Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Meant To Be - Literature (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Meant To Be (147782 Views)

I Never Meant To Take My Life But I Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:07am On Dec 31, 2013
PrinceAdepoju: hmmm.

smiley #shrugs

mark-mk:
Nice story to b sincere. Pls update oo
I'm still wondering abt ur characters- hw u will able to link dem. Anyway u re a d driver!!!
Hope d front seat is still vacate

seat yapa! Make your self comfortable...
Do I have to necessary link them?

I mean Femi knows Chuks, Princess, Gbenga and Dami while Osagie and Omoye cam into the picture because Sandra was Femi's crush...

Is that link not enough?cheesy
Thanks for following

Ifex9: "using folas late mother's voice" fola! Fola!! I told u nt to touch the tail of a living snake, u disobeyed me and u've been bitten u jxt have to suffer for ur ignorance and feel d pain of d snake bite alone.
Can omoye help fola? "jxt cnt imagine it"
I'm following stef nice piece

Thanks..smiley
Re: Meant To Be by D9ty7(m): 6:31am On Dec 31, 2013
Good morning to Aunty Stef and other MTB family. Hope y'all had a nice night rest?

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 7:06am On Dec 31, 2013
D9ty7: Good morning to Aunty Stef and other MTB family. Hope y'all had a nice night rest?

Good morning UNCLE D9ty7, we sure did (you inclusive) smiley
Re: Meant To Be by D9ty7(m): 7:58am On Dec 31, 2013
Thats good to hear.
stefikal:

Good morning UNCLE D9ty7, we sure did (you inclusive) smiley
Next time remember to exclude the bolded word. It is an abomination.
Re: Meant To Be by missterious(f): 8:10am On Dec 31, 2013
D9ty7: Good morning to Aunty Stef and other MTB family. Hope y'all had a nice night rest?
Morning, D9ty7. Yes, I slept well
Re: Meant To Be by Eyinojuoluwa1(f): 9:15am On Dec 31, 2013
gobe go happen ooooo, Fola is in a big mess, there s no how the gobe will be averted. the earlier d better sha. stef weldone ooooo. grin
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:17am On Dec 31, 2013
Eyinojuoluwa1: gobe go happen ooooo, Fola is in a big mess, there s no how the gobe will be averted. the earlier d better sha. stef weldone ooooo. grin

No how
Anything can happen oooo...Sandra can die for instancetonguegrin

thanks
Re: Meant To Be by D9ty7(m): 9:27am On Dec 31, 2013
miss.terious:

Morning, D9ty7. Yes, I slept well
Thats good to hear.
Re: Meant To Be by Wizbef(f): 10:04am On Dec 31, 2013
Wondaful story, stef.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by Yemlizzy(f): 11:21am On Dec 31, 2013
Morning D9ty7 and Steph, did have a lovely nyt rest.....beautiful update Steph. Welldone,do keep the fire burning.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by D9ty7(m): 11:29am On Dec 31, 2013
Dats gud to hear aunty.
Yemlizzy:
Morning D9ty7 and Steph, did have a lovely nyt rest.....beautiful update Steph. Welldone,do keep the fire burning.
Re: Meant To Be by Yemlizzy(f): 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2013
D9ty7: Dats gud to hear aunty.
Hahahaha,you such a funny one. Aint an aunty ooh,am still very young.....Steph ride on.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2013
@Wizbef and Yemlizzy: thanks.

Update in a bit...smiley
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2013
-23-

Femi left his cousin in the sitting room after their visitors had left, the guy seriously needed some time off.

He found it funny and sad at the same time, who would have thought that Gbenga could be sober? The guy had always had craziness flowing in his veins and all of a sudden was reflecting on his life because of a woman.

Women really had power, he found it sad because Gbenga had confided in him after Chuks and Princess left that another reason he did not want Bukky to have an abortion was for his unborn child.

He had lost both parents at a tender age and now life had presented him the opportunity to be a father, why would he then choose the option to kill his first child?

He had felt pity for Gbenga at that point, even though his cousin acted annoying most times. He had seen a soft part of Gbenga, he really wished to meet this Bukky and beg her to keep the baby.

But as much as he wished he could help, he resigned to the fact that life was about choices. They had both made a choice when they decided to be friends with benefits and a choice when they had unprotected s.ex.

If she decided to carry out the abortion, it would equally be a product of her choice. He just hoped she made the right choice and hoped Gbenga would really see that he was in love.

-----------------

He got to the sitting room to meet a smiling Gbenga staring at his phone.
Only God knew what had influenced the change in his mood so fast.

He chose to ignore him and settled on his chair while reading an inspirational book which centered on business.

Ocassionally he looked at Gbenga and still caught him smiling, it would have been a whole lot better if his cousin was smiling and making annoying noises.

But it was more annoying considering the fact that he said nothing and the silly smile refused to leave his face.

He dropped the book and asked, "Gbenga, se ko si?" (Gbenga, I hope all is well?)
Gbenga dropped his phone and smiled at Femi who was oviously disgusted at the silly display of teeth flashed at his direction.

"There is something I'm reading online," he replied.
"Ehen?" Femi scoffed, "kini iyen wa ko wa?" (And what does that teach us?)

"Ko le yie eh," (You can't understand) Gbenga replied while staring at his phone screen one more time.

"From today I cease to be termed a player." he declared.
Femi shook his head, what was with all this drama?
"You no well;" he replied and continued to read his book.

"Femi you can't understand, how can I make you see?" Gbenga said.
"Guy, you dey disturb me. Face your phone and leave me alone, since you no wan talk. Free me!" Femi snapped.

"No vex, its just that I love this feeling. Your tomboy friend was right." Gbenga sighed.

"I am in love."

-----------------

Dami walked with Ore while he held her hands, anyone that saw them would mistake them for a couple.
They were at the lagoon front already but she was scanning the area for a good seating position.

By her left she saw a vacant seat but ignored it, the ants around that area were an eyesore.
They proceeded towards the front when she heard someone call her,

"Hello girlfriend,"

How on earth did Evelyn get to the lagoon front? What was she doing here, was this an hallucination or would it qualify as the world's biggest coincidence.

Evelyn quickly walked up to her and gave her a peck with her face contorting to produce the ugly smile it was known for.

----------------

"Hello girlfriend," he looked at the fierce but pretty lady standing in front of them. Why did she pocket her hands as if she was in a challenge?

Since she called Dami girlfriend, he assumed they knew each other. Funny how girls gave each other silly pet names.
He waved at the girl and mouthed a 'hi' but felt his ego crumble when she ignored him and gave Dami a peck on the lips.

Now who the hell did she think she was? And why was Dami keeping quite as if her mouth had lost its speaking ability?

He held on to Dami's hand firmly while using the other hand to draw her closely to himself, they ended up facing each other. From the corner of his eyes he could see an expression of disgust and anger on the lady's face.

Who was he kidding? He was angrier than she was,
"Dami, do you know her?" he whispered, it would be best they faced the reason they were on this weird date of theirs rather than be disturbed by a snobbish pyscho.

----------------

The pounding of her head made her feel like crashing to the floor without any interruption, she released her right hand from Ore's left hand grip and held her head.

The pounding was increasing magically, she had heard Ore's question and wish there was an easier way to make things simpler.
She held her head and was about to tell Ore to help her sit down when she heard,

"She is my girlfriend, you got a problem with that?"

Evelyn? She tried to shout but her mouth failed her again, the last thing she saw was Ore's face gradually transiting to a shade of black and voices fading in the background.

*to be continued*

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meant To Be by Daintydaisy(f): 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2013
So am finally here. Am so in love with this steph girl, I cn't even describe ur work. Your jst waow!!
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 12:37pm On Dec 31, 2013
Daintydaisy: So am finally here. Am so in love with this steph girl, I cn't even describe ur work. Your jst waow!!

Thanks Daisy...

I appreciate you taking out time to comment..love you toosmiley
Re: Meant To Be by Flakkydagirl: 12:44pm On Dec 31, 2013
Welldone Stefikal.
Wonderful story you got here...
More ink to your pen.....
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 12:47pm On Dec 31, 2013
Flakkydagirl: Welldone Stefikal.
Wonderful story you got here...
More ink to your pen.....

Thanks Flakky..God blesssmiley

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by Oluwalala(m): 1:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
This steph wld not kill me, my heart is already pounding on what happen next @ the lagoon front! Mayb I shld wait and read every 3days so she wld have update like 3 chapters.this suspense is too much for one person
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 1:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
Oluwalala: This steph wld not kill me, my heart is already pounding on what happen next @ the lagoon front! Mayb I shld wait and read every 3days so she wld have update like 3 chapters.this suspense is too much for one person

lolzzz...
I won't kill anyone ooo...glad you're loving it... Thanks
Re: Meant To Be by D9ty7(m): 2:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
You can't lie to me.
Yemlizzy:
Hahahaha,you such a funny one. Aint an aunty ooh,am still very young.....Steph ride on.
Young?
Re: Meant To Be by Eyinojuoluwa1(f): 3:24pm On Dec 31, 2013
Nooooo, Sandra cannot die jooor. but Fola shld tell her on time.
stefikal:

No how
Anything can happen oooo...Sandra can die for instancetonguegrin

thanks
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 3:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
Eyinojuoluwa1: Nooooo, Sandra cannot die jooor. but Fola shld tell her on time.

okay ooo, I'll spare her life thencheesy

2 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by eoadeniji(m): 4:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
this story is really interesting o....
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 5:01pm On Dec 31, 2013
eoadeniji: this story is really interesting o....

Thanks... I appreciate you taking out time to comment smiley
Re: Meant To Be by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 31, 2013
I learnt something from this story; sometimes, its always good to be outspoken. Its very obvious that dami's secretive nature has done more harm than good to her life. She should cry out for help (not from tinu because I see a little difference between herself and Evelyn).

As for Ore, I wish him good luck on his journey to know the truth.

Happy new year in advance to you Stef and everyone.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2013
iamayodeji: I learnt something from this story; sometimes, its always good to be outspoken. Its very obvious that dami's secretive nature has done more harm than good to her life. She should cry out for help (not from tinu because I see a little difference between herself and Evelyn).

As for Ore, I wish him good luck on his journey to know the truth.

Happy new year in advance to you Stef and everyone.

hmmm...

I'm glad you learnt something...

Happy new year in advance to you toosmiley Thanks
Re: Meant To Be by sowprice(m): 7:11pm On Dec 31, 2013
Happy new year in advanz 2u all
Re: Meant To Be by SenatorPope(m): 7:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
See as dami take faint.....
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 7:32pm On Dec 31, 2013
$Πøwpr¡Π¢€:
Happy new year in advanz 2u all

Thanks dear, wishing you the same

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 7:37pm On Dec 31, 2013
Senator_Pope: See as dami take faint.....

Nah!

She didn't faint ooo, she only took a napcheesy
Re: Meant To Be by Queenxstar(f): 8:11pm On Dec 31, 2013
Hope the stop has not ended my lady. Just began reading and am liking it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (39) (Reply)

The Paradox Of Abel (The Sequel) / WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) / Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.