Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award (21524 Views)

Enyeama, Musa Shortlisted For African Footballer Of The Year Award / Asisat Oshoala Nominated For BBC world Footballer Of The Year / Vote For Vincent Enyeama As BBC African Footballer Of The Year 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by naijanoni(m): 7:26am On Nov 11, 2013
The five candidates for the 2013 BBC African Footballer of the Year award have been revealed on the BBC's Newsday programme.
Two Nigerians made it into the shortlist.Chelsea Midfielder John Obi Mikel and Liverpool winger Victor Moses.
Ivory Coast's Yaya Toure has made the shortlist for the fifth consecutive year and also on the list is Burkina Faso's Jonathan Pitroipa and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang of Gabon.
Shortlist:-John Obi Mikel,Victor Moses,Yayah Toure,Johnathan Pitroipia,Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Who receives your vote for the BBC African Footballer of the Year 2013?
Vote here now for Mikel and Moses:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24808135
Your votes count.
Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by fingard02k(m): 7:32am On Nov 11, 2013
Yaya Toure
Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by infoscope(m): 7:35am On Nov 11, 2013
i hope mikel wins
Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by naijanoni(m): 8:10am On Nov 11, 2013
Yaya might deserve to win it,but we shouldnt fuckin care.Its votes that matters and this time Voting is opened to everybody.
.So lets do it for nigeria.Vote now for mikel or moses.Vote as many times as u want.Your votes count.
Nigeria is the most populated country in africa,so if a small percentage of our population vote,i see nothing stopping mikel or moses 4rm winning it.
VOTE NOW !!.
This should make front Page.

7 Likes

Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by Tolexander: 8:16am On Nov 11, 2013
Dont be suprised if Pitriopa wins BBC.

I forsee mikel obi winning it.
Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by nedu2000(m): 8:26am On Nov 11, 2013
Mikel plays from d bench for chelsea....toure,pitropa are d favourites
Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by naijanoni(m): 8:44am On Nov 11, 2013
nedu2000: Mikel plays from d bench for chelsea....toure,pitropa are d favourites
At least mikel has started 5games.Note,this is different 4rm CAF awards.If Katongo playing in an obscure league like d chinese league could win it last year over yaya toure,drogba e.t.c.then why not moses or mikel this year ??.
Katongo did well only at afcon last year and after dat,he faded.Was non-existent in club football,Yet he still won it.
And remember na vote matter.No bi favourites matter.
The person dat has d highest no. Of votes wins it and not d person dat starts regularly for his club or scores hatricks in every match.

3 Likes

Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by nedu2000(m): 9:25am On Nov 11, 2013
naija noni:
At least mikel has started 5games.Note,this is different 4rm CAF awards.If Katongo playing in an obscure league like d chinese league could win it last year over yaya toure,drogba e.t.c.then why not moses or mikel this year ??.
Katongo did well only at afcon last year and after dat,he faded.Was non-existent in club football,Yet he still won it.
And remember na vote matter.No bi favourites matter.
if its based on votes from footballer fans,then nigerians can outnumber the rest of africa and win it for mikel,but if votes from a particular bunch(managers,players) then mikel won't stand a chance,the mikel hype as I got to understand is only within d shores of nigeria

1 Like

Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by naijanoni(m): 9:51am On Nov 11, 2013
nedu2000: if its based on votes from footballer fans,then nigerians can outnumber the rest of africa and win it for mikel,but if votes from a particular bunch(managers,players) then mikel won't stand a chance,the mikel hype as I got to understand is only within d shores of nigeria
Anybody can vote,even my grandfather in d village.You didnt click d link ?.This is different 4rm glo/caf where only coaches vote.In dis case, anybody can vote.
It was thru votes dat Katongo won it over yaya toure and drogba last year,not dat he deserved it.

1 Like

Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by Theben(m): 10:12am On Nov 11, 2013
I want Mikel to win it. Wish Enyeama and Emenike were also nominated along with Mikel and Moses.

Those tipping yaya for this prize should note that Man City is struggling in EPL. Whatever would make yaya win it should have gotten players like Muntari, Prince Boateng and kwedwo Asemoah nomination, cos they're doing well in their respective big clubs.

Let's vote wisely and ensure that this prize is added to the good things recently happening in Nigeria.
Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by omar22(m): 10:16am On Nov 11, 2013
Theben: I want Mikel to win it. Wish Enyeama and Emenike were also nominated along with Mikel and Moses.

Those tipping yaya for this prize should note that Man City is struggling in EPL. Whatever would make yaya win it should gotten players like Muntari, Prince Boateng and kwedwo Asemoah nomination.

Let's vote wisely and ensure that this prize is added to the good things recently happening in Nigeria.

He is still playing and he is the captain, Mikel is not even playing, we could as well give it to Barcelona's Alex Song
Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by Theben(m): 10:31am On Nov 11, 2013
omar22:

He is still playing and he is the captain, Mikel is not even playing, we could as well give it to Barcelona's Alex Song
Ofcourse he's playing, so is Muntari, Asemoah, or Boateng. What is so 'African' in the award when the winner is chosen based on his performance outside the continent?
Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by naijanoni(m): 10:45am On Nov 11, 2013
omar22:

Ha,U don start:-"MIKEL IS NOT EVEN PLAYING"
What dis means is dat mikel just sits on d bench without kicking d ball AT ALL.
Last time i checked mikel played 90minutes in chelsea's champions league match against schalke less than a week ago.And even when he doesnt start he comes in as a substitute in every game,aside 4rm d newcastle match.
No dey exaggerate.
You could have put it lyk dis:-"Mikel is not even STARTING games regularly".
And besides BBC awards is not just GIVEN by BBC.It is determined thru fan-votes.

4 Likes

Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by naijanoni(m): 10:49am On Nov 11, 2013
omar22:

Yah and if its based on club performance,Katongo who is playing for a mid-table club in d chinese league wouldnt have won it last year over Yaya toure and drogba.
Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by uffforum: 10:51am On Nov 11, 2013
I hope Mikel wins it.
Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by omar22(m): 11:14am On Nov 11, 2013
naija noni:
Ha,U don start:-"MIKEL IS NOT EVEN PLAYING"
What dis means is dat mikel just sits on d bench without kicking d ball AT ALL.
Last time i checked mikel played 90minutes in chelsea's champions league match against schalke less than a week ago.And even when he doesnt start he comes in as a substitute in every game,aside 4rm d newcastle match.
No dey exaggerate.
You could have put it lyk dis:-"Mikel is not even STARTING games regularly".
And besides BBC awards is not just GIVEN by BBC.It is determined thru fan-votes.

Yeah another mickey mouse award thats not a CAF/FIFA recognised

This reminds me when Chelsea fans voted Joe Cole as the Player of the year when Riccardo Carvalho won the players player of the year
Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by safarigirl(f): 11:52am On Nov 11, 2013
uff forum: I hope Mikel wins it.
stop hoping and start voting. What has Toure done? How many accolades has he won in 2013? Make una no dull am as una dull Melvin and Naija's Miss Universe. Mikel all day erryday #TeamMikel #TeamSayNoToToure

2 Likes

Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by striker9(m): 11:57am On Nov 11, 2013
Who cares if Yaya is the captain,Katongo won it due to his brilliant display in AFCON,where was Yaya then?Mikel,Moses and Pitroipa played better than Yaya at the 2013 Afcon.

1 Like

Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by striker9(m): 11:58am On Nov 11, 2013
safarigirl: stop hoping and start voting. What has Toure done? How many accolades has he won in 2013? Make una no dull am as una dull Melvin and Naija's Miss Universe. Mikel all day erryday #TeamMikel #TeamSayNoToToure
God bless you plenty,abi na only Yaya sabi play ball for Africa ni.

1 Like

Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by safarigirl(f): 12:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
striker9: Who cares if Yaya is the captain,Katongo won it due to his brilliant display in AFCON,where was Yaya then?Mikel,Moses and Pitroipa played better than Yaya at the 2013 Afcon.
lol, he been dey find oyibo wey go call am black monkey. Yaya Toure ni, Yeye Toure ko. Have you voted yet?#TeamMIKEL

1 Like

Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by safarigirl(f): 12:06pm On Nov 11, 2013
Abeg is the voting per hour?
Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by striker9(m): 12:07pm On Nov 11, 2013
safarigirl: lol, he been dey find oyibo wey go call am black monkey. Yaya Toure ni, Yeye Toure ko. Have you voted yet?#TeamMIKEL
You still dey ask ni,me I don cast my vote for Mikel sharperly,no time to check time.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by safarigirl(f): 12:22pm On Nov 11, 2013
^^I've voted 3 times today, you, how many times? As many times as possible, don't forget

1 Like

Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by Theben(m): 12:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
safarigirl: ^^I've voted 3 times today, you, how many times? As many times as possible, don't forget
grin grin grin grin grin Easy o
Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by coalcoal1(m): 12:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
interesting
Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by ichommy(m): 12:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
Goodluck guys
Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by mrborntodoit: 12:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mikel obi all the way grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by Sirsijo(m): 12:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
my vote will definately be on Mikel Obi....
Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by sexkillzmother(f): 12:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
i will vote 4 mikel on this one........... in other news Sexkillz banned me till 2106, how heartless can u be
Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by LMAyedun(m): 12:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
I give it to Moses or Mikel... Just any of the two will be okay cool
Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by smart134: 12:47pm On Nov 11, 2013
hmm
Re: Mikel And Victor Moses Nominated For BBC African Footballer Of The Year Award by Fresia01(f): 12:49pm On Nov 11, 2013
They shld jux gv it 2 mikel or Mose 2 avoid stories dat touch and a repeat of what happened in 1900

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rivers United Best Nigerian Club In 2017, Rank Higher Than Crystal Palace, / World Cup-bound Referee, Facundo Tello Shows 10 Red Cards In Argentina Cup Final / Remembering Samuel Okwaraji 29 Years Later.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.