before?

This is why I don't understand why graduates without jobs who claim they want to be self employed in the future run away from marketing jobs! Selling skills is the number 1 skill every business owner looking to succeed MUST have.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by spicyv1(f): 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
Having said that, to answer your question:

After identifying your market, their needs and creating the solution, you must understand YOUR UNIQUE VALUE PROPOSITION! I mean, if it is an idea that already has competitors, what is the one thing or several things that makes yours stand out? What edge do you have over competition?

Know this and SELL this to your customers.

Never be afraid to approach them! Go to them and if you are as good as you sold yourself to be, they will come to you.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by spicyv1(f): 7:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
Incrizz:
Oh okay. So, mind posting the link to the thread or atleast drop a strategy here. I want to increase my customers wink

How do they post a link? Lol. Maybe you can help me? Click on my handle, my topics and you'll see the topic: CEO's Business Owners Let's Interact. smiley

Thanks.

You can also drop your line of business so we can suggest strategies that are most suited for your kind of business.

I am a gifted sales woman and I proffer divinely inspired marketing conceptswink cheesy
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by osogwu(m): 7:25pm On Nov 10, 2013
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by DrEva(m): 7:57pm On Nov 10, 2013
I also use the LIST building method, when ever I get solid product I just log on to abovesms.com and advertise. It works great for me. More Ideas pls...
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by spicyv1(f): 8:00pm On Nov 10, 2013
Dr Eva: I also use the LIST building method, when ever I get solid product I just log on to abovesms.com and advertise. It works great for me. More Ideas pls...

Kindly expatiate on this LIST method smiley
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by mayorall(m): 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
Still following.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by osogwu(m): 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
@incrizz. it depends on the type of business u are into and the way u approach your costumers.
first of all, take a visibility study of the area you want to set up your business.know your costumer
and the type of services they need. Take it to them they will appreciate it .
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 10:43pm On Nov 10, 2013
Incrizz:
Okay..
So if I get you clearly, it would mean you do go to her from time to time to supply her your goods so people can buy from her?

l would have prefer they come to me directly.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 10:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
spicy v:

You can also drop your line of business so we can suggest strategies that are most suited for your kind of business.

I am a gifted sales woman and I proffer divinely inspired marketing conceptswink cheesy

A beg give us as much offling and online marketing tips u can ma. We are waiting oooo
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 10:49pm On Nov 10, 2013
spicy v:

backing you up, abeg more on the list
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by mayorall(m): 10:49pm On Nov 10, 2013
jdilight:

l would have prefer they come to me directly.

Dont try the power of middle man. They will go any extent to advertise just to make unrisked gain. They will be glad since they are not losing anything. They didn't risk their money to do the business.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 11:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
mayorall:

Dont try the power of middle man. They will go any extent to advertise just to make unrisked gain. They will be glad since they are not losing anything. They didn't risk their money to do the business.

And they can close their end of the shot if the feel threatened.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by fflamingo(m): 11:48pm On Nov 10, 2013
How would a young entrepreneur age 20 convince customer to get service done.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by naijacutee(f): 11:51pm On Nov 10, 2013
spicy v:

I use a list for my business, but I use it in combination with other marketing and I have found that it is very good for keeping in touch with previous customers.

So, new customers who find out about my services through some other means and make contact. If they go ahead to transact successfully, trust is built. They are no longer strangers, so why spend more money to reach them? I just add them to a list (I use mailchimp.com for this, and it's free for lists of up to 2,000 subscribers). I then e-mail everyone on this list when I get any new offers, and anyone who gets tired of receiving my e-mails can unsubscribe at anytime. But I make sure I don't spam, so I have a very very low unsubscribe rate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Best Agege Bread Bakery In Lagos / Free Mini Importation Business Online Training / Mega Plaza Online Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.