Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark (20581 Views)

See The Different Headlines In Today's Sun Newspaper / Oluwole Awolowo Is Dead? / Pictures Of Developments in Akwa Ibom State (uncommon Transformation) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda: How do you know the mindset of the SE ? Let us be objective here. Is that based on what is said on Nairaland or SE political leaders? Who is talking secession from SE is it Bianca Ojuiku ,Ngige or Obi or Rochas or Ekwueme or Ohanaeze??

A common agenda for the South does not mean TOTAL agreement but I believe there are areas for compromise. I think the south want more powers to be devolved from the centre and greater resource control and less Sharia
I've known Igbo people before I joined NL. After all MASSOB has been existing before NL.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda: How do you know the mindset of the SE ? Let us be objective here. Is that based on what is said on Nairaland or SE political leaders? Who is talking secession from SE is it Bianca Ojuiku ,Ngige or Obi or Rochas or Ekwueme or Ohanaeze??

A common agenda for the South does not mean TOTAL agreement but I believe there are areas for compromise. I think the south want more powers to be devolved from the centre and greater resource control and less Sharia

LOL.

I say to you WITH ALL BOLDNESS that the SE will never support such new system.

When you look at the proportional revenue generation of all the regions made to the center in this country, I dont think by now you shouldnt know that the SE trails behind all other regions except the NE.

May I ask:

-If SE (ibos) were actually content with the system of regionalism & resourse control that prevailed in the early times before current unitary system was urshered in, why would Zik be a protagonist of equal distribution of wealth throughout the federation, the very move vehemently opposed by Awo of AG then?

-If the Ibos trully wanted this same regionalism, why should it be a Nzeogu, an Ibo for that matter, that would upset the status quo that operated with SO MUCH EASE, even without the North contented with how things were then?

Omonaakoda, one thing most of us on NL have not realized about these Ibos is the hypocrisy displayed by most of them here. I can tell you categorically that more than half of the Igbos would rather splash into the deep than see this 'Nigeria' split like flames.

Dont mind the lies most of them propagate here on NL. Most of them know what awaits them at home in a new Biafra is like a chicken coming home to roast.

.....Ever wondered why the likes of them here found their ways to Lag, IB & d likes?

.....Ever wondered why TOO MANY of them can speak Yoruba (but fake 'yoruba' sha)?

.....Ever wondered why they are always quick to lump Akwa Ibom, CR & d whole Rivers states as part of their Biafra?

BRO, All is DECEIT. ! Ibos you see on NL are just pretending bro. They know its gonna' be hell back home for them, trust me.!!!

13 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by OneNaira6: 11:30am On Nov 09, 2013
musiwa112: One_Naira,, it is not possible for the east and the north to remove any portion of western nigeria according to international law.. even before azikiwe(igbo) conduct the referendum he jail everybody.. if you look at the satellite pictures, there was no referendum, he just made up figures. tht what happened. because they rig election in nigeria.

only a referedum by the united nation can remove a portion... so what he did illegal .. here is asari dokubu from jonathan ethnic group. tell you.. either you vote for jonathan or not. he will be president in 2015. election in africa does not matter.

they just made up figures. you can see there was no akoko edo on the list that azikiwe announced but there was akoko edo at that time and still is. which are yoruba akoko. this is one of the reason people went on riot.

if you look at the figure, it state itsekiri vote yes... which was not true. because after that referendum result was announced the itsekiri went on a riot saying they all voted no... so azikiwe send in the police.. not only in itsekiriland several area went on riot... but azikiwe was an igbo man who had made up his mind to remove the area.. azikiwe was a dictator.. this is why awolowo, enahoro etc did not support biafra.

the whole of the area in question fought against biafra because of this false referendum by azikiwe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNhcPRmNX38

What in the world are you talking about? Azikiwe didn't have any hand in the advocation of midwest, The main people that advocated and fought for the creation of mid west were citizens of current day delta and edo state. Those heros are Oba Akenzua II of benin, Dennis Osadebe of Asaba, Jereton Marierie of Ughelli, and James Otobo. The reason those four fought immensely for mid west creation was the tribalism and marginalization the people of delta and edo felt they were recieving from the western region. Secondly, WTF does Biafra have to do with this? Why is that when you people are told the truth, you immediately result to talking about Biafra. Spare me cause I'm not one of those interested to hear una bullsh1t right now. Thirdly, Since when are Akoko edo people Yoruba? SMH. Anyway, Akoko edo was included in the referendum. The question asked that day actually points to you where akoko-edo votes were included. Incase you still confused, here was the question asked

"Do you agree that the Midwestern Region Act, 1962, shall have effect so as to secure that Benin Province including Akoko Edo District in the Afenmai Division and Delta Province including Warri Division and Warri Urban Township area shall be included in the proposed Mid-Western Region?"

Lastly, many of us might not be fully aware of our history. But the creation of the states, region and our ancestral migration stories are passed down, at least in my part of the state it is, IDK about others. It is getting rather annoying that una keep trying to rewrite them. Focus on the topic aka Clark talking about Awolowo and leave rewriting the history of delta or any state at that.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by OneNaira6: 11:42am On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

LOL.

When you look at the proportional revenue generation of all the regions made to the center in this country, I dont think by now you shouldnt know that the SE trails behind all other regions except the NE.

May I ask:

-If SE (ibos) were actually content with the system of regionalism & resourse control that prevailed in the early times before current unitary system was urshered in, why would Zik be a protagonist of equal distribution of wealth throughout the federation, the very move vehemently opposed by Awo of AG then?

-If the Ibos trully wanted this same regionalism, why should it be a Nzeogu, an Ibo for that matter, that would upset the status quo that operated with SO MUCH EASE, even without the North contented with how things were then?

Omonaakoda, one thing most of us on NL have not realized about these Ibos is the hypocrisy displayed by most of them here. I can tell you categorically that more than half of the Igbos would rather splash into the deep than see this 'Nigeria' split like flames.

Dont mind the lies most of them propagate here on NL. Most of them know what awaits them at home in a new Biafra is like a chicken coming home to roast.

.....Ever wondered why the likes of them here found their ways to Lag, IB & d likes?

.....Ever wondered why TOO MANY of them can speak Yoruba (but fake 'yoruba' sha)?

.....Ever wondered why they are always quick to lump Akwa Ibom, CR & d whole Rivers states as part of their Biafra?

BRO, All is DECEIT. ! Ibos you see on NL are just pretending bro. They know its gonna' be hell back home for them, trust me.!!!

The level of stupid1ty from this man is amazing. It out to be in a museum for others to marvel at.

7 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by russellino: 11:48am On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

May I ask:

I doubt if u can back up the stuff you posted above and prove your source if you are really taken to task over it.

What makes u so sure that igbos are cool with the status quo and want it to remain. I visited a friends village in the east and saw two responsible looking family men get on a motorcycle in their biafran uniforms to attend a meeting of massob or whatever. The igbos u meet that grew up in lagos are very different from the ppl back home.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 11:56am On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

LOL.

May I ask:

Well when we have a dialogue we shall hear what each person thinks. I prefer to look forward and focus on solutions. Having read through all you have written I have not seen your "proposals or solutions" what do you think should happen now. I certainly think we should have a debate let us hear and know those who support resource control without prejudice.
It was during this current republic that the rules were changed to allow greater resources from off shore oil revenue to go to the states even after the Supreme Court has ruled AGAINST the affected states. Legislation was passed during Obasanjo's regime which is what has changed the fortunes of Akwa Ibom. I don't remember the SE voting against this.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 09, 2013
One_Naira:

The level of stupid1ty from this man is amazing. It out to be in a museum for others to marvel at.

The wise say "Creditors have better memories than Debtors."

The same men also later postulated that:

"Great Fools remember no truth, especially that which springs forth from discretion". !!!

.......Dude, why fall victim of such powerful incites like this?

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by UyiIredia(m): 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
You folks should stop lamebting what Awolowo did and work to develop your states. Hopefully the national conference will end with steps towards a system of go ernance that better aids such.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Valon4ego(m): 12:04pm On Nov 09, 2013
I have always maintained (and I still do) that our first politicians are no more righteous than the ones we have today. They fought primarily for their selfish interests which happened to coincide with the wishes of the masses. Awolowo and Co are no less corrupt than the the politicians we have today,as was evidenced by the ease of collapse and decadence of the first government. So you guys should stop all these unwarranted praises and stuffs like that!

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda:
Well when we have a dialogue we shall hear what each person thinks. I prefer to look forward and focus on solutions. Having read through all you have written I have not seen your "proposals or solutions" what do you think should happen now. I certainly think we should have a debate let us hear and know those who support resource control without prejudice.
It was during this current republic that the rules were changed to allow greater resources from off shore oil revenue to go to the states even after the Supreme Court has ruled AGAINST the affected states. Legislation was passed during Obasanjo's regime which is what has changed the fortunes of Akwa Ibom. I don't remember the SE voting against this.

BRO, Regionalism is the ONLY solution.

But the salient question I & which if course, i'll also want you, to ask these easterners IS,

-Are they ready for the new system of Regionalism?

Of course, Regionalism will bring about free control over resourses, abi wont it?

I came across a report submitted by the Ohaneze to the NC comitee (a pity I cant locate the thread again). BELIEVE ME , one of the most annoying submissions this group made was for the imperative recognition of every individual in the country as "Equal citizens with the same right anywhere in the country......bla bla bla..."

PLS TELL ME, in a regional system whereby another region wouldnt/may not give in to such proposition, isnt such move in conflict with the established system as far as regionalism is concerned? Wouldnt be giving such unconditional stance be implied as a means of frustrating any 'conceived' improvement or step towards regionalism?

There are so many shortcomings in their proposal, in which many of it contenfs with the basic rudiments of regionalism..! ......

Now tell me, are you saying these people trully want regionalism with such audacious opposition against the new improvement?
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by DerideGull(m): 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

LOL.

May I ask:

Wise people are known to have believed in the saying that “the taste of pudding is in the eating”. I remembered the group of people in Nigeria that were besieged with war of attrition because they wanted out of damnable country. It is true lack of retentive memory plays delusional tricks on people. The saying can not truer than your silly pontifications on this discussion.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 12:38pm On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

But the salient question I & which if course, i'll also want you, to ask these easterners IS,

Of course, Regionalism will bring about free control over resourses, abi wont it?

I came across a report submitted by the Ohaneze to the NC comitee (a pity I cant locate the thread again). BELIEVE ME , one of the most annoying submissions this group made was for the imperative recognition of every individual in the country as "Equal citizens with the same right anywhere in the country......bla bla bla..."

PLS TELL ME, in a regional system whereby another region wouldnt/may not give in to such proposition, isnt such move in conflict with the established system as far as regionalism is concerned? Wouldnt be giving such unconditional stance be implied as a means of frustrating any 'conceived' improvement or step towards regionalism?

There are so many shortcomings in their proposal, in which many of it contenfs with the basic rudiments of regionalism..! ......

Now tell me, are you saying these people trully want regionalism with such audacious opposition against the new improvement?

I don't know what you mean by "regionalism" perhaps you care to explain that a bit more?
Regarding the claim that it is the ONLY solution, I can only say that seems hyperbolic to me. I don't know the basis on which you make that claim. We are talking about the affairs of millions of people and one person says such and such is the ONLY way. Sounds rather fundamentalist and not very adult. Let men DISCUSS how they want to run their affairs. There are emotive discussions and there are rational discussions. Let us opt for the latter. I do not accept that there is ONLY one "solution" to Nigeria's difficulties or that there is indeed a "solution" per se. We might just have to find a least bad situation and strive to improve continuously
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by russellino: 12:39pm On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

You haven't even read the recommendations of ohaneze. You are probably just reciting what u heard somebody else say. Ohaneze has been advocating for a return to regionalism even before this NC gist came up.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Pataki: 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2013

Which south are you implying here? South-south, South-east or South-west?
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 12:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
DerideGull:

Wise people are known to have believed in the saying that “the taste of pudding is in the eating”. I remembered the group of people in Nigeria that were besieged with war of attrition because they wanted out of damnable country. It is true lack of retentive memory plays delusional tricks on people. The saying can not truer than your silly pontifications on this discussion.
What is this one saying

That is one way of telling the story. Another way is to remember a group of people who thought they were so clever they could take over control of Nigeria and dominate by force.They conducted a sham "revolution" killing the political leaders of others and spared theirs. They then installed one of theirs as Military ruler while their people gloated and taunted other ethnic groups even making a record "ewu na ebe akwa" and singing taunting songs in barracks and the North.
Eventually the North reacted in a vengeful and brutal counter coup conducting a pogrom against them. Wounded they decided to secede by force even though they had no external allies and no means to prosecute a doomed and emotional enterprise. In conducting their secession they chose to abduct other ethnic minorities in the Eastern region against their will and then also carried out aggressive and unprovoke attacks into the Western Region.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 09, 2013
DerideGull:

Here is an hint to one of my post, hence your mor'onic post :

IF the SE wants true sovereignity while it still maintains the Nigerian fold, It should move towards a way/ ways of achieving such ambitions . And regionalism (true one), is one of such ways.....But maybe through greed or fear, the SE has one way or the other curtailed such improvement e.g as exemplified in the 1st coup by Nzeogu.

....But as usual, I know you can & will never never understand.

They say "Diseases are the interest of pleasures

Its only a pity that despite you growing older, a younger man like me has to tell you to shed off your pleasures of logical & intellectual disarrays AS Its now a DISEASE holding you TOO STRONG at ransome.!.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 1:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
Pataki:

Which south are you implying here? South-south, South-east or South-west?
Haba Megida!! concentrate
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 09, 2013
russellino:

You haven't even read the recommendations of ohaneze. You are probably just reciting what u heard somebody else say. Ohaneze has been advocating for a return to regionalism even before this NC gist came up.

I wont disrespect your opposition, especially as regards what you said of Ohanaeze advocating for regionalism BUT at the same, I want to point out that Afenifere & the Itsekiri elders/group have been the ones at the forefront as regards the cause for regionalism. I dont think there has been any other group has outspoken as Afenifere on the call for regionalism & I dont think Ohanaeze advocates for regionalism.

I only know them to advocate for resourse control !!
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda:

I don't know what you mean by "regionalism" perhaps you care to explain that a bit more?
Regarding the claim that it is the ONLY solution, I can only say that seems hyperbolic to me. I don't know the basis on which you make that claim. We are talking about the affairs of millions of people and one person says such and such is the ONLY way. Sounds rather fundamentalist and not very adult. Let men DISCUSS how they want to run their affairs. There are emotive discussions and there are rational discussions. Let us opt for the latter. I do not accept that there is ONLY one "solution" to Nigeria's difficulties or that there is indeed a "solution" per se. We might just have to find a least bad situation and strive to improve continuously

But if you think Regionalism may not be one of the solutions to Nigeria's difficulties, what other system do you think can change the status quo?......

'Cos as far as I have reasoned & witnessed, Regionalism is the best option even many eliths & secular individuals have opted for..
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 1:32pm On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

But if you think may not be one of the solutions to Nigeria's difficulties, what other system do you think can change the status quo?......

'Cos as far as I have reasoned & witnessed, Regionalism is the best option even many eliths & secular individuals have opted for..
I don't know what you mean by Regionalism and so I cannot and did not express an opinion on it. If I know wha you mean by regionalism we can discuss it.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by DerideGull(m): 1:42pm On Nov 09, 2013
If the so-called south-east zone which ethnically homogeneous in nature is tapped for such goofy regional arrangement, why not a nation such as Republic of Igbo land instead of a region where center of government is yet located somewhere outside the region? I want total disintegration of Nigeria where people from Igbo land would go for any form of government be it communism, republicanism, democracy, monarch, oligarchy and decide how power should be dissolved.

If the Republic chooses to spend its entire fund on building airports with runways longer than 10KM, I say so be it. If the people decide to close down all schools due to high number of graduates without job or lack thereof, they can simply have it. If the people decide to jettison everything about European and go Boko Haram, so be it. If the people decide to close down all the churches and mosques because they want to go back to “Ofo na Aja”, I say so it should be.

I know most Igbo chaps in Diaspora who would want to come back to the Republic of Igbo land to contribute towards the growth of the country on Pro bono. Republic of Igbo land could give away its crude oil in order to achieve unity and patriotism based on vision, imagination and unbeatable courage.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by khayce: 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
wait palz,re we really experiencing development in the western regions, or den in the days?
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda:
I don't know what you mean by Regionalism and so I cannot and did not express an opinion on it. If I know wha you mean by regionalism we can discuss it.

Beg your pardon then.!

OK, Maybe I ll try and make my explanation short & succint.

Regionalism is a form governmental structure that exists in a country in which the Federal or Confederate nation is splitted into two or more geographical blocs called regions. These regions are granted certain degrees of governance and control as the constitution dictates.

These controls that may be exercised exclusively from the authority of the center may include resourse control, police control, tax, etc. !... In conslidation, these regions work alltogether with their separate autonomies, and these autonomies are subjected to the OVERALL coordination of the central government (i.e the nation's Federal government).

Did you get me BRO?
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by khayce: 1:48pm On Nov 09, 2013
dat guy asari dokubo dey talk sheat.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 09, 2013
DerideGull: If the so-called south-east zone which ethnically homogeneous in nature is tapped for such goofy regional arrangement, why not a nation such as Republic of Igbo land instead of a region where center off government is yet located somewhere outside the region? I want total disintegration of Nigeria where people from Igbo land would go for any form of government be it communism, republicanism, democracy, monarch, oligarchy and decide how power should be dissolved.

If the Republic chooses to spend its entire fund on building airports with runways longer than 10KM, I say so be it. If the people decide to close down all schools due to high number of graduates without job or lack thereof, they can simply have it. If the people decide to jettison everything about European and go Boko Haram, so be it. If the people decide to close down all the churches and mosques because they want to go back to “Ofo na Aja”, I say so it should be.

I know most Igbo chaps in Diaspora who would want to come back to the Republic of Igbo land to contribute towards the growth of the country on Pro bono. Republic of Igbo land could give away its crude oil in order to achieve unity and patriotism based on vision, imagination and unbeatable courage.

But I thought you would be stu*pid enough to give me another of your mo'ronic replies, Uhn? undecided
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
kingoflag: Umm.... I wouldnt be that joyous about that Edvin Clark Statement if I was the Yorubas on this post. Because basically what hes saying his "We want out Ijaw Nation, we want to control our resources, and guess what? The Yorubas have been the ones agitating for separation for eons now..."

A classic case of: Open Praise, disguised instigation. Do not trust anything from the mouth of the man whose antics gave GEJ enough confidence to go openly insane.

Seeing through the smoke screen.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by tomakint: 1:50pm On Nov 09, 2013
What keeps bothering my heart is, 'Do we still have selfless men, like Chief Obafemi Awolowo amidst the Yorubas now' does who claim to be Awoists are die-hard criminals inwards, and sell-outs! Chief Awolowo may you continue to Rest in Peace!
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by 0monnakoda: 1:51pm On Nov 09, 2013
St_Black:

Beg your pardon then.!

OK, Maybe I ll try and make my explanation short & succint.

Regionalism is a form governmental structure that exists in a country in which the Federal or Confederate nation is splitted into two or more geographical blocs called regions. This regions are granted certain degrees of governance and control as the constitution dictates.

These controls that may be exercised exclusively from the authority of the center may include resourse control, police control, tax, etc. !... In conslidation, these regions work alltogether with their separate autonomies, and these autonomies are subjected to the OVERALL coordination of the central government (i.e the nation's Federal government).

Did you get me BRO?

Can you give an example where this occurs in practice and how is it different from the federalism that we have .
I am sorry but it seems to me that we already have "regionalism" . We have states that to quote you are " granted certain degrees of governance and control as the constitution dictates".
So from your definition we are practising regionalism already we have geographic blocs called states that are fairly autonomous and have tx raising powers. Many of the breaches of autonomy we see in Nigeria are unconstitutional and so perhaps the issue is enforcement e.g the situation in Rivers State and previously Ogun. What we need is a National assembly that do their jobs .
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by aljharem(m): 1:51pm On Nov 09, 2013
khayce: wait palz,re we really experiencing development in the western regions, or den in the days?

Yes we are still experiencing development in the western region even till date. Rome wasn't built in a day, the western region just built 3 bridges this year, Plantations, Schools, Electrical power plants etc compare to other countries and regions of Nigeria.
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by aljharem(m): 1:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
lastly, Edwin clark should shut up. We don't need his praises, Let our work praise us not some baba suwe old looking man
Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda:

Can you give an example where this occurs in practice and how is it different from the federalism that we have .
I am sorry but it seems to me that we already have "regionalism" . We have states that to quote you are " granted certain degrees of governance and control as the constitution dictates".
So from your definition we are practising regionalism already

Which kain yeye Federalism?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo Is Responsible For The Developments In Today's Western States - Clark by DerideGull(m): 1:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
0monnakoda:
What is this one saying

That is one way of telling the story. Another way is to remember a group of people who thought they were so clever they could take over control of Nigeria and dominate by force.They conducted a sham "revolution" killing the political leaders of others and spared theirs. They then installed one of theirs as Military ruler while their people gloated and taunted other ethnic groups even making a record "ewu na ebe akwa" and singing taunting songs in barracks and the North.
Eventually the North reacted in a vengeful and brutal counter coup conducting a pogrom against them. Wounded they decided to secede by force even though they had no external allies and no means to prosecute a doomed and emotional enterprise. In conducting their secession they chose to abduct other ethnic minorities in the Eastern region against their will and then also carried out aggressive and unprovoke attacks into the Western Region.

Above crap is one of the ills associated with the so-called “free education” introduced by Awolowo in western region of Nigeria. I am not surprised that the poster is still wallowing foolishly on propaganda and innuendoes spearheaded by the news media houses based in western region in 1967 to cover silly acts of the citizens of the region.

It will pay you enough dividends to know your god in Nowa Omogiu, one of the idiotic exponents of the crap surrounding the record "ewu na ebe akwa" and alleged taunting”, has been shamed on the issue. The artist of the record was not even Igbo person talk less of the act of taunting. It is silly to hear and see most southern Nigerians, baring Biafrans, talk about idiotic nature of Nigeria and wish it never existed. I have always referred such goons to their forebearers who fought Biafrans to erect a cesspit called Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

None Of My Ministers Is Corrupt – Buhari / Ikpeazu Distributes Aisha Buhari's Food Items To Abians(pics) / Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.