Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

(law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded (7869 Views)

why anything God Does Or Commanded Morally Good; Can We Be Justified To Do Same / If GOD Appeared To You And Commanded You To Murder Someone, Would You Do It?? / Jesus Can Change That Ugly Situatioon, And Put A Smile On Your Face Tday. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by BARRISTERS: 2:56am On Nov 15, 2013
@Gombs

I WANT TO START WITH YOUR FIRST POST

[quote author=Gombs]

I'm not suppose to be on this thread, but...

1. We tithe because we are of the faith of Abraham

YOU ARE AWARE THAT MELCHIZEDECK'S OFFICE IS BOTH KING AND PRIEST

OK, THE KING RECEIVES TAX DURING PRE LAW AND AFTER,

AND SO MELCHIZEDECK AS A KING IS ENTITLED TO RECEIVING TAX

MELCHIZEDECK ALSO AS A PRIEST IS ALSO ENTITLED TO RECEIVE RELIGIOUS 'OFFERINGS'

YOU ARE AWARE THAT WHAT ABRAHAM GAVE TO MELCHIZEDECK WAS NOT ON INCREASE OF HIS FARM BUT A FIXED PERCENTAGE OF WAR SPOILS

NOW CAN YOU TELL US HOW YOU CONCLUDE WHAT ABRAHAM GAVE TO MELCHIZEDECK WAS NOT A TAX OBLIGATION BUT A RELIGIOUS OFFERING?

SHORT ANSWER

2. He tithed to a priest of SAME order of priesthood as Jesus hence tithe is an eternal principle because the priesthood we belong to is forever

WHAT IS THE ORDER OF PRIESTHOOD THAT YOU ARE TALKING OF HERE, EXPLAIN HOW THAT ORDER IS DIFFERENT FROM LIKENESS/SIMILARITY IN FUNCTIONS OF OFFICE THAT BOTH JESUS AND MELCHIZEDECK HAD IN COMMON;

JESUS IS BOTH OUR HIGH PRIEST AND KING
MELCHIZEDECK TOO IS BOTH PRIEST AND KING

.....YOU(JESUS) ARE A PRIEST IN THE ORDER/SIMILAR TO MELCHIZEDECK....

APART FROM THIS SIMILARITY THAT I PUT UP THERE, TELL US WHAT ORDER YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WHICH IS A DIFFERENT ONE

SHORT ANSWER

3. Mal 3 was written not to the levitical priests or Mosaic tithe laws, why?
Because it was written for a time to come, it talks of a later time or a messenger and messiah to come. It was written to scoffers who made fun about the coming of the messiah. Malachi was told to Look, to SEE with his Spirit eye...God said to him "Behold"

OF ALL YOUR EXPLANATIONS YOU WERE ECONOMICAL WITH THE TRUTH HERE BROTHER, THE WHOLE BOOK OF MALACHI WERE WRITTEN TO THE LEVITICAL PRIESTS,

MALACHI 1

7[b] “You offer defiled food on My altar,
But say,
‘In what way have we defiled You?’
By saying,
‘The table of the Lord is contemptible.’
8 And when you offer the blind as a sacrifice,
Is it not evil?
And when you offer the lame and sick,
Is it not evil?
Offer it then to your governor[/b]!
Would he be pleased with you?
Would he accept you favorably?”
Says the Lord of hosts.

MALACHI 2

“And now, O priests, this commandment is for you.
2 If you will not hear,
And if you will not take it to heart,
To give glory to My name,”
Says the Lord of hosts,
“I will send a curse upon you,
And I will curse your blessings.
Yes, I have cursed them already,
Because you do not take it to heart.
4 Then you shall know that I have sent this commandment to you,
That My covenant with Levi may continue,”
Says the Lord of hosts.

The Messiah Jesus will also purify those around Him:
Like fire, He will burn away the impurities of the priests. Like soap, He will wash away their uncleanness ( Deuteronomy 4:29; Isaiah 1:25; Jeremiah 6:29-30; Ezekiel 22:17-22wink. The priests will then be able to offer sacrifices in righteousness (from a pure heart.)

He is talking about US, the new creation folks! We are the refined Priests, of the order of Melchizedek. Hallelujah!

And see that it says, that He will accept the offerings of the people of Judah and Jerusalem ONCE AGAIN as he did in the past.

BROTHER, ARE YOU A CIRCUMCISED JEW? DO YOU FORGET THAT IT WAS ONLY THE JEWS OUT OF THE WHOLE WORLD THEN THAT WERE UNDER THE LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD, AND NOT OTHER NATIONS, SINCE YOU ARE NOT A JEW, HOW ARE YOU NOW A REFINED JEWISH PRIEST OF MALACHI 3?

BE HONEST PLEASE
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by BARRISTERS: 3:37am On Nov 15, 2013
@Gombs

He is talking about US, the new creation folks! We are the refined Priests, of the order of Melchizedek. Hallelujah!

And see that it says, that He will accept the offerings of the people of Judah and Jerusalem ONCE AGAIN as he did in the past

[img]COMPARE HEBREWS 7:26-27 YOU ARE TALKING OPPOSITE,

26 For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; 27 who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself

BROTHER, JESUS DOES NOT NEED BURDENSOME FIXED OFFERINGS AGAIN BECAUSE IT WILL AMOUNT TO DUPLICATION ......"for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself"

JESUS DEATH WILL BE LOSING ITS SIGNIFICANCE IF WE STILL BURDEN OURSELF ON FIXED MATERIAL AND PHISICAL OFFERINGS AND NOT THE SPIRITUAL GOOD BEHAVIOR TO OTHERS AND SHOWING TRUE LOVE AS FINE OFFERINGS OF CONDUCT ACCEPTABLE TO THE LORD [/img]

PLEASE Gombs, STATE YOUR OPINIONS AND STOP CANCELLING OTHERS POST WHILE QUOTING THEM LIKE YOU DID TO ajayikayod

2 Likes

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Nobody: 3:46am On Nov 15, 2013
Goshen360:

He was blessed and RICH BEFORE he tithe. Also, Melchizedek didn't show up to RECEIVE TITHE FROM ABRAHAM, HE SHOWED UP TO BLESS. Abraham was pronounced BLESSED first, not tithing in order to be blessed.

Like i always say in this forum, most of your errors always emanate from not reading the bible in CONTEXT.

Where did God blessed Abraham? Was it when he went down to Egypt to DISPLAY his wife to pharaoh claiming she was his sister?

Read GENESIS 12 AND 13 IN CONTEXT. The God i know does NOT BLESS people that WAY sir!
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by PastorKun(m): 6:27am On Nov 15, 2013
Gombs: ^^
You busy lecturing us on Moses' tithe laws..why not spend energy on lecturing us on Abraham's tithing which you termed free will offering? You called it free willed offering yet the bible said it was a tenth of all (tithe). Question is, if it were a mere free willed offering, why then did he give a priest of the Most High 10% and the 90% he gave the king of Sodom? Of ALL the Kings Abraham met with, he randomly chose Mechizedek abi?

King of Sodom first went to meet Abraham o! Abraham give tithe to Melchizedek and the remaining 90% he gave it free willed...now you see there is a difference between Tithe and free will donation!

You dey try o

What kind of DAFT analogy is this I am even more shocked that a couple of dolts went on to 'like' the rubbish stated therein shocked

1 Like

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by ajayikayod: 8:26am On Nov 15, 2013
LambanoPeace: Wow Gombs, i must say av lrnt alot from the abv.i almost got swayed to stop tithing some time ago when some other NLders kept stating it was wrong and it is done away with, now i know clerer...and you are most right when you said you would let viewers judge for themselves on which road they want to thread on... that is enough wisdom than getting into arguements and maybe it will get personal.

i for one has learnt a thing or two and as i got to learn tithing by faith, i usually tithed because others did, now i know better. whether tithing is abolished on not, i will be on a safe side because i will pay my tithes in faith and accurately.

and i just followed you, God bless you sir.

Bro, glad for the progressive insight u recieved.

Dt u kno now dt u "giv-tithe-by-faith" is the first step to bein liberated from conditional givin as preached in most places. Dt s d first decision i made too over 12years back whn i recieved clarity about tithing doctrine.

I decided to b givin-it-by-faith since its a form of givin and i dont want to be left out of its blessing lik u put it (be on d safe side). But few year later i got greater light to discover wat i kno today dt i giv to God to honor him not wit my tenth but as much as is required to meet the church needs and to bless others (dt cant be ur tenth, dts almost ALL if not ALL as practiced by d early church (Acts)).

Most times whn ppl hear some believers talk about "tithe is done away wit" they think such believers ar selfish and dont want to giv to God. Dts absolutely not true. Since i ve left tithing i ve not given less than half of my income to honor God and support d church becos i ve come to discover dt all dt i hav is from him and for him.

I always tell ppl around me dt, if u r facing serious financial challenges and d 1st tin that come to ur mind is "God should make a way BECOS u pay ur tithe or give in church or ds challenge come because i didnt pay tithe" then u r still far from understanding how to recieve from God. We reciev becos He loves us.

In conclusion, glad once again for ds progressive knowlegde u recieved Bro, dt faith has come into ur giving and now u can stand & reciev b4 God not becos u r better but by Faith in His Word.

1 Like

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Gombs(m): 9:04am On Nov 15, 2013
Pastor Kun:

What kind of DAFT analogy is this I am even more shocked that a couple of dolts went on to 'like' the rubbish stated therein shocked

grin cheesy

Allow viewers to chose for themselves....it appears you are the only smart one here.

Good morning mr Kunle.

2 Likes

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Gombs(m): 9:27am On Nov 15, 2013
BARRISTERS: @Gombs

[img]COMPARE HEBREWS 7:26-27 YOU ARE TALKING OPPOSITE,

26 For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; 27 who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the people’s, for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself

BROTHER, JESUS DOES NOT NEED BURDENSOME FIXED OFFERINGS AGAIN BECAUSE IT WILL AMOUNT TO DUPLICATION ......"for this He did once for all when He offered up Himself"

JESUS DEATH WILL BE LOSING ITS SIGNIFICANCE IF WE STILL BURDEN OURSELF ON FIXED MATERIAL AND PHISICAL OFFERINGS AND NOT THE SPIRITUAL GOOD BEHAVIOR TO OTHERS AND SHOWING TRUE LOVE AS FINE OFFERINGS OF CONDUCT ACCEPTABLE TO THE LORD [/img]

PLEASE Gombs, STATE YOUR OPINIONS AND STOP CANCELLING OTHERS POST WHILE QUOTING THEM LIKE YOU DID TO ajayikayod

Oga, Jesus' death was a sacrifice for redemption...for remission of sin.

The priest of old offered bulls n all for atonement of sins, get the diff., that's what that verse is saying.
Stop reading the bible up side down.

As for your other post, u said melchizedek was a king and was entitled to tax..... grin didn't you read there was also another king of sodom? Why didnt he pay tax there too? Instead he dash the king stuffz....and hey, you also said he was a priest and was entitled to offering..... cheesy na wa o!

U guys shd see how folks can get confused! grin Goshen help you comrade out na, he should go study how many kings were present then, and he should know that, I don't intend to argue....

And why bring farm produce that was stipulated under Moses' law, was Abaraham a Jew? Una dey try sha o!

2 Likes

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by LambanoPeace: 9:39am On Nov 15, 2013
ajayikayod:

Bro, glad for the progressive insight u recieved.

thank you

ajayikayod:
Dt u kno now dt u "giv-tithe-by-faith" is the first step to bein liberated from conditional givin as preached in most places. Dt s d first decision i made too over 12years back whn i recieved clarity about tithing doctrine.

i learnt to do all things i do in church in faith... and even though i bet that God would honor his words, i learnt to give my tithes whether it be done away with or not...i will do so in faith

ajayikayod:
I decided to b givin-it-by-faith since its a form of givin and i dont want to be left out of its blessing lik u put it (be on d safe side). But few year later i got greater light to discover wat i kno today dt i giv to God to honor him not wit my tenth but as much as is required to meet the church needs and to bless others (dt cant be ur tenth, dts almost ALL if not ALL as practiced by d early church (Acts)).

that's your conviction, follow it

ajayikayod:
Most times whn ppl hear some believers talk about [size=16pt]"tithe is done away wit" they think such believers ar selfish and dont want to giv to God.[/size] Dts absolutely not true. Since i ve left tithing i ve not given less than half of my income to honor God and support d church becos i ve come to discover dt all dt i hav is from him and for him.

but that is the sad truth...if not, why would they wanna discourage others from giving. would it be right for you to discourage those who wanna give? wouldnt it seem like they dont wanna give that is why they attack those who do?

ajayikayod:
I always tell ppl around me dt, if u r facing serious financial challenges and d 1st tin that come to ur mind is "God should make a way BECOS u pay ur tithe or give in church or ds challenge come because i didnt pay tithe" then u r still far from understanding how to recieve from God. We reciev becos He loves us.

your opinion

ajayikayod:
In conclusion, glad once again for ds progressive knowlegde u recieved Bro, dt faith has come into ur giving and now u can stand & reciev b4 God not becos u r better but by Faith in His Word.

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Gombs(m): 10:26am On Nov 15, 2013
hello Goshen, i dont distribute the rest 90% because it is free willed...if i like i will, it is my choice to give it out, it was Abraham's choice to give his out, me i might decide to give mine out, simple thought

2. You tithe BASED ON THE LAW but turn around to claim your tithe is according to Abraham's example. Abraham didn't tithe for windows of heaven to open to him nor for him to be blessed. He was blessed and RICH BEFORE he tithe. Also, Melchizedek didn't show up to RECEIVE TITHE FROM ABRAHAM, HE SHOWED UP TO BLESS. Abraham was pronounced BLESSED first, not tithing in order to be blessed.

yeah, he was blessed by God before the tithe, question is who taught him about tithing? now, that is what i call a man of faith. same as Drummerboy can not tell me who taught Abel how to give an offering, and how he did it in faith. it is surely not a coincidence that he gave tithe to a high priest as Melchizedek and 400years later, Moses adopted tithing too.

Abraham was already a blessed man before he met Melchizedek, go and study.

heb 7v6 But this person who has not their Levitical ancestry received tithes from Abraham [himself] and blessed him who possessed the promises [of God].

He met a man who did something significant (go study it too), bringing bread and wine for their nourishment, Why? the bible said because he was a priest and that the lesser is blessed of the greater, what then made Melchizedek greater?...and Abraham did something, in faith (because that man did all he did in faith) he gave a tenth, not 90%, not 50%, but 10%... question is,

why did the bible pluralize the tithe Abraham gave..

Hebrews 7

8 Furthermore, here [in the Levitical priesthood] tithes are received by men who are subject to death; while there [in the case of Melchizedek], [size=16pt]they are received[/size] by one of whom it is testified that he lives [perpetually].

since Abraham was the only one who physically tithed to Melchizedek, why didnt the bible use IT WAS?
let me give you a clue
Heb 7

12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is of necessity an alteration of the law [concerning the priesthood] as well.

it is pluralized because from above verse, there was a change in the law that said only Levites could be priests. Jesus is a priest from Judah (confirming the change in the law that said ONLY levites could be priests), and Jesus is of the same order of priesthood as Melchizedek who received tithes, meaning ALL who are Christ's, those same folks are Abraham's offspring AND spiritual heirs according to what? according to the promise (Gal 3v29), when they pay their tithes, it goes to that order of priesthood Abraham tithed to, which is forever. that is why tithes and offerings are eternal principle. that is why Abraham's tithing was pluralized

now, i didnt write the above to convince you, i wrote it for viewers of this page. u will probably never pay tithes, and i will never stop tithing, so let us leave it at that, and let those who need to learn to learn. to choose what road they wanna thread.

thanks.

2 Likes

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by LambanoPeace: 10:46am On Nov 15, 2013
wow! never knew Jesus was a priest that resulted from the change of the law that said only levites could be priests, and no wonder as Melchizedek was a royalpriest, so are the born again Christians of today...Just because Jesus is of that order of Priesthood as Melchizedek.

i just keep learning stuffs. i dont normally post on threads, but this thread is really interesting. thank you all!

2 Likes

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by ajayikayod: 11:33am On Nov 15, 2013
ajayikayod:
Most times whn ppl hear some believers talk about "tithe is done away wit" they think such believers ar selfish and dont want to giv to God. Dts absolutely not true. Since i ve left tithing i ve not given less than half of my income to honor God and support d church becos i ve come to discover dt all dt i hav is from him and for him.

LambanoPeace: but that is the sad truth...if not, why would they wanna discourage others from giving. would it be right for you to discourage those who wanna give? wouldnt it seem like they dont wanna give that is why they attack those who do?

Bro, may some, not all. At least i kno many honourable givers.
Truly no one is discouraging others not to GIVE. God gave, Jesus gave, Paul gave, the early church gave, so why will a Christian not giv (be imitator of God as dear children).
Wat is been discussed is d way we giv, how giving is to be as seen as done by God, Christ, Paul and d early church. How giving should b to honor God but not a condition to collect from God. The opposition comes whn we claim dt a believer dt doesnt giv ll b curse or wont get God's blessings. Dts a requirement of d Law.

If i preach dt a believer is made righteous in Christ and not under d Law anymore, does dt mean i m telling Christians to go and b sinning as against dt Law? No, we ar saved and made righteous as such we should not live in sin. Not d other way round as believing its whn u dont sin dts whn u r called righteous. i dont sin becos i m a righteous son of a righteous God hence has d ability to do His Will by d Spirit.

Same as givin here, d doctrine of dont pay tithe is not against givin as some twisted it to be, it about dont give on requirement/condition to be bless but as d Lord gave (Freely hav u recieved, freely u should give).

The act of faith is not about i giv and i hav faith dt God will provide for me on ds ground. No, its about i hav faith in God as my provider so i can giv all i hav becos i kno He is faithful to provide.
D diff between d two is so thin dt it takes an abadonment to His Word by His Spirit to walk in such faith.

Tanx Bro.

God bless you[/quote]
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by ajayikayod: 11:45am On Nov 15, 2013
Gombs: hello Goshen, i dont distribute the rest 90% because it is free willed...if i like i will, it is my choice to give it out, it was Abraham's choice to give his out, me i might decide to give mine out, simple thought

yeah, he was blessed by God before the tithe, question is who taught him about tithing? now, that is what i call a man of faith. same as Drummerboy can not tell me who taught Abel how to give an offering, and how he did it in faith. it is surely not a coincidence that he gave tithe to a high priest as Melchizedek and 400years later, Moses adopted tithing too.

heb 7v6 But this person who has not their Levitical ancestry received tithes from Abraham [himself] and blessed him who possessed the promises [of God].

He met a man who did something significant (go study it too), bringing bread and wine for their nourishment, Why? the bible said because he was a priest and that the lesser is blessed of the greater, what then made Melchizedek greater?...and [size=14]Abraham did something, in faith (because that man did all he did in faith)[/size] he gave a tenth, not 90%, not 50%, but 10%... question is,

D issue is still saying Abraham pay tithe by faith. U r yet to tell me how he did dt by faith. Faith dt wat? He ll be blessed or wat? If u hav a pastor, do u giv to him by faith or to honor him. Wat do u think, d givin done in early church (Acts) and giving to Paul are they by faith or to honor them?
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by DrummaBoy(m): 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
@ Gombs

Hebrew 7:8 from a number of translations:

And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth - KJV

In the one case, the tenth is collected by people who die; but in the other case, by him who is declared to be living - NIV

Here mortal men receive tithes, but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives -NKJV

Here tithes are received by mortal men; there, by one of whom it is testified that he lives - RSV

And here dying men receive tithes; but there one of whom the witness is that he lives - DBY

By looking at the verse 8 from other versions of the scripture, we see that the issue you wanted to make out of the matter of PLURAILITY is a non issue at all. It all depends on the version you are using; the plurality disappears in the NIV, for example. But let us even allow that that word was translated as plural. Do you realize that Melchizedek as King and Priest could not have collected tithes from Abraham alone. In his royal and religious capacity he would have collected tithes from other people too whether they were giving the tithes on religious or customary bases. Also, that text makes it clear that when Abraham gave his tithes, he was not the only one giving the tithe, his descendants that included Levi, Aaron and even Jesus (from the tribe of Judah) were giving tithes - thus the need to put that tithes in the plural.

So my friend you have not brought out anything new by showing us that something was written in the plural. To suggest that because verse 8 read:" Furthermore, here [in the Levitical priesthood] tithes are received by men who are subject to death; while there [in the case of Melchizedek], they are received by one of whom it is testified that he lives [perpetually]" , then Jesus who is of the Order of Melchizedek is now collecting tithes from Christians, is to say something that that text never said - except, of course, on TBN.

What does that text say?

This is the context from which Hebrew 7:8 is taken (quoting from NIV):

1 This Melchizedek was king of Salem and priest of God Most High. He met Abraham returning from the defeat of the kings and blessed him,

2 and Abraham gave him a tenth of everything. First, the name Melchizedek means “king of righteousness”; then also, “king of Salem” means “king of peace.”

3 Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God, he remains a priest forever.

4 Just think how great he was: Even the patriarch Abraham gave him a tenth of the plunder!

Melchizedek is introduced in this text and his royal and religious role is defined, all in the bid to make one statement - that he resembled the Son of God; his office was in the order of Jesus. Now, another point that the writer is trying to make here is to show how great this man must have been. He was king, priest, he blessed Abraham and then Abraham gave a tenth to him - he really must have been a great man!

5 Now the law requires the descendants of Levi who become priests to collect a tenth from the people—that is, from their fellow Israelites—even though they also are descended from Abraham.

6 This man, however, did not trace his descent from Levi, yet he collected a tenth from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises.

7 And without doubt the lesser is blessed by the greater.

Again making the point that this man Melchizedek was a great man but in the light of another revelation; his ministry is compared to that of the Levites - the Levites collected tithes and he is also seen here collecting tithes.

8 In the one case, the tenth is collected by people who die; but in the other case, by him who is declared to be living.

9 One might even say that Levi, who collects the tenth, paid the tenth through Abraham,

10 because when Melchizedek met Abraham, Levi was still in the body of his ancestor.

Now while Levi collected tithes, and this man collected tithes; Levi paid a tithe to this man, through his father Abraham. So this man, Melchi and Levi cannot be on the same level. Melchizedek has to be spirituallly greater than Levi to have collected a tithe from him. Now, those of us who are not Jews cannot appreciate this statement but the Hebrews does. Like in the days of Jesus, the High Priest desending from Levi, was the highest spiritual authority in the land. If anyone could show from scripture, like the writer of Hebrew is doing, that there is a higher spiritual authority, which authority is likened to that of Jesus, then they could appreciate this man Jesus. Do not forget that the Jews did not accept our Lord's ministry and in a bid to win them to Christ, the writer here has to use an anology that they could understand - Melchizedek.

There is no way one can read these texts, without a tithe prejudiced mind, and not see this. There is nothing in that text that says or can be implied to say that "Melchizedek priesthood is in the order of Christ's and so since Abraham paid tithes to Melchizedek, Christians or even the Hebrews, must now pay tithes to Melchizedek or to Jesus". The truth of the matter is that NT worship is worship in the spirit. Union with Christ. The merit of our actions is found in the merit of Christ's action. If Jesus was in the loins of Abraham as a bonafide son of Judah, then Jesus paid the tithes in Abraham and he has effectively paid the tithes for us all. That is the doctrine of the NT, that everything concerning the laws of Moses and any other demand from God be it Circumcision, Sabbath, Firstfruits, Tithing, Sin offerings, etc, have been carried out by Jesus on our behalf. When we believe in Him, we identify with His righteousness and it is imputed on us. We are not under any obligation to keep these rules and regulations. All that is left of us is to follow the Spirit that commands us to walk in love. Love is giving and in this case free will giving as God established in Exodus 25 and as Paul confirmed in 2 Corinthians 9:7

11 If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood—and indeed the law given to the people established that priesthood—why was there still need for another priest to come, one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron?

12 For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.

This is the conclusion of the matter: Perfection has come through Jesus and we need not submit to any other order of priesthood. In Jesus every child of God is a priest. Priest were not known to pay or give tithes, both pre and during the law, and it is not going to happen after the law.

Now let me warn you before I let this matter rest because I see you Gombs as a scorner and one who loves to play to the gallery: desist from this ministry because it is a ministry of death and it earns God's wrath. Like I told Bidam in another thread (and this is not a curse or threat, I don't engage in all that kind of witchcraft) God Himself ended the levithical priesthood.

Hebrews was written in about 64AD. 70 AD the Romans got tired of the intransigence of the Jews and sent Titus to destroy Jerusalem. Just as Jesus prophesied in Luke 19 and Matthew 24, Jerusalem was ransacked and destroyed. The Jews were displaced into the nations and there was no nation called Israel on earth until 1948. By the time the Jews returned to their land, while some could trace their lineage to other tribes, no one could trace his lineage to the tribe of Levi. What that implies is that no one could act as a High Priest talk less as a levite, etc. Thier complete lineage was destroyed. It makes sense bc there cannot be two high priests in the land: Jesus and another. Now, with priest and levites gone, there was no one to pay a tithe to. Check it anywhere: Jews do not pay tithe today!

It is then fool hardy to find those who should know better, collecting ten percent of people's salary in the name of collecting tithes. What God Himself destroyed and ensured that the laws are changed, some are trying to restore. Do you see why you are on a collision course with something greater than yourself?

I rest my case. The Yorubas have a proverb: "You only tell half truth to a sensible person; when it gets into him, it becomes whole". A word is enough for the wise.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Gombs(m): 1:15pm On Nov 15, 2013
DrummaBoy: @ Gombs

Hebrew 7:8 from a number of translations:

By looking at the verse 8 from other versions of the scripture, we see that the issue you wanted to make out of the matter of PLURAILITY is a non issue at all.

hope u know that the pronoun THEM is a third person plural? the bible did not not say IT which is a third person singular pronoun, but THEM....are you saying the amplified got a wrong translation of that verse? shocked

DrummaBoy:
It all depends on the version you are using; the plurality disappears in the more original and authentic KJV, along with the NIV.

so the amplified is not 'original' and 'authentic' ? hmmm... but the kjv used the word THEM not IT...it is important u notice the tenses used in the bible.

DrummaBoy:
But let us even allow that that word was translated as plural. Do you realize that Melchizedek as King and Priest could not have collected tithes from Abraham alone.

abraham started tithing...he did that in Faith... if folks did offering in faith, why not tithing? and hey!...abraham was a patriach

DrummaBoy:
In his royal and religious capacity

what religion?

DrummaBoy: he would have collected tithes from other people too

which people? religious folks? what religion? grin

DrummaBoy: whether they were giving the tithes on religious or customary bases. Also, that text makes it clear that when Abraham gave his tithes, he was not the only one giving the tithe, his descendants that included Levi, Aaron and even Jesus (from the tribe of Judah) was giving a tithe - thus the need to put that tithes in the plural.

did levi, aaron and all physically gave tithes to Melchizedek? now u are getting my point, that is what i said, that it is in continuity because folks gave tithe through the patriarch abraham, to melchizedek. you see? that is why it is in plurality,
heb 7v9-10 amp
9A person might even say that Levi [the father of the priestly tribe] himself, who received tithes (the tenth), paid tithes through Abraham,
10 For he was still in the loins of his forefather [Abraham] when Melchizedek met him [Abraham].

...that is why the priesthood of levi was revoked so that folks under the better order of melchizedek can offer the sacrifices (give offerings) themselves in righteousness (Mal 3)

DrummaBoy:
So my friend you have not brought out anything new by showing us that something was written in the plural. To suggest that because verse 8 read:"...while there [in the case of Melchizedek], they are received by one of whom it is testified that he lives [perpetually]" , then Jesus who is of the Order of Melchizedek is now collecting tithes from Christians is to be saying something that that text never said - except, of course, on TBN. What does that text say?

you dont have to lie on what i didnt say na, i said we pay tithe to the priesthood of the order of Melchizedek. quote me where i said Jesus is collecting tithes.

DrummaBoy:
Melchizedek is introduced in this text and his royal and religious role is defined, all in the bid to make one statement - that he resembled the Son of God; his office was in the order of Jesus.

wrong... Jesus was of Melchizedek's order...get the difference

heb 7v 11
11 Now if perfection (a perfect fellowship between God and the worshiper) had been attainable by the Levitical priesthood—for under it the people were given the Law—why was it further necessary that there should arise another and different kind of Priest, [size=16pt]one after the order of Melchizedek[/size], rather than one appointed after the order and rank of Aaron?

DrummaBoy: Now, another point that the writer is trying to make here is to show how great this man must have been. He was king, priest, he blessed Abraham and then Abraham gave a tenth to him - he really must have been a great man!
he was a priest of most high God, he was king of righteousness and king of peace...titles familiar huh?

DrummaBoy:
Again making the point that this man Melchizedek was a great man but in the light of another revelation; his ministry is compared to that of the Levites - the Levites collected tithes and he is also seen here collecting tithes.
did any levite priest bring up a significant bread and wine at any time? did they live forever? dont they have parents?.

DrummaBoy:
Now while Levi collected tithes, and this man collected tithes; Levi paid a tithe to this man, through his father Abraham. So this man, Melchi and Levi cannot be on the same level. Melchizedek has to be spirituallly greater than Levi to have collected a tithe from him. Now, those of us who are not Jews cannot appreciate this statement but the Hebrews does. Like in the days of Jesus, the High Priest desending from Levi, was the highest spiritual authority in the land. If anyone could show from scripture, like the writer of Hebrew is doing, that there is a higher spiritual authority, which authority is likened to that of Jesus, then they could appreciate this man Jesus. Do not forget that the Jews did not accept our Lord's ministry and in a bid to win the them to Christ, the writer here has to use an anology that they could understand - Melchizedek.

There is no way one can read these texts, without a tithe prejudiced mind, and not see this. There is nothing in that text that says or can be implied to say that "Melchizedek priesthood is in the order of Christ's and so since Abraham paid tithes to Melchizedek, Christians or even the Hebrews, must now pay tithes to Melchizedek or to Jesus". The truth of the matter is that NT worship is worship in the spirit. Union with Christ. The merit of our actions is found in the merit of Christ's action. If Jesus was in the loins of Abraham as a bonafide son of Judah, then Jesus paid the tithes in Abraham and he has effectively paid the tithes for us all. That is the doctrine of the NT, that everything concerning the laws of Moses and any other demand from God be it Circumcision, Sabbath, Firstfruits, Tithing, Sin offerings, etc, have been carried out by Jesus on our behalf. When we believe in Him, we identify with His righteousness and it is imputed on us. We are not under any obligation to keep these rules and regulations. All that is left of us is to follow the Spirit that commands us to walk in love. Love is giving and in this case free will giving as God established in Exodus 25 and as Paul confirmed in 2 Corinthians 9:7

did Jesus condemn or recommend tithing?

DrummaBoy:
This is the conclusion of the matter: Perfection has come through Jesus and we need not submit to any other order of priesthood.
wrong, Jesus is our high priest, under the order of Melchizedek... now u are a royal priesthood, under what order?

DrummaBoy:
In Jesus every child of God is a priest. Priest were not known to pay or give both pre and during the law and it is not going to happen after the law.

grin

DrummaBoy:
Now let me warn you before I let this matter rest because I see you Gombs as a scorner and one who loves to play to the gallery: desist from this ministry because it is a ministry of death and it earns God's wrath. Like I told Bidam in another thread (and this is not a curse or threat, I don't engage in all that kind of witchcraft) God Himself ended the levithical priesthood.

grin u shd consider a career in comedy
yeah, God ended the levitical priesthood, he set up another from a tribe of Judah, which u and i belong to, and that order receives tithes forever

DrummaBoy:
Hebrews was written in about 64AD. 70 AD the Romans got tired of the intransigence of the Jews and sent Titus to destroy Jerusalem. Just as Jesus prophesied in Luke 19 and Matthew 24, Jerusalem was ransacked and destroyed. The Jews were displaced into the nation and there was no nation called Israel on earth until 1948. By the time the Jews returned to their land, while some could trace their lineage to other tribes, no one could trace his lineage to the tribe of Levi. What that implies is that no one could act as a High Priest talk less as a levite, etc. Thier complete lineage was destroyed. It makes sense bc there cannot be two high priests in the land: Jesus and another. Now, with priest and levites, there was no one to pay a tithe to. Check it anywhere: Jews do not pay tithe today!

save the history lecture for newbies

DrummaBoy:
[b] It is then fool hardy to find those who should know better, collecting ten percent of people's salary in the name of collecting tithes. [/b]What God Himself destroyed and ensured that the laws are changed, some are trying to restore. Do you see you are on a collision course with something greater than yourself?
grin grin

DrummaBoy:
I rest my case. The Yorubas have a proverb: "You only tell half truth to a sensible person; when it gets into him, it becomes whole". A word is enough for the wise.

Cheers.

your opinions are duly noted...like i said, i was never trying to convince you

cheers mate!

4 Likes

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by truthislight: 7:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
Joagbaje: Tithes and offerings are eternal principles . They existed before the levitical priest hood.
The kindom of God has many principles. Tithes , offering , alms giving ,fasting , prayer , worship etc. these principles had been there before the law or levitical priesthood.

Christians are not tithing just because the law say so. But rather because it's a principle . If you don't believe in tithing you should not believe in offerings also. Let's worship God with empty hand.

Where and which scriptures did you get this your "tithe is eternal princoples" doctrins from ?

Can you see that the necessary laws for christians are being repeated in the NT ?

Why is it that after you threathen people with Malachi 3 finished in your churches, you come here to lie about tithes being eternal principles ?

Is this your "tithe is eternal principles" not based on the christian manual ? Then, why preach it to christians ?

The NT said that in the former covanant, it was 'men that dies' that collect tithes, are you saying in the new covanant, men that dies still collects tithes ?
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by truthislight: 7:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
ajayikayod:

Tithes? Not according to d scripture Bro,

Animals sacrifices pre-date d law too, infact pre-date Abraham. Was performed by Abel, Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Prophets, was performed for Child Jesus.

If d reason u pay tithe is becos its eternal principle and pre-date d Law, why dont u offer animal sacrifices too? We kno God accepted dt too from many. Apostles never mentioned not to do it also.

Its better we thread cautiously not to be entangled again by dt which Christ has made us free.

Hehehehe. That ^, forget @Joedolar, he is all about the money not truth.

Anything money is all he wants.
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by truthislight: 7:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
Gombs:

What part of THE MAN DID ALL THINGS IN FAITH you didnt understand? hey, i am not here to convince you, im just here because of the viewers of this page...they can pick the truth for themselves.

not interested in discussing mal 2...

mal 3 fulfilled and revealed by Peter by the help of the Holyspirit

wrong...they are the new creation folks

God has laid down principles, faith is not what u use to get stuffs from God, it is what u use to please God..the only thing u could use. if you follow his laid down principle for something in faith, you will surely get that thing. for example, there are many ball games, if u want to prosper and be rich, u gotta find out what the bible said about financial prosperity. like i said there are many ball games, you cant use volleyball rules for football, nor can u use basketball rules for tennis... folllow his principle and you shall have what that principle says...if u want salvation, he has a principle on how u can get it...u have to follow that principle, else forget it

refer to my above posts

and for clarity sake, i dont intend to argue...i know you ae convinced on ur stand, and i am, i can never stop tithing, and you probably never will tithe..let us just leave it at that, and let the viewers of this page decide on which part the wanna thread.

and hey, tithing is not a weightier matter in Christianity..you guys make it look like it is all and all in tithing Churches

So, the christian way is all about the sacrifices in the OT abi ?

Smh for deceit.
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by truthislight: 10:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
Gombs:

I don't intend to argue....

Now drop that ^ deceitful tactics, if you "dont intend to argure" and defend your lies, then keep quite! else, answer questions !

What with the lies ? How can you post stuff and keep on saying that rut here ?

Is God's dealing with humans befor christ the same with God's dealings with humans after christ have came and died for us ?

What with Abel, Noah, Jacob etc to do with us leaving in the new convanant that brought us Gentiles into a reletionship with Yahweh ?
Are you nuts ?

Befor christ, God accepted those things, but after christ, he does not need such as a basis to relate with humans and bless them except christ ramsom sacrifice.

Why then do you pray in Jesus name and not you money ?

If your money and stuff was that important in getting God's attention, why did you not get it without christ blood ?

You most be nut for letting greed make you to come here and attempt to make the undeserved kindness of God to us seem of no significance.

Since christ blood cannot make a relationship possible for you with christ death, may your money make it possible for you hence forth, and christ blood secondary in your case, may you use your money to uptain God's blessing for the rest of your life since you came out to tell others that it is the only way to get a blessing from God, that should ever be your lot.

1 Like

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by truthislight: 10:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
Gombs: hello Goshen, i dont distribute the rest 90% because it is free willed...if i like i will, it is my choice to give it out, it was Abraham's choice to give his out, me i might decide to give mine out, simple thought

He met a man who did something significant (go study it too), bringing bread and wine for their nourishment, Why? the bible said because he was a priest and that the lesser is blessed of the greater, what then made Melchizedek greater?...and Abraham did something, in faith (because that man did all he did in faith) he gave a tenth, not 90%, not 50%, but 10%... question is,

why did the bible pluralize the tithe Abraham gave..

Hebrews 7

8 Furthermore, here [in the Levitical priesthood] tithes are received by men who are subject to death; while there [in the case of Melchizedek], [size=16pt]they are received[/size] by one of whom it is testified that he lives [perpetually].

since Abraham was the only one who physically tithed to Melchizedek, why didnt the bible use IT WAS?
let me give you a clue
Heb 7

12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is of necessity an alteration of the law [concerning the priesthood] as well.

it is pluralized because from above verse, there was a change in the law that said only Levites could be priests. Jesus is a priest from Judah (confirming the change in the law that said ONLY levites could be priests), and Jesus is of the same order of priesthood as Melchizedek who received tithes, meaning ALL who are Christ's, those same folks are Abraham's offspring AND spiritual heirs according to what? according to the promise (Gal 3v29), when they pay their tithes, it goes to that order of priesthood Abraham tithed to, which is forever. that is why tithes and offerings are eternal principle. that is why Abraham's tithing was pluralized

now, i didnt write the above to convince you, i wrote it for viewers of this page. u will probably never pay tithes, and i will never stop tithing, so let us leave it at that, and let those who need to learn to learn. to choose what road they wanna thread.

thanks.

Enough with those ^ lies.

Verse 8 says : "there (livites) men that dies" received tithes, but here, the person lives (does not die).

Are you then telling us that men that dies still receives tithes today ? Impossible !

It is unless you are a criminal for you not to see that impossibility, that men that dies cannot receive tithes again, man that dies only receives tithes in liviticle priest hood.

If you dont understand, it will be good to ask, you are not interested in the truth, but to deceive and cheat in the Name of God.

I pitty for your life.
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by truthislight: 10:39pm On Nov 15, 2013
Gombs:

3. Mal 3 was written not to the levitical priests or Mosaic tithe laws, why?
Because it was written for a time to come,
it talks of a later time or a messenger and messiah to come. It was written to scoffers who made fun about the coming of the messiah. Malachi was told to Look, to SEE with his Spirit eye...God said to him "Behold"

Now i know you must be on Jamaican vegetable.

Can you please tell me why there was a need for the messenger of the convanat if Malachi was not writen for the levitical priest hood ?

Smh.

See lies that a pastor is capable of telling!

The truth is that Levitical priest failed in their responsibilities, hence, the message to them, that a priest that will do the work properly and better will be sent.

Am really sick and vexed for the lies am reading here angry
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by truthislight: 11:00pm On Nov 15, 2013
Gombs:

But there is offerings by faith, yet no tithing by faith...you dey try o

Pls show me any place in the NT bible or OT bible where ANYBODY condemned tithing...don't worry I can wait for your answer.

Even when Heb 7 shows you Abraham's tithing to melchizedek in plurality...question is how many folks physically tithed to Melchizedek in the bible?

And you are here saying there is nothing as tithing by faith...who are the other ones that made Abraham's tithing plural?

grin grin

grin grin grin
Keep thinking..Hezekiah had a latter day innovation Moses and Aaron couldn't think of

See comedy

grin grin

What about Cain and Abel? Who taught them about offering?

What about Abraham, God asked for the son he Abraham loved

What about Noah, God asked him to take clean animals in sevens, male and female and unclean in pair (two only) male and female...you think God didn't knw noah who He(God) described as a perfect and just man would wanna offer him a CLEAN animal?

What about Jacob, etc

These men had faith! They knew what they should do. Abel for instant, who thought him to offer the best?

Abraham's tithe...was it farm produce?

Why then don't you free willingly give your tithes? If it were to be free willed, why then did he say they rob him? It must have BEEN a MUST for God to say folks rob him of it, by not bringing it, no?

You see how you shoot yourself in the foot?

When folks ministered to Jesus with their substance after he taught and healed,

1. Is that not an offering? abi na collection? grin ok, what was the purpose those folks gave JESUS their substances (money, food, perfume,yam, gucci shoes, ray ban glasses etc)?
2. Were the monies given to any suffering folks in any place?(now i am not saying it is wrong to give to the poor) I thought Jesus had a treasurer who kept the monies n all?

what has the way of men befor christ coming have to do with us Gentiles and the way Yahweh relates with us ?

Are you saying that our African forefathers did not make all kinds of sacrifices and give gifts ?

Why did they not attract Yahweh since giving of gifts is so important to getting Yahwehs fevours ?

You are drunk!
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by BARRISTERS: 12:34am On Nov 17, 2013
@Gombs]

I ASK YOU A SIMPLE QUESTION, YOU DODGE IT, THATS BAD!

I ASK YOU THAT,

WHAT IS THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDECK PRIESTHOOD THAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT HERE, EXPLAIN HOW THAT ORDER IS DIFFERENT FROM LIKENESS/SIMILARITY IN FUNCTIONS OF OFFICE THAT BOTH JESUS AND MELCHIZEDECK HAD IN COMMON;

JESUS IS BOTH OUR HIGH PRIEST AND KING
MELCHIZEDECK TOO IS BOTH PRIEST AND KING

.....YOU(JESUS) ARE A PRIEST IN THE ORDER/SIMILAR TO MELCHIZEDECK....

APART FROM THIS SIMILARITY THAT I PUT UP THERE, TELL US WHAT ORDER YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WHICH IS A DIFFERENT ONE

Gombs Oga, Jesus' death was a sacrifice for redemption...for remission of sin.

The priest of old offered bulls n all for atonement of sins, get the diff., that's what that verse is saying.
Stop reading the bible up side down.

MR GOMBS, BEFORE YOU OFFER SOMETHING YOU MUST HAVE RECEIVED IT, TELL US WAYS THAT PRIEST RECEIVE OFFERINGS, YOU WILL AGREE THAT THE OLD PRIESTS NEED ANIMALS, FOODSTUFFS ETC FOR OFFERINGS BUT HEBREW 7 :27 SAYS THAT (JESUS)........... "who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices".......
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by guiddoti: 1:29am On Nov 17, 2013
cry grin wink no heresis
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by guiddoti: 1:36am On Nov 17, 2013
I'm beginning to be addicted to NL. It's interesting all the day.
The Issues of tithing and offering should be taken seriously, for it's an ordiance from God to everyone. Now, bible said: "bring you tithes into my store that there may be meat in my house..." This indicates that the house of God should not lack resources. And, if you critically examined how bible used those words, you discovered that the people are farmers. All levit have no inheritance, they are priest to all other tribes. In our present day churches, pastors are refered to levit. They minister on the altar of God. So, tithes are proportionally used for the well-being of the house of God. The maintenance of every activities of the church, including the pastor's family well being, are considered. The whole sum is not for the pastor's consumption.
On the other hand, offering is free-will you offer in appreciation to God and man. It's offering that you give with simplicity, not with grudges. When you go into the house of God, do not go with empty hands. God loves a cheerful giver.
I will some-what tell us that Melchizedek is a priest of the most High. Jesus is the Son of God,which we can also be called son of the most High. You cant refer Jesus as a priest though he has the qualities of a priesthood. Bible calls him many names, but never option him as a priest.

1 Like

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Goshen360(m): 1:42am On Nov 17, 2013
guiddoti: I'm beginning to be addicted to NL. It's getting interested all the day.
The Issues of tithing and offering should be taken serious, for it's an ordiance from God to everyone. Now, bible said: "bring you tithes into my store that there may be meat in my house..." This indicates that the house of God should not lack resources. And, if you critically examined how bible used those words, you discovered that the people are farmers. All levit have no inheritance, they are priest to all other tribes. In our present day churches, pastors are refered to levit. They minister on the altar of God. So, tithes are proportionally used for the well-being of the house of God. The maintenance of every activities of the church, including the pastor's family well being, are considered. The whole sum is not for the pastor's consumption.
On the other hand, offering is free-will you offer in appreciation to God and man. It's offering that you give with simplicity, not with grudges. When you go into the house of God, do not go with empty hands. God loves a cheerful giver.

This is where you need to do more study and learn the truth. The equivalent to levites are the unpaid ushers, Sunday school teachers, choirs\choristers, traffic controllers etc etc. The pastors will be equivalent to the Aaron the (high) priest. Tithing had been abolished with the law, you cannot say we are not under the law but single out only tithe that it continues in the dispensation of Grace; that will be wrongly dividing the word of truth.
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by guiddoti: 2:12am On Nov 17, 2013
Goshen360:

This is where you need to do more study and learn the truth. The equivalent to levites are the unpaid ushers, Sunday school teachers, choirs\choristers, traffic controllers etc etc. The pastors will be equivalent to the Aaron the (high) priest. Tithing had been abolished with the law, you cannot say we are not under the law but single out only tithe that it continues in the dispensation of Grace; that will be wrongly dividing the word of truth.
Are the ushers, sunday school teachers and many more, full time employee of the church? If no. They have no portion. They can only be given portion, as to support them, if they are financially down or as a worker in need
I'ii have you study the epistle of paul's. The law of tithing was never abolished. If you have not being paying it, I beg you start. Also read the book of malachi chapter 3 to the end.

1 Like

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Goshen360(m): 2:33am On Nov 17, 2013
guiddoti: Are the ushers, sunday school teachers and many more, full time employee of the church? If no. They have no portion. They can only be given portion, as to support them, if they are financially down or as a worker in need
I'ii have you study the epistle of paul's. The law of tithing was never abolished. If you have not being paying it, I beg you start. Also read the book of malachi chapter 3 to the end.

1. Pastors too are full time and some are not BUT have other source of income, doesn't that mean they already have source of income as an inheritance? They should not collect tithe if they have other source of income, the ones who are full time with no source of income should go get one, there's nothing like full time pastor in the new testament. If you found any apostle in full time, show it from scriptures.

2. Tithing had been abolished in the new testament. I'm working on an article to that effect. You have to know what it is in order to know it is abolished. It is an ORDINANCE, A COMMANDMENT and so, it the law of ordinance is disannulled, or the commandment abolished, the question will be, does it include tithe or not?

3. Malachi wasn't written to Christians. The storehouse is not the church neither is devourer devil, devourer is nothing but ant eating insects that devours the farm plants and crops for better harvest. God was dealing with only Jews in Malachi, not the church. Besides, Christ had redeemed from the curses of the law and being made a curse for us.
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Gombs(m): 7:30am On Nov 17, 2013
guiddoti: Are the ushers, sunday school teachers and many more, full time employee of the church? If no. They have no portion. They can only be given portion, as to support them, if they are financially down or as a worker in need

Hello sir, you must be new here! Thank you for your conviction on tithing. However, never be swayed by any doctrine that discourages a form of giving to God. Never subscribe to it. Why? Because the Devil WILL NEVER tempt you to give in the House of God.

As regards trying to convince anybody who disagrees with tithing, you would just end up wasting your time.

What Goshen is telling you has been treated in over 1000pages of NL tithe threads. What Barrister and truthslight is asking me has been answered on this thread. All they do is recycle their post and questions.
That's why I leave viewers to decide on what road they wanna thread

For example, I've told him Jesus and his disciples left their Jobs and was in full time ministry...I asked him, whr did the monies that was in Judas' bag come from?
And he just said their was nothing like full time pastor in the New testament. I hope he could tell me what trade Peter and John had after following Jesus.

The good part of it all though is, they always find a way of shooting themselves in the foot grin
There is always inconsistency with them. For example, Goshen here said Melchizek was born of a woman and man, just that the bible did not record it! He also said the man was/is long dead and never resurected totally against what the bible said that Melchizedek has no beginning of day nor end of life.

www.nairaland.com/1456343/tithes-offerings-eternal-principles/22

But years back, same Goshen said Melchizedek had NO genealogical
Line and he is a priest forever.

www.nairaland.com/903159/really-melchizedek
(Hope he doesn't go and edit the post grin I don screen grab am sha grin)

In this thread, Drummerboy said Melchizedek had a 'religious capacity' , I asked him what religion? He also said Melchizedek is from the Order of Jesus!

Another folk here said Melchizedek was a king and was entitled to a tax, a tax which Abraham paid as tithe

Goshen also said Mal 3 was not for Christians even after it has been explained that the new creation folks were the refined priests Mal 3 was talking about. And how mal 3 talked about things of today!

I could go on and on and name the rest folks...

Why are they always inconsistent? Because, Jesus said whatsoever that is not planted by my father shall be uprooted! They can't keep consistency on what they say because it is not founded on the Word of God which is same yesterday, today and forever!
Ok, let's just say they made mistakes as in they didn't study well! grin (imagine)
They sadly fulfill this scripture

Romans 1 Amp

22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].

I could go on and on. But, all I wanna say is, hold fast to what you believe in, hundreds of million of people who tithe are not dumb or less studious of the bible or too stoopid to think that tithing is abolished.

if you wanna argue with them, as you are new here, be careful, or to stay on the safe side, ignore them and watch them from afar. they will lay a snare for you, and when you fall, they will use it against your stand.

And nearly all anti tithers have something in common ...they might later on insult you and all they can lay hands on as the thread goes on. Its a prophecy from me! grin

Anyways! Have a happy sunday. And remain blessed.

4 Likes

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Goshen360(m): 8:00am On Nov 17, 2013
^ You will hear from me soonest with the lies you put up there.
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by BARRISTERS: 10:45am On Nov 17, 2013
Gombs:

Hello sir, you must be new here! Thank you for your conviction on tithing. However, never be swayed by any doctrine that discourages a form of giving to God. Never subscribe to it. Why? Because the Devil WILL NEVER tempt you to give in the House of God.

As regards trying to convince anybody who disagrees with tithing, you would just end up wasting your time.

What Goshen is telling you has been treated in over 1000pages of NL tithe threads. What Barrister and truthslight is asking me has been answered on this thread. All they do is recycle their post and questions.

For example, I've told him Jesus and his disciples left their Jobs and was in full time ministry...I asked him, whr did the monies that was in Judas' bag come from?
And he just said their was nothing like full time pastor in the New testament. I hope he could tell me what trade Peter and John had after following Jesus.

The good part of it all though is, they always find a way of shooting themselves in the foot grin
There is always inconsistency with them. For example, Goshen here said Melchizek was born of a woman and man, just that the bible did not record it! He also said the man was/is long dead and never resurected totally against what the bible said that Melchizedek has no beginning of day nor end of life.

In this thread, Drummerboy said Melchizedek had a 'religious capacity' , I asked him what religion? He also said Melchizedek is from the Order of Jesus!

Another folk here said Melchizedek was a king and was entitled to a tax, a tax which Abraham paid as tithe

Goshen also said Mal 3 was not for Christians even after it has been explained that the new creation folks were the refined priests Mal 3 was talking about. And how mal 3 talked about things of today!

Why are they always inconsistent? Because, Jesus said whatsoever that is not planted by my father shall be uprooted! They can't keep consistency on what they say because it is not founded on the Word of God which is same yesterday, today and forever!
Ok, let's just say they made mistakes as in they didn't study well! grin (imagine)

Romans 1 Amp

22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].

I could go on and on. But, all I wanna say is, hold fast to what you believe in, hundreds of million of people who tithe are not dumb or less studious of the bible or too stoopid to think that tithing is abolished.

if you wanna argue with them, as you are new here, be careful, or to stay on the safe side, ignore them and watch them from afar. they will lay a snare for you, and when you fall, they will use it against your stand.

And nearly all anti tithers have something in common ...they might later on insult you and all they can lay hands on as the thread goes on. Its a prophecy from me! grin

Anyways! Have a happy sunday. And remain blessed

SIMPLE QUESTION I ASK FROM YOU YOU RAN AWAY! YOUR LONG POST ARE EMPTY AS YOU JUMP FROM ONE THING TO ANOTHER WITHOUT DEFINING THEM,

YOU SAID THAT YOU ARE THE NEW LEVI, ARE YOU A JEW?

1, HOW DO YOU BECOME A REFINED JEWISH PRIEST OF MALACHI 3? YOU CANT ANSWER THAT

2, WHAT IS THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDECK? YOU CANT ANSWER

3, BEFORE YOU OFFER SOMETHING YOU MUST HAVE RECEIVED IT, TELL US WAYS THAT PRIEST RECEIVE OFFERINGS, YOU WILL AGREE THAT THE OLD PRIESTS NEED ANIMALS, FOODSTUFFS ETC FOR OFFERINGS BUT HEBREW 7 :27 SAYS THAT (JESUS)........... "who does not need daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifices".......

IF YOU ARE NOT HERE TO ARGUE CONSTRUCTIVELY BUT TRYING TO FORCE OPINION ON SOMEONE IN THIS AGE?

WHAT IS LEVITICAL TITHE? A TENTH PART OR TENTH PORTION OF INCREASE IN GOODS OR NUMBER 10TH OF ANIMALS THAT CAN PASS UNDER THE ROD, WHICH MEANS IF YOU DONT HAVE INCREASE IN YOUR FARM PRODUCE, OR IF YOU HAVE 9 ANIMALS YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PAY LEVITICAL TITHE

WHAT IS ABRAHAM'S TRIBUTE, TO MELCHIZEDECK? THE FACT THAT A TENTH PORTION OF GOODS/SPOILS WHICH IS NOT ON INCREASE OR FOLLOW THE RULE OF ANIMALS PASSING UNDER THE ROD, BUT TENTH PORTION OF ALL THE SPOILS WAS GIVEN TO KING MELCHIZEDECK WHICH AS A KING HE IS ENTITLED

JESUS RECOGNISE PAYING TRIBUTES/TAX TO THE KING AS AN OBLIGATION, HE REQUESTED FOR A DENARII COIN TEN ASSES, JESUS PAID TAX USING A DENARIUS

19 Show Me the tax money.”

So they brought Him a denarius...A denarius (plural denarii) is an ancient Roman coin made of silver. It was originally equal to 10 asses, hence its name.

20 And He said to them, “Whose image and inscription is this?”

21 They said to Him, “Caesar’s.”

And He said to them, “Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.”

I THINK THE PROBLEM IS THAT SOME LIKE GOMBS DONT EVEN KNOW THE MEANING AND DEFINATION OF TITHE, IF NOT KINGS RECEIVE TENTH PART FROM EVERY ONE INCLUDING PAGANS

MELCHIZEDECH IS A KING FIRST, AND A PRIEST. SO ENTITLED TO TAX/TRIBUTES OF THE SPOILS FROM ABRAHAM. SIMPLE
Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Gombs(m): 11:01am On Nov 17, 2013
BARRISTERS:

SIMPLE QUESTION I ASK FROM YOU YOU RAN AWAY! YOUR LONG POST ARE EMPTY AS YOU JUMP FROM ONE THING TO ANOTHER WITHOUT DEFINING THEM,

YOU SAID THAT YOU ARE THE NEW LEVI, ARE YOU A JEW?

If you refine crude oil, will you get a new crude oil?
The way you reason makes me laugh o!

1, [s] HOW COME YOU ARE NOW A REFINED JEWISH PRIEST OF MALACHI 3?

YOU WE ARE HERE TO LEARN, I DONT KNOW OTHERS ON THE THREAD WHO ALSO HAVE POSTED THEIR VIEWS,

2, WHAT IS THE ORDER OF MELCHIZEDECK?

IF YOU ARE NOT HERE TO ARGUE CONSTRUCTIVELY BUT TRYING TO FORCE OPINION ON SOMEONE IN THIS AGE?

WHAT IS LEVITICAL TITHE? A TENTH PART OR TENTH PORTION OF INCREASE IN GOODS OR NUMBER 10TH OF ANIMALS THAT CAN PASS UNDER THE ROD, WHICH MEANS IF YOU DONT HAVE INCREASE IN YOUR FARM PRODUCE, OR IF YOU HAVE 9 ANIMALS YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO PAY LEVITICAL TITHE

WHAT IS ABRAHAM'S TRIBUTE, TO MELCHIZEDECK? THE FACT THAT A TENTH PORTION OF GOODS/SPOILS WHICH IS NOT ON INCREASE OR FOLLOW THE RULE OF ANIMALS PASSING UNDER THE ROD, BUT TENTH PORTION OF ALL THE SPOILS WAS GIVEN TO KING MELCHIZEDECK WHICH AS A KING HE IS ENTITLED

JESUS RECOGNISE PAYING TRIBUTES/TAX TO THE KING AS AN OBLIGATION, HE REQUESTED FOR A DENARII COIN TEN ASSES, JESUS PAID TAX USING A DENARIUS

19 Show Me the tax money.”

So they brought Him a denarius...A denarius (plural denarii) is an ancient Roman coin made of silver. It was originally equal to 10 asses, hence its name.

20 And He said to them, “Whose image and inscription is this?”

21 They said to Him, “Caesar’s.”

And He said to them, “Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.”

I THINK THE PROBLEM IS THAT SOME LIKE GOMBS DONT EVEN KNOW THE MEANING AND DEFINATION OF TITHE, IF NOT KINGS RECEIVE TENTH PART FROM EVERY ONE INCLUDING PAGANS

MELCHIZEDECH IS A KING FIRST, AND A PRIEST. SO ENTITLED TO TAX/TRIBUTES OF THE SPOILS FROM ABRAHAM. SIMPLE
[/s]

grin cheesy

I laugh because you use a tithe rule that came 400years after Abraham has left the earth to jugde his tithe deed to Melchizedek....u dey try o!
Jesus paid tax, because that was the law of the day, then, they were under Roman rule.

I asked you, why didn't Abraham pay tax to King of Sodom? Abi that king no follow for authentic Kings?

3 Likes

Re: (law) Levites Have Commandment To Receive Tithe, Pastors Tday Were Not Commanded by Kenny4lyfe(m): 11:43am On Nov 17, 2013
Gombs:

Romans 1 Amp

Anyways! Have a happy sunday. And remain blessed.

1000000000000000000000000000000000 likes grin
Oh brother, you've indeed studied and has shown yourself aproofed; a young man that needeth not be ashamed, RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH! grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Tips For Talking About Jesus / Pope Claims Angels Greeting Mary As Being Full Of Grace Meant She Is Without Sin / Christians: Would You Prefer A Muslim Or A White Garment Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 243
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.