Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:39 PM

Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? (1639 Views)

7 Areas A Girl Who Truly Loves You Look At / I'll Love To Be Married By July 2015 But I Don't Even Have A Girlfriend / No Man Can Be Truly Happy Without A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by arianne(f): 11:17pm On Jul 13, 2008
i guess every lady dreams of that day she wear that lovely gown and walk down the isle with d guy of her dreams to be joined together, it can truly be wonderful. but without it, does it mean u can't be truly fulfiled in the eyes of the society? no matter a woman's achievement and class would she always be a step behind if she's not married?

yeah, i ask because my folks are on my case and i aint really keen rite now. angry

sadly, am on my way out of another relationship!
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by CH3COO(m): 11:22pm On Jul 13, 2008
arianne:

i guess every lady dreams of that day she wear that lovely gown and walk down the isle with d guy of her dreams
lies.
to be joined together, it can truly be wonderful.
or it can unquenchable pain in the ass
but without it, does it mean u can't be truly fulfiled in the eyes of the society?
what's your definition of fulfillment?  ask oprah, she'll tell you she doesn't need a guy to be fulfilled.
no matter a woman's achievement and class would she always be a step behind if she's not married?
again, no.

yeah, i ask because my folks are on my case and i aint really keen rite now. angry

sadly, am on my way out of another relationship!
try me.
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by Gamine(f): 11:27pm On Jul 13, 2008
Free Radical! angry

@Arianne.

Marriage as you know was established by God
and yes, it is very fulfilling.

But its best to burn now than to get burnt in marriage

You know it isnt something to rush into
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by CH3COO(m): 11:28pm On Jul 13, 2008
Gamine:

Free Radical! angry

@Arianne.

Marriage as you know was established by God
and yes, it is very fulfilling.

But its best to burn now than to get burnt in marriage

You know it isnt something to rush into
burn with me. let's burn together.
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by Gamine(f): 11:30pm On Jul 13, 2008
LOL.
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by arianne(f): 11:40pm On Jul 13, 2008
@gamine- xactly my fear. i knw i cant stand the pressures of marriage rite now and i dont wanna get in only to be lookin for the back door. its a big step and i avnt met anyone to assure me its a step worth taking with him. unfortunately , my folks just keep marking the calander telling me am gonna be 26 soon.

@ch3coo- sorry darl, u gonna have to burn alone on this one. regarding oprah, u would be suprised most pple view her as successful but not necessarily fulfiled.
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by Gamine(f): 11:43pm On Jul 13, 2008
26?

my sister just got married at 27.

if you let your folks get to you, it will only turn out bad.

They arent the ones going into the union.

Plss oh, na ur life.
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by CH3COO(m): 11:52pm On Jul 13, 2008
arianne:

@gamine- xactly my fear. i knw i can't stand the pressures of marriage rite now and i don't want to get in only to be lookin for the back door. its a big step and i avnt met anyone to assure me its a step worth taking with him. unfortunately , my folks just keep marking the calander telling me am going to be 26 soon.

@ch3coo- sorry darl, u going to have to burn alone on this one. regarding oprah, u would be suprised most people view her as successful but not necessarily fulfiled.
is anyone ever fulfilled?  But umm my point is, she doesn't need a guy to be fulfilled.

Gamine:

LOL.

Gamine.  Your lol is not exactly the answer to my proposal. Together we can enjoy the sensations of nocturnal activities.
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by cescky(m): 11:54pm On Jul 13, 2008
shocked
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by Gamine(f): 11:56pm On Jul 13, 2008
C'mon Free

Fulfill me
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by CH3COO(m): 12:01am On Jul 14, 2008
you dont' want it
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jul 14, 2008
@ poster

Unless these so called relatives all have happy marriages, which I doubt i don't see any reason why they should pressurize you!
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by Radiant(f): 12:06am On Jul 14, 2008
Dearie, better tell your folks how you feel about marriage at the moment. After the wedding ceremony it's only you and your husband that will go home. Whatever happens afterwards is your own cheese cake. No pressure at 25, pls
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by doyin13(m): 12:08am On Jul 14, 2008
But folks, marriage is to be dreaded na. . . .

It has and will always require a little prodding
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by lonelypal(m): 12:09am On Jul 14, 2008
Gamine:

26?

my sister just got married at 27.

if you let your folks get to you, it will only turn out bad.

They arent the ones going into the union.

Plss oh, na your life.

27, 28, 29, 30, 31, we are counting grin

@ Gamine

Ow long can u wait? if ur not hooked can u plsssssss wait for me

@ poster

kip ur head up gurl, Gods time is near grin grin grin
I wil soon propose to u cheesy
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by Gamine(f): 12:11am On Jul 14, 2008

You are suffering from attention spam
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by CH3COO(m): 12:12am On Jul 14, 2008
Wait did you say 25?  shocked your life is over.  your eggs are being recycled at a swift pace.
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by Nobody: 12:15am On Jul 14, 2008
CH3COO:

Wait did you say 25? shocked your life is over. your eggs are being recycled at a swift pace.

Shut up, demented being!
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by CH3COO(m): 12:16am On Jul 14, 2008
are you here to stink up the place or to contribute to the topic?
quit stalking me
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by onyinye2(f): 12:20am On Jul 14, 2008
@topic

of course it is every young girl's dream to be married to "prince charming"and be whisked off to a life of love and passion. But marriage is a big step in life. it is not something worth rushing into. in some sense yes, especially in the states, a woman isn't seen accomplished if she never marries. But me i would loved to be one day married to the man of my dreams but if life doesn't deal me that card, then i just have to learn to live with it. it would be hard but i'll live.
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 14, 2008
onyinye2:

@topic

[b]of course it is every young girl's dream to be married to "prince charming"[/b]and be whisked off to a life of love and passion. But marriage is a big step in life. it is not something worth rushing into. in some sense yes, especially in the states, a woman isn't seen accomplished if she never marries. But me i would loved to be one day married to the man of my dreams but if life doesn't deal me that card, then i just have to learn to live with it. it would be hard but i'll live.

Those are babies who still read fairy tales. A grown up lady should know better than to wait for a prince charming riding a white horse!
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by CH3COO(m): 12:23am On Jul 14, 2008
michelin89:

Those are babies who still read fairy tales. A grown up lady should know better than to wait for a prince charming riding a white horse!

lol. onyinye is an idealist don't mind her.
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by onyinye2(f): 12:25am On Jul 14, 2008
@michelin

i said and i quote "young girl's dream". come on now. lets use our thinking caps tonight.
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by Gamine(f): 12:27am On Jul 14, 2008
I want a Charming guy in a White Jet sha.
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 14, 2008
onyinye2:

@michelin

i said and i quote "young girl's dream". come on now. lets use our thinking caps tonight.

Someone who still uses terms like "dream man" shouldn't even mention anything that refers to being logical.

What makes you different from those girls when you have also build an image of an ideal man you'd like to get married to?

PS: Sorry i won't come on. Right now I can only go and do that washing up, take a shower and go to bed!
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by CH3COO(m): 12:28am On Jul 14, 2008
onyinye2:

@michelin

yes please let's do.  as if we haven't learned enough about faulty generalizations.
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by CH3COO(m): 12:29am On Jul 14, 2008
holler gamine. grin
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by Gamine(f): 12:29am On Jul 14, 2008
O.oo

Do u hv the goods?
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by CH3COO(m): 12:34am On Jul 14, 2008
forget the goods gamine. i have to come you with true love.
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by Gamine(f): 12:41am On Jul 14, 2008
ok lets see it.
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by CH3COO(m): 12:43am On Jul 14, 2008
abeg phone me make i get your address i go come show you.
Re: Do You Need To Be Married To Be Truly Fulfilled? by Gamine(f): 12:45am On Jul 14, 2008
i dont have credit na angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is He Cheating Or Tired Of The Relationship / The Pretty Thief Who Stole My Car - True Story From FaceBook / Four Kisses You Must Master

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.