Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington (22499 Views)

Denzel And Huddah First To Be Evicted From Big Brother Africa The Chase / Who Is The Better Actor?odunlade Adekola Or Femi Adebayo? / Denzel Washington Vs. Will Smith (Poll) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by SeanT21(f): 1:33am On Jul 16, 2008
How can i forget A FEW GOOD MAN!!
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by iice(f): 2:14am On Jul 16, 2008
Karma, don't even bother lol. Most times they don't get it.

@Topic, Denzel is the actor, Will is the bank grin

But i love Don Cheadle. He has got to be the most underrated black actor ever!!! which is such a shame.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by SeanT21(f): 2:18am On Jul 16, 2008
iice:

But i love Don Cheadle. He has got to be the most underrated black actor ever!!! which is such a shame.

umm cause he only acted in one movie. How can we respect him for that.
the most underrated black actor is Forrest Whittaker.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by CH3COO(m): 2:20am On Jul 16, 2008
damned arguments comparing apples to fucking oranges. embarassed
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by iice(f): 2:20am On Jul 16, 2008
rofl rofl. . . please go watch some more movies ok? wink
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by motunrayo4(f): 2:22am On Jul 16, 2008
SeanT21:

umm cause he only acted in one movie. How can we respect him for that.
the most underrated black actor is Forrest Whittaker.

Sooooo true. . . he's an AMAZING actor.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by CH3COO(m): 2:23am On Jul 16, 2008
And SeanT, how any times do i need to tell you to stop spreading stuff you have no clue about.

Don cheadle:
hotel rwanda
rush hour 2
ocean's eleven

to name a few.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by onyinye2(f): 2:25am On Jul 16, 2008
Me personally i have to give it up to my man Denzel. He has movies of all backgrounds. From action to educational. but i know Will Smith will learn from Denzel's career and aspire his different movies roles.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by CH3COO(m): 2:29am On Jul 16, 2008
You have suggested two irrational and counter-logical reasons why will smith should follow in dw's path.
Is he not involved in action movies too? think i-robot and badboys. Educational. . . for one all movies are educational -- heh most movies -- and secondly pursuit of happyness anyone?
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by SeanT21(f): 2:32am On Jul 16, 2008
CH3COO:

And SeanT, how any times do i need to tell you to stop spreading stuff you have no clue about.

Don cheadle:
hotel rwanda
rush hour 2
ocean's eleven

to name a few.

I was trying to make a point. The only main movie that  the world acknowledge him from is Hotel Rwanda.  He didn't even star in most of those movies U mentioned. It is not consider his movie.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by CH3COO(m): 2:33am On Jul 16, 2008
SeanT21:

I was trying to make a point. The only main movie that  the world acknowledge him from is Hotel Rwanda.  He didn't even star in most of those movies You mentioned. It is not consider his movie.
Well your point didn't register and it was inaccurate.  But thanks for correcting it.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by onyinye2(f): 2:33am On Jul 16, 2008
@CH3COO

oka then since you want to go there. Im just sayin that Will Smith just needs to widen his horizon. i mean im saying he is not an incredible actor, because he is, I'm saying that compared to Denzel, he just needs a little more time to get to the level of Denzel.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by CH3COO(m): 2:36am On Jul 16, 2008
By the way SeanT, reign over me and traitor, he's starred in them.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by CH3COO(m): 2:39am On Jul 16, 2008
onyinye2:

@CH3COO

oka then since you want to go there. I'm just sayin that Will Smith just needs to widen his horizon. i mean im saying he is not an incredible actor, because he is, I'm saying that compared to Denzel, he just needs a little more time to get to the level of Denzel.
Hiss! I always go there. You really haven't provided an indestructible evidence why denzel washington's any better than will smith. yes, i agree and feel dw is a better actor than smith, but i have my preference and reasons for it. By widening his horizon, what does that mean? how is he not an incredible actor and what do you need to be considered an incredible actor? we have yet to define some guidelines here on nairaland for establishing who an "incredible actor" is. meanwhile, compared to your nollywood trash is will smith not fuming with excellence?
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by onyinye2(f): 2:48am On Jul 16, 2008
CH3COO:

Hiss! I always go there. You really haven't provided an indestructible evidence why denzel washington's any better than will smith. yes, i agree and feel dw is a better actor than smith, but i have my preference and reasons for it. By widening his horizon, what does that mean? how is he not an incredible actor and what do you need to be considered an incredible actor? we have yet to define some guidelines here on nairaland for establishing who an "incredible actor" is. meanwhile, compared to your nollywood trash is will smith not fuming with excellence?

first of all it was a typo. i meant to say that Will Smith is an incredible actor. His movies are known worldwide and they are just amazing. But to compare to a legend like Denzel who as made movies such as

Training Day
Malcom X
The Preacher's Wife
Remember the Titans
Inside Man
Great Debaters
American Gangster
"Marcus Brutus" in Julius Caesar
Glory.

Will Smith is great but Denzel is a Legend
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by SeanT21(f): 2:52am On Jul 16, 2008
CH3COO:

By the way SeanT, reign over me and traitor, he's starred in them.

how much did it gross in the box office on opening weekend. FORREST WHITAKER IS THE TRUE UNDERDOG!!Take a look at "the last king of Scotland" One of the best movie ever made.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by KarmaMod(f): 2:57am On Jul 16, 2008
iice:

I know they wont get it. Sometimes I forget and actually argue about Film with people I really shouldnt even bother arguing with

I totally agree with you on Don. VERY good actor. I especially liked him in "The United States of Leland"
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by SeanT21(f): 3:00am On Jul 16, 2008
KarmaMod:

I know they wont get it. Sometimes I forget and actually argue about Film with people I really shouldnt even bother arguing with

I totally agree with you on Don. VERY good actor. I especially liked him in "The United States of Leland"

that was a movie?
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by KarmaMod(f): 3:00am On Jul 16, 2008
Yes. It's a movie
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by CH3COO(m): 3:01am On Jul 16, 2008
SeanT21:

how much did it gross in the box office on opening weekend. FORREST WHITAKER IS THE TRUE UNDERDOG!!Take a look at "the last king of Scotland" One of the best movie ever made.
Before changing the subject, keep in mind that I was correcting the silly brain-farted you commited by saying cheadle has only acted in one movie.  That's number one.  Two, you changed that to "main star" and I corrected that again.

With that said, does it matter too much the gross amount? If great actors and actresses are to be measured by the amount grossed in the box office, then those actors and actresses in Titanic would dominate wouldn't they?  Aside from Jack (Leonardo Dicaprio), the others have been watered down and washed up.  But yeah that's besides the point.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by SeanT21(f): 3:08am On Jul 16, 2008
CH3COO:

Before changing the subject, keep in mind that I was correcting the silly brain-farted you commited by saying cheadle has only acted in one movie. That's number one. Two, you changed that to "main star" and I corrected that again.

With that said, does it matter too much the gross amount? If great actors and actresses are to be measured by the amount grossed in the box office, then those actors and actresses in Titanic would dominate wouldn't they? Aside from Jack (Leonardo Dicaprio), the others have been watered down and washed up. But yeah that's besides the point.

All I'm trying to say is that DON CHEADLE ain't got nothin on Forrest!!

Box office numbers do not matter but it shows how much the world appreciate the movie and the actor. If it wasn't for Hotel Rwanda he would not be who he is today. Hotel Rwanda was the only movie that actually showed him to the world and it got him an Oscar. On the other hand, In all of forrest movies, HE KILLED IT!!
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by CH3COO(m): 3:09am On Jul 16, 2008
onyinye2:

first of all it was a typo. i meant to say that Will Smith is an incredible actor. His movies are known worldwide and they are just amazing. But to compare to a legend like Denzel who as made movies such as

Training Day
Malcom X
The Preacher's Wife
Remember the Titans
Inside Man
Great Debaters
American Gangster
"Marcus Brutus" in Julius Caesar
Glory.

Will Smith is great but Denzel is a Legend
Oh gah a significant typo nevertheless.

Yeah, i can buy that.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by CH3COO(m): 3:12am On Jul 16, 2008
SeanT21:

Box office numbers do not matter but it shows how much the world appreciate the movie and the actor. If it wasn't for Hotel Rwanda he would not be who he is today. Hotel Rwanda was the only movie that actually showed him to the world and it got him an Oscar. On the other hand, In all of forrest movies, HE KILLED IT!!
you are sneakily changing the topic. You started the comparison between forrest and cheadle; i am not participating in it. you have a right to your opinion.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by SeanT21(f): 3:15am On Jul 16, 2008
CH3COO:

you are sneakily changing the topic. You started the comparison between forrest and cheadle; i am not participating in it. you have a right to your opinion.

SO DO U!!PEACE!!
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by CH3COO(m): 3:17am On Jul 16, 2008
Oh thank you dear.  else, i would have said you have a smelly pussy. kidding smiley
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by SeanT21(f): 3:26am On Jul 16, 2008
see!! u startin trouble again!!
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by KarmaMod(f): 3:28am On Jul 16, 2008
CH3COO:

With that said, does it matter too much the gross amount? If great actors and actresses are to be measured by the amount grossed in the box office, then those actors and actresses in Titanic would dominate wouldn't they?

Exactly! So may people dont understand. They think 'oh been in a big blockbuster = best actor". That's NOT the case

Alot of GREAT actors are in independent movies or movies that dont even gross as much. They are picky with the scripts they choose. They choose to be in movies that represent their talent, not CGI action stuff. And Its like most people dont even know that the movie is usually a blockbuster cos of the plot or story and not just for the actors.

Personally alot of actors I respect and adore and find them utterly talented are hardly in "blockbuster movies", but hey that's me. Christian Bale is one of my favorite actors and he just started getting true recognition when they made him Batman whereas he has way better movies under his belt
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by iice(f): 3:31am On Jul 16, 2008
SeanT21:

Hence why he is underrated duhhh
rofl. . .please go see species again, yeah forrest killed alright grin grin
Don't get me wrong, Forrest is good but like Don he wasn't exactly in the lime light.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by KarmaMod(f): 3:32am On Jul 16, 2008
Forrest ruined Vantage Point.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by SeanT21(f): 3:34am On Jul 16, 2008
KarmaMod:

How
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by iice(f): 3:38am On Jul 16, 2008
KarmaMod:

Oh lawd, i totally forgot that one ahahahaha oh yeah, he killed that one alright.
Re: Who Is The Better Actor? Will Smith Or Denzel Washington by CH3COO(m): 3:41am On Jul 16, 2008
yeah karma. a lot of people keep their work in the underground because they feel these box office actors and actresses are sell-outs and are motivated by money.

some people believe that if you're interested in great acting, visit a major play and watch their acting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funny Youtube Videos / BBNaija: Over 3000 Fans Sign Petition To Bring Back Beauty / Download Latest Nigerian Nollywood Movie With Ease! - 2016 Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.