Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l - Education (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l (39267 Views)

12 Useful Math Hacks That They Didn't Teach You In School / Nairaland Math Quiz Competition Loading...(suggestions Needed) / 10 Year Old Nigerian Math Genius, Esther Okade Plans To Build A Bank By Age 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jaryeh(m): 9:00pm On Nov 22, 2013
Elantracey: Congrats jayreh
pls ah shouldn't be left out in d next reason o

cheesy Jaye

Thanks ma.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Ghydyon(m): 9:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
so my boss is a guru in mathematics....tank God o,i hav no p again.congrat boss
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by AlphaMaximus(m): 9:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
statusnet:

Y1/6 (Y1/2 - 3) = Y2/3 - 3 Y1/6

There's a mistake in your expansion
Yep, I've seen it!Thanks for noticing!! It has been corrected now and is as flawless as can be!! Its amazing how I still arrived at the right answer with that 'small' mistake... grin
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 22, 2013
Waoww jaryeh really won?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jaryeh(m): 10:24pm On Nov 22, 2013
Ghydyon: so my boss is a guru in mathematics....tank God o,i hav no p again.congrat boss

Oga mi,ko ni baje!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jaryeh(m): 10:25pm On Nov 22, 2013
Sylvyangel: Waoww jaryeh really won?
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Thanks Angel cheesy
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Ghydyon(m): 10:29pm On Nov 22, 2013
jaryeh:

Oga mi,ko ni baje!
u no knw as i dey hapi die...we yarn 4 2go
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 23, 2013
jaryeh:

Yeah!!! I won it!!! *dancing skelewu with azonto*

Congratulations!!! Any of you two (You and smurfy) deserve it!!!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 12:22am On Nov 23, 2013
Alpha Maximus: Mathematically transforming all aforementioned details concerning the relationship of the two unknown numbers, we have that:
XY=1,000,000.....(I)
X^1/6=Y^1/2 -3.....(II)
This can be solved logarithmically, thus
Logxy=Log1,000,000
LogX + LogY=6.......(III)
Logx^1/6= Log(y^1/2-3)
1/6Logx=Log(y^1/2-3)
Logx=Log(y^1/2-3)^6
Logx=6Log(y^1/2-3).....(IV)
Substitute (IV) into (III)
6Log(y^1/2-3) + LogY=6
Divide through by 6 for simplicity
Log(y^1/2-3) +1/6 Logy=1
Log(y^1/2-3)+ Logy^1/6
Applying the Log law, log.a + log.b=log.(AB), we have:
Log(Y^1/6(y^1/2 - 3))= 1
Eradicating the logarithm, we have that:
Y^1/6(Y^1/2-3)=10^1=10
Expanding we have:
Y^2/3-3y^1/6-10=0
Applying algebraic substitution, I will transform Y^1/6 to 'a'
NB: Y^2/3=(Y^1/6 )^4
A^4-3A-10=0
Using trial and error, it is found that A=2,
Comparing the result with Y^1/6, we have:
Y^1/6=2
Y=2^6=64
Y= 64 , substituting y=64 back to eq(I) we have: 64x=1,000,000 , x=1,000,000/64=15,625 Thus x=15,625 and y=64......these are the two unknown numbers, interestingly they are simultaneously perfect squares and perfect cubes, they are known as perfect sixth powers, but this is not the final solution:
The cube root of the larger number 15,625 is 25 and the sixth root(number multiplied six times yielding the cited figure) of 64 is 2...their product is 25*2=50 the reciprocal is 1/50 and the square of this is 1/2500........oya clap for me!! grin

Comrade Alpha, nice problem for the finalists grin

Richiez: A dream of yesterday has finally turned out to be reality.

Thanks to our panel of judges
Olawalebabs
Fynestboi

Thanks to the Quiz masters

Doubledx
[url=https://www.nairaland.com/alpha%20maximus]AlphaMaximus[/url]

Thanks to all Participants

Thanks to all who gave us advice, support, and to all who contributed one way or the other, especially our audience

Thanks everyone! and until we gather next time for the next edition I remain

Richiez
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 23, 2013
WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! What a great and stiff competition between HONOURABLE GENERAL JARYEH AND GENERAL SMURFY......but i really thank GOD that a WINNER HAVE EMERGE IN PERSON OF HONOURABLE GENERAL JARYEH(MON,CFR,GCON,GCFR, PhD in mathematics)........WOW! I really knew that HONOURABLE GENERAL JARYEH owns the trophy and I give thanks to GOD for making this competition successful......
@richiez, you had been the best and great man i have ever known, you really made my day throughout this month due to this wonderful competition.....i really salute you...GOD BLESS YOU SIR.
@doubledx and alphamaximus, you guys are great gurus, you really worked hard during this competition and you indeed deserve a national award....and by the power invested on my i bestow on you CON.....(Commander of the Order of Nairaland)...You Guys Are Great....
@to all my great bosses and gurus@ucee,benbuks,tjaz,papindinho,toideve,miracy,kendzyma,logodwhiz,dyshow,amazing angel,factorial, denniece1,dr. gboy,smurfy and great man jaryeh,u are all grt.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 23, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! TO MY OWN AND ONLY GURU JARYEHJARYEH
@SMURFY, U DID A NICE JOB, U ARE A GRT MAN INDEED..DOFF CAP 4 U SMURFY
@DENNIECE1, U DID A GRT JOB THROUGHOUT THIS COMPETITION, IT WAS JUST A PITY THAT U WERE NT AROUND 4 D FINALS...U DESERVE A GOOD APPRAISALDENNIECE1
@FACTORIAL1, U ARE MY GRT PADI...IT'S NICE MEETN WIT GENIUS LIKE U....CONGRATSFACTORIAL@DR. GBOY, A REAL ND TRUE MAN, U ARE A GRT GENIUS...THUMBS UP 4 U O......CONGRATS BOSSDR. GBOY
AND TO ALL THE AUDIENCE most especially BENBUKS, GENERAL JACKPOT, BITEX, and all others that supported us, it's nice meeting with you guys....
Personally, i had learnt a lot(not only about MATHS but about LIFE)...THANKS TO THE MODS AND CORDS of this great program...
If We Can Continue Like This, I Have No Doubt That Nigeria, Our Great Nation Would Comprises Of A Lot Of Gurus.GOD BLESS

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jaryeh(m): 10:22am On Nov 23, 2013
Ghydyon: u no knw as i dey hapi die...we yarn 4 2go

Okay na!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jaryeh(m): 10:24am On Nov 23, 2013
doubleDx:

Congratulations!!! Any of you two (You and smurfy) deserve it!!!

Thanks Master!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 23, 2013
jaryeh:

Okay na!
Congrats My Boss....I Told U Dat U Wld Win It And U Did... So A Big Congrats 2 U.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by factorial1(m): 10:25am On Nov 23, 2013
1000 likes for this, indeed inspiring!
aysuccess99: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! TO MY OWN AND ONLY GURU JARYEH(URL:#www.nairaland.com/profile/jaryeh)......
@SMURFY, U DID A NICE JOB, U ARE A GRT MAN INDEED....DOFF CAP 4 U O(URL:#www.nairaland.com/profile/smurfy)
@DENNIECE1, U DID A GRT JOB THROUGHOUT THIS COMPETITION, IT WAS JUST A PITY THAT U WERE NT AROUND 4 D FINALS...U DESERVE A GOOD APPRAISAL(URL:#www.nairaland.com/profile/denniece1)
@FACTORIAL1, U ARE MY GRT PADI...IT'S NICE MEETN WIT GENIUS LIKE U....CONGRATS(URL:#www.nairaland.com/profile/factorial1)@DR. GBOY, A REAL ND TRUE MAN, U ARE A GRT GENIUS...THUMBS UP 4 U O......CONGRATS BOSS(URL:#www.nairaland.com/profile/dr.gboy)
AND TO ALL THE AUDIENCE most especially BENBUKS, GENERAL JACKPOT, BITEX, and all others that supported us, it's nice meeting with you guys....
Personally, i had learnt a lot(not only about MATHS but about LIFE)...THANKS TO THE MODS AND CORDS of this great program...
If We Can Continue Like This, I Have No Doubt That Nigeria, Our Great Nation Would Comprises Of A Lot Of Gurus...God Bless
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jaryeh(m): 10:27am On Nov 23, 2013
aysuccess99: WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! What a great and stiff competition between HONOURABLE GENERAL JARYEH AND GENERAL SMURFY......but i really thank GOD that a WINNER HAVE EMERGE IN PERSON OF HONOURABLE GENERAL JARYEH(MON,CFR,GCON,GCFR, PhD in mathematics)........WOW! I really knew that HONOURABLE GENERAL JARYEH owns the trophy and I give thanks to GOD for making this competition successful......
@richiez, you had been the best and great man i have ever known, you really made my day throughout this month due to this wonderful competition.....i really salute you...GOD BLESS YOU SIR.
@doubledx and alphamaximus, you guys are great gurus, you really worked hard during this competition and you indeed deserve a national award....and by the power invested on my i bestow on you CON.....(Commander of the Order of Nairaland)...You Guys Are Great....
@to all my great bosses and gurus@ucee,benbuks,tjaz,papindinho,toideve,miracy,kendzyma,logodwhiz,dyshow,amazing angel,factorial, denniece1,dr. gboy,smurfy and great man jaryeh,u are all grt.

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

Yeh!,epic commedy!

Thanks Oga mi!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jaryeh(m): 10:28am On Nov 23, 2013
aysuccess99:
Congrats My Boss....I Told U Dat U Wld Win It And U Did... So A Big Congrats 2 U.

Thank you sir!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 23, 2013
factorial1: 1000 likes for this, indeed inspiring!
Wow...most sincerely you guys have really inspired me.......u guys are really grt and i must confess my life has really change after this grt competition*doff cap 4 all d gurus,efiwes,dons dat has contributed one thing or the other 4 d success of dis competition*

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by factorial1(m): 10:32am On Nov 23, 2013
....ehm, *clears throat*
....BREAKING NEWS!
. a guy(factorial) by nick need a gf Sorry for posting it here, expressing his feelings though...gringringrin

morning guyz!
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 23, 2013
jaryeh:

Thank you sir!
u are welcome oga mi sir....u really deserve more than this o....
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by factorial1(m): 10:34am On Nov 23, 2013
@Jaryeh, oya lemme av ur bank acc. number ASAP.... winkwinkgrin

you deserve a million naira for this...

*on my way to bank*...
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Odilop: 10:52am On Nov 23, 2013
wink grin I SEE U #JARYEH.
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by DrGboy(m): 12:18pm On Nov 23, 2013
jaryeh:

Thank you sir!
Congratulations!!! boss jaryeh, U really deserved it. smiley
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by zutu(m): 2:45pm On Nov 23, 2013
Richiez: So all math lovers, if you are capable of being a quiz master, volunteer. if for one reason or the other you can't fill in the position of a math quiz master, then recommend someone
I promise this is going to be really interesting!
hw can I do that?
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by indoorlove(m): 10:52pm On Nov 23, 2013
This thread ought to be in front page.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by papindinho(m): 1:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
aysuccess99: WOW! WOW!! WOW!!! What a great and stiff competition between HONOURABLE GENERAL JARYEH AND GENERAL SMURFY......but i really thank GOD that a WINNER HAVE EMERGE IN PERSON OF HONOURABLE GENERAL JARYEH(MON,CFR,GCON,GCFR, PhD in mathematics)........WOW! I really knew that HONOURABLE GENERAL JARYEH owns the trophy and I give thanks to GOD for making this competition successful......
nice one bro. A great show of great mind..
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 24, 2013
jaryeh:

cheesy Jaye

Thanks ma.
sori sire ma remix grin
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jaryeh(m): 3:19pm On Nov 24, 2013
Elantracey: sori sire ma remix grin

No prob ma! wink
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by jackpot(f): 7:48pm On Jun 30, 2014
cool
Re: Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l by agentofchange1(m): 1:43pm On Jul 11, 2015
Anticipating. the next edition .....

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (Reply)

When JAMB Adds 40 Marks To Your Initial Score(hilarious Photo) / Winifred Hyacinth: UNIZIK Medical Graduate Gets 12 Awards At Induction / The Onitsha Students Representing Nigeria At World Pitch Academic Competition US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.