Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,222 members, 7,836,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off (27295 Views)

Nigeria Warns North Korea Over Ballistic Missile Test & Nigerians React (pics) / Goa Minister Apologizes For Cancer Comment On Nigerians / Nigeria Warns Kenya Over Deportation Of Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Ninilowo(m): 7:40pm On Nov 07, 2013
Send dem away joor. Na dem dey make landlord increase rent for sango ota.
Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by EKONGKING: 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2013
Many posters have talked about hitting Indians in nigeria or worse killing them i can understand them as they talking about it in anger.
But what i cannot understand is DIPLOMAT talking like a common man saying there r 1 million indian in nigeria u should worry about their life stuff such as that . No diplomat talks stuff like that the closet i have seen is iran diplomats threatening isreal.
Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by daylae(m): 7:44pm On Nov 07, 2013
it truly a bad timing to repatriate,when in the heat of the crisis.
Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by femogbangba: 7:46pm On Nov 07, 2013
solomon111: And what's so special about BRICS?
Nigeria is strongly allied to all those countries.
We would have been invited to join them long ago if not for GEJ unnecessary frollicking with the WEST.

Are you sure you know what you are talking about Solo?

Membership of BRICS is not by invitation. It represents countries that are rapidly developing economically and transforming their economies to compete with the G7 (Advanced economies). Nigeria is 20 years behind those countries in most parameters.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Dbboy(m): 7:48pm On Nov 07, 2013
I don't hate india but if they're to be deported it would be a good thing for me and many business men and would be less competition from them and more money to me so let the deportation begin.
Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:50pm On Nov 07, 2013
LADEMINUS:

When will kids stay off sensitive topics? :/ see this one saying nigeria will engage India, a BRIC nation, in diplomatic war. While I am very patriotic, Nigeria would still do well to know her limits. That said, the killing must be well investigated and those found guilty punished!
Don't mind him. Some people just come to NL to say rubbish. Nigeria can't even engage SA, the only African country in BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and SA).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by LivingSoul34: 7:51pm On Nov 07, 2013
nnocurruption: What are u guys blabbing about India this India that when Nigerians don't even respect each other

Nigerians burn themselves alive in the name of stealing aka oleh

Nigerians "boko haram" kill people at least every week

Nigerian politicians use Nigerians for rituals

Nigerian police kill Nigerians in almost every protest or in any little argument

Nigerians value foreigners than their own citizens

Nigerian government do not care about its citizens

Not to talk of the tribal/state of origin racism we do here in Nigeria

So until we learn to value and respect ourselves no one will PEACE..........

That is not the issue here neither is it a licence for any body to kill any Nigerian any where... Every country has its internal problem which the handle internally so the fact that we have our disagreements and tribal bigotry here in Nigeria ( which i don't like) does not stop us from speaking against the maltreatment of Nigerians in other countries... Several foreigners in Nigeria have wars, hates, rivalries etc going on in their home counties but Nigerians are not capitalizing on that to maltreat them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by nextdoor84(m): 7:53pm On Nov 07, 2013
I was saddened after i read this...Who are we to blame for all this predicament befalling Nigeria..Even barbaric indians!!
We are now stooge to every nation.may the labour of our heroes past never be in vain so help us God!
Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Howmanage: 7:53pm On Nov 07, 2013
yelsew80: The Nigerian community in India is feeling "aggrieved" after one of its citizens was killed in Goa, Nigeria's high commissioner has told the BBC. Ndubuisi Vitus Amaku said the resort state's subsequent order to deport Nigerians living illegally there was like "rubbing salt on their wounds". Meanwhile, police in Goa have made the first arrest in the murder case. Police blamed the killing on rivalry between local and Nigerian drug traffickers, and Goa's Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar asked the police to track down Nigerians living illegally in the state and deport them.

There are about 40,000 Nigerians living in India and Mr Amaku says he is concerned about the safety of his people.
"Indians need to understand that a large number of Nigerians are living legally in India and even if some are living illegally, there are laws in place to deal with that and those should be implemented," Mr Amaku told BBC Hindi's Divya Arya.

He criticised the Goan authorities for plans to deport those living illegally in India.
"If Nigerians are living illegally you don't wait till their compatriot is murdered before you go around picking them up and threatening them with deportation - that is like rubbing salt on their wounds."

Earlier in the week, another Nigerian diplomat had warned of repercussions against Indians living in Nigeria if Goa did not stop "evicting Nigerians" from the state and failed to arrest the killers.
More than 800,000 Indians live in Nigeria and they own approximately 100,000 businesses there.
Mr Amaku said the official's statement was made in the context of the murder and that he felt "aggrieved" like all other members of the Nigerian community.

Indian foreign ministry spokesman Syed Akbaruddin said he was sure that the row could be settled "amicably".
"We have been assured that the investigation (into the murder) is under way," news agency AFP quoted him as saying.

bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-24835058
. Oya oya India must go!
Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by ocelot2006(m): 7:55pm On Nov 07, 2013
R2bees: 800,000 indians in Nigeria??

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by tosin2013: 7:56pm On Nov 07, 2013
LADEMINUS:

When will kids stay off sensitive topics? :/ see this one saying nigeria will engage India, a BRIC nation, in diplomatic war. While I am very patriotic, Nigeria would still do well to know her limits. That said, the killing must be well investigated and those found guilty punished!

Abeg ur d one mixing things up. Yes if Nigeria engages India in a diplomatic war, they stand to lose more. Far more. Its ppl like u DAT allow naija to be rubbished even here under our very nose.
Anyone engaging in crime or vice shed be sanctioned but for leading party figures in d calibre of a senior Indian minister liking Nigerian s to cancer is outrageous!!
It deserves d ambassador to be recalled, and apology demanded. Not to talk of d Nigerian murdered!?

Bros park well joor, make we see front.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by solomon111(m): 7:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
femogbangba:

Are you sure you know what you are talking about Solo?

Membership of BRICS is not by invitation. It represents countries that are rapidly developing economically and transforming their economies to compete with the G7 (Advanced economies). Nigeria is 20 years behind those countries in most parameters.
And Nigeria is not rapidly developing economically?
There are already indications that Nigeria has surpassed southafrica economically.
If india the filthiest country on earth,a nation where over 500million are in extreme poverty can be a member of BRICS,then i don't see the big deal.
And yes,membership is by invitation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by owolabifunke14(f): 7:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
Castos: I can't believe you're a girl, why nurturing jungle justice in your mind. I wouldn't like to come across you lady.
This is a semi war situation dude.If you are not man enough to defend your country please hide your face in shame. Isreali defence minister when they fought with their neigbours 5 years ago was a woman. Let's not forget our own female defence minister here. As for coming across me,I do not pray to come across a man with only joystick power,man that runs under the bed at little unrest. My man must protect me with everything he got .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by funlover1(m): 7:59pm On Nov 07, 2013
The Nigerian government may have started retaliatig afterall. I was at somotex(a notable indian company in ojota) today for a meeting and was stunned when leaving their premises to see several gun-totting SSS guys who have laid siege on the premises,they held everyone hostage for several hours,at a point Rotimi Akeredolu (ACN's gubernatorial candidate in ondo's last election)came around with his team to intervene as their company lawyer.They later left with about 7 or more indians to their office I believe. The offence was that they are living/working illegally in Nigeria. They will most probably be deported.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by solomon111(m): 8:00pm On Nov 07, 2013
owolabifunke14: This is a semi war situation dude.If you are not man enough to defend your country please hide your face in shame. Isreali defence minister when they fought with their neigbours 5 years ago was a woman. Let's not forget our own female defence minister here. As for coming across me,I do not pray to come across a man with only joystick power,man that runs under the bed at little unrest. My man must protect me with everything he got .
lol.
Nigeria's own joan of arc.
I feel you jare.
Our men are cowards.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 07, 2013
Hmm
Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Sukosam(m): 8:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
EKONGKING: Many posters have talked about hitting Indians in nigeria or worse killing them i can understand them as they talking about it in anger.
But what i cannot understand is DIPLOMAT talking like a common man saying there r 1 million indian in nigeria u should worry about their life stuff such as that . No diplomat talks stuff like that the closet i have seen is iran diplomats threatening isreal.
ode

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by solomon111(m): 8:03pm On Nov 07, 2013
fun lover: The Nigerian government may have started retaliatig afterall. I was at somotex(a notable indian company in ojota) today for a meeting and was stunned when leaving their premises to see several gun-totting SSS guys who have laid siege on the premises,they held everyone hostage for several hours,at a point Rotimi Akeredolu (ACN's gubernatorial candidate in ondo's last election)came around with his team to intervene as their company lawyer.They later left with about 7 or more indians to their office I believe. The offence was that they are living/working illegally in Nigeria. They will most probably be deported.
I also heard from a friend that SSS have begun arresting indians.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Zammydagreat(m): 8:04pm On Nov 07, 2013
Time to clean my mp5 sub machine gun and my ak-47 with extended mag....if they want war let's take dem to war

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by samilo88(m): 8:05pm On Nov 07, 2013
Has the lynching of Indians started? Someone should please inform me when the project kicks off cos those idiats full my street.
Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by snakova(m): 8:06pm On Nov 07, 2013
solomon111: And Nigeria is not rapidly developing economically?
There are already indications that Nigeria has surpassed southafrica economically.
If india the filthiest country on earth,a nation where over 500million are in extreme poverty can be a member of BRICS,then i don't see the big deal.
And yes,membership is by invitation.
wat r u high on?
Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by solomon111(m): 8:09pm On Nov 07, 2013
snakova:
wat r u high on?
Your reply to my post is "wat r u high on"?
I admire your intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by ocheejemb: 8:13pm On Nov 07, 2013
kane45: Our leaders are to be blamed for this shame. If the economy is in good shape and our youth and our youth are gainfully employed, they won't go over there to constitute nusiance. The grass ain't always green over the fense and our govt should take every necessary step to protect the integrity of nigerians both at home and aboard. In d case where nigerians are without valid visas, let them come back home and the indians also deported back to their country btw they will be d one to loss because they are more indians in Nigeria than nigerians over there.

Yes o, always blame the leaders and then leave it to God after.
Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by ocheejemb: 8:16pm On Nov 07, 2013
"More than 800,000 Indians live in Nigeria and they own approximately 100,000 businesses there.
Mr Amaku said the official's statement was made in the context of the murder and that he felt "aggrieved" like all other members of the Nigerian community."

Who will lose out if 800,000 Indian business-owners and employers of labour pack-up and leave Nigeria vs a few Nigerian drug dealers, students and medical tourists?
Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 07, 2013
oche_ejemb:

Yes o, always blame the leaders and then leave it to God after.

LMAO....I don't even know what to say regarding this whole saga.....
Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Litmus: 8:17pm On Nov 07, 2013
It would be horrible and unlike our ways to resort to the sort of barbarism Indians are showing the world if we retaliated against Indians in Nigeria because those people did nothing wrong. What we should instead do is slowly favor other nations like China, Brazil etc when looking for investment or handing out contracts. Indians generally mean black people no good, it is unfortunate but how it is and we shouldn't waste time on them.

Although, it goes without stating that we are no better than the world and if we find that nations officially levy restrictions on our citizens we should do the same to their citizens. I mean such as taxes, visa, restriction of movement, and all that malachy...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Morgan1092(m): 8:18pm On Nov 07, 2013
kane45: Our leaders are to be blamed for this shame. If the economy is in good shape and our youth and our youth are gainfully employed, they won't go over there to constitute nusiance. The grass ain't always green over the fense and our govt should take every necessary step to protect the integrity of nigerians both at home and aboard. In d case where nigerians are without valid visas, let them come back home and the indians also deported back to their country btw they will be d one to loss because they are more indians in Nigeria than nigerians over there.
U will surely mek a bad leader, if d only tin u know is blaming ur leaders 4 every bad tin.
Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Sagamite(m): 8:18pm On Nov 07, 2013
alala dakosta: 800,000 k indians , and we still call it Nigeria? INDegeria will be fine.

Absolutely moronically rubbish statistics pulled from the arsse by the moronic diplomat.

Even the UK where Asians are virtually everywhere cannot claim more than 3.5m Indo-Asians.

Even African countries (like SA, Kenya and Uganda) that have a long history of Indo-Asians living in them cannot claim up more than 1m Indians.

It is Nigeria where an Indian is still seen as a rare sight of Oyinbo that has 800K Indians.

I wonder how many Indians a Lagos resident can even claim to see each day they go out. If you have 800K Indians, you will see one everyday in the major cities.

Utter rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by collynzo2(m): 8:18pm On Nov 07, 2013
7% of Nairaland's traffic come from India, that is the second highest behind Nigeria. I guess a lot of the Nigerians in India are here on Nairaland.
Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 07, 2013
Hmmmm... Is anybody aware dat dis ish is di-pl-om-at-ic nd as such we should suggest, speak nd act wit caution Plz dnt b al in a hurry 2 scream tit 4 tat nd *in xerxes voice* KILL DEM ALL!! Letz rememba dat war is only pleasant 2 dose who av nt xperiencd it.. He who beats d drums of war, may not live 2 eat d spoils of d war, nd finally let him who puts on his armour not boast lyk he who takes it off... 9ja take am easy!!
Re: Nigeria Warns India Of "Repercussions" Over Goa Face-Off by MillionDollars: 8:26pm On Nov 07, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nasir El-Rufai At The Inauguration Of Kayode Fayemi In Ado Ekiti (Photos) / Peter Obi Meets Prince Charles / Governor Obiano Orders Anambra Tailors To Produce Three Million Face Masks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.