Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) (10034 Views)

For Peace To Reign In NASS, Tambuwal Should Resign - SAN / Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. / Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 08, 2013
achi4u: Contrary to what we know as "south betraying south",can same thing be said about north?
Why can't north betray north for once ?

Why should a sane person from south campaign and vote for a northerner in any general election knowing how violent and heartless some of them can be?

Come 2015 election, either south continue to rule this country or the unspeakable happen ....in fact lets go our separate ways.

Bros not anymore. Please ignore Tinubu and don't generalize. We Yorubas have learnt our lesson. Whatever will break this useless country into pieces is what we stand for now. Have you ever wondered how Jonathan won Yoruba States except Osun in 2011 and then clamouring for secession wasn't as sound as this. I doubt any Yoruba would vote Northerner in 2015. We are watching and patiently waiting for APC to give Okorocha the Presidential ticket if not they should forget it. Aboki shall never taste power again till this country disintegrates....Cheers.

5 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by IGBOSON1: 11:37am On Nov 08, 2013
Konmight:
Yes, let's break the useless country into pieces and let everyone answer his father's name. It's never too late to re-build, we shall get there once we break the country into countries. South Korea was able to perform what they call 'Miracle On The Han River' because they freed themselves from the claw of never-do-well North Korea on August 15 1948. Nigeria is never one and shall never be one, our southern leaders made a mistake in 1967(I learnt they couldn't reach compromise as everyone wanted to become Boss) but we have learnt our lesson and history shall not repeat itself lai lai. Tinubu is only wasting his time making alliance with the Northernerns, Awolowo and co decided for us in 1967 but this time around we Yorubas have learnt our lesson and shall not allow any damn leader to decide our fate again cos referendum shall decide not Tinubu or anyone. When I look at Yorubaland what I see is South Korea, this useless forced marriage is really setting us back. God Bless Yorubaland and God Bless Nigeria till it DISINTEGRATES.

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Slizbeat(m): 11:45am On Nov 08, 2013
IGBO-SON:

Lol, wetin dey laf u now??
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by IGBOSON1: 11:53am On Nov 08, 2013
nwabobo: He did pay dearly.

^^^The man may have been a divisive bigot!.....but he had a family and people who loved him, so it was not for the coupists or anyone else to mete out justice! People like Zik should have read the handwriting on the wall and known that we can't possibly live in the same country with these people whose values are distinct from ours and who are so paranoid about us; the killings of southerners in the north in the 50s should have given him and other nationalists a little hint! I suppose this is where you can say that Awo (minus his civil war actions) and Ojukwu had better forsight that the likes of Zik!

6 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 08, 2013
IGBO-SON:

Yes Sir. I have read many articles written by different people on the Bianfra War and I really don't know who to blame hence my conclusion that 'they couldn't reach compromise'. Yes, history will never repeat itself. Yes, I'm also an nl bigot who attacks Igbos during nl tribal e-fight but I will never attack an Igbo in real cos of tribalism. I have Uchenna Obinna and some Igbo guys as close pals so how do I hurt my friends and be labelled a backstabber again. Sir, secession from Nigeria is what most Yorubas are clamouring for now. We shall get there God willing. South Korea became a prosperous nation under 30yrs, thanks to General Park and progressive people who built the country. Once again, we shall get there.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by 10Willywilly: 12:04pm On Nov 08, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^The man may have been a divisive bigot!.....but he had a family and people who loved him, so it was not for the coupists or anyone else to mete out justice! People like Zik should have read the handwriting on the wall and known that we can't possibly live in the same country with these people whose values are distinct from ours and who are so paranoid about us; the killings of southerners in the north in the 50s should have given him and other nationalists a little hint! I suppose this is where you can say that Awo (minus his civil war actions) and Ojukwu had better forsight that the likes of Zik!
Zik was a Dreamer
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by IGBOSON1: 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2013
Konmight:
Yes Sir. I have read many articles written by different people on the Bianfra War and I really don't know who to blame hence my conclusion that 'they couldn't reach compromise'. Yes, history will never repeat itself. Yes, I'm also an nl bigot who attacks Igbos during nl tribal e-fight but I will never attack an Igbo in real cos of tribalism. I have Uchenna Obinna and some Igbo guys as close pals so how do I hurt my friends and be labelled a backstabber again. Sir, secession from Nigeria is what most Yorubas are clamouring for now. We shall get there God willing. South Korea became a prosperous nation under 30yrs, thanks to General Park and progressive people who built the country. Once again, we shall get there.

^^^Gods' speed!

2 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by oiseworld: 12:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
Me_Aboki: OP is just advertising his sheer ignorance, so IBB (gwari), Aliyu Attah (Igbira) and Abacha (Shuwa) are all Hausa-Fulani? SMH.

As for the so called northern dominance, lets examine how things should have played out if the rules of democracy and simple majority were to apply.
Accordingly southerners would never have had a whiff of the presidency or its equivalent because the majority of the monolithic north would always come up trumps first.

Southerners know and are jealous of this and had since been manipulating the rules (shifting the goalpost so to speak) to overcome the northern majority.

When they failed through the ballot box they took power forceful through Nigeria's first coup and failed subsequently after the tables were turned.

Secondly, they tried with some degree of success to forment the seeds of discord along ethnic and religious lines between the core north and the middle belt (though I am not saying that the Hausa/Fulani/Kanuris played no role in this) so as to reduce this majority, and continue to use their southern owned newspapers to stoke the flames of unrest between these northern groups, so that today the north is divided more than ever before.

Thirdly, they introduced the concept of rotational presidency thereby distorting the very principle of democracy - which northerners accepted if only to have peace.

Fourthly, they also introduced the concept of geopolitical zoning for the same reason - which again the north accepted only for sake of peace.

In addition, after laying down these ground rules, who was first to break them out greed? Yes, it was the southerners who insisted on taking over when it was clearly not their turn - even so, the northerners reluctantly accepted just to have peace.

Currently, who is also breaking a gentlemen's agreement to run for only one term so that north could resume its missed turn; if not our present retardeen - where even credible sources such as the BBC have reported on the said agreement, yet in the face of it all this, he and his lying cheating southern folks wish to pretend otherwise.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-1233901

It is very rare in history and highly unlikely for ppl to voluntarily give up power just like that, yet northerners have ceded power to the south for sake of peace.

It is therefore extremely painful to hear some southerners, still wet behind the ears and without thinking, repeatedly spewing out the myth and false propaganda accusing northerners of having a born to rule mentality - wherein it is actually the southerners who have always demonstrated the propensity, via their by hook or by crook attitude, for I must rule mentality.

In view of the foregoing, it should be evidently clear that there would be no formula under which the southerners will be satisfied with the north, due to their (southerners) greed and selfishness.

Therefore the only way forward is for this country to divide - the north would actually be far better off on its own in the long run; while southerners can go on and self implode, consuming themselves in their own greed.

How come I've read ur post over and over again and only the last paragraph seems to make sense.

You claim the north have always given way for peace to reign. I bet you where joking shee?

Northerners have never been gentlemen, they never would be. They are violent people and they have an history for it from the days of Muhammed down to usman Dan fodio and today boko haram. They are the sponsors, the middle men and the willing foot soilders. Pls, history can not lie, we have withnessed with our eyes and heard with our ears, how then then do we lie to ourselves.

I keep praying for the peace and unity of this country, but it seems more and more inevitable.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by ak47mann(m): 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2013
NIGER-AREA coolNIGER-AREA
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Slizbeat(m): 12:39pm On Nov 08, 2013
ak47mann: NIGER-AREA coolNIGER-AREA

That reminds me, NIGER means BLACK. In a way it's called An Area where Blacks stay. But again, A black area means a DANGER ZONE or a NO-GO Area.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Beaf1: 12:46pm On Nov 08, 2013
Give us another southerner NOT this retarded and black hatted fisherman. He is clueless. cheesy

Give us Fashola or a better man. Or are they also northerners?

If the Retardeen is allowed to rule until 2019 will the world end? 1999 was just like yesterday, nothing much has changed.

I need a good and intelligent president even if we have to borrow one from Cameroun grin

This is my mindset and intend to keep it.
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by nwabobo: 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2013
Beaf!:
Give us another southerner NOT this retarded and black hatted fisherman. He is clueless. cheesy

Give us Fashola or a better man. Or are they also northerners?

If the Retardeen is allowed to rule until 2019 will the world end? 1999 was just like yesterday, nothing much has changed.

I need a good and intelligent president even if we have to borrow one from Cameroun grin

This is my mindset and intend to keep it.
What if it's the "black hatted fisherman" against a 'born to rule' protege, who gets your vote?
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by 99100(m): 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2013
NO to northern-muslim leadership!
NO to Hausa/Fulani leadership!
#i rest my case#

2 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by IGBOSON1: 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2013
Slizbeat:

That reminds me, NIGER means BLACK. In a way it's called An Area where Blacks stay. But again, A black area means a DANGER ZONE or a NO-GO Area.

^^^Who named that river 'Nig(g)er' sef? undecided..... seeing as the word 'nigger' was a derogatory term for black slaves at the time!

I would imagine that as Lugard and his chick sat down for a quiet dinner, and as she served herself some mashed potatoes she 'innocently' suggests the name 'nigger-area' for his new country; they would have both looked at themselves momentarily.....and then fallen off their seats as they laughed their heads off! sad

10 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Beaf1: 3:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
nwabobo: What if it's the "black hatted fisherman" against a 'born to rule' protege, who gets your vote?

I told you I dont really care where he comes from.

I have read your opinions up there and you I are definitely not thinking the same. Let me ask you a question: Will you vote for Fashola or any other smart person from the southwest if they contest in 2015 against your slow and clueless brother GEJ?
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Osoldier: 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2013
Get your fact right, go to you father asking him where INSPECTOR GENERAL OF police then come from ALIU ATTA is from Ebira land not Hausa/ Fulani as u purported. please stoping confusing ppl who are lazy to read and make sure you post fact.
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 08, 2013
No matter how we southerners choose to say, the fact still remains that we are in this sh!+ because of the greed of zik.
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by nwabobo: 3:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
Beaf!:

I told you I dont really care where he comes from.

I have read your opinions up there and you I are definitely not thinking the same. Let me ask you a question: Will you vote for Fashola or any other smart person from the southwest if they contest in 2015 against your slow and clueless brother GEJ?

What stops the party that would present Fashola or a 'smart person' from the SW presenting a 'smart person' from the SS/SE?

5 Likes

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by nwabobo: 3:50pm On Nov 08, 2013
O soldier: Get your fact right, go to you father asking him where INSPECTOR GENERAL OF police then come from ALIU ATTA is from Ebira land not Hausa/ Fulani as u purported. please stoping confusing ppl who are lazy to read and make sure you post fact.
I think you are the person who needs to go see an ophthalmologist. If not, you would have seen that after his name, I described him as a Northerner/Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by UyiIredia(m): 3:51pm On Nov 08, 2013
nwabobo: Apt James, very apt. It's a pity that most of our Southern brothers can not smell the coffee.

I have smelt the coffee. The Northerners, especially their political class, want continue enjoying ill-gotten oil wealth to the detriment of the country.
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Adamskuty(m): 4:04pm On Nov 08, 2013
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Desric(m): 4:52pm On Nov 08, 2013
nwabobo: In that case, don't you think it's time to break up the country so that each zone can do whatever they like?
And you think if this country breaks up today, there won't be other mushroom zones inside the new Nations? "Without equal rights and Justice, there will be no peace" so Nigeria's problem is simply that of social injustice, Nepotism and lack of Patriotism and not that of tribe, Religion or Region/Zones.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Desric(m): 4:58pm On Nov 08, 2013
kettykin: Some betraying southerners helped the north to dominate and marginalise the South, the same southerners are working tirelessly day and night to bring back the same order where the north will be the predator notable among them are Tinubu and Obasanjo, previously it was awolowo who rather than back ogundipe to become the head of state chose the in existent post of vice president to a military head of state, Abiola did the same thing by choosing to sponsor 1983 coup that truncated a democratically elected government and also sponsored coup against the only true and level headed yoruba leader earnest shonekan.

What the South East and South south will witness if power goes back to the north either in 2015 or 2019 will be a child's play compared to what happened in the late 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s when they were just observers in a northern led government where only Edo state got some recognition. This is why these 2 regions must fight for an SNC or be prepared to play the role of 6th class citizens
Point of correction, Abiola never sponsored the coup against Shonekan, even those who installed Shonekan knew that he will never survive the heat to even plan for the Transition program, you should talking people David Mark and co. That's btw, so you guys know that if power eventually go back to North that you'll be playing the role of a 6th citizen, so why start a fight you cannot finish? My candid advice is that they break up or else as usual, the 'Marginalisation' crying dogs will harder, louder and longer this time.
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Desric(m): 5:08pm On Nov 08, 2013
owobokiri:

Very very dearly.... Very instructive too that in less that an hour of solid bravery, Nzeogwu was able to put an end to the expanding ruthlessness that was~is fulani politics in Nigeria... It took another 30 months of attrition spearheaded by the same bunch of clueless southerners to put the far north back on top,..we have been messed up ever since
Imagine how people reason, so if only the Southerners is continually leading this country then the Northerners would have become saints, 'Aboki, Mallam, hopeless people who doesn't know anything' right? At Independence, was oil as booming as it is now? Was the Northern man the Premier of the Southern or Eastern Religion? Was a Northerner the Governor General or the Leader of the Parliament? So where did they Marginalise the south so much within 6years of independence to warrant such cold blooded coup? Why didn't the coupists kill their southern brothers as they did the Northerners weren't they all in same Govt? I even wish they will divide this country let me see how the south especially SE will turn Dubai overnight with all their dull brains and myopic thinking.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2013
Desric: Point of correction, Abiola never sponsored the coup against Shonekan, even those who installed Shonekan knew that he will never survive the heat to even plan for the Transition program, you should talking people David Mark and co. That's btw, so you guys know that if power eventually go back to North that you'll be playing the role of a 6th citizen, so why start a fight you cannot finish? My candid advice is that they break up or else as usual, the 'Marginalisation' crying dogs will harder, louder and longer this time.

So, which coup did abiola sponsor?
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Desric(m): 5:26pm On Nov 08, 2013
achi4u: Contrary to what we know as "south betraying south",can same thing be said about north?
Why can't north betray north for once ?

Why should a sane person from south campaign and vote for a northerner in any general election knowing how violent and heartless some of them can be?

Come 2015 election, either south continue to rule this country or the unspeakable happen ....in fact lets go our separate ways.

Naivity, and if south vote south and North vote North, who do you think will win in a general election? Besides, I think the southerners are very confused, they all does not want any southerner to vote for a Northerner, still they crucified Buhari that he said "Muslim vote Muslim, Christian vote Christian" of which I do not know how truthful the statement is.
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by nwabobo: 6:20pm On Nov 08, 2013
ngozievergreen:

So, which coup did abiola sponsor?
Abiola sponsored all the coups from 1976.
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 08, 2013
I get your drift but the Chief of the Air Staff in the photo is late Air Marshal Nureni Yusuf who was from Lagos. Late Air Marshal Alfa was much taller than all his colleagues (I believe he was taller than Gen Buhari)
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
Notwithstanding my observation that it's Yusuf and not Alfa, I am also among those people who believe the North has had its day - a region can't rule a country for all but 15 years in its 53 years as an independent nation and cry about being marginalised.
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Fulaman198(m): 7:08pm On Nov 08, 2013
There is no such thing as Hausa-Fulani. Hausa and Fulani are two different ethnic groups. I'm sure some of you would be happy if Northerners coined the term Yoruba-Igbo. The OP is just a naive child.

1 Like

Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Fulaman198(m): 7:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
Me_Aboki: OP is just advertising his sheer ignorance, so IBB (gwari), Aliyu Attah (Igbira) and Abacha (Shuwa) are all Hausa-Fulani? SMH.

As for the so called northern dominance, lets examine how things should have played out if the rules of democracy and simple majority were to apply.
Accordingly southerners would never have had a whiff of the presidency or its equivalent because the majority of the monolithic north would always come up trumps first.

Southerners know and are jealous of this and had since been manipulating the rules (shifting the goalpost so to speak) to overcome the northern majority.

When they failed through the ballot box they took power forceful through Nigeria's first coup and failed subsequently after the tables were turned.

Secondly, they tried with some degree of success to forment the seeds of discord along ethnic and religious lines between the core north and the middle belt (though I am not saying that the Hausa/Fulani/Kanuris played no role in this) so as to reduce this majority, and continue to use their southern owned newspapers to stoke the flames of unrest between these northern groups, so that today the north is divided more than ever before.

Thirdly, they introduced the concept of rotational presidency thereby distorting the very principle of democracy - which northerners accepted if only to have peace.

Fourthly, they also introduced the concept of geopolitical zoning for the same reason - which again the north accepted only for sake of peace.

In addition, after laying down these ground rules, who was first to break them out greed? Yes, it was the southerners who insisted on taking over when it was clearly not their turn - even so, the northerners reluctantly accepted just to have peace.

Currently, who is also breaking a gentlemen's agreement to run for only one term so that north could resume its missed turn; if not our present retardeen - where even credible sources such as the BBC have reported on the said agreement, yet in the face of it all this, he and his lying cheating southern folks wish to pretend otherwise.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-1233901

It is very rare in history and highly unlikely for ppl to voluntarily give up power just like that, yet northerners have ceded power to the south for sake of peace.

It is therefore extremely painful to hear some southerners, still wet behind the ears and without thinking, repeatedly spewing out the myth and false propaganda accusing northerners of having a born to rule mentality - wherein it is actually the southerners who have always demonstrated the propensity, via their by hook or by crook attitude, for I must rule mentality.

In view of the foregoing, it should be evidently clear that there would be no formula under which the southerners will be satisfied with the north, due to their (southerners) greed and selfishness.

Therefore the only way forward is for this country to divide - the north would actually be far better off on its own in the long run; while southerners can go on and self implode, consuming themselves in their own greed.

A lot of what you said is true, however, I do not see the reason why people can not just get along. There are countries that have several ethnic groups and religions (India is probably more diverse than Nigeria in that it has more religious groups, more Muslims and more Christians than Nigeria), yet India is excelling in the right direction.

What are we doing in Nigeria?
Re: Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 08, 2013
Lets pray that Nigeria divide before 2015 election... Nigeria is on Injury Time...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

VP, Osinbajo Interacts With Council On Foreign Relations In New York, USA (photo / Yar’adua To Attend Jumat Service / Does Jomo Gbomo Really Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.