Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor (2408 Views)

Statement From PDP Governorship Candidate Who Allegedly Removed Transformer / Post-election Statement By The Only Female Presidential Aspirant / Jonathan Procured A Judgement To Disqualify Buhari - Press Statement From APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by plaindealer: 4:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
By Gov. Babatunde Fashola.

NOV 8,2013

ANAMBRA GUBER: APC RESOLVES TO ENSURE ACHIEVEMENT OF A NEW BEGINNING FOR A GREATER NIGERIA

· Fashola advocates adherence to rule of law, fiscally, politically

The All Progressives Congress (APC), Wednesday in Abuja resolved to ensure that a new and greater Nigerian Republic is achieved beginning with the November 16 governorship election in Anambra State.

At a Dinner organized by the All Progressives Congress (APC) Governors’ Forum in honour of the Party’s candidate for the November 16, 2013 Governorship election Anambra State, Senator Chris Ngige, speaker after speaker underscored the urgent need to salvage the sinking ship of the nation saying it is achievable on the platform of the Party.

In his opening address at the occasion, Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), advocated strict adherence to the rule of law both fiscally and politically as the only viable means to build a perfect Federal Republic arguing that those talking of a possible breakup of the country were doing so out of ignorance of the historical precedence and the repercussions of such an act.

Governor Fashola, said instead of talking of a breakup, Nigerians should endeavour to perfect what they already have which, according to him, is the Republic adding that the APC, though new on the political scene was out to offer Nigerians a credible alternative in pursuit of a truer and better country.

Noting that the challenge facing the nation today was not borne out of ethnic cleansing, terrorism or other social anomalies, Governor Fashola declared, “I stand here to proclaim that the problem facing Nigeria is as a result of our inability to build on our founding fathers’ efforts to build a more perfect union. By this, I mean that we should be perfecting something that has already developed and that is our Federal Republic”.

He expressed dismay that although the nation’s founding fathers set out to achieve a perfect republic through making their regional public finances more sustainable, their economies more competitive and their balance sheets robust through regional productive endeavours, those following behind failed to build on such solid foundation.

“Our country’s founding fathers have demonstrated the fiscal prowess in making their regional public finances more sustainable, their economies more competitive and their balance sheets robust through regional productive endeavours. In short, they had remarkable templates for their regional development which were in consonance with their God-given natural resources”, the Governor noted.

He, however, expressed delight that with the entry of the APC into the nation’s political scene, the terrain was already changing adding, “Although we had set out to form a political party, we seem to have already achieved more than that. The APC is daily growing into a movement on a quest for a more perfect union for our country”.

“It is also obvious, from the diversity of APC’s growing membership, that more clearly, we have taken cognizance of our ethnic diversity. Therefore, though tribe and tongue may differ, in brotherhood we stand”, the Governor said adding that the occasion marked a new beginning for the country.

Governor Fashola told his colleagues, “Tonight, therefore, with a lot of optimism in my heart, I welcome you all to a new beginning for our country. Yes, it is true that we are now at crossroads of some sort and some nay seers are predicting that our house would not stand much longer. Tonight, I welcome you to join us to prove the nay seers wrong. I welcome you to a night that herald a new dawn for our country”.

“The APC Family believes that this Federal House will stand if we accept that real and present day situation is as a result of our neglect to improve on what we already have by insisting on a Federation governed by the rule of law fiscally and politically. This is important because more nations are a work in progress which is never fully done”, the Governor said.

According to him, “The APC believes that the imperfections of our country are merely the imperfections of men and women and they can be made better by men and women who now come out in the APC”.

Introducing the Party’s Candidate for the November 16, 2013 Governorship candidate for Anambra State, Senator Chris Ngige, Governor Fashola said he was the candidate going into the election carrying the banner of the APC and all that it stands for Nigerians adding that the candidate was going to fulfill the mission of the Party.

Urging the Governors to support and contribute to the Candidate’s venture to enable him fulfill his mission, the Governor declared, “We are all stakeholders in our country. We need help and if we all do our best to preserve our Republic, this is where our children will also live”.

The Governor paid glowing tribute to the leadership and membership of the APC pointing out that the dinner and other such occasions would have been impossible ‘without the patriotism of our leaders and members who believe resolutely that Nigeria remains more important than the totality of all our previous political flags, colours and symbols ‘.

“Let me remind you that our journey tonight would not have been possible if we had listened to those who told us at the beginning that the merger of political parties never succeeded in Nigeria. We would not be here tonight without the patriotism of our leaders and members who believe resolutely that Nigeria remains more important than the totality of all our previous political flags, colours and symbols.

“I salute their patriotism, because those flags and colours have now given way to the flag, symbols and colours of the APC. This has happened because they have decided to offer Nigerians a credible alternative to pursue a truer and better country”, Governor Fashola said.

Earlier, in his opening remarks, Chairman of the occasion and first civilian Governor of Abia State, Chief Ogbonnaya Onu, said the mission of APC in the political terrain of the country was to help Nigerians to realize the Nigerian dream, adding, ” By the Nigerian dream, all Nigerians will have to be mobilized to put in their best in everything that they do”.

“When development is anchored on the principles of democracy, freedom, the rule of law, justice and equity, this will help us move our people from the valley of despair to the mountain top of progress, achievement and prosperity. This should be our clarion call as we prepare for our general elections in 2015 starting with the November 16 Governorship election in Anambra State”, the Chairman said.

Highlight of the occasion was the presentation of Dr. Ngige as the Governorship candidate of the APC in the November 16 Governorship election in Anambra State by the National Chairman of the Party, Chief Bisi Akande who was assisted by other leaders of the Party including Chief Ogbonnaya Onu, Major General Mohammadu Buhari (rtd) and APC Governors.

Others who spoke at the occasion included, National leader of the Party, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, former Head of State, Major General Mohammadu Buhari (rtd), Governor Rochas Okoroch of Imo State and the Governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole.

In his acceptance speech, Dr. Ngige noted the onerous task of being the Party’s Candidate in the election pointing out that it is the first major battle in the war which the Progressives in the country are waging against the feudalists in the bid to save Nigeria from total collapse.

Thanking both the leadership and membership of the Party for making him their choice, Dr. Ngige declared, “Now, I am the General going into battle to secure victory and win Anambra State for the Progressives and I promise to deliver on this mission. By November 16, we shall be celebrating the victory all over Nigeria”.

Also Present at the occasion was other APC governors including Governor of Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, his Ogun, Osun, Zamfara, Borno, Nassarawa, Edo and Oyo counterparts, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, Mallam Abdulaziz Abubakar Yari, Kassim Shettima, Tanko Almakura, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole and Senator Abiola Ajumobi respectively, other political leaders, members and supporters of the APC.

SIGNED:

HAKEEM BELLO

SPECIAL ADVISER ON MEDIA TO H.E

NOVEMBER 08, 2013

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by plaindealer: 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2013
Very insightful and thoughtful speech for the people of Anambra as they move away from mediocrity and incompetence and forward into prosperity, development and progress.
Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by agbameta: 4:26pm On Nov 08, 2013
Hopefully the people of Anambra are ready for this momentous and monumental change.
Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by Danhumprey: 4:35pm On Nov 08, 2013
*yawn after reading the lenghty epistle*

Alright,let's see how the election would pan out. This would be an acid-test for the APC.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by lewadear2005: 4:37pm On Nov 08, 2013
nice talk
Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by agbameta: 4:42pm On Nov 08, 2013
Danhumprey: *yawn after reading the lenghty epistle*

Alright,let's see how the election would pan out. This would be an acid-test for the APC.

You can only lead the malu to the stream, but you can not force the malu to drink water.

At the end of the day, it's up to the malu to decide which way forward. Continued stagnation and mediocrity after 8 years or progress and development like plaindealer said. The choice is yours.
Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by pullyacap: 4:46pm On Nov 08, 2013
I am more than willing to wager my trust in this newly formed movement represented in APC whereby while another party is using every means to divide us and put enmity amongst us,APC is doing the needful to help cement the bond of friendship and regional camaraderie that should ordinarily exist among us

A country where an Hausa man don't hate the Igbo and the Yoruba don't despise the SSners

I dare hope,I dare dream!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 08, 2013
GREAT LEADER, GREAT SPEECH.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by 9jaIhail(m): 4:52pm On Nov 08, 2013
Can a cleaner with a broom but has no Parker make a good cleaner? Just a simple question, as for me Anambra does not need a gang star party or should i say children of anger party to achieve it goals. If i may have my way, my first target will be to outlaw this islamic party just as it was nicely done in Egypt. APC is a threat to any democracy, a party that condemns anything done by any Government. This party called APC must be very dangerous than cancer.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by FreeGlobe(f): 4:59pm On Nov 08, 2013
pullyacap: I am more than willing to wager my trust in this newly formed movement represented in APC whereby while another party is using every means to divide us and put enmity amongst us,APC is doing the needful to help cement the bond of friendship and regional camaraderie that should ordinarily exist among us

A country where an Hausa man don't hate the Igbo and the Yoruba don't despise the SSners

cement the bond of friendship indeed by deporting igbos in Lagos abi?
Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by FreeGlobe(f): 5:02pm On Nov 08, 2013
If Ngige eventually wins this election, let it be on record that his party APC contributed absolutely 0% in making his victory possible, Anambra people will support Ngige in ANY party. we will still Vote GEJ 100% in 2015 cool

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by pullyacap: 5:05pm On Nov 08, 2013
9ja_I_hail: Can a cleaner with a broom but has no Parker make a good cleaner? Just a simple question, as for me Anambra does not need a gang star party or should i say children of anger party to achieve it goals. If i may have my way, my first target will be to outlaw this islamic party just as it was nicely done in Egypt. APC is a threat to any democracy, a party that condemns anything done by any Government. This party called APC must be very dangerous than cancer.

It is a pity some of us are probably just experiencing democracy for the 1st time hence always feel and think every1 of us must share the same views and political ideology.

To these latter day democracy experiencers,whoever does not share in their one-way traffic view of life is a terrorist,dissenter and hater of the government! How purile and infantile a thought process

Infact dissent and opposition with an alternative view in every proposition of the ruling party is the real meaning of DEMOCRACY!

You said you don't want military dictatorship because they didn't allow anyone including the media to operate freely yet again it is people like you who also don't want anyone to say otherwise in a democracy....

How confused you lot are!!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by agbameta: 5:05pm On Nov 08, 2013
9ja_I_hail: Can a cleaner with a broom but has no Parker make a good cleaner? Just a simple question, as for me Anambra does not need a gang star party or should i say children of anger party to achieve it goals. If i may have my way, my first target will be to outlaw this islamic party just as it was nicely done in Egypt. APC is a threat to any democracy, a party that condemns anything done by any Government. This party called APC must be very dangerous than cancer.

With your brand of broad generalization, ignorance, religious discrimination and phobia, you are a major and dangerous threat to Nigeria and fellow countrymen.

You sound like the BH folks, in fact, this is how they start.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 08, 2013
Meeting of vultures. How can they decide the fate of Anambra state outside the state

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by agbameta: 5:09pm On Nov 08, 2013
FreeGlobe:
cement the bond of friendship indeed by deporting igbos in Lagos abi?

We do understand that some like you agents of division and backwardness are still around, but humanity knows how to sidestep and sacrifice you in the name of progress.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2013
Jeez,this your (Thought) Process is so reetarded,SMH. So you know so much about Government and yet you don't know that one Party retaining Control of Power in a Democracy is very unhealthy? Or that the Opposition which you deride so has been a Feature of the most Successful Democracies?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 08, 2013
Idi Amin: Meeting of vultures. How can they decide the fate of Anambra state outside the state

Who is "they" and what is decided? All I saw was an endorsement of one party member for another. There's still a fair election to be held soon. That's normal in other democracies. What is there to be afraid of?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by 9jaIhail(m): 5:32pm On Nov 08, 2013
pullyacap:

It is a pity some of us are probably just experiencing democracy for the 1st time hence always feel and think every1 of us must share the same views and political ideology.

To these latter day democracy experiencers,whoever does not share in their one-way traffic view of life is a terrorist,dissenter and hater of the government! How purile and infantile a thought process

Infact dissent and opposition with an alternative view in every proposition of the ruling party is the real meaning of DEMOCRACY!

You said you don't want military dictatorship because they didn't allow anyone including the media to operate freely yet again it is people like you who also don't want anyone to say otherwise in a democracy....

How confused you lot are!!

And from your point of view APC is the opposition a country that poison for development need? When you talk about democracy and people who haven't experienced it i just laughed at you because it is on record that in no time have Nigeria ever experienced true and healthy democracy. If i lied ask your Bamboo and blood soaking master (BUHARI) why he over throned a Democratic elected president. To add salt to injury you children of angers also address a coup plotter like buhari as a progressive. Friend, i supposed you are an intelligent and educated adult, don't play to be ignorant of what qualifies someone to be addressed as a progressive.

For me APC is nothing but a gang star party.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 08, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

And from your point of view APC is the opposition a country that poison for development need? When you talk about democracy and people who haven't experienced it i just laughed at you because it is on record that in no time have Nigeria ever experienced true and healthy democracy. If i lied ask your Bamboo and blood soaking master (BUHARI) why he over throned a Democratic elected president. To add salt to injury you children of angers also address a coup plotter like buhari as a progressive. Friend, i supposed you are an intelligent and educated adult, don't play to be ignorant of what qualifies someone to be addressed as a progressive.

For me APC is nothing but a gang star party.
Hmmn,I hope your School has a Money Back Guarantee...that's assuming you've ever seen the four Walls of one tho

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 08, 2013
FreeGlobe: If Ngige eventually wins this election, let it be on record that his party APC contributed absolutely 0% in making his victory possible, Anambra people will support Ngige in ANY party. we will still Vote GEJ 100% in 2015 cool

AKUKO NA EGWU
Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by 9jaIhail(m): 5:39pm On Nov 08, 2013
koonbey:
Jeez,this your (Thought) Process is so reetarded,SMH. So you know so much about Government and yet you don't know that one Party retaining Control of Power in a Democracy is very unhealthy? Or that the Opposition which you deride so has been a Feature of the most Successful Democracies?

You need to get your head examined, i am too experienced in issues of governance, it is a well known fact that opposition is a way to go but not the one we currently have in form of APC. Take a look at your national publicity secretary called Alhaji liar or whatever his name is and see all his criticism of the present administration then come back and tell me if this is the kind of opposition you find in other peaceful democratic countries.
Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by 9jaIhail(m): 5:41pm On Nov 08, 2013
[s]
koonbey: Hmmn,I hope your School has a Money Back Guarantee...that's assuming you've ever seen the four Walls of one tho
[/s]

Who is this lunatic.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 08, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

You need to get your head examined, i am too experienced in issues of governance, it is a well known fact that opposition is a way to go but not the one we currently have in form of APC. Take a look at your national publicity secretary called Alhaji liar or whatever his name is and see all his criticism of the present administration then come back and tell me if this is the kind of opposition you find in other peaceful democratic countries.
Inasmuch as the APC is not the Opposition we might have wanted,its also known that the Incumbent is far from being a Democrat's Fantasy,so...we manage,until we can push all of them out and put People there who know what they're about. The Fact does not change that if the PDP retains Power in 2015,it will only entrench the Corruption and Impunity which Pervade our Nation and make it much more difficult to dislodge them at any Time in the Future,whereas voting APC in will keep both the incumbent and the Opposition on their Toes once they realize that the Power,truly is with the People.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 08, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Who is this exceptionally astute,progressive and visionary young Man?
....... ...kunbi,at Nigeria's Service wink
Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by Slizbeat(m): 5:53pm On Nov 08, 2013
pullyacap: I am more than willing to wager my trust in this newly formed movement represented in APC whereby while another party is using every means to divide us and put enmity amongst us,APC is doing the needful to help cement the bond of friendship and regional camaraderie that should ordinarily exist among us

The only reason they are sweet mouthing us is because if we divide, they will die off and that means NO MORE LOOTING FOR THEM.
Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by dridowu: 5:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
9ja_I_hail: If i may have my way, my first target will be to outlaw this islamic party
ds ur point just proof dat islam is ur problem not the individual, bro dnt attach sentiment to ds matter go for the man that you believe will move Anambra forward Not backward.
FreeGlobe:
does south west have any resources?
Yes,
Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
Division = no more looting? That's news to me.
Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by pullyacap: 5:59pm On Nov 08, 2013
koonbey: Hmmn,I hope your School has a Money Back Guarantee...that's assuming you've ever seen the four Walls of one tho

I was just about sending an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile(IBM) called Agbelepota to the guy you quoted owing to his purile mindset and terrible tense construct

You can now see type of people one is unfortunately hoping to engage in cerebral political discourse on this forum? I plead the 5th amendment!
Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by Slizbeat(m): 6:01pm On Nov 08, 2013
agbameta:

You can only lead the malu to the stream, but you can not force the malu to drink water.

At the end of the day, it's up to the malu to decide which way forward. Continued stagnation and mediocrity after 8 years or progress and development like plaindealer said. The choice is yours.

Anambra people are not Malus and even if you are trying to pass a message using this Proverb, it doesn't make any sense. The Malu as stated by you might not be in need of water as it already has enough in its system.

LAGOS is not ANAMBRA. As much as what he said was very good, it does not apply to Anambra people. Let them finish up with the SW before extending a helping hand if they are needed. You don't give a helping hand when you are not needed.
Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by 9jaIhail(m): 6:04pm On Nov 08, 2013
koonbey: Inasmuch as the APC is not the Opposition we might have wanted,its also known that the Incumbent is far from being a Democrat's Fantasy,so...we manage,until we can push all of them out and put People there who know what they're about. The Fact does not change that if the PDP retains Power in 2015,it will only entrench the Corruption and Impunity which Pervade our Nation and make it much more difficult to dislodge them at any Time in the Future,whereas voting APC in will keep both the incumbent and the Opposition on their Toes once they realize that the Power,truly is with the People.

Sorry for quoting you third consecutively times, because i hardly quote APC members or PDP as i don't like to involve in any Nigeria political argument. I am not a PDP neither APC nor do i advocate for one Nigeria or continuity of this colonial masters experiment call Nigeria, honestly i have no party and i have not participated in any Nigerian election by voting any politician in. But i am a strong defender and advocate of my lovely Igboland unity, you have me commenting on this topic because it has to do with one of my state, APC is not allowed in our land. Like someone said, it should be on record that if Ngige emerged the winner of the upcoming election, children of anger party shouldn't see it as their hand work rather it should be for ngige's popularity in Anambra.

Don't quote me again, i am busy with U 17 Match and Heineken beer is good with dry meat to enjoy match. Try it mate. Goodnight.
Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by FreeGlobe(f): 6:07pm On Nov 08, 2013
Slizbeat:

The only reason they are sweet mouthing us is because if we divide, they will die off and that means NO MORE LOOTING FOR THEM.
does south west have any resources? now tell me who will die of poverty when Nigeria divides?
Re: Anambra Election. Statement From The Lagos State Governor by Slizbeat(m): 6:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
FreeGlobe:
does south west have any resources? now tell me who will die of poverty when Nigeria divides?

Timber is a part of what stimulates the economy of Ondo(apart from oil). Atleast the little that is available, you know it won't satisfy the greedy set of Politicians. They need greater ones.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger East Bye Election Inconclusive By INEC / Discussion Between Shekau And The Australian Negotiator. / Senator Saraki Has A Word For GEJ!! (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.