Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,048 members, 7,953,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:43 AM

Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware (20512 Views)

NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles / Fake St. Louis Sugar In Circulation , Nafdac Warns / Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by JoyNHope(f): 7:36pm On Nov 07, 2013
Hello people,

Below is an email I received yesterday from a friend who works in the same office as the person whose daughter fell really sick after drinking the contaminated fruit juice. Seeing is believing!
This is not the first time it will happen. About 4 months ago, a concerned mother posted pictures on Facebook of Caprisonne containing a slimy green substance which she had been lucky to see before her son consumed it. There was an uproar then on Facebook with people promising thunder and brimstone but we have no idea what steps were actually taken.

This time around, I'm aware that NAFDAC has been contacted and they've requested for a formal complaint. In the meantime, please closely monitor what your children consume. And bear in mind that the manufacturers of Caprisonne make a whole range of products including juice for adults (which almost always give me an upset tummy). I have not intention of running anyone down or killing anyone's business but we should insist on globally acceptable standards and protect ourselves and our children.

I'm new to Nairaland and not a very techie person so I'm not sure how to upload pictures but I will try.

Peace!

THE EMAIL:

Two Sundays ago, my second child was ill and taken to the hospital for treatment, she stayed home during the week afterwards to properly recover. Last Friday, she asked for one of the packet juice Capri Sonne we had at home purchased from a Major supermarket (please note that this shop has huge customer base so no risk of stock having overstayed). On taking the juice, she started to complain of tummy ache and almost immediately started to vomit without finishing the drink. My nanny took the packet away from her and noticed some black stuff on the straw and proceeded to cut open the packet. Her observation was that the juice appeared whitish with an off look from what the juice should normally look like.

We immediately kept the remaining packets left in the carton away and as soon as I got home from work yesterday, proceeded to cut open all the rest left in the carton, the attached pictures tell the rest of the story. Bottom line for me is are the following:

· with immediate effect no more packet juice for my kids, water and fruits to school is just fine along with their lunch.

· Checking expiry date is no longer a guarantee of safe food any longer, the carton and each individual packs had June 2014 as the expiry date

Please let us pay more attention to what our kids eat and drink either imported or made in Nigeria, let us send messages to their school either via text message to their class teachers or via their home work diaries to instruct what and what not should be given to our kids in school because this particular drink became a favourite for my kids due to party pack from school etc, because if we don’t things that we don’t normally give to our kids may be shared at school for them to consume.

My daughter is fine now, the vomiting stopped Friday night and we all went back to the hospital for further review the following Saturday. It could have been worse but for God!!!

3 Likes

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by JoyNHope(f): 7:38pm On Nov 07, 2013
Another picture

1 Like

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by JoyNHope(f): 7:38pm On Nov 07, 2013
Another picture:

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by JoyNHope(f): 7:40pm On Nov 07, 2013
Another picture

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by JoyNHope(f): 7:42pm On Nov 07, 2013
Last picture. I'm sorry for the huge size. If someone can help to re-size, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by ona2: 7:47pm On Nov 07, 2013
God save our children. Last time it was my pikin teething mixture.
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by Akshow: 7:49pm On Nov 07, 2013
This is serious o. My niece's lunch pack is not complete without one of this . Where are d mods to move this to d front page so people can be careful about taking it.
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by Osama10(m): 8:03pm On Nov 07, 2013
Na wa oh we are finished in this country oh.
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by Heliesha: 8:25pm On Nov 07, 2013
hmmmm, abba!!! dey want to kill children who havent even tasted life itself.when i tell people to take zobo and kunu they say am not of the modern age now you see.let everybody now lock up no juice from chi company again we are going back to zobo kunu days except you 're planning on going for a lawsuit against the company after one of your family member dies as a result of the poison.
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by EagleNest(m): 8:54pm On Nov 07, 2013
People have to be very careful...Nigeria regulatory system and standard is very poor. That's why there are so many imitations and half-baked products.
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by solomon111(m): 10:48pm On Nov 07, 2013
Smh.
Nigerians are just too criminal.
Even the FDA would have a hard time dealing with this menance in Nigeria.
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by babe01: 8:05am On Nov 08, 2013
shocked shocked shocked ewooo i just bought the full pack for my baby yesterday shocked. nigeria with fake things, this kids are just too young na.

1 Like

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by alotofgrace(m): 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2013
only one thing on ma mind....just like indomie, caprisome wants to be popular through poisoned consumeables....
now pple wey never hia caprisome b4 go hia nw
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by anthoniosp(m): 12:48pm On Nov 08, 2013
one mumu go con write 1st to comment... sha back 2 d matter...una never stop to dey take all dis colour colour?? wetin go do una if una buy N50 orange ..or rather oda frm village?? den use am take do ur own juice put am for fridge?? .. .. for dos affected sorry nd for dos wer never buy yet..go buy fruits.. if u like drink natural orang juice from now tin nxt year.. e no dey do ur body anytin ( i no knw if na true ooh) ... bt e beta pass dis dia water..sugar nd colour...
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 08, 2013
hw are yu new? since 2012
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by anthoniosp(m): 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2013
alotofgrace: .
yeso na d style b dat
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by Ruq: 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2013
Is that not tea bag in one of'em Aaah aaaah aaaah!! Aye

3 Likes

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by ebamma(m): 12:50pm On Nov 08, 2013
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by gen2briz(m): 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2013
NAFDAC no go see this one now..........na ASUU issue them go they pokenose
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by skyscraperTM(m): 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
Thanks for sharing. But here in the sky we don't drink caprisonne, we have drinks like sky-juice, sky-soda, sky-mineral, airborne-special, cloud-drink etc.. Be my skylady lemme take you to the sky, my esteemed abode. grin
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by Gwekzy: 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
Photoshoped

1 Like

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
Na wa o, that factory ought to be closed and with such evidence, a N500 million suit should be filled.
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by Goldenheart(m): 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
not again
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by Jobig(m): 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
this may not be the real product,too many fake products in circulation.once Aba bois take eye see say it is moving,fake follows.coca cola,star beer,guilder beer,stout,peak,lacasera etc all have fake.buy from your trusted customer.

2 Likes

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by SUBMARINE: 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2013
@OP Allow NAFDAC to do their job. The title of ur post can cause the company loss of profit which will be painful if your info is found to be untrue.
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by kekakuz(m): 12:58pm On Nov 08, 2013
ibo people
nawooooo
they can fake anything
even their own death

4 Likes

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2013
I've also fallen a victim of drinking contaminated juice too with slimy sticky substance inside of it...the worst part is that I and my mum have almost finished consuming it before I noticed it....but thank God nothing happened to us....

Pls those in-charge of such products should be carefull of what they seal for people to drink
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by U235weapongrade: 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2013
gen2briz: Ndlea no go see this one now..........na ASUU issue them go they pokenose

Did u say NDLEA? My friend modify ur comment ASAP
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by silentp1: 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2013
May god save us o
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by victorv12(m): 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2013
Nigeria is a very funny country. That juice is mostly consumed by kids. Nigeria, anything goes! I learnt they're selling fake toothpaste and petrol too. Na wa ooo!
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by fattbabakay(m): 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2013
Wetin be ma ownafterall na KUNU I dey take!!!***continues wit d SKELEWU dance***...ASUU OMM#

1 Like

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by kingthreat(m): 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
NAFDAC deal with this big fish immadiately. This is homicidal.

I remember once, I drank a bottle of 50cl coke. While drinking towards the end I noticed some black clogged particles. Ran to the bathroom to purge myself of it as much as possible and said my prayers against any consequence from drinking. Felt bad, I actually paid money to drink hazard. We really need to be careful. That's why I prefer natural fuit juice anytime even if it's expensive, it's worth it health-wise and hygience-wise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Make Chapman? / Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost / How Is Ofe Nsala And Banga Soup Prepared.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.