Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,649 members, 7,820,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. (9551 Views)

A List Of False Teachings In The Roman Catholic Church / Islam Created By The Roman Catholic / Idol Worship In The Roman Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:18am On Nov 10, 2013
@op tell us the name of ur church u de fear u want us to leave Catholic church and enter which church?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 10, 2013
Hey, OP, we are all going to hellfire! All of us! Catholics and Protestants! You have no idea the amount of so-called 'paganism' that survives even in the most rigid Pentecostal churche today. grin

Abeg at your spare time, find out

* Why most Christians worship on Sunday instead of Saturday, the original sabbath

* When did Christendom officially recognise Jesus as God

* When did the belief in Trinity (God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit) enter Christian teachings

* What do you know about the origins of Christmas

* And the origins of Easter. Do you even know what the word 'Easter' means. I'll give you a hint - Ancient European goddess of dawn.

* Do you know the origins of 'Christian' marriage customs like 'best man' and the exchange of rings

* Do you know when the Bible started being used in its present form. Did you know it was Catholic scholars who went around collecting ancient books and debating whether or not they were 'good' enough to include in the Bible (which they were compiling)? Do you know the criteria they used to determine which books was 'good' and which was 'bad'? Did you know there was a time when the Gospel of John, the Second and Third Letters of John, Jude, Letter to the Hebrews, and Revelation were not recognized as part of Scriptures? Yes, the 'evil' Catholic church complied and edited the Bible over many centuries. So you might want to reassess the validity of that document, seeing that it was 'evil' people that bequeathed it to you. You might also want to go back and check some of the books they left out, like the Gospel of Thomas and the book of Enoch, and see why those 'evil' people decided to exclude them. Maybe they were trying to hide some 'ancient' truth from you, eh? wink

Mscheew! You are such a small-minded person. Even had the balls to call me blind and deaf.

You come up here spewing crap about hell fire and Christianity when you don't understand jack about those concepts. Keep your uninformed nose out of other people's practices and face your own.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Rich4god(m): 9:16am On Nov 10, 2013
I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic...
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by SalC: 9:32am On Nov 10, 2013
Happy sunday brethren. May it be well with us.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by COvo(m): 9:35am On Nov 10, 2013
chukwudi44:

Olodo who told you 1 Tim is scripture?

Ans-The catholic church @ the synod of hippo
Do you even have an idea how many scriptures were written?

Let me continue with my update jare
AD1228-Cardinal Stephen Langton divided the bible into chapters
You are ignorant of you ignorance.Ode!
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by raynold(m): 9:51am On Nov 10, 2013
op for u

Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by philfearon(m): 9:54am On Nov 10, 2013
The Op is just an attention Seeker,thats all...........You have been noticed!
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by anselm791(m): 9:59am On Nov 10, 2013
Your article would have made sense if only you didn't condemn 1.8 billion people to hell, you've ended up not saving a single soul but making many angry and resentful, how do you think God feels about you now?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Kei144(m): 10:11am On Nov 10, 2013
Radoillo: So lets say i am a Catholic. Lived a good life; showed love to my fellow man; then I died.

So you are saying, God will look me in the face and say, " Hey, Rado, you were a decent guy, but because you believed there was a purgatory and there isnt; because you believed Mary is an intercessor and she isn't; because you attended mass daily, and its hogwash; because you used candles in worship, and that's nonsense; because you believed a certain monk who died hundred years ago is now a saint and is here in heaven praying for you... because you believed these things, i'm sending you to hell"... Is that the kind of God you believe in, OP?

You really think God cares about the 'embellishments' we call dogma and doctrine? You really think they will form a basis for judgement on That Day? Human beings amuse me the way they chase after little inconsequential things and ignore the Big Picture.

Ga. 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

Pr. 16:6 Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the LORD a man avoids evil.

True love (of God and of your neighbour) is the only thing that really matters. Even if Catholics are wrong in a lot of ways, but they can practice love sufficiently, Pr 16:6 says that their love will atone for their wrongs. Unfortunately, love is lacking in all churches. Roman Catholic, as a body, actually scores higher than most churches in terms of love. This may not apply to individual Roman Catholics, however. And it is the individual Christian that really matters.

I have seen prophecies about how God will visit Roman Catholics during the end-time revival. End time is a pay back time, and God will visit the RCC (notwithstanding their errors) because of the love they have shown to the world over the years. Their mission schools and hospitals helped many. Their motherless babies homes have saved many. CARITAS saved Igbos during the Biafran war.

Christians need to focus more on love; it is lacking greatly in Nigeria.

I am not a Catholic.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Teespice(f): 10:14am On Nov 10, 2013
Radoillo: So lets say i am a Catholic. Lived a good life; showed love to my fellow man; then I died.

So you are saying, God will look me in the face and say, " Hey, Rado, you were a decent guy, but because you believed there was a purgatory and there isnt; because you believed Mary is an intercessor and she isn't; because you attended mass daily, and its hogwash; because you used candles in worship, and that's nonsense; because you believed a certain monk who died hundred years ago is now a saint and is here in heaven praying for you... because you believed these things, i'm sending you to hell"... Is that the kind of God you believe in, OP?

You really think God cares about the 'embellishments' we call dogma and doctrine? You really think they will form a basis for judgement on That Day? Human beings amuse me the way they chase after little inconsequential things and ignore the Big Picture.

Word.

OP, you have been duly noticed. Attention seeker.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by dridowu: 10:30am On Nov 10, 2013
Ds is christain issue so am out of here to Assalatu (NASFAT) , be 4 i leave ops, u remind me of a moniker on nairaland "Highyo" that guy/lady always posted anything about hell fire
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by italo: 10:37am On Nov 10, 2013
Kei144:
Ga. 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

Pr. 16:6 Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the LORD a man avoids evil.

True love (of God and of your neighbour) is the only thing that really matters. Even if Catholics are wrong in a lot of ways, but they can practice love sufficiently, Pr 16:6 says that their love will atone for their wrongs. Unfortunately, love is lacking in all churches. Roman Catholic, as a body, actually scores higher than most churches in terms of love. This may not apply to individual Roman Catholics, however. And it is the individual Christian that really matters.

I have seen prophecies about how God will visit Roman Catholics during the end-time revival. End time is a pay back time, and God will visit the RCC (notwithstanding their errors) because of the love they have shown to the world over the years. Their mission schools and hospitals helped many. Their motherless babies homes have saved many. CARITAS saved Igbos during the Biafran war.

Christians need to focus more on love; it is lacking greatly in Nigeria.

I am not a Catholic.

You dey make sense small small...even though I dont agree our doctrine is false.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by waldigit: 10:40am On Nov 10, 2013
woky: no need of telling u dat catholics don't worship mary becos u wil never concur even if the truth is obvious to you, so telling u that we dnt worship mary wil be a big waste of time because we wil neve arrive at a compromise.

But house mate, Mary has shrine, even Jesus doesn't have.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by italo: 10:46am On Nov 10, 2013
waldigit :

But house mate, Mary has shrine, even Jesus doesn't have.

Who told you that?

The whole Church is Jesus 'shrine.' Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament always takes centre stage in every Catholic Church.

That's why all the readings and preaching is done from the pulpit at one end of the sanctuary.

Jesus is the centre of our worship and our lives.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 10, 2013
C.Ovo:

Ukuts gp: Interesting, let me go to church first. I will be back 4 u guys.

You mean to tell me you also comply with the 'pagan' pope sylvester's decree?

Olodo ozu nwuruanwu

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 10, 2013
C.Ovo:

You are the ignorant one!! It is a historic fact that the bible was compiled by the catholic church.You would not be quoting 1 Tim if it was not canonised by the Catholic church(also called the Roman Catholic Church)
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 11:02am On Nov 10, 2013
Indeed, when Roman Catholic denomination people claim that they "compiled" the bible they are either ignorant or they are being deliberate liars.

The Roman Catholic Church did not finalise its own "Bible" till the 16th century at its Council of Trent.

Meanwhile Christians had already "compiled" the books of the Christian Bible by the end of the 1st century and very early 2nd century.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by waldigit: 11:02am On Nov 10, 2013
italo:

Who told you that?

The whole Church is Jesus 'shrine.' Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament always takes centre stage in every Catholic Church.

That's why all the readings and preaching is done from the pulpit at one end of the sanctuary.

Jesus is the centre of our worship and our lives.

Good to hear that, stay blessed and rapturable. Shalom
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by philfearon(m): 11:13am On Nov 10, 2013
Enigma: Indeed, when Roman Catholic denomination people claim that they "compiled" the bible they are either ignorant or they are being deliberate liars.

The Roman Catholic Church did not finalise its own "Bible" till the 16th century at its Council of Trent.

Meanwhile Christians had already "compiled" the books of the Christian Bible by the end of the 1st century and very early 2nd century.

smiley
So Who are the Christians You are talking About?
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 11:16am On Nov 10, 2013
philfearon:
So Who are the Christians You are talking About?

People who believed in Christ but did not know about the "authority" or "primacy" of some "pope". In fact, the ones I'm talking about never even heard of any such thing called "pope". smiley

Go and do some research. I know you are also familiar with my posts on other threads.

smiley
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 10, 2013
Ukuts gp: so when you accept jesus that's all. U accept jesus and u always do what he says u shouldn't do is called what? What caused the spiritual death of Adam and Eve? U think heaven is prepared for every nonchalant people abi? Every nonsense can stroll into it like their father's parlour. Isn't it? U amazed me
when you accept Jesus, you have been placed above and dead to sin. You can not go to hell whatever lifestyle you choose. What happens when you disobey God thereafter is the breaking of communion and the hedge of protection around you.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by COvo(m): 11:22am On Nov 10, 2013
Enigma:

People who believed in Christ but did not know about the "authority" or "primacy" of some "pope". In fact, the ones I'm talking about never even heard of any such thing called "pope". smiley

Go and do some research. I know you are also familiar with my posts on other threads.

smiley

Please tell them o!These catholics are so blind and ignorant.They even claim they started christianity,that paul founded the church.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 11:23am On Nov 10, 2013
blink182: when you accept Jesus, you have been placed above and dead to sin. You can not go to hell whatever lifestyle you choose. What happens when you disobey God thereafter is the breaking of communion and the hedge of protection around you.

Actually, in light of this post I should say that my interest on this thread is not on whether anyone, RCC or not, is going to hell. I take the view that it is presumptuous and wrong to say anyone is going to hell.

My interest on this thread is about false claims e.g. concerning the Bible etc.

smiley
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by viexcey(f): 11:24am On Nov 10, 2013
Since when did you turn God? You should be more concern about youself,where will you spend your eternity? Heaven or Hell? Leave the judgement for immortal God!
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by philfearon(m): 11:25am On Nov 10, 2013
Enigma:

smiley

If you Were wise enough,You would have realised that there was nothing like The Bible in that period.....
But even at then,there was "Authority" and there was "Primacy":
"Acts15" will tell you that there were constituted Authorities within the Early believers that decided on matters!
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by benodic: 11:26am On Nov 10, 2013
it does not matter anymore because according to Christians and Moslems everyone will go to hell.
all non-christians will go to the Christian hell and all non Moslems will go to the Moslem hell. so with everyone in one hell or the other, heaven will be a very lonely and empty place.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 11:26am On Nov 10, 2013
C.Ovo:

Please tell them o!These catholics are so blind and ignorant.They even claim they started christianity,that paul founded the church.

One of them said even Jesus and the apostles were "Catholics"! Then I ask, was Jesus also subject to some "pope"? wink
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 10, 2013
Enigma: Indeed, when Roman Catholic denomination people claim that they "compiled" the bible they are either ignorant or they are being deliberate liars.

smiley

Um, you should wait till you have read the history of the Bible canon a little more deeply before making such assertions.

The council of Trent came about because Martin Luther and the reformers disputed the canonity of certain books (the Apochryphal books). The purpose of the council was to assert once and for all that the Apochryphal books were inspired, like the rest of the Bible books.

They did not make any addition at that council, but merely confirmed the books that had already been approved at the council of Florence in 1442 (before the Reformation).

And the list of books approved at Florence in 1442 was the same as the list formulated at the synod in Carthage (again, by the Catholic church) in the fourth century. And that's how far back we can trace the Bible as a compiled work.

The Bible did not, repeat, did not exist in its form in the 1st century. What we had were individual books and letters written by an assortment of people. The Jews had the Old Testament though, divided into the Law and the Prophets.

YES, the Catholic church brought those individual letters and books into a collection (our Bible) and gave them the present structure.

During the Reformation, Martin Luther and co, dropped the Apochryphal books (Sirach, Maccabees, etc). Other than that, the Protestants still use the Bible, as organized and edited by the Catholic Church.

THAT, MY FRIEND, IS THE HISTORICAL FACT.
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by Enigma(m): 11:28am On Nov 10, 2013
philfearon:
If you Were wise enough,You would have realised that there was nothing like The Bible in that period.....
But even at then,there was "Authority" and there was "Primacy":
"Acts15" will tell you that there were constituted Authorities within the Early believers that decided on matters!

Sorry, what you are displaying is exactloy what we are talking about: either ignorance or deliberate lying.

If you are wise, you will go and educate yourself --- with honesty! smiley

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by italo: 11:29am On Nov 10, 2013
C.Ovo:

Do you have to lie and jeopardize your soul because you hate Catholicism?

Which Catholic told you Paul founded the Church?

Please provide evidence.

Or do you people lie because you believe in once saved always saved so no penalty for sin?
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by adonisvg(m): 11:30am On Nov 10, 2013
i dont even knw wia to start to refute these baseless claims by a lost soul seeking redemption....
Re: Reasons Why The Roman Catholic Members Will Go To Hell-fire. by adonisvg(m): 11:33am On Nov 10, 2013
He prayed that they maybe one and true...and handed down to Peter...on him i build my church...i call u Peter or Caiphas whch is the rock and on dis rock i build my church...and y'all fucking protestants kip on brking away....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Quotes From Famous Men About The Bible. / The Spiritual Realm - What Is It? / Help With The Name Of This Gospel Artist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.