Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Would You Pay Your Children For Chores They Do? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Pay Your Children For Chores They Do? (3719 Views)

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Pay Your Children For Chores They Do? by kiwibabe(f): 10:28am On Jun 16, 2006
IAH:

For me, my parents gave us weekly pocket money so I'm going to give my children too. It's really good and makes you accountable, that's how to quickly discover traits of extravagance in your child and nip it in the bud before it's full blown - when you let them handle money of their own.

Very True!!!
Re: Would You Pay Your Children For Chores They Do? by shawna(f): 3:38am On Jun 18, 2006
hell no if dey dont do their chores no food for them tongue
Re: Would You Pay Your Children For Chores They Do? by spikedcylinder: 4:59pm On Jun 21, 2006
I think this is a simple case of "Each to their own".
Re: Would You Pay Your Children For Chores They Do? by chienigma(f): 9:49pm On Oct 22, 2009
Pay fire! did anybody pay me for my own? Only two reasons could make me do that sada) Remembering with 'great fondness' how my parents gave me money or issued me a check for all the chores I did (never happened!) AND (b) If they are able to pay me back for carrying them, giving birth after all those labour pains, all the tender care and sleepless nights (priceless!). And oh, not forgetting the breast milk. Then I can pay them for the chores. grin grin grin
Re: Would You Pay Your Children For Chores They Do? by Fhemmmy: 10:26pm On Oct 22, 2009
Sure, if they do a good job, give them some pocket money now, but i wont call it paying them for doing chores in the house, else, they will be expecting that all the time and when u dont give them, na wahala
Re: Would You Pay Your Children For Chores They Do? by Agnesqueen(f): 2:21am On Oct 23, 2009
Parents dont get this, psychology teaches this alot . Parents need to know that rewarding kids with money or other rewards is helpful for the child/ren upbringing. Imagine being told to work for free, when you know that there will be incentives for the work you do you will be more motivated to work and do it better same goes for kids. smiley smiley
Re: Would You Pay Your Children For Chores They Do? by ayomidej(f): 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2009
no
Re: Would You Pay Your Children For Chores They Do? by Fhemmmy: 9:18pm On Oct 23, 2009
ayomidej:

no

dnt be cheap grin
Re: Would You Pay Your Children For Chores They Do? by Shola2009(m): 2:19am On Oct 24, 2009
Sure, if they do a good job, give them some pocket money now, but i wont call it paying them for doing chores in the house, else, they will be expecting that all the time and when u dont give them, na wahala
well said!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children / Abali Has A Son. / Men! What's Happening To Your Birthright?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.