Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,986 members, 7,835,302 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware (20388 Views)

NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles / Fake St. Louis Sugar In Circulation , Nafdac Warns / Contaminated Water Causes Scare In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by anthoniosp(m): 3:25pm On Nov 08, 2013
d reason wer dey create thread una dn deviate frm am..na to dey insult full una mouth..dis one dey say fool..anoda one dey shout ur papa..see d babe dey hala one bros.. nd one oloriburuku go con insult me now..

1 Like

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by Myself2(m): 3:27pm On Nov 08, 2013
Could this be a demarketing prank by one of their rivals,just the way Dan---- was fingered to have attempted to demarket indomie noodles some years back??

1 Like

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by nerodenero: 3:28pm On Nov 08, 2013
manjiggy:

That's not true. The owner is dead.
I don't know how true your claim is. All I know is that people from My pikin stood trials and were given minimal sentence for the killer drug.
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by 9inches(m): 3:35pm On Nov 08, 2013
phayvorr: I've also fallen a victim of drinking contaminated juice too with slimy sticky substance inside of it...

Me too! Mine was a from a bottle of malt (can't recall the brand)
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by 2busy: 3:40pm On Nov 08, 2013
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by bong4(m): 3:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
is it only caprisone? Even Bama mayonnaise is being faked by one kings something company. I'l soon tell my story with pics to show. God save us.
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by gen2briz(m): 3:52pm On Nov 08, 2013
U235weapongrade:

Did u say NDLEA? My friend modify ur comment ASAP

Done thanks
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by megainvest: 4:40pm On Nov 08, 2013
I have observed this twice with caprisonne but in both cases, I also noticed the packs had small leaks. I then experimented with one which I purposely left open for about 3 days. I also noticed the black "yeast-like" substance growing. My conclusion at the time was that the contamination was due to poor sealing.

My advice is before taking any pack of juice, squeeze a little to check for leaks and also observe for ants around the body.

1 Like

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by otokx(m): 4:44pm On Nov 08, 2013
Water still remains the best drink in the world.

1 Like

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by OMORIHI(f): 5:00pm On Nov 08, 2013
Oh my GOD! angryOh my GOD!
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by bioye(m): 5:26pm On Nov 08, 2013
Had a similar experience earlier this week.
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 08, 2013
We have lots of fake products everywhere now. Parents should try to buy from trusted distributors only.
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by kunlesehan(m): 5:33pm On Nov 08, 2013
kekakuz: ibo people
nawooooo
they can fake anything
even their own death
stop being childish

1 Like

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by texazzpete(m): 6:03pm On Nov 08, 2013
Myself2: Could this be a demarketing prank by one of their rivals,just the way Dan---- was fingered to have attempted to demarket indomie noodles some years back??

Short answer? No.
The email is legit.
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by auntiemama: 7:00pm On Nov 08, 2013
Please do not spoil the name of a reputable company. you people should stop spreading rumors. the company is very big and makes wonderful products which brings joy to millions everyday.
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by auntiemama: 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2013
I have been giving my children this product for years. Even today i have given them the product. This is our country's biggest problem. Use bad word of mouth to spoil the hard work of several years. The images cannot be true for the simple reason that such big chunks of organic matter will never develop. Clearly a fraud and the imagination of wicked people.
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by JoyNHope(f): 7:34pm On Nov 08, 2013
mrsincredible: hw are yu new? since 2012

I opened an account in 2012 but I have never posted anything - not even a comment until this particular post. I hope that explains it.
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by chacha3(f): 7:37pm On Nov 08, 2013
Just open one out of d caprisonme carton in d houz but its ok,hmmmm I dnt knw wat to think but this is not funny. My baby likes caprisonme more than anytin,she calls it capitan. This is so discouraging.
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by JoyNHope(f): 7:38pm On Nov 08, 2013
auntie mama: Please do not spoil the name of a reputable company. you people should stop spreading rumors. the company is very big and makes wonderful products which brings joy to millions everyday.

I agree with everything you've said except the part about spoiling the name of a reputable company. That has never been the idea behind this post. Its not really their fault anyway. If NAFDAC and SON were to actually do the job they are meant to do, they would ensure that consumables are prepared and packaged properly.

As a mother of young children who love caprisonne, I'm just very worried that there might be a lot of contaminated caprisonne in circulation that could end up making lots of children sick. That's all!

1 Like

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by chacha3(f): 7:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
sissy_ijebu: We have lots of fake products everywhere now. Parents should try to buy from trusted distributors only.
. You are right my dear,may God help us because some of these things our children can hardly do without. Its so disturbing.
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 08, 2013
Where are †ђε food technologists in †ђε house? I'm waiting..

Let's discuss.. This is one of †ђε food safety issues we face in †ђε food industry. This could be due to one or more of these:

Improper food handling leading to mould growth such as this..

Improper CIP..

Damaged packaging material..

Damage to package in transit during distribution

Failure on †ђε part of †ђε QA to track †ђε non-conformity..

And a host of others..

QA department in our food industries should wake up to their responsibilities and ensure †ђε safety of the lives of †ђε consumers..
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by howfarwhatagwan: 8:38pm On Nov 08, 2013
NAFDAC needs to move fast get a sample of the batch carry out analysis determine the source of contamination. In the meantime the company needs to recall this batch as quickly as possible. We really need to have strict food regulations
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by Justeenaleo(f): 9:44pm On Nov 08, 2013
nawooooo
they can fake anything
even their own death
dumb mu'erfacker deviating frm d topic,take ur A55 to d politics section,dis is food anu mpama
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by Justeenaleo(f): 9:46pm On Nov 08, 2013
Segeggs: and na them go dey sell am for lagos traffic, later some fools go say na dem dey run lagos IKORNORMEE.
shey na dem dey produce am...ur own na serious IBI hold u
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by Tusk: 10:17pm On Nov 08, 2013
The wide spread contaminated caprison drink is very true. My little girl took one to school and she was purging all day,bad enough is that I presently have 2 cartoons of the drink for my daughter for a month plus. NAFDAC should pls get going to ensure this doesn't spread further. God help Nigeria!
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by eluquenson(m): 11:42pm On Nov 08, 2013
nawooooo
they can fake anything
even their own death

LMAO grin cheesy
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
auntie mama: I have been giving my children this product for years. Even today i have given them the product. This is our country's biggest problem. Use bad word of mouth to spoil the hard work of several years. The images cannot be true for the simple reason that such big chunks of organic matter will never develop. Clearly a fraud and the imagination of wicked people.

You are a mother and i expect u to think this true before you comment..so many people have complained about similar experiences and u are here saying that it is mere imaginations of some people..i advise u take note of this thread and be mindful of what u give ur kids make one day no come and na had i known go be the statement of the day.

2 Likes

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by mbulela: 9:29am On Nov 09, 2013
Caprisonne has been contaminated for years.
About three years ago it was banned from my kid's school.
NAFDAC are sleeping on duty.

2 Likes

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by mbenwari: 1:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
[quote author=auntie mama]I have been giving my children this product for years. Even today i have given them the product. This is our country's biggest problem. Use bad word of mouth to spoil the hard work of several years. The images cannot be true for the simple reason that such big chunks of organic matter will never develop. Clearly a fraud and the imagination of wicked people.[/quote

Madam,large moulds don't just drop into drinks like dat they "GROW"
Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by megainvest: 1:32pm On Nov 09, 2013
I just got a text message from Capri Sonne apparently to address this issue. I guess this thread has made an impact and hopefully, they will sit up.

1 Like

Re: Contaminated Caprisonne Juice Is In Circulation - Beware by iamdsam: 2:36pm On Nov 09, 2013
Lately, I've been having great fear when buying packed food stuffs in Nigeria. It's like NAFDAC isn't doing enough work to curb cases like this. Sometimes I do wonder if issuing of expiring dates which I believe to be fake most times is the only work of NAFDAC. I think NAFDAC is another corrupt agency whom would only act when you refuse to play well with them (take bribe). This country needs an overhauling

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Do I Make Chapman? / Three Crowns ‘Jara’ Campaign Elevates Care For Mums / Get A Nafdac Reg Number For Your Small Scale Food Products In One Month.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.