Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? (3177 Views)

Petrol Station Attendants Flaunt Buttocks As Marketing Strategy (Photos) / New Cement Price, A Marketing Strategy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by osogwu(m): 12:28am On Nov 11, 2013
Just state the type of biz u are into let the successful people in the biz tell u their story.There are many biz with different marketing strategy.what workout for you in a particular biz may not work for me in the other biz.SO,WHAT BIZ ARE U INTO?
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by Incrizz(f): 7:56am On Nov 14, 2013
spicy v:

Do you have selling skills? Have you taken on any sales job(what people in Nigeria generally refer to as marketing) before?
Babes, I hate marketing especially that one-on-one because of all the effort you have to put at convincing someone to buy your product. I got a marketing job with a company that supplies Nokia sometime ago. I turned it down fast simply because it was "marketing."
How do you convince people to buy Nokia
Yes I know, there are people still using and loving Nokia.
But as for my own goods, my biz, I don't mind marketing AT ALL because I love the product. So the love just naturally drives me to market even on one-on-one basis.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by Incrizz(f): 8:01am On Nov 14, 2013
spicy v:

How do they post a link? Lol. Maybe you can help me? Click on my handle, my topics and you'll see the topic: CEO's Business Owners Let's Interact. smiley

Thanks.

You can also drop your line of business so we can suggest strategies that are most suited for your kind of business.

I am a gifted sales woman and I proffer divinely inspired marketing conceptswink cheesy
Okay if you assure me that you really do not mind and that the feeling that you're been sarcastic is not true, I'd post the link.

Divine marketing concepts whoa! Me likey..wink
Kk
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by Incrizz(f): 8:07am On Nov 14, 2013
mayorall:

Dont try the power of middle man. They will go any extent to advertise just to make unrisked gain. They will be glad since they are not losing anything. They didn't risk their money to do the business.
Real nice one.
So how can one go about getting a middle man?
Do you just walk up to some passerby and say, "hey won't you like to market my product, you're gonna gain for real?"
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by Incrizz(f): 8:13am On Nov 14, 2013
fflamingo: How would a young entrepreneur age 20 convince customer to get service done.
Have you ever sold anything? What marketing strategy worked best for you? Drop a tip please..
Back to your questionssmiley how about trying some tips dropped here? Won't they work..?
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by Incrizz(f): 8:25am On Nov 14, 2013
jdilight:

l would have prefer they come to me directly.
I still don't get cheesy
Your friend post a picture of your product on FB.
Now my question is, "when someone sees the product and is interested in buying, how do they get the product?
Do they contact your friend or; they contact you or; they contact your friend to contact you?
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by Incrizz(f): 8:30am On Nov 14, 2013
@Dr Eva @naijacutee nice one.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by leverage12(m): 9:39am On Nov 14, 2013
naijacutee:

I use a list for my business, but I use it in combination with other marketing and I have found that it is very good for keeping in touch with previous customers.

So, new customers who find out about my services through some other means and make contact. If they go ahead to transact successfully, trust is built. They are no longer strangers, so why spend more money to reach them? I just add them to a list (I use mailchimp.com for this, and it's free for lists of up to 2,000 subscribers). I then e-mail everyone on this list when I get any new offers, and anyone who gets tired of receiving my e-mails can unsubscribe at anytime. But I make sure I don't spam, so I have a very very low unsubscribe rate.
nice, I do this on my online business too.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by docchuks(m): 7:59am On Nov 20, 2013
In formulating business strategy to close the performance gap, the company will be looking for opportunities to enjoy synergy.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by inforesource: 8:55am On Nov 20, 2013
Do you have a good number of contacts on your bbm? Do you have products/services you want to advertise to your bbm contacts? I will design a flash display of at least, 5 products/services on one single bbm picture display. Contact me on Whatsapp. A good strategy I use personally n it works great.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by spicyv1(f): 2:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
inforesource: Do you have a good number of contacts on your bbm? Do you have products/services you want to advertise to your bbm contacts? I will design a flash display of at least, 5 products/services on one single bbm picture display. Contact me on Whatsapp. A good strategy I use personally n it works great.

Great idea

@Naijacutee: thanks. Nice one smiley

fflamingo: How would a young entrepreneur age 20 convince customer to get service done.

Why is the age the focus here? If you have the skills required to provide exceptional service, then sell your abilities.

20 aint that young, I was through with the University at that age and ready to take over the world. Lol wink

Infact, these days, your "young" age can work to your advantage especially if you are skilled and portray an exceptional personality.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by victor08(m): 2:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
The best is using sales copy- advertise it, drive traffic to it. Then build a list after you can contact them to build your amazing product!
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by Emmy9ite(m): 6:13pm On Nov 20, 2013
I've used so many methods, from mouth to mouth, to sending of bulk sms, to adverts. I think getting referrals from your existing customers. works like magic.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by jdilight(m): 6:22pm On Nov 24, 2013
victor08: The best is using sales copy- advertise it, drive traffic to it. Then build a list after you can contact them to build your amazing product!

Abeg teach a learner, what is sales copy -advert?
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by enoone7: 8:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
Thank you all for all the infor cause they help me out as an online marketing beginner
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by Nduwin(f): 10:25am On Jul 08, 2014
naijacutee: This is NOT an invite for unsolicited ads, and anyone who does that would be banned. But do unsolicited SMS messages work? Has any business being transformed by customer interest, but just sending out random SMS messages to unknown people? I ask because a lot of businesses seem to be buying/pushing the service, but all I hear from the consumer side is complaints regarding unsolicited messages. Is it that businesses are not listening to their customers, or are we used to pressing on without adjusting marketing strategy to available results?
yes it works well when u hv a specific target, its not just to send sms at random but take out time to get d contact numbers of ur targeted customers then u send them a customized SMS.that was what I did when I kick started my biz and that's what am still doing and I am happy at d responses I get from it,I run a biz that only water factories needs my products and services so I took d pains of going out on d streets to pick empty sachets of pure water & bottles from companies within my target environment, I compiled my list,then I sent them my customized SMS and they do respond to it because they needed my products, some of them will even call to find out how I got their contacts etc.it works when u hv a specific target not just to anybody.Note: that's for offline biz
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by victor08(m): 9:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
Have a target audience....sell Hard to them.
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by franzis(m): 12:56am On Jul 16, 2014
I put up ads on every classified ads site and online marketplace(konga,kaymu,kiramu,ekoslist,mobofree,olx,tradestable,second,nairaland etc) you could think of,though stressful but its worth.. I setup a facebook/twitter business page on which I drops links to products I advertise on online stores,also post products links on my fb friends wall..here are some of my store links: www.kaymu.com.ng/seller/franzis , /bestprice ,www.facebook.com/bestpricenigeria , www.opiid.com/bestprices ,www.twitter.com/bestpriceng and there is one big marketing secret I would keep for now cuz I haven't tried it yet,but when I do will drop it here
Re: What Is Your Best Marketing Strategy? by DrEva(m): 1:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
It is almost 9 years guys, any new development?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need A 100,000 Naira Loan Urgently. (To be paid back with interest) / Change: Prices Of Food Items Are Changing! / Volatility Persists As Stock Market Plunges Further By 0.24%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.