Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,564 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? (11329 Views)

Can Any One Beat This Speedometer ? / Help !!! Speedometer Reader/needle Not Moving When I Am Moving / Help!!! Odometer and Speedometer Stop Working (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by caesaraba(m): 5:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
I check frequently, then go easy on the gas when I hit 80.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by padeolu: 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
Once in a while...though, mostly when I notice the car's movement(speed) doesn't correspond with the pressure exacted on the gas pedal
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Egbagirl(f): 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2013
Fhemmmy: Almost every minute to make sure i am not caught by Olopa

I know right? Gotta make sure you are within speed limit before you hear the sirens blaring behind you. It's annoying though.

On the highway, the best thing to do is cruise and that way you don't have to worry about the popo unless of course you decide to still go above the limit and keep looking out for the police as if you are a fugitive grin
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by JABB(m): 5:40pm On Nov 13, 2013
I mostly wine down my glass(moto wen A/C no dey) then the sound of the breeze surely tells me my speed limit. grin
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by constance500: 5:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
costandi: Pls if you don't have a car, please don't comment. Abeg!!!

idiot... Cum hold mah hand na..
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by begwong: 5:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
(h) The speedometer of the car I drive
does not work.

#trueconfession#
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Youngsage: 5:57pm On Nov 13, 2013
Only when the road is very free, so as to know if i'm going above 60-80mph
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by elektra80: 6:00pm On Nov 13, 2013
anselm791: I'm not a fan of speed, speed kills. Lol. I only check my fuel gauge, screw the rest.

yea screw the rest including ur temperature gauge. No wonder many cars break down on the road due to overheating.

1 Like

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2013
If you've been driving for a length of time then you should be able to reasonably estimate your speed.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by imperiouxx(m): 6:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
I don't check it until I notice I'm moving at the speed of light kiss
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by ritux: 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
When on the highway/freeway, I only look at the speedometer whenever I don't feel comfortable with my speed.

When driving in the town, I don't bother to look at it because my speed is a factor of how busy the road is.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Oluwolex2000(m): 6:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
AS OFTEN AS POSIBLE
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by yousee(m): 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
imperiouxx: I don't check it until I notice I'm moving at the speed of light kiss
And when you do, what does it show? 80kM/hr? grin

*i don't check mine frequently, except on the freeway, sometimes the road could tempt one to overspeed, abj-kad express for instance.

I'm more concerned with my rpm and fuel level
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Fhemmmy: 6:55pm On Nov 13, 2013
Egba girl:

I know right? Gotta make sure you are within speed limit before you hear the sirens blaring behind you. It's annoying though.

On the highway, the best thing to do is cruise and that way you don't have to worry about the popo unless of course you decide to still go above the limit and keep looking out for the police as if you are a fugitive grin

I try to at least make sure i dont go over 10 Km of the limit.
I cant afford to do cruise oh, else, i will fall asleep . . . .
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
whenever I sight d police, especially dos motorcycle police. Dem bad gan, dem don't play with tickets grin
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Fhemmmy: 7:04pm On Nov 13, 2013
ighoosagie: whenever I sight d police, especially dos motorcycle police. Dem bad gan, dem don't play with tickets grin

Ticket is no wahala, na demerit points i hate
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Ticket is no wahala, na demerit points i hate
some my guys can't drive till 3yrs time, too many demerits frm DUI

BUZZ DRIVING IS BAD grin
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Fhemmmy: 7:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
ighoosagie: some my guys can't drive till 3yrs time, too many demerits frm DUI
BUZZ DRIVING IS BAD grin

DUI is not as bad as for unpaid tix oh
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by dimexilux(m): 7:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
my bicycle no get speedometer grin
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Anthony0094(m): 7:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
I check mine when am about 2 hit the car in front
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by tuktuij: 7:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
@Lilimax gurl u ve never gone beyond 80 wow ! Always have my eyes on my speedo meter anytime am hitting 100 and above i slow it down to 80 /90.

1 Like

Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by hardbody: 7:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ace Ventura:

@ Vivacious vivi, your car is a honda product (honda city or civic) & the beeping is a safety feature. Very annoying sound but it works.

My 2013 pajero beeps same way but I usually ignore it until the needle starts crossing 160km/h. Essentially speed doesn't kill recklessness does. I speed when I have to especially when powering home on third mainland bridge at past 10 pm or when I hit the Edo stretch of the road enroute villa and all the way through Benin -Asaba expressway, go past Onitsha and all the way to owerri. December 23 is by the corner when I will stretch that machine to the east for Xmas. I might hit 200 km/h this time. I do 180 regularly on my avensis, the center of gravity is more friendly.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
I keep my eyes on the instrument cluster all the time, including my mirrors. My speed limit depends on the type of car I am driving and also the condition of the road. If I am driving my camry on a good road that I am familiar with, I hit 140km/h mostly. If I am going to work in the morning, the way to where I work is very lonely and dangerous, so sometimes if a suspicious car is at my tail in that bush, then I give it to him by going beyond 140 just to shake him off my tail, but I hardly go beyond 140 with the camry. I normally hit 160 before cooling it down in the Benz C class that belongs to my mom. The car drives well, and at 160 it always feel like I shud add more but I rarely take the bait.
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by ogtavia(m): 8:00pm On Nov 13, 2013
I always keep my eyes on d road and only glance at my speedometer when i am goin fast jst to check au fast i am goin,most tyms by default,wen i am in certain designated areas i dont go fast,at least nt more than btwn 30-50,but wen i am on d highway and d road is free and i am nt in hurry due to an urgent need,i check to see au fast i am goin,but wen i am in a hurry,driving alone esp on d highway,where traffic is heavy or i am trying to beat traffic.,i go fast witout checking my speedometer..very interesting topic..
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
Mehn! 40 to 60 ooo
My eyes are always on the speedometer.
I am probably that lady driving in front of you that just makes you wonder if there is traffic tongue
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by Codedboy95(m): 8:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
i only do check when am driving ma mum. she always complains daht i drive recklessly
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by ogtavia(m): 8:06pm On Nov 13, 2013
tpacalipse: I keep my eyes on the instrument cluster all the time, including my mirrors. My speed limit depends on the type of car I am driving and also the condition of the road. If I am driving my camry on a good road that I am familiar with, I hit 140km/h mostly. If I am going to work in the morning, the way to where I work is very lonely and dangerous, so sometimes if a suspicious car is at my tail in that bush, then I give it to him by going beyond 140 just to shake him off my tail, but I hardly go beyond 140 with the camry. I normally hit 160 before cooling it down in the Benz C class that belongs to my mom. The car drives well, and at 160 it always feel like I shud add more but I rarely take the bait.

true,depends on d kind of car i am drving,if its an SUV,i hit 100 easily most times esp on d highway without luking at d speedometer,if its my mom's car,a nissan..i dnt do more than 100,however if i am driving my ''pimped out'' classic W123 benz,no matter au fast i wnt to go,i dnt do more than 120...at 120,its like the car is abt to take off from d ground..for drivers of ''clean and roadworthy'' W123 mercedes benz,u'll understand wat i am saying...
Re: Your Speedometer: How Often Do You Check It? by ogtavia(m): 8:10pm On Nov 13, 2013
Choicegirl: Mehn! 40 to 60 ooo
My eyes are always on the speedometer.
I am probably that lady driving in front of you that just makes you wonder if there is traffic tongue

please,keep ur eyes on d road and pity oda drivers on d road,drivers lyk u always make me feel justified for driving a bit carelessly by overtaking even if a car is approaching,honking with annoyance or even overtaking u at a bend wenever u ar in front me on d road...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Auto Maintenance Issues. How Often Have You: / 2015 Lexus ES. Hot Or Not? / How Good Are Liberty Jeeps?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.