Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,144 members, 7,818,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

(law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded (7880 Views)

why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same / If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? / Jesus Can Change That Ugly Situatioon, And Put A Smile On Your Face Tday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Kenny4lyfe(m): 9:57pm On Nov 17, 2013
ajayikayod:

Does it now seems so hard for u 2kno dt ppl support and giv in church without tithing? Ar u so deep in it dt u cant giv without requiring to be rewarded for it? Do u as new creation understand wat it means to honor ppl who labor over u without demands, reward or monitoring from them?

Bros, i wonder how much u would hav continually demanded of God for every of ur penny u give tithe in church.

Oh! Your small mind can't phatom how blessed I'm! And do you know why? Uh!
BECAUSE I FAVOUR GOD's RIGHTEOUS CAUSE!!!!
You dig?
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:02pm On Nov 17, 2013
ajayikayod:

I think d goggle on ur eyes always see TITHE anytime u read d word GIVE in d scriptures.

U amazed me here o.

Tithe is "given" as well dude! Accept that now and rid yourself of nightmares! angry
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Kenny4lyfe(m): 10:06pm On Nov 17, 2013
*Yawns* Goodnight y'all! Going to bed....
See y'all tomorrow!

@Gombs do have a blissful night rest bro! You're blessed! grin

1 Like

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by ajayikayod: 10:07pm On Nov 17, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:

Oh! Your small mind can't phatom how blessed I'm! And do you know why? Uh!
BECAUSE I FAVOUR GOD's RIGHTEOUS CAUSE!!!!
You dig?

Oh! thank God u r blessed. Hop u r not calling for party on dt and i hop its not a surprise to u because all believers hav received God's blessings.

Ur response all tru in ds thread kept me wondering. Those who tithe and those who dont here are sharing scriptures from extended studies they had, all u could do here is post pix and put ajassa. U should b on facebook, they ll lik u more there. Here? talk from d scriptures, we ll appreciate. Tanx.
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by truthislight: 10:08pm On Nov 17, 2013
Gombs:

Yeah! After Bidam resurrected his thread where he wants us to give 1k to help build churches in the North...and help Christians thr....I've not been noticing him around! grin

He was sore Bidam raised the thread up!

grin

Kunle has been a lot careful not to shoot his foot. All anti tithers have shot themselves on the foot, esp Goshen. It's almost like Goshen shoots his leg for sport grin

what you are doing here is more or less a propaganda stuff, nothing like 'truth'.
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by ajayikayod: 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2013
Kenny4lyfe:

Tithe is "given" as well dude! Accept that now and rid yourself of nightmares! angry

Scripture and verse, pls? Atleast let me b sure i m talking to a diligent Christian.
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by truthislight: 10:36pm On Nov 17, 2013
Gombs:

You never wash beans first, yet you come dey percive the smell of moi moi

Start giving the 10% first, after that, the answer to the other 90% would fall in place.

Let me don't remove my unwashed teeth outside o! Time don dey reach for anti tithers to switch to plan B!

What that brought gentiles to Yahweh is the New covanant, and that is what the NT is all about, can you show where in the NT that says that gentiles/christians should pay tithes ?

Apostle paul said that when he goes to the Jews, he acts like the Jews, and when he goes to the gentiles, he behave like a gentile, are you here saying that Apostle paul carried the Jewish tithe to the gentiles he was preaching to ?

The processes of the jews and their form or worship was an exclusive of the jews and not a gentile process of pleasing Yahweh.

Following blindly is not acceptable, hence the NT for Gentiles.

Even the samaritans that were so close to the jews got it wrong imagining they were serving Yahweh.

See:

"You worship what you do not know: we worship what we know : salvation originate with the Jews. " (John 4:22).

Now, that ^ is what asumptions in worship led to, for the samaritans, just like what you are doing here, asumptions upon asumptions.

The manual for christians is the NT and not this your deceits owing to greed and love of money when you cannot work.

Just show us where the NT commanded christians to tithe.

But for Israel, they had their system from Yahweh, and the Gentiles do.

The Jewish laws was for the Jewish people.

See:

"He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel. He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the LORD." (Psalm 147:19-20).

Yes, yahweh has not done that to any other nation, and we are gentiles, and not Israel.

Whatever you will want christian to do must be written in God's word the bible and the NT to Gentiles :

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. " (Matthew 7:21).

So, whatever christians must do must be the doing of God's will.

So, show us please.

Peace
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by truthislight: 10:46pm On Nov 17, 2013
the apostles of christ were not foolish that you will come here to add or correct them.

See what they say concerning we gentiles nations:

"Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles that are turned to God: But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood." (Acts 15:19-20).

Did you see tithe there ^ ?

From that ^, it is very obviouse that you are a theif that is adding monetary tithe to gentiles christians to defraud them and enrich your pocket.

So, from that, tell us now, are you not a theif ?

1 Like

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by DrummaBoy(m): 10:52pm On Nov 17, 2013
trustman: I made a post titled - STILL ON TITHING, ETC: THE BOOK OF ACTS GAVE US THE SOLUTION
I recommend reading it.
A number of things need to be borne i mind in looking at the issue of
where Christians stand in relation to the Mosaic law or the Old Testament
in general. A few points:
1. The 21st century Christian is not the first set of the body of Christ.
2. Do we know more of the Christian way of life than the Apostles did?
3. Did the Apostles give us what we need for the Christian way of life?
4. What blueprint can we find in the epistles for the Christian way of life?
5. Where the epistles and the Apostles resolved an issue are we at liberty
to still say today that they did not do a good job at it?
6. What does it mean to be under a new Covenant?
7. Is God's system for the CHURCH the same as for Israel or other dispensations?
8. Is the Christian called upon to go back to any ritual or peculiar practice of the old covenant?
I think a sincere look at these few points above should help a DISCERNING believer know where he
should stand in relation to an issue such as tithing.
Heb. 8: 13a - "In speaking of a new covenant, he makes the first one obsolete".

Very apt!
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Gombs(m): 12:35am On Nov 18, 2013
Kenny4lyfe: *Yawns* Goodnight y'all! Going to bed....
See y'all tomorrow!

@Gombs do have a blissful night rest bro! You're blessed! grin

You too, I just dey observe ni o

grin

1 Like

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Gombs(m): 12:40am On Nov 18, 2013
Ajayi Kayode

Gombs:

Dint you read Melchizedek was never born?

Oya quick quiz...Gen 6 said "the sons of God saw that
the daughters of men were attractive n took em as
wives

Pls, were those guys born of Women?

Were they no part of humanity?

Where they 'Born on earth'?

The bible verse above said "Lived" ...Melchizedek
'Lives' not 'Lived'...

Don't be like Goshen na, punching the air!

Answer these, you the only folk keeping me here o!

Pls gv me a reason to stay
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Goshen360(m): 12:54am On Nov 18, 2013
^ If you run it is because you know your lies will be exposed. I told you I have your time today and I will follow you up.

Let's finish the melchi issue you started, okay. Don't do wuru wuru take dabaru the whole issue, one at a time and at the end, you explain why 90% is freewill with scripture but 10% of same Abraham example is not a freewill.

1 Like

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by jahbiz: 1:29am On Nov 18, 2013
Huh! The multiplicity of religion and diversity of believe in the present world esp Nig as a country is enough to cause the third world war walai.
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Gombs(m): 1:57am On Nov 18, 2013
^^
Oya let me hand you a lifeline

Answer these

Gombs:
Dint you read Melchizedek was never born?

wives

1. Pls, were those guys born of Women?

2. Were they no part of humanity?

3. Were they 'Born on earth'?

The bible verse above said "Lived" ...Melchizedek
'Lives' not 'Lived'...
Don't be like Goshen na, punching the air!

I am about leaving the thread, not just because you guys are recycling questions and posts, or that you keep shooting your feet...but because I find no joy in being happy over your shortcomings in the Word, over your blunder and that of others here, all in a bid to reject tithing.

I'd rather go pray for God's knowledge to fill you and others willing, as the waters cover the sea.

Note!...it will profit us nothing if we keep wallowing in a matter that's not weightier (but necessary) in Christianity, where there are weightier things to be discussed in Christianity.

God didn't give you a commission to go about fighting a tithe war! Let Him fight His war! He uproots all that is not His, if Tithing was/is not of God, let God uproot it Himself...He is able

Numbers 11 Amp
23 The Lord said to Moses, Has the Lord’s hand (His
ability and power) become short (thwarted and
inadequate)?
You shall see now whether My word shall come to pass for you or not.

If you feel tithing is an evil in God's church, get on your knees, and make your petition known to God.

He already told you what you do...to GO make disciples of all nations, teaching them to do ALL he has commanded us... Start today and get on with it. Its not compulsory though!

Just yield urself to study, God will surely direct you on what path you shd go...

Cheers!

You should ignore the Melchizedek's questions I asked

2 Likes

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Nobody: 5:18am On Nov 18, 2013
Gombs: ^^

Answer these

I am about leaving the thread, not just because you guys are recycling questions and posts, or that you keep shooting your feet...but because I find no joy in being happy over your shortcomings in the Word, over your blunder and that of others here, all in a bid to reject tithing.

I'd rather go pray for God's knowledge to fill you and others willing, as the waters cover the sea.

Note!...it will profit us nothing if we keep wallowing in a matter that's not weightier (but necessary) in Christianity, where there are weightier things to be discussed in Christianity.

God didn't give you a commission to go about fighting a tithe war! Let Him fight His war! He uproots all that is not His, if Tithing was/is not of God, let God uproot it Himself...He is able

Numbers 11 Amp
inadequate)?

If you feel tithing is an evil in God's church, get on your knees, and make your petition known to God.

He already told you what you do...to GO make disciples of all nations, teaching them to do ALL he has commanded us... Start today and get on with it. Its not compulsory though!

Just yield urself to study, God will surely direct you on what path you shd go...

Cheers!

You should ignore the Melchizedek's questions I asked
Using drumma's word..very apt.
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Nobody: 5:39am On Nov 18, 2013
Goshen360: ^ If you run it is because you know your lies will be exposed. I told you I have your time today and I will follow you up.

Let's finish the melchi issue you started, okay. Don't do wuru wuru take dabaru the whole issue, one at a time and at the end, you explain why 90% is freewill with scripture but 10% of same Abraham example is not a freewill.
Freewill is actually NOT to do what you like, but to do what is RIGHT.
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by ajayikayod: 7:44am On Nov 18, 2013
Gombs: Ajayi Kayode

D question of the Sons of God will b a derail of d present issue on ground, we can discuss it else whr as chosen by u.
Bro, i dont appreciate answering bullet points because they dont transmit adequate knowlegde and study of d answerer but just to let u kno my stand, i will giv u short answers.

wives

1. Pls, were those guys born of Women? Yes

2. Were they no part of humanity? They were

3. Were they 'Born on earth'? Yes

If u think otherwise we can study through.
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Gombs(m): 9:31am On Nov 18, 2013
ajayikayod:

D question of the Sons of God will b a derail of d present issue on ground, we can discuss it else whr as chosen by u.
Bro, i dont appreciate answering bullet points because they dont transmit adequate knowlegde and study of d answerer but just to let u kno my stand, i will giv u short answers.

1. Pls, were those guys born of Women? Yes

2. Were they no part of humanity? They were

3. Were they 'Born on earth'? Yes

If u think otherwise we can study through.

Oh Dear Lord Jesus!

Gen 6 TLB

1-2 Now a population explosion took place upon the
earth. It was at this time that beings from the spirit world looked upon the beautiful earth women and took any they desired to be their wives.
4 In those days, and even afterwards, when the evil
beings from the spirit world
were sexually involved with human women, their children became giants, of whom so many legends are told.

Nevr knew spirits have mums and dads and that they were born on earth!

Thanks for your time! I think I'm done here.

God bless y'all

1 Like

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by BARRISTERS: 11:09am On Nov 18, 2013
G'MORNING EVERYONE,

@GOMBS;

IT WILL BE NOTED THAT YOU THREW THE FIRST INSULT AT ME, HERE IS IT,

GOMBS[/b]You obviously have dyslexia!

JUST TO REMEMBER YOU THAT YOUR PROPHECY CAUGHT UP WITH YOU EASILY;THAT ANTI-TITHERS RESORT TO INSULT, SEE YOUR PROPHECY ON PAGE 1;

[b]GOMBS; And nearly all anti tithers have something in common ...they might later on insult you and all they can lay hands on as the thread goes on. Its a prophecy from me!
THANK YOU FOR THAT, AT LEAST I HAVE NOT THROWN ANY INSULT ON YOU BEFORE NOW, YOU WILL AGREE WITH ME THAT THIS IS THE VERY FIRST TIME I WILL EVER ENGAGE YOU, NOW YOU CAME ON THE THREAD, YOU CANCEL POST AT WILL (AJAYIKAY), I WARNED YOU, YOU DID IT TO MY POST AGAIN, EXCHANGING WHAT DOES NOT RELATE TO THE OR PREVIOUS BEEF YOU HAD WITH SOME ON OTHER THREAD,

GOSHEN TOO SHOULD NT HAVE EXCHANGE THOSE INSULTIVE WORDS, WHY CANT WE KEEP TO THE TOPIC AND EXHIBIT SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE? WHEN PEOPLE ARE NOT HAVING A SOUND EVIDENCES THEY USE INSULT AS TOOLS, PLS I WILL NOT WANT THIS THREAD TO BE USED TO FURTHER PREVIOUS BEEFS YOU HAD WITH ANYONE

IF YOU DONT HAVE THE PATIENT TO ACCOMODATE PEOPLE'S VIEW, YOU CAN BACK OUT PLS, BUT IF YOU ARE SO SURE OF YOUR CLAIMS SUPPORTING TITHING FIRE-ON, SO, WHAT IS WRONG IN ANSWERING A QUESTION TO DETAIL? NOBODY IS FORCING SOMEONE TO CHANGE HIS RESOLVE, BUT WE LEARN THROUGH EXHIBITION OF SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE DEVOID OF INSULTIVE WORDS.

IM NOT A GENTLE MAN. GET THAT
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by BARRISTERS: 11:13am On Nov 18, 2013
BACK TO THE TOPIC

Pls quote me where I said Judah tithed to Abraham o!

OUR BUILD UP TO THIS WAS WHEN YOU QUOTED MALACHI 3:3-4

MALACHI 3:3-4

3 He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver;
He will purify the sons of Levi,
And purge them as gold and silver,
That they may offer to the Lord
An offering in righteousnes[/b]s.
4 “Then [b]the offering of Judah and Jerusalem
Will be pleasant to the Lord
As in the days of old,
As in former years.

NOTE WHO THE VERSE IS DIRECTED, "THE LEVI WILL BE PURIFIED, ...SO THAT THEY MAY OFFER OFFERINGS

3 "He will purify the sons of Levi,That they may offer to the Lord An offering in righteousnes"

OFFERING OF JUDAH AND JERUSALEM WILL BE PLEASANT.....
4 "the offering of Judah and Jerusalem Will be pleasant to the Lord,As in the days of old"

OBVIOUSLY, JUDAH AND JERUSALEM OFFERINGS HAS TO GO TO THE ALTER WHICH THE PURIFIED LEVITES OPERATES, NOTE THAT TRIBE JUDAH ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO OFFICIATE AT THE ALTER HEBREW 7:14.... "For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood"

YOU EXPLAIN THIS WAY

GOMBS: And see that it says (Mal 3v4), that He will accept the offerings of the people of Judah and Jerusalem ONCE AGAIN as he did in the past.

Question is...why Judah? Why Jerusalem?

The offerings in the latter days will be similar to those when the temple was first built

BUT I ASK YOU ANOTHER QUESTION, IF ACCORDING TO YOUR OWN TRANSLATION "The offerings in the latter days will be similar to those when the temple was first built",

WHY DID HEBREWS 7: 27 SAYS THIS ABOUT JESUS THAT .......

HEBREWS 7: 27 who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.

MY EMPHASIS IS ON DAILY NEED OF FARM PRODUCE, ANIMALS AND THE REST THAT PRIESTS OF LEVI WERE RECEIVING BY COMMAND IN VARIOUS WAYS,FIRSTFRUITS OFFERINGS, TITHE DUES, SIN OFFERINGS ETC,

AS YOU CAN SEE IN HEB 7:27 JESUS OWN SACRIFICIAL DEATH HAS CANCELLED THE NEED TO CONTINUALLY BRING FIRSTFRUITS OFFERINGS, TITHE DUES, SIN OFFERINGS AS A MUST

I NOTED YOUR REPLY, WHEN YOU SAID THAT JESUS DEATH IS MAINLY FOR THE REDEMPTION OF SIN, NO, BUT ALSO AMONG OTHER THINGS HIS DEATH STOPS THE BURDEN OF BRINGING THESE NEEDS TO THE PRIESTS FIRSTFRUITS OFFERINGS, TITHE DUES, SIN OFFERINGS ETC,HEB 7:27 "who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices".....

BUT RATHER
2 Corinthians 9:7

Each one of you should give just as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, because God loves a cheerful giver.

Pls show how the above means Judah paid tithes to Abraham!

IF JUDAH AND JERUSALEM WILL TITHE TO THE PURIFIED LEVITES IN THE FUTURE, WHICH MEANS LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD AND TITHING CONTINUES! FORGET ABOUT SAYING SOMETHING LIKE (SIMILAR)

AND IF YOU SAY YOU TITHE IN FAITH OF ABRAHAM, YOU ARE AT LOGGERHEAD WITH THE FUTURE PURIFIED LEVITES PRIESTHOOD, BECAUSE THE DEFINATION OF ABRAHAM OFFERING TENTH PART, IS DIFFERENT FROM THE LEVITICAL TITHE, THAT IS THE IMPLICATION
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by BARRISTERS: 11:32am On Nov 18, 2013
CAN ANY OF THE TITHERS PLEASE, TELL US WHAT IS MEANT BY ..ORDER OF MELCHIZEDECK....

IT SEEMS THE ANSWER WILL EXPOSE THE LIES THAT OFTEN USED TO CONFUSE TITHING AND NORMAL TAX/TRIBUTE

CAN ANY TITHER DARE?
shocked

1 Like

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by truthislight: 11:47am On Nov 18, 2013
Gombs: Ajayi Kayode

If you dont stay, it is because you wants to excape and run away as a .......

1 Like

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by truthislight: 12:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
Gombs: ^^

Answer these

Numbers 11 Amp
inadequate)?

Cheers!

You will really like us to keep quiet so that you and your likes can milk those that for the sake of christianity go to your business centers where 5 times offerings are collected excluding sowing or seeds, and ofcouse, the preaching is all about money! Money!! Money!!!

Well, you miss fired, Jesus did not keep silent when the people of his days turned the temple of God to business center, he chased them away and cursed them, such action is what you all business centers deserved.

Your exploitation has made nonsense of legitimate means of earning a living and made greed the order of ther day why people steal and believe it is God that has opened up the way for them, hence, feeding corruption in the country.

Even the young men in Nigeria dont want to think and be creative again and do work but sees christianity as a means of easy money.

The rest sees it as a place to consult as an oracle can be consulted, and no longer the love for God and christ.

The damage that your counterfeit has done to the image of christianity is huge.

Just see all the out of scriptural posting you have been making here!

Is christianity all about making money ?

Is God/Yahweh a money making venture ?
What about loving God Just because he first loved us ?

Selfish greedy lots.

Keep on beging us to let you defraud people. Smh.
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by BARRISTERS: 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2013
truthislight:

You will really like us to keep quiet so that you and your likes can milk those that for the sake of christianity go to your business centers where 5 times offerings are collected excluding sowing or seeds, and ofcouse, the preaching is all about money! Money!! Money!!!

Well, you miss fired, Jesus did not keep silent when the people of his days turned the temple of God to business center, he chased them away and cursed them, such action is what you all business centers deserved.

Your exploitation has made nonsense of legitimate means of earning a living and made greed the order of ther day why people steal and believe it is God that has opened up the way for them, hence, feeding corruption in the country.

Even the young men in Nigeria dont want to think and be creative again and do work but sees christianity as a means of easy money.

The rest sees it as a place to consult as an oracle can be consulted, and no longer the love for God and christ.

The damage that your counterfeit has done to the image of christianity is huge.

Just see all the out of scriptural posting you have been making here!

Is christianity all about making money ?

Is God/Yahweh a money making venture ?
What about loving God Just because he first loved us ?

Selfish greedy lots.

Keep on beging us to let you defraud people. Smh.

FRIEND, LONG LONG TIME, ITS BEEN A WHILE NOW!
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by ajayikayod: 12:38pm On Nov 18, 2013
Gombs:

Oh Dear Lord Jesus!

Gen 6 TLB

1-2 Now a population explosion took place upon the
earth. It was at this time that beings from the spirit world looked upon the beautiful earth women and took any they desired to be their wives.
4 In those days, and even afterwards, when the evil
beings from the spirit world
were sexually involved with human women, their children became giants, of whom so many legends are told.

Nevr knew spirits have mums and dads and that they were born on earth!

Thanks for your time! I think I'm done here.

God bless y'all

Bro, picking a translation dt suit ur claim isnt enough for justification. Ds is d reason we hav access to d original letters. Does d word sons of God (bene 'elohim) translate to evil spirits? Is God an evil God. Will d bible call Satan friend of God? or demons sons of God?

Hop u kno dt d interpretation of sons of God to mean fallen angels in Gen 6 was latently extracted from Book of Enoch.

Let the scriptures interprete itself, dont assume meanings or justify by putting up a single translation without checking d stand of d scriptures on issues.

I ve told u, when u r ready we can hav indept discussion on this.

1 Like

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by BARRISTERS: 1:46pm On Nov 18, 2013
@Kenny4lyfe

GOOD QUESTION

Dear Barrister, what do you say about this portion of the Bible in Galatians 3:29,

"And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed and heir according to the promise." [/color]

SEE THE BOLDED IN YOUR POST "heir according to the promise" WE NEED TO KNOW WHO THE PROMISED WAS MADE ORIGINALLY, AND HOW IT WAS EXTENDED

Galatians 3:16
16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ

Genesis 26

4.....and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws

We talk about tithing and you guys brought the question of genealogy, do you not know of the priesthood that's in Christ Jesus?

I KNOW, CHRIST PRIESTHOOD DOES NOT NEED A STOREHOUSE, WHERE TITHE OFFERINGS FIRSTFRUITS ARE KEPT FOR VARIOUS KIND OF OFFERINGS, CHRIST PRIESTHOOD DOES NOT NEED YOU TO DECLARE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT SO AS TO EXPOSE YOU TO BEIGN MANUEVER, IT IS CALLED (OBTAINING UNDER FALSE PRETENCE) JESUS HAD OFFERED HIMSELF ONCE AND FOR ALL, HE REMOVED THE YOKE OF GIVING FIXED OFFERINGS GRUDGINLY AND OF COMPULSION AS LEVITICAL TITHE DEMANDS; HEBREWS 7: 27 "who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself"

Who do you think God was talking to when He said throught the psalmist in Psalm 110:4 that,

"The Lord hath sworn and will not repent, thou hath a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek."

READ WHAT ORDER OF MELCHIZEDECK SIMPLY MEANS, SIMILITUDE OR LIKENESS OF IN THE SAME HEBREW 7:14-15

Hebrews 7
King James Version (KJV)

14 "For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood".

15 "And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest"

Hebrews 7
New King James Version (NKJV)

15 "And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest"

THE ONLY UNIQUE THING ABOUT MELCHIZEDECK PRIESTHOOD WAS THAT HE DOUBLE AS BOTH PRIEST AND KING, AND IN LIKENESS OF THAT JESUS PRIESTHOOD IS BOTH AS KING AND PRIEST SIMILAR /SIMILITUDE/ TO MELCHIZEDECK PRIESTHOOD, SIMPLE[/font]

Jesus the Christ doesn't came to die for the Jew alone; For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son; that WHOSOEVER believeth in Him should not perish but have EVERLASTING LIFE. (John 3:16). In christianity there's neither Jew nor Greek

HEBREW 7:11

11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron

HAD IT BEEN THAT "perfection were through the Levitical priesthood" YOU AND I WILL STILL CONTINUE TO GET CIRCUMCISED AND ADOPTED INTO THE JEWISH SYSTEM ONLY IF YOU WANT TO BE CALL GODS SON. BUT THE ANNULMENT OF THE PRIESTHOOD OF LEVI, MEANS THAT IF YOU HAVE FAITH IN CHRIST YOU ARE ADOPTED AS PART OF ABRAHAM'S HEIR NOT BY INHERITANCE, BUT THROUGH FAITH

CAN YOU SEE NOW THAT SINCE YOU ARE NOT A JEW, YOU DONT HAVE ANY LINK WHATSOEVER WITH TITHING, YOUR ADOPTION IS BECAUSE YOU ARE ADOPTED AS A CHRIST FOLLOWER, WHILE JESUS IS THE TRUE SON OF THE SOIL, HE HAD A LINK AS A JEW, IT IS DIFFERENT FROM YOURS WHICH IS ADOPTION THROUGH FAITH.Galatians 3:16
16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by truthislight: 5:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
BARRISTERS:

FRIEND, LONG LONG TIME, ITS BEEN A WHILE NOW!

Yeah, long time no seeing.
Its been long really.

Hope all is well ?

Its good having you around men.
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Kenny4lyfe(m): 12:24am On Nov 19, 2013
BARRISTERS: @Kenny4lyfe

GOOD QUESTION

SEE THE BOLDED IN YOUR POST "heir according to the promise" WE NEED TO KNOW WHO THE PROMISED WAS MADE ORIGINALLY, AND HOW IT WAS EXTENDED

Galatians 3:16

Genesis 26

4.....and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws

I KNOW, CHRIST PRIESTHOOD DOES NOT NEED A STOREHOUSE, WHERE TITHE OFFERINGS FIRSTFRUITS ARE KEPT FOR VARIOUS KIND OF OFFERINGS, CHRIST PRIESTHOOD DOES NOT NEED YOU TO DECLARE YOUR BANK ACCOUNT SO AS TO EXPOSE YOU TO BEIGN MANUEVER, IT IS CALLED (OBTAINING UNDER FALSE PRETENCE) JESUS HAD OFFERED HIMSELF ONCE AND FOR ALL, HE REMOVED THE YOKE OF GIVING FIXED OFFERINGS GRUDGINLY AND OF COMPULSION AS LEVITICAL TITHE DEMANDS; HEBREWS 7: 27 "who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself"

READ WHAT ORDER OF MELCHIZEDECK SIMPLY MEANS, SIMILITUDE OR LIKENESS OF IN THE SAME HEBREW 7

Hebrews 7
King James Version (KJV)

14 "For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood".

15 "And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest"

Hebrews 7
New King James Version (NKJV)

15 "And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest"

THE ONLY UNIQUE THING ABOUT MELCHIZEDECK PRIESTHOOD WAS THAT HE DOUBLE AS BOTH PRIEST AND KING, AND IN LIKENESS OF THAT JESUS PRIESTHOOD IS BOTH AS KING AND PRIEST SIMILAR /SIMILITUDE/ TO MELCHIZEDECK PRIESTHOOD, SIMPLE[/font]

HEBREW 7:11

11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, and not be called according to the order of Aaron

HAD IT BEEN THAT "perfection were through the Levitical priesthood" YOU AND I WILL STILL CONTINUE TO GET CIRCUMCISED AND ADOPTED INTO THE JEWISH SYSTEM ONLY IF YOU WANT TO BE CALL GODS SON. BUT THE ANNULMENT OF THE PRIESTHOOD OF LEVI, MEANS THAT IF YOU HAVE FAITH IN CHRIST YOU ARE ADOPTED AS PART OF ABRAHAM'S HEIR NOT BY INHERITANCE, BUT THROUGH FAITH

CAN YOU SEE NOW THAT SINCE YOU ARE NOT A JEW, YOU DONT HAVE ANY LINK WHATSOEVER WITH TITHING, YOUR ADOPTION IS BECAUSE YOU ARE ADOPTED AS A CHRIST FOLLOWER, WHILE JESUS IS THE TRUE SON OF THE SOIL, HE HAD A LINK AS A JEW, IT IS DIFFERENT FROM YOURS WHICH IS ADOPTION THROUGH FAITH.Galatians 3:16

Oh mehn! undecided
Where do these guys come from?

Galatians 3:29-And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise.

The scripture clearly said it all!
"IF YE BE CHRIST'S", meaning; if you belong to Christ- if you're born again.

"THEN ARE YE ABRAHAM'S SEED AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE", meaning; then you are Abraham's seed (offspring) and heir according to The Promise.

When you merge these two together, then you'll realise that, By virtue of our being initiated into Christ we automatically qualify as Abraham's Seed and heirs according to the promise.

Yes! Jesus Christ is The Seed of Abraham but then you've gotta realise that "though we are many, we are one body in Christ" (Romans 12:5) and therefore co-possessors with Christ!

Romans 8:17, And if children, then heirs; heirs of God and JOINT-HEIRS with CHRIST; it so be that we suffer together with Him, that we may also be glorified together with Him.

We are individually units of a body called Christ and heirs to The Promise of Abraham. So, we can boldly say, "Abrahams blessings are mine".
Abraham by promise inherits the earth and we are heirs according to that promise (Gen. 19:14). So, as many has received Christ are possessors of the earth!

As far as Priesthood is concerned,
» Hebrew 7:12-17 tells us of a change of priesthood.
» 1 Peter 2:9 refers to us as a royal priesthood.
» Hebrew 7:26 reveals the fact that we (Born-again Christians) are Priest as well.
»1 Peter 2:5 reveals to us that we're a holy priesthood and our duty is to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God by Christ Jesus!
So, my friend a little advice for you and everyone else; BE MUCH MORE CAREFUL OF WHAT GOD DIDN'T SAY THAN WHAT HE SAID!

**unfollows thread**
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Goshen360(m): 12:49am On Nov 19, 2013
^ As usual, talking so much, saying nothing. How does being Abraham's heirs according to promise correlate to tithing in Abraham's way? Do you also distribute the rest 90% as Abraham, if you following Abraham's example.

Scripture is very clear what connects us, Christians to Abraham - FAITH and NOTHING MORE.

4 Likes

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 19, 2013
Goshen360: ^ As usual, talking so much, saying nothing. How does being Abraham's heirs according to promise correlate to tithing in Abraham's way? Do you also distribute the rest 90% as Abraham, if you following Abraham's example.

Scripture is very clear what connects us, Christians to Abraham - FAITH and NOTHING MORE.
Yet FAITH without WORKS is DEAD.

(James) "You foolish man,do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together,and his faith was made complete by what he did."(james 2:20-22).

(Jesus) "If you were Abraham's children," said Jesus, "then you would do the things Abraham did".(Jn 8:39)

(Paul) "And he is also the father of the circumcised who not only are circumcised but who also WALK in the FOOTSEPS OF THE FAITH that our father Abraham had before he was circumcised." (Rom 4:12).
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Goshen360(m): 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
Bidam: Yet FAITH without WORKS is DEAD.

(James) "You foolish man,do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? You see that his faith and his actions were working together,and his faith was made complete by what he did."(james 2:20-22).

(Jesus) "If you were Abraham's children," said Jesus, "then you would do the things Abraham did".(Jn 8:39)

(Paul) "And he is also the father of the circumcised who not only are circumcised but who also WALK in the FOOTSEPS OF THE FAITH that our father Abraham had before he was circumcised." (Rom 4:12).

Relax, I will reply those scriptures properly when I have time today.
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by BARRISTERS: 1:03am On Nov 20, 2013
Goshen360: ^ As usual, talking so much, saying nothing. How does being Abraham's heirs according to promise correlate to tithing in Abraham's way? Do you also distribute the rest 90% as Abraham, if you following Abraham's example.

GOD BLESS YOU FOR THE SUMMARY!

ADOPTION THROUGH MANIFESTATION OF FAITH DOES NOT JUSTIFY CONFUSING TAX/TRIBUTE OFFERING OF ABRAHAM TO TITHING

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Happy 50th Birthday To Pastor Kolawole Oyeyem - Chapel Of Uncommon Grace (CUG) / Bro Paul-- A Short Story / 5 Dangers Of Making Excuses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.