Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Meant To Be - Literature (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Meant To Be (147636 Views)

I Never Meant To Take My Life But I Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meant To Be by walewunmi(m): 7:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ooooops oh mehn its bin so long mehn almost 2wiks....whatsap people stefikal what's happening here?
Re: Meant To Be by dammygoody(m): 10:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
walewunmi: Ooooops oh mehn its bin so long mehn almost 2wiks....whatsap people stefikal what's happening here?
Able P.R.O , we are waiting patiently for her o...

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by nationalnwa(m): 9:34am On Jul 22, 2014
Hmmmmm
Re: Meant To Be by vonn(f): 6:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
Still waiting to continue this story from where I stopped
Re: Meant To Be by Mj45: 7:53am On Jul 24, 2014
I know what it's like when d ideas just won't come and pressure sooooooo much. Take ur time cos when it does come, ur pretty fingers will ache from typing. Great work so far. I salute ur courage.
I official announce my presence here. I m an ardent reader and a lazy writer.
Love u good people. Mj45.
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 1:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
*sighs*

*covers face and gets on her knees*

Hi...

I don't think I can do this... *sighs again*

I can't do this... I'll be back...
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 1:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
Okay...

I know someone is probably saying, what BS has she come to say this time.

I take no offense, really.

Truth is I'm actually not too pleased with myself at the moment, a lot has been happening and I've not really been in the right frame of mind to pen something down.

I someone had told me that things would have turned out this way this week, I probably wouldn't have believed... *smiles*

I'm actually fine but it's just a complicated ish, school accommodation, search for IT placement. Exams ended last week, on the 18th. It should have ended on he 17th though but it was postponed.

I'm truly tired of making excuses, this isn't me. *sighs*

I'm so wishing I could complete the story today and all, and possibly start the many more that have been ringing in my head for months.

But it's not as easy as it sounds.

I'm grateful to y'all that have stood by me even though I've been you know...

Thank you...

MJ45 thanks, what you said kinda gave me hope.

To those who wished me a happy birthday, lanicky, cheriepet, logodwhiz and so many others on various threads and platforms. God bless you all.

iamayodeji welcome back smiley

dammygoody, walewunmi, vonn, nationalnwa, richlizzy, spring004, lilmizzy, toykathy, et al. Sorry it's really my weakness to list names, thank you for not abandoning this thread, even though it looks like I did.

Thanks everyone

4 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by sebak(f): 1:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
Welcome Stef, happy I cld hear 4m u cos av been so worried. Pele dear I unstnd d stress u r goin tru cos av been in dt shoe wen in sch. Pls sort ursef out I'll be waiting 4u.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 24, 2014
Stay calm, breathe in, breathe out. Stay stress-free.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by toykathy(f): 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
Hi Stef,
honestly, its nt easy 2 pen down somthn wen u re stressed up. Take all d tym in world cuz we gat ur back anytym. Although i miss princess my tomboy so much. Just make our patience worth it.
Million hugs 4u

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by ceceee(f): 7:30am On Jul 25, 2014
Nice work.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by dammygoody(m): 2:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
Take all your time Stef..we're solidly behind you...
The Lord is your strength.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by dopevick: 6:50pm On Jul 26, 2014
stefikal: I'm trying to transfer the lost data while merging the chapters, for instance that's chapter 26 in one part and not two parts like it was.
But to be frank, I'm tired, copying and pasting while eventually taking time to space on my phone is taking time and I have an exam tomorrow.
Not trying to make excuses, but I promise that this thread will come back to life like it was...
Just give time, thanks y'all... kiss
Can u pls complete the one on ur blog, it killing please

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 2:37pm On Jul 28, 2014
Yay!

Hullo everyone I've been busy working and racking my brains out since midnight...

I started writing again,again and I'm super excited...
Thanks everyone for your love, support, concern and care.

Thank you...

I did a recap first cause it's really been a while, so please after the recap just click on the NEXT button so as to access chapter 51.

And yeah to make up for the delay, I typed 12.5k characters with space unlike the usual 5k characters with space.

It's also on the blog.

I can't update here already because I only stopped at chapter 26 so I have to update this place first.

Meanwhile visit http://stefikalinspires./2014/07/28/meant-to-be-story-so-far/ and let me know what you think.

Corrections, constructive criticisms are welcome.

Thanks guys... Love you muchas kiss

Tagging people is a weak point for me tho, my apologies for the disturbance this might cause... Please let's not quote so as not to disturb and I'm sorry I could not mention everyone...

Maestrob, gal10, soulminister, aisha800, ia2me, peezle, kingphilip, kinxen, sexysapphire, costlybabe, snowprince07, christabeli, chade, kingzpen, DChiefPriest, Sconp, walewunmi, hameenat94, funlover1, popeshemoo, yemlizzy, hardeydeb, senatorpope, ziziola, zellie, ifyude, cbellicious, estiedoll, sugarbabekemi, candis009, janeade, DVMtuppence, decaprico, productivity, disneyangel, otagbuegbede, jhymrod, latbas, omotenah, emmabest2000, dopevick, haderoncare, missterious, TrishaP, jefferyjamez, jennimma, TemitopeDaniel, TheRock5555, Queenxstar, D9ty7, DEllaluv, Dammygoody, Cheriepet, PrinceAdepoju, Fonydear, Lanicky, LogoDwhiz, Jumizie13, ormorlehwah, snowprince, vivygift, zizman, olarB1, duquis93, ayetobi92, humblebloke, Ddonoflife, Omolodmilkman93, MsSpaqs, Chuksyd1, khemyte, underage, ayobami195, lilmizzy, bobostykah, ice4jez, Ndkings1, prettycentia, oluwalala, carexy, jhidey08, ifex9, toluene, balispecial, igwedexy, lukfame, eyinojuoluwa1, joannicky, tonetonz, wellloaded, aliydave, iamayodeji, saleeman4, bobbyayo, McJANNY, ceceee, toykathy, sebak, MJ45, vonn, nationalnwa, spring004, richlizzy, lanytee, ninja4life, bejeria101, kayojosephy, temmytayo20, mabebe1, TheSoothsayer, sowprice, mightyfortress, peeberry, snowangel4

11 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 2:39pm On Jul 28, 2014
MODIFIED...

smiley
Re: Meant To Be by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 28, 2014
hallo evrybody hw u doin??

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by Cheriepet: 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2014
Stef i didnt c d nxt to click ooo
Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 6:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
Cheriepet: Stef i didnt c d nxt to click ooo

http://stefikalinspires./2014/07/28/meant-to-be-episode-fifty-one/ smiley Thanks

Hullo snowprince07
Re: Meant To Be by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 28, 2014
stefikal:

http://stefikalinspires./2014/07/28/meant-to-be-episode-fifty-one/ smiley Thanks

Hullo snowprince07
★hi ma'am hw ve u bn??
Re: Meant To Be by toykathy(f): 9:08pm On Jul 28, 2014
Yaaga! #inwizkidvoice#
did i tell u dat u re d best? U rock gurl Go! Go! Go!

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 9:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
snowprince07: ★hi ma'am hw ve u bn??
I'm good, better even smiley

toykathy: Yaaga! #inwizkidvoice#
did i tell u dat u re d best? U rock gurl Go! Go! Go!

smiley Thanks Dearie... You rock too

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:01pm On Jul 28, 2014
-27-

“Mummy, I’m hungry.” Victor pulled at his mother’s arm in a bid to drive his point across.

“Ooh!” Omoye replied and stood from the bed, she had totally forgotten about lunch, Victor had been out playing with Bobo outside the compund and the discussion she had with Osagie had kept her mind engaged.

“Don’t worry, I’ll handle it.” Osagie replied and led Victor out of the room. She replied him with a simple nod of the head and sat back on the bed.

The only feeling she could describe going through her mind was that of confusion.
She was confused because she did not know if she was supposed to be happy that Osagie had done what he did out of love for her and her son.

As she thought of the poor lady who had been at the losing end, all she felt was sadness.
All what her mother had spoken to her about fighting for her man suddenly made no sense.

If Osagie had done nothing wrong and the lady had been the intruder bent on taking her man, it would have been a good reason to fight for her man. But this time her man was the one who had messed up, and he had messed up really bad.

‘But he loves you and he’s repentant,’ her mind whispered to her.
“I know, I know,” she spoke aloud in a bid to counter her subconscious opinion. She had no doubts about Osagie’s love for her.

She just felt pity for the poor Sandra and from the way Osagie had described her, the lady’s father was a politician and she had an uncle who was quite wealthy too.

Osagie had decided to apologise to the lady and officially break up with her, Omoye had however suggested that he return the money he had gotten from her. She was albeit worried that the lady might hand Osagie over to the police or thugs.

What would she do if things got to that point? From experience she knew that the fury of a black woman with a broken heart was not something to be toyed with, especially when the woman had power and money.

“Uhn!” she nearly jumped out of fear as she felt a touch on her shoulder, “you scared me.”
“I’m sorry.” he replied.

Looking at his face made her realise how much he was truly sorry. The sad expression he wore made her just want to hug him and tell him everything would be fine, but the problem was she did not have the confidence that it would be fine.

“Victor?” how come her voice sounded like a whisper, she coughed, “What did you get him to eat?”
“I bought rice and he is eating it outside.” he held her face in his palms, “Omo I’m truly sorry for the pain I’m putting you through.”

“I just wish this was a dream I could wake up from, I’m just tired of seeing you go through pains because of me. I’ll work and make things right.” he promised.

“Its okay,” she replied, but within her she really doubted if it was okay. “Has she called back?” she asked.

“Who? Sandra?”
“Yes.”
“She hasn’t, I don’t even have the confidence to call her.”
Omoye sighed and hugged him, “It’s going to be fine, we’ll scale through this.” Even though she did not believe all she said, it still made her feel better.

All she wished for was that things would return to normal as soon as possible.

————-

“Look at her,” he said and nudged her with his shoulder, “I thought you were not interested in going out and now you’ve been beaming with smiles ever since.”

She pouted at him and smiled, “I enjoyed myself now, I wonder what’s keeping Femi so long.” she said and looked at Femi who was using the ATM already.

“Are you beginning to miss him so quick?” Chuks asked with a mischievious glint in his eyes.
“What?” she hit him on his back and rubbed her palm while squeezing her face.

“How come you’re so muscular sef?” she hissed, “Why would I miss him by the way? I’m just curious about why he is taking long, that’s all.” she concluded while rolling her eyes.

“Na you know oh,” Chuks said
“Hey guys, sorry I kept you waiting. This ATM wahala is just not funny, let’s go,” Femi who had approached them said to the siblings who were still engrossed in their discussion.

“Alright.” Chuks replied and held Princess by the hand while they exited the building.
“Uhm Femi,” Princess faced him, “thanks for today, I had fun.”

“Its nothing, I had fun too. I’m even grateful you accepted to come. It would have been weird if it was just Chuks and me.”

“You guys continue talking oh as if I’m not here.” Chuks snapped, “so I’m boring abi?”
“You didn’t know,” Princess teased, “how come all those girls that you deceive never mentioned it to you.”

She and Femi laughed at Chuks who simply adjusted the collar of his t-shirt and brought out two pieces of paper from his pocket.
“See,” he said while showing them the papers, “despite me being boring, the number of girls flirting with me daily increases.”

Princess shook her head, she could not for the life of her understand why a girl would give her phone number to a stranger.
They had approached Femi’s car when he asked her a question that shocked her.

He had requested for her phone number and all she could say was “Uhn?”

-------

“What is your relationship with the patient?” the doctor queried.
“She’s my friend.” Ore replied.
“Do you have the contact of any of her family members?”

“No, but I’ll check her phone.” He unlocked Dami’s phone and suddenly stopped while looking at the doctor, “Doctor, please is it serious? Why do we need to bring her family into this?” he questioned, was she not supposed to be receiving treatment for fainting? Why was the doctor keen on contacting her family?

“Young man,” The doctor replied while removing her glasses, Ore observed her facial features. She looked like a lady in her late twenties, although the glasses had given her a more mature look initially. She probably was a new doctor who had just graduated from medical school. “Are you done checking me out?” she asked with the frame of her glasses between her teeth.

“I’m sorry.” he apologised, she reminded him of his elder sister with her confusing facial expressions, one minute she looked playful and jovial and in a split second she was looking all serious.

Was it possible to beg her not to contact Dami’s family? They knew nothing about it except her brother.

“Ooh!” he exclaimed on realisation that her brother was aware.
“What?” the doctor shouted, “see, I have a lot of things to do. You need to provide the contact of any of her family members with the receptionist. I’m tired of your antics.” she said and wore her glasses while walking away from him. She had barely taken five steps from him when she turned and smiled, “Please make it fast.”

He shook his head while murmuring and taking a seat in the waiting room. He scrolled through the list of her contacts, he had no problem thinking about whose contact to provide?

Dami had explained to him that her brother knew about it, he would just have to call him. He was the best available option, he went to her call log and saw his contact on the list of received calls.

On inputting the number into his phone, he dialled the number. The doctor needed a family member, he would provide the number after he had relayed his own message.

————-

“Dad?” she pinched herself slightly on her arm to confirm that she was not hallucinating.
“Ki lo se le Abike?”(What’s wrong Abike?) her father said while pulling her closely to the bed.

“Jo ko.”(sit) he ordered. “What happened to you? Why are you not at work?”
“I’m…I’m good, I’m really fine.” she stuttered while making a failed attempt to quickly clean her face.

“Sandra, I came to see you for something serious but I wasn’t expecting to see you in this state.” he explained while holding her hands.

She sniffed and tried to fake a smile, her father had called her Sandra instead of Abike. That meant she probably looked like shi.t or could it be that he really came for something serious, how come he was in her room? The last time they spoke he was still out of the country and was suppose to come back to Nigeria in about three weeks time.

“Dad, when did you arrive Nigeria?” she asked while still smiling, she had missed her father and had anticipated to introduce Fola to him on his return. She sniffed again as teardrops cascaded her already wet face.

“This morning.” he let go of her hand and cleaned her face with his palms, “Sandra, what is going on now? You are confusing me. Besides there is someone here to see you.”

“Someone? Who?” she jerked, it definitely was not Fola, Fola was far away in Benin and besides he had no link to her father. “Dad, who is it?” she asked again.

He sighed and stood from the bed while walking towards her window, she wondered what was wrong, who could be the august visitor that got her father troubled this much?

She dropped her phone and walked towards her father, she hugged him from behind and whispered “Baami, what’s going on?”

He turned and hugged her back, “I feel so sad right now, seeing you like this. Even though, I don’t know why you are sad but I feel bad that I stood in the way of your hapiness.”

What was he talking about? She withdrew from the hug and looked at her father, did this have to do with the visitor?
“Please forgive me Abike.” he c ontinued, “I was just being foolish without realising it, forgive me.” he begged and tried to reach out to her.

She moved back, how could she forgive what she did not know, as far as she knew her father had simply suceeded in confusing her totally.
“Dad, I’m lost. You said someone came to see me, who is the person?” she asked while trembling.

“He is in the sitting room,” he replied.
She ran out of her roomand hurried downstairs, even though her face was a mess it was the least of her worries.

She got to the sitting room and was shocked to see who her visitor was.
“You?” she shouted while pointing at him, what on earth was he coming to see her for? And why did her heart have to flutter and race on seeing him?

She did not know if her anger was directed to the man in front of her or if it was to her heart that had begun to beat irregularly.

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:06pm On Jul 28, 2014
-28-

“This is all your fault.” she cursed.
“My fault?” Evelyn laughed back, “you are crazy Tinu. You started this and I’m simply following up on what you started.”

“Me? You really are the definition of stupid, how was I suppose to know Yvonne was your girl, ehn?” she questioned, she was mad at this silly spoilt brat who had not been thinking about the consequences of her actions.

“Next time, you ask and find out if a girl is single before flirting with her.” Evelyn countered.
“Really? You amaze me, so when Dami was hospitalised. Why didn’t you wait at least and apologise?” Tinu questioned.

Evelyn clapped her hands together and stood akimbo, “Counsellor,” she hissed, “If you were in my shoes, would you have stayed?”

Tinu had no answer to that question, truth was she would have equally fled before apologising. But one thing she knew was that she was not as reckless as the i.diot standing in front of her.

She would never play childish games like Evelyn.

———

“Hey guys, am I playing the third wheel here or something?” Chuks interrupted Femi who was about to say something to Princess.
“Third wheel?” Princess hissed, “nobody is on a date here so how does the third wheel come into the picture?” she asked.

“He was just asking for your number and we just saw a movie, it sure looks like a date if you ask me.” Chuks countered.
Femi laughed and pointed at Princess, “Why are you staring at him that way?”

She hissed and shook her head, “Don’t mind him, he is all out to frustrate me. Sometimes I wonder if he was not supposed to be my younger brother.” she muttered under her breath.
“I heard that oh, I’m still your elder brother whether you like it or not; by the way we’ve been standing here for too long. Make we dey go now.”

They were about to enter the car when Femi’s phone began to ring,
“Hello,” a pause.
“Yes, with whom am I speaking with?”
“Where? Now?”
“What’s going on? Who is this?”
“Oh my God!” he hurriedly started the ignition while still placing the phone to his ear.

“Is this your number?” he asked the caller.
“Okay, thank you. I’ll be there soon.”
“What’s the problem?” Princess and Chuks asked in unison.

He drove out of the parking lot and sighed before replying the two siblings who were looking like they had just witnessed a murder.
“My sister has been admitted to the hospital, her boyfriend just called me.” he explained.

“What’s the situation of things?” Chuks asked.
“I don’t know, I just have to be in Unilag now. I’ll drop you guys at home and then I’ll rush down to the hospital.”
“Can’t we just go together. Its not like we have anything urgent to do at home.” Princess suggested.

“Yeah I agree with that, and it could be an opportunity to meet your sister. I’m single you know.” Chuks joked.
And all Femi could do was simply nod and smile.

————

He did not know the right choice of words to use, he certainly was happy to see her after a long while. All the years he had spent stalking her did not feel like this moment, although he could see she was very much angry with him.

He loved the fact that she at least was right in front of him.
“I’ve missed you.” he blurted before he could stop the words.
“What? Miss? Are you okay?” she queried. “Infact I just wish I had super strength, I would personally throw you out of this house.”

“Sandra, how have you been? This past three years, where you able to move on? I really need to know because my life has been a mess ever since, I don’t know the potion you gave to me while we were still seeing each other but I want more of it.” He continued while approaching her.

———–

What? Miss who? Was there a flu affecting the men in her generation? How dare he use those words to her?

Why would he make a comeback to humiliate her in this manner? She never broke up with him, he left her and now here he was acting as if nothing had happened.
“Are you sick in the head or something? What’s with this charade?” she nearly shouted.

Muyiwa stared at her and merely smiled. Now why was he smiling like a castrated cow? Was she really looking a mess? How come her father had not told her that Mu yiwa was the visitor, at least she would have used the time to freshen up before coming to see him.

He would think she had been suffering all the while, his smile extended into a healthy grin.
She sighed, she was going to go crazy if he did not just hit the nail on the head. His smile was doing nothing to help the butterflies in her stomach.

“What do you want Muyiwa?” she asked calmly.
He still kept on smiling, somehow she felt bad that he had stopped approaching her, why was she yearning for his touch anyways? She was supposed to be angry, wasn’t she?

She assured herself she was angry but it did not rule out the fact that she had actually missed him.
“I want you.” the simple reply he gave her.

She had no idea if that made her happy or angry, he was yet to apologise to her and here he was claiming to miss and want her.

She concluded she was crazy.

-------

“Hi,” Ore greeted while extending his hand for a shake.
Femi accepted the shake, “so where is she?” he asked, this was not the time to exchange pleasantries. He had not clue as to what went wrong with Dami, all he knew was that she was hospitalised.

“I think the doctor wants to see you first.” Ore replied, he had intentionally informed him over the phone that he was Dami’s boyfriend to help her with her lesbian scandal.

At least if things got out of hand there was no way a lesbian could have a boyfriend. He just hoped he had not made the wrong move.
They went to the receptionist and Femi introduced himself before the receptionist directed him to the doctor’s office.

Femi had then informed Princess and Chuks to sit in the waiting room.

IN THE DOCTOR’S OFFICE.

After making the necessary introductions, the doctor had asked Ore to excuse them.
“Why?” Ore had been quick to ask, he had been Dami’s guardian and he was equally worried. Why would the doctor ask him to leave the office?

“Because I have to discuss with her brother, are you going to teach me how to do my job now?” she questioned with a stern look on her face.
“I’m sorry,” he replied nonapologetically and informed Femi, “I’ll be waiting outside.”

“So,” the doctor began, Femi assumed it was one of those unnecessary speech professionals gave. He really hoped she would cut to the chase and stop with the ceremony.

She gave a slight cough and smiled catching his attention, “your mind seems to be very far, I’m guessing you did not hear what I just said now.”
“I’m sorry,” he replied curtly, “actually I didn’t.” he continued, “Doctor could you just tell me what is wrong with my sister?” he asked, what was the point in wasting time?

“I see, that’s the cause of your worry. You need not be worried, she’s perfectly fine. She was only attended to because she fainted.” she explained.
“Faint? Since when did people start getting hospitalised because of fainting?” he asked, except if there was more to the story than he was actually getting.

“There are cases like that. The reason I asked to see a family member is because this is not the first time she is experiencing syncope.”
“Syncope?” he asked, what could that mean?

“That’s just the medical word for fainting. I attended to her the last time and it was worse. Generally the more a person faints, the more likely they are to faint again. Besides the university exams would soon begin and it would be bad if she faints again, it could affect her academic performance.” the doctor explained.

Femi nodded, “so in essence, its not serious right?” he said, more of a question than a statement.
“Well, yes.” she replied.
“So why did you have to involve the family members?” he asked, the doctor could have just advised her rather than making him scared this way. What if Maami had been the one to receive the call? The woman could have passed out as a result of panic. He sighed

“Because I’m putting her on bed rest. Most times fainting is caused by emotional stress, do you know if she is going through such at this point?” she asked.
“I don’t know.” he replied, the last time he had spoken to her she had claimed to be fine.

“Or could it be exam pressure?” he asked.
“It could be, I really don’t know.” the doctor replied, but I think its best you talk to her and know what the problem is? It would be terrible if she faints in an isolated place like the bathroom for instance.” the doctor concluded, “anyways, that will be all for now. I’ll take you to her room so you can see her.”
“Okay, thank you doctor.”

He hoped his sister was not in a serious trouble like pregnancy or abortion.

——–

“Do you think I should talk to her?” she asked.
“Why? It would be weird, I started this I should end it.” he countered.
“But you are going to return the money, right?”
“Yes.” he affirmed.

“I’m taking Victor to school tomorrow, he has been absent from school for a while.”
“How is your tailoring business going?” he asked.
“Okay, its you I’m worried about. What are you going to do now that you’re in Benin for good?”

“I called a friend yesterday and he asked me t o come see him tomorrow. I’m hoping for the best. We’ll start all over again and I’ll marry you properly. I promise.” he said and kissed her firmly on the lips.

He held on to her face and grabbed her lips for a deeper kiss, he made to unzip her dress when her phone began to ring.

They both ignored the caller and continued to devour each other’s lips. He proceeded to lay her on the bed and had undressed her when the phone began to ring again.

She coughed huskily and replied,”let me just pick it,” the sound of her voice did not even sound like hers.

She coughed again and picked the call,
“Hello,”
“Yes,”
“Good evening Sir,”
“He’s around,”
“Okay” she passed the phone to Osagie who covered the mouthpiece before asking her,
“Who wants to speak with me?”

And the simple reply she gave him was, “My dad.”

A reply that reminded him of the many hurdles he was yet to defeat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meant To Be by stefikal(f): 10:13pm On Jul 28, 2014
-29-

“What did the doctor say?”
“How is she?”
“Whats up?”
The questions they immediately asked him while standing in unison as they saw him approaching the waiting room.

He smiled, it was good to have friends who cared, even Princess looked worried. “She’s okay, the doctor just wanted to talk to a family member.” he replied.

“Why would the doctor need to see a family member?” Ore asked, if he had known he probably would have rephrased the question in a different way.
He realised his mistake when he noticed the looks he got from the three adults with him.

“I’m sorry, that came out wrong. What I meant to ask was how come the doctor asked for a family member since she just fainted. I’m worried, is it that there is something more serious?” he shrugged and raised his hands in mock surrender.

Femi stood and signalled to Princess and Chuks, “Please I’ll be back soon.” he turned towards Ore and still not smiling said, “come with me outside now.”

Ore walked behind him, he really had no idea if Dami’s elder brother was cool but he did not want to get in his bad books. It would be sad if they started off on a bad note since he had made himself a self-proclaimed boyfriend. Or did Dami have a boyfriend from home already?

The thoughts going on in Femi’s head were however different, what emotional stress was Dami going through? If she was pregnant, the doctor could have mentioned it. Could it be that she had had an abortion for her so-called boyfriend? He shrieked as he thought of another possiblity, was she into drugs? He had heard about stories of people whose lovers were drug barons and as such became involved in it automatically. He would kill the dude if Dami was in a serious mess.

They got to an open space opposite the staff school and Ore spoke up first,
“I didn’t get to tell you my name, I’m Ore and I know yours.” he smiled.
“Good then, Ore.” Femi replied, “actually I don’t like beating around the bush. So I’m going to make this easier for the both of us.” he explained.

“Okay, I’m all ears.”
“What’s going on with my sister?”
“Pardon.” Ore replied, he really needed to think about the words he said before spewing them. But everything suddenly appeared strange, how could Femi be asking him what was going on with Dami after she had claimed he was well informed about it?

“Is it a really serious issue that you can’t tell me,” Femi asked, he had this look that did not make him appear that tough anymore.
“Well, it is kind of serious and complicated. I thought you knew about it.” Ore said.

“No,” Femi paced around, what would he tell maami? “Was she pregnant?” he quickly asked hoping for a negative answer.

“Hell no!” Ore shouted, he had never even gotten to kiss Dami talk more about getting to second base. He laughed and looked at Femi who was looking confused.

“I think its best she tells you herself.” he replied.

If there was anyone to do the talking, it certainly had to be Dami.

————

On impulse she ran to him and began to hit him continously, she kept on hitting his chest, his face, his arms and any part of his body her hands came in contact with.
How could he be so mean? How could he have left her for so long without any contact only to show up on a day like this claiming to want and miss her? How? She kept asking herself the how and why questions with her hands continually drumming on Muyiwa.

She probably did not realise she was crying at the same time till he spoke to her and hugged her by all means.
“I’m sorry I made you cry. I’m really sorry.” On hearing his apology, the rate at which she was hitting him reduced drastically while her sobbing increased immensely.

What was she doing allowing him to hug her? Did she belong in his arms or in Fola’s arms? Both men had disappointed her and at that point she knew she was a single lady, she quickly withdrew from Muyiwa’s hug and made to clean her face with her palms.

“Leave my house.” she blurted.
“What? I came to see you, to talk things through, to start afresh.” he begged with his hands stretched towards her for another embrace.
“Don’t even think about it, talk about what?” she sobbed, “do you know what I’ve been through all these time? You just think you can make an appearance and everything goes back to normal, ehn?” she asked with the tears flowing freely this time, she made no effort to clean it. Today had simply topped the chart of bad days for her, “Just leave.” she concluded and turned her back at him only to find her father standing in front of her.

He was crying, she had totally forgotten that her dad was feeling morose all this time, “Baami why are you crying?” she asked while cleaning his face with her hands.

“Abike, forgive me. Muyiwa has done nothing wrong, its all my fault. I’m sorry.” he replied.
“Uhn?” she asked, confusion was an understatement for what she felt at that point. She turned to see Muyiwa’s face for any confirmation or disaproval of what her father was about to say only to realise he was gone.

-------

After his tête-à-tête with Ore, they had gone to see Dami who was awake by the time they got to the room where she was staying. Even though Femi observed that she had worn a worried expression on sighting him at first but after she had exchanged some silent facial messages with Ore, she had begun to smile again.

He had promised to come check on her again tomorrow, that would be a better time to extract the details of her ‘emotional stress’ wahala from her. He made sure to quote the emotional stress in his mind, he just had no idea what the problem was.

Her boyfriend had not even left him with a clue, he made a mental note to call Titi as soon as he got home. She would be able to advise him on what to do, there was no way he would allow maami know about it until the matter would be resolved; even if it was a simple solution that had been provided.

His thoughts was interrupted by Chuks who spoke from the back seat,
“Thanks man, as in today was just on point. I had fun at the cinema and then you rounded it off beautifully by introducing me to your georgeous sister.” he grinned , the way he was smiling one would be scared that his smile would soon form a union with his ears.

Femi looked at him from the mirror and smiled, “she is a small girl oh and besides she has a boyfriend. Do you remember the guy we met at the hospital?” he asked.

“Ouch! Too bad,” Chuks replied, “anyways she is a fine girl sha.”
“Thanks jawe, I mean for everything. You and Princess, I really appreciate you both accompanying me to the hospital.”

“You are welcome,” Princess who had been quiet all the while spoke, “and ignore Chuks, all the girls he has isn’t enough for him. If he goes near your sister be sure to chase him with a machete.” she joked.
“Wicked girl,” Chuks interrupted while laughing also.

“Uhm, please wait Femi. I want to quickly get something from this store.” Princess spoke, they were almost approaching their house and she was yet to buy the jar of mayonnaise her mum had instructed her to buy.

“You want to get something?” he said, more of a question.
“Yes, you guys just wait. I’ll be fast.” she replied while coming out of the car.

Chuks brought out his phone and began to play a song loudly from it while singing along, “So you still think I am confident and damn
Is this gonna last?
You’re up on a pedastal
Are we moving too fast?
Feels like I’m in crazy competition with the past
That’s why I gotta ask…”

“Chuks ooooooo,” Femi interrupted, “Please abeg, reduce the volume or just use earpiece biko. I’m not a fan of Drake, no offense.”he pleaded.
“Sorry about that, you don’t know what you’re missing sha.” Chuks apologised while plugging in his earpiece to his phone.

From his side mirror, Femi saw Princess coming out of the store with a white nylon in her hands, she stopped to greet a girl who looked much younger.

He smiled as he saw Princess’ face break into a smile but his smile quickly disappeared when another girl came and started talking to Princess, the smile on her face was then replaced by a face that looked timid and terrified.

That was the first time he was seeing the jovial, playful and daring tomboy he adored look like a weakling.

Whoever the other lady was, he knew she had some superiority over Princess and he did not like the thought of that at all.

————

“What did he say?” she asked, a part of her was terrified that the feud between her father and Osagie was yet to be over while another part of her was hopeful that things would eventually become calm.

“He wants to see me tomorrow,” he replied while handing her the phone.
“See you? As in you alone or both of us?” she asked, it was best to be inquisitive in times like this. As far as she knew, a meeting between Osagie and her father was like a mixture of oil and water, they simple were not compatible.

“He specifically instructed me to come alone, baby don’t get worried over that. If I have to ask your hand in marriage properly then I really need him to see me as a son-in-law.” He explained while cupping her cheeks with his palms.

He gave her a lingering kiss on the lips and broke the kiss while gasping for air. He hurriedly pulled his shirt off while looking her deep into her eyes as though he was on a quest to read the thoughts that lied within her head.

“You are still worried, huh?” he asked while his fingers traced her jaw line.
She shivered and whispered a silent, “yes”

“Don’t worry about that for now, lets worry about now. Where were we before that phone call?” he asked with a smug smile on his face.

“You really do not remember?” she asked playfully while walking away from him making sure she swayed her hips in the process.

“Not so fast.” he halted her by pulling her back to him and grabbing her by the hips while grazing his lips against hers with full force.

Even though he had told her not to worry, the truth was he was very much worried and anxious about the meeting with his supposed father-in-law the next day.

4 Likes

Re: Meant To Be by SexySapphire(f): 10:38pm On Jul 28, 2014
Welcome back Stef, it's good avin u back

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by VivyGift(f): 11:33pm On Jul 28, 2014
Yippeeee!!! I'm happy stef is back.

Welcome back baby. Missed you and tnks for the mention grin

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by dammygoody(m): 11:55pm On Jul 28, 2014
Welcome back Steph...good to have you back..missed you wink

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by Nobody: 1:08am On Jul 29, 2014
dammygoody: Welcome back Steph...good to have you back..missed you wink
★hallo man
Re: Meant To Be by dammygoody(m): 7:45am On Jul 29, 2014
snowprince07: ★hallo man
The only prince whose kingdom is in the snow grin ..how're you doing bro.?

1 Like

Re: Meant To Be by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 29, 2014
dammygoody: The only prince whose kingdom is in the snow grin ..how're you doing bro.?
★hehehe grincheesy my oga i dey oo.hw u??
Re: Meant To Be by dammygoody(m): 9:00am On Jul 29, 2014
snowprince07: ★hehehe grincheesy my oga i dey oo.hw u??
grin I'm good o...
Re: Meant To Be by Nobody: 9:12am On Jul 29, 2014
dammygoody: grin I'm good o...
★ok nah tank God 4 dat

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply)

WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) / Daughters / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.