Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? (22624 Views)

Why Can't Single People 'Just Say No' To Married People? / Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Prowizy2(m): 2:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
Not married yet, but if i do i'll have access 2 my wife's phone.. But she no way
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by nkwerrrr: 2:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
it depends oh,as 4 me i dnt like d ideal,
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 11, 2013
I have done this and this has led to several revelations.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by ijbeauty(f): 2:58pm On Nov 11, 2013
4 me its beta to kip ur distance frm d fone unless, wen u r asked to "help", because u wil end up gettin or seeing wat u dnt wish 4. #outtaxperience#

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by charleff512(m): 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2013
I and my wife use each other's phone anytime.There should be transparency and sincerity in every union/relationship.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 11, 2013
Advice: Pls, don't check! You can access, thanks.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by everyday: 3:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
No,the last argument I had with my wife was because a woman called me by 7 am and she picked.Women are jealous by nature so the answer is No
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Dannylux: 3:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
who has the time kwanu? undecided
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by RockMaxi: 3:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
Unless you wan give yourself high BP, with all Mugun1, oloshi3 and Stupid4 numbers everywhere... grin grin
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Dubemkelly(m): 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2013
Unless d person in question is a detector, y wud one give him or herself stress over mundane issues? I don't buy such an idea, everybody has their sensitive matters wch r more or less confidential n some folks r security conscious,u r married aint a platform 2 start being nosey in2 ur spouse's life,he or she needs some breath esp wen d r/ship is bonded n no ish of inattention. Let d mattered kept secrets be known 2 d keeper n learn 2 mind ur biz 2 avoid raising dusts in2 sth u can't handle

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by IAMBREEZY: 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2013
nah i love my privacy that's why i usually lock my phones with code so that my gurl won't read my msg cuz she's so suspicious.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Btruth: 3:14pm On Nov 11, 2013
joel lala:

why? Pls can you explain for better understanding

I think each individual still need a small privacy. Such as the phone, it could be a personal thing. Once they trust each other, there shouldn't be any suspicious act to each other, & besides, I don't personally consider it professional for a businessman to leave his phone for his wife to be playing with. I wouldn't want a situation where she will be coming up asking me questions about Angela, Mrs Idowu, Laraba, Aunt Ayo's School e.t.c when she sees their phone numbers on the phone. And trust women with their wahala. And what most women quickly just scan their men's phone for is funny text, and other ladies phone numbers. And truly, I don't see anything wrong with having a female's phone numbers on men's phone...... So, I will suggest that each individuals keep their phones to themselves.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by LookGud: 3:18pm On Nov 11, 2013
joel lala:

why? Pls can you explain for better understanding

If you don't like it, it means you have a skeleton in your cupboard. If you are sincere with yourself, you will allow your wife access to everything that belongs to you, because once married, you have become one.

4 Likes

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 11, 2013
Checking one partner fones doesn't really mean one is looking for something or feeling suspicious u no things like that , I check my partner fone any time we are together because I found many of her bbm friends and twitter followers funny to an extend I personally use to follow some and send request to some cos of their funny dp and broadcasts and what's the big deal if ur partner is faithful there should not be any demon in her cupboard to hide .
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by deols(f): 3:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
I believe marriage is about individuals who have come to be together. That individuality must be respected and is why checking of phones or spying on each other should not happen.

And again, the marriage is to be based on trust..you should not have to snoop on someone you trust.

The phones don't need to have passworss either since no secret is being kept undecided

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by OlamideGirl(f): 3:25pm On Nov 11, 2013
donroxy: There is no bigdeal in playing with the phone of one's patner though not necessarily for witch-hunting !!

if Una fit share una private parts why not private phone grin !!!
i wonder o
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Mickey7(m): 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2013
Hmm
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
deols:

I believe marriage is about individuals who have come to be together. That individuality must be respected and is why checking of phones or spying on each other should not happen.

And again, the marriage is to be based on trust..you should not have to snoop on someone you trust.
but I couldn't figure out anything wrong by knowing any little thing that's going on with my wife even tho I open up for her
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Fecodear(f): 3:34pm On Nov 11, 2013
When he was making the vows, "with my soul I wed you, with my body I honour you and all my worldly goods I share with you.
am sure that also included his phone, besides since it won't be a problem to me if he has access to my phone I don't think it should be a problem to him too.

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
charleff512: I and my wife use each other's phone anytime.There should be transparency and sincerity in every union/relationship.

Thank you bro.
There should be transparency and sincerity in such union.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by brain54(m): 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
seriously wots the big deal if you have nothing to hide? i can submit my phone to even fbi,cia and even nafdac for acessing,screening and investigation cos i am clean. no big deal..i got noting to hide.

2 Likes

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by LookGud: 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
charleff512: I and my wife use each other's phone anytime.There should be transparency and sincerity in every union/relationship.

God bless you my dear.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by deols(f): 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2013
Ola def2: but I couldn't figure out anything wrong by knowing any little thing that's going on with my wife even tho I open up for her

Ask her..

If she finds you snooping even though she has done notjing wrong, how do you think she'd feel?

How would you feel if she does not trust you and starts to spy on you
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by neey1051(m): 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
Privacy wrt to phone use between a couple simply means there's something they're hiding from each other...no wonder there are so many married couple but still living single......'TRUST' is the key/bedrock of any successful marriage.......i'd cross 'SEVEN Seas and Oceans' to find someone whom 'WE' can easily 'BROWSE/CHECK/ACCESS' each other's phone with ANYTIME.....TRUST IS PRICELESS.

4 Likes

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by loswhite(m): 4:01pm On Nov 11, 2013
The fact that u trust sumbody doesn't mean the person can't do otherwise o. Trust is earned over time. If u hav nothing to hide in the first place, why should married ppl have problems goin through each other's phones? Why make it make big deal?how can sumbody be married and still say I want privacy meaning u want
freedom from the intrusion of others in your private life or affairs. Finally how do we define ur married life and ur private life abi private life na only phone

2 Likes

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by X4ms: 4:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
brain54: seriously wots the big deal if you have nothing to hide? i can submit my phone to even fbi,cia and even nafdac for acessing,screening and investigation cos i am clean. no big deal..i got noting to hide.
You might have nothing to hide today, but dont be too sure of tommorow.

Ola def2: Checking one partner fones doesn't really mean one is looking for something or feeling suspicious u no things like that , I check my partner fone any time we are together because I found many of her bbm friends and twitter followers funny to an extend I personally use to follow some and send request to some cos of their funny dp and broadcasts and what's the big deal if ur partner is faithful there should not be any demon in her cupboard to hide .
Bros, u are living dangerously.

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 11, 2013
deols:

Ask her..

If she finds you snooping even though she has done notjing wrong, how do you think she'd feel?

How would you feel if she does not trust you and starts to spy on you

yea ure right we have problem going tru such circumstance every time ... She keep complaining if I don't trust her but that's not my view , my concern is to take charge of everything that goes on in our life , I'm just protecting us .. Dazall!

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by ifnot4God: 4:05pm On Nov 11, 2013
Well if these nothing hiding, and if they re heart open to each other, I mean if they truly love then self not thing bad in it.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by X4ms: 4:07pm On Nov 11, 2013
brain54: seriously wots the big deal if you have nothing to hide? i can submit my phone to even fbi,cia and even nafdac for acessing,screening and investigation cos i am clean. no big deal..i got noting to hide.

Ola def2: Checking one partner fones doesn't really mean one is looking for something or feeling suspicious u no things like that , I check my partner
LookGud:

If you don't like it, it means you have a skeleton in your cupboard. If you are sincere with yourself, you will allow your wife access to everything that belongs to you, because once married, you have become one.
fone any time we are together because I found many of her bbm friends and twitter followers funny to an extend I personally use to follow some and send request to some cos of their funny dp and broadcasts and what's the big deal if ur partner is faithful there should not be any demon in her cupboard to hide .
Bros/madam, u are living dangerously.
Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by gbigbega: 4:09pm On Nov 11, 2013
Why do people lock their phone or ask people not to look through its content? It is because they don't want people to have access to critical information that they consider private and for their own consumption only.

As a married individual, if you consider your spouse as one of the person who should not peek into your privacy, then you are living a lie and have no respect for your spouse.

" They were both naked and were not ashamed".

5 Likes

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
X4ms:

Bros, u are living dangerously.
pls kindly tell me how ? I'm really living dangerously ? What wrong in helping myself to know what my wife is going tru when I'm not there... I believe it help one a lot because sometimes knowing more and paying attention to her will help u both on a long run.. I can never be cool with do ur own thing and I do mine! Never .....

1 Like

Re: Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 11, 2013
X4ms:

Bros/madam, u are living dangerously.

pls elaborate!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should A Man Be Forced To Marry A Lady He Impregnated By Mistake? / My Wife Nags A Lot / Is My Son's School "Over Teaching?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.