Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children (3694 Views)

Nigerian Lady Who Was Told She Couldn't Give Birth Again, Gives Birth To Twins / List: 8 Nicknames All Nigerian Parents Give Their Kids / Husband Disappears As Wife Gives Birth To Twins In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by jonaifame22(m): 11:51am On Jul 18, 2015
Pls I've been pondering on this issue for a while,pls I need mature answers,God bless u as u comply
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Danjuma827(m): 11:54am On Jul 18, 2015
In biology we have what we call DNA and also the GENES. those dull parent might virtually have the gene of an intelligent child. so it doesn't not matter. like the example of short parents giving birth to tall children. it just depends on the one that is dominant and recessive
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by elantraceey(f): 12:00pm On Jul 18, 2015
No one is born dull , some people just use their brain more than others. So the answer is yes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 18, 2015
[b][/b]@OP....KNOWLEGDE IS ACQUIRED AND NOT CONGENTIAL!
NOBODY WAS BORN WITH KNOWLEGDE• AGREED SOME
PEOPLE WERE BORN GENIUSES BUT INTELLIGENCE IS MORE
ACQUIRED THAN CONGENTIAL! GENIUSES ARE MORE MADE
AND BORN!!THERE IS WHAT WE CALL THE THEORY OF USE
AND DISUSE! IF A CHILD WAS BORN NATURALLY
INTELLIGENT, IF HE DOESNT DEVELOP HIS INTELLIGENCE BY
READING AND ACQUIRING KNOWLEDGE, HE's INTELLIGENCE
WILL DIMINISH ON THE OTHER HAND IF A "NORMAL" CHILD
CONTINUES TO DEVELOP ITSELF MENTALLY, HE/SHE IS SURE
GONNA BE INTELLIGENT

2 Likes

Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by DrObum(m): 12:20pm On Jul 18, 2015
Define dull parents please
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
elantraceey:
No one is born dull, some people just use their brain more than others. So the answer is yes.
that is not true.

4 Likes

Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 18, 2015
Osahon7:
[b][/b]@OP....KNOWLEGDE IS ACQUIRED AND NOT CONGENTIAL!
NOBODY WAS BORN WITH KNOWLEGDE• AGREED SOME
PEOPLE WERE BORN GENIUSES BUT INTELLIGENCE IS MORE
ACQUIRED THAN CONGENTIAL! GENIUSES ARE MORE MADE
AND BORN!!THERE IS WHAT WE CALL THE THEORY OF USE
AND DISUSE! IF A CHILD WAS BORN NATURALLY
INTELLIGENT, IF HE DOESNT DEVELOP HIS INTELLIGENCE BY
READING AND ACQUIRING KNOWLEDGE, HE's INTELLIGENCE
WILL DIMINISH ON THE OTHER HAND IF A "NORMAL" CHILD
CONTINUES TO DEVELOP ITSELF MENTALLY, HE/SHE IS SURE
GONNA BE INTELLIGENT
you are rather correct!
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 18, 2015
A snake will always give birth to a snake. wink
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by ShayGirl(f): 12:53pm On Jul 18, 2015
Yes cos Intelligence isn't only hereditary but also a gift from God as well.....bt I believe no one is born dull, they r jex negligent people who fail to be logical in thinking.
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Gurgle(f): 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2015
As with most things intelligence is determined by a mixture and interaction between genes and environment

Somebody may be born with genes that allow them to retain and use information in a more sophisticated manner than their peers

Somebody may be born with genes that cause them to be slower in this regard

Likewise somebody may be brought up in a household where independent thought, wise reasoning and a thirst for knowledge are the order of the day

Somebody else may be born into a family where people think reading is a waste of time, or that intelligent thinking is not really important

Even if you have the genetic potential it may not be fully realized because the environment you spend your time in does not encourage these qualities to be expressed to the greatest extent

If your genes are causing you to lack in this area, being trained in an environment where intelligence is valued will allow you to increase your intelligence by training or to realize other avenues of talent or skill that are not affected by these genes

It depends on both what you are born with and what you are born into

Spiritual and psychological factors also come into play

if you are taught to believe that you are intelligent, you will believe and act as though you are and vice versa

also there are different types of intelligence, not just the "book" kind that I have used as a reference point. There is also emotional, social and spiritual intelligence and everyone is born with varying degrees of this, and are also trained to develop these to varying extents

there are people who can do complex sums without calculators but still find it very difficult to maintain a relationship

there are people who are very good at interacting with others socially but have no moral or spiritual sense at all

intelligence is made up of many aspects which different people carry in different levels of abundance

1 Like

Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 18, 2015
ShayGirl:
Yes cos Intelligence isn't only hereditary but also a gift from God as well.....bt I believe no one is born dull, they r jex negligent people who fail to be logical in thinking.
this is very wrong.

1 Like

Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by ShayGirl(f): 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2015
Teempakguy:
this is very wrong.

Prove me wrong then
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2015
Gurgle:
As with most things intelligence is determined by a mixture and interaction between genes and environment

Somebody may be born with genes that allow them to retain and use information in a more sophisticated manner than their peers

Somebody may be born with genes that cause them to be slower in this regard

Likewise somebody may be brought up in a household where independent thought, wise reasoning and a thirst for knowledge are the order of the day

Somebody else may be born into a family where people think reading is a waste of time, or that intelligent thinking is not really important

Even if you have the genetic potential it may not be fully realized because the environment you spend your time in does not encourage these qualities to be expressed to the greatest extent

If your genes are causing you to lack in this area, being trained in an environment where intelligence is valued will allow you to increase your intelligence by training or to realize other avenues of talent or skill that are not affected by these genes

It depends on both what you are born with and what you are born into

Spiritual and psychological factors also come into play

if you are taught to believe that you are intelligent, you will believe and act as though you are and vice versa
essentially correct, ma'am.
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 18, 2015
ShayGirl:

Prove me wrong then
if you would care to view the link below . . .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intellectual_disability
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Gurgle(f): 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2015
Teempakguy:
essentially correct, ma'am.

yea I think so

but often those who are born without some aspect will be compensated in other areas, if they invest time to find out what that area is and if they receive the correct support from those around them
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 18, 2015
Gurgle:

yea I think so

but often those who are born without some aspect will be compensated in other areas, if they invest time to find out what that area is and if they receive the correct support from those around them
of course, there is a limit to the extent one factor can increase intelligence if the other is fixed.
For instance, a brilliant person born into an underdeveloped country will perform lower. In the same way, a person born into a highly educational family, but with diminished biological intelligence will find it difficult to get smarter.
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Slimzjoe(m): 1:37pm On Jul 18, 2015
ShayGirl:

And Why will God make Some People Smarter than Others? Remember all men are Equal in his Sight
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Slimzjoe(m): 1:40pm On Jul 18, 2015
Teempakguy:
of course, there is a limit to the extent one factor can increase intelligence if the other is fixed.
For instance, a brilliant person born into an underdeveloped country will perform lower. In the same way, a person born into a highly educational family, but with diminished biological intelligence will find it difficult to get smarter.

grin grin grin

Op have yhu Gotten your Answer now?? 2 Olodos can make a Genius if they Work Hard.
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by babyfaceafrica: 1:41pm On Jul 18, 2015
Intelligence is subjective..so it depends where you coming from..please specify..and please people should stop saying no one is born dull..its just like saying no one is born brilliant..if there is positive,there will also be negative..that's what the chinese calls ying-yang.if you are dull does not make you useless,no one is useless!!!
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 18, 2015
Slimzjoe:

grin grin grin

Op have yhu Gotten your Answer now?? 2 Olodos can make a Genius if they Work Hard.
nah, they can't make a genius. Probably the highest they can get is above average intelligence. Being a genius is not a walk in the park. Your baseline intelligence has to be gifted level.
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Slimzjoe(m): 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2015
Teempakguy:
nah, they can't make a genius. Probably the highest they can get is above average intelligence. Being a genius is not a walk in the park. Your baseline intelligence has to be gifted level.

Atleast they won't give birth to an Olodo Like them.

And I was only being Hyperbolic with the Genius Thingy
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 18, 2015
Slimzjoe:

Atleast they won't give birth to an Olodo Like them.

And I was only being Hyperbolic with the Genius Thingy
oh no . . . they cannot at all. Human intelligence increases with every generation. wink
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 18, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Intelligence is subjective..so it depends where you coming from..please specify..and please people should stop saying no one is born dull..its just like saying no one is born brilliant..if there is positive,there will also be negative..that's what the chinese calls ying-yang.if you are dull does not make you useless,no one is useless!!!
abi! Help me tell them oh.
How can you be saying no one is ugly . . no one is dumb . . . no one is poor . . . how ridiculous. undecided

1 Like

Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Gurgle(f): 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2015
Teempakguy:

I think a person with diminished biological intelligence who was born into a highly educated family would find it easier to get smarter since the educated thinking style is already in place within the household.

for example when the child started to show signs of lower biological intelligence the parents would be more able to adapt to the situation and would be more interested in developing the child in a different way since the current approach is not working well

a brilliant person born into an underdeveloped country will still perform well if their family provides an environment conducive to learning. but how able that family is to do that will be impacted by the overall development profile of the country they live in

1 Like

Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by sneak3(m): 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2015
Goat no fit born dog nau...

lol on serious note it's very much possible.. abi u never see intelligent parents wey born proper dullingham city captain??
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2015
Gurgle:

I think a person with diminished biological intelligence who was born into a highly educated family would find it easier to get smarter since the educated thinking style is already in place within the household.
I agree, but there is a limit. Have you heard of IQ levels? There is a limit to the space one can move up form baseline intelligence. An average person can NEVER improve to have an IQ of above 135 by simply being put in a different environment.

for example when the child started to show signs of lower biological intelligence the parents would be more able to adapt to the situation and would be more interested in developing the child in a different way since the current approach is not working well
that does not mean the child is smart. It merely means he's is being educated. There is a wide difference.

a brilliant person born into an underdeveloped country will still perform well if their family provides an environment conducive to learning. but how able that family is to do that will be impacted by the overall development profile of the country they live in
if . . . this is a conditional statement which is basically what I said too. However, there is also a limit to how far one can drop in the IQ scale due to environmental factors.
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by babyfaceafrica: 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2015
Teempakguy:
abi! Help me tell them oh.
How can you be saying no one is ugly . . no one is dumb . . . no one is poor . . . how ridiculous. undecided
lol
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2015
Ofcourse.
Haven't you seen dumb parents who have super intelligent genius kids??
I have.
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by ksbusari(m): 4:11pm On Jul 18, 2015
In most cases NO. It means d educational foundation of such child will nt be solid. Bt on rear occassions YES.
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Gurgle(f): 4:54pm On Jul 18, 2015
Teempakguy:
I agree, but there is a limit. Have you heard of IQ levels? There is a limit to the space one can move up form baseline intelligence. An average person can NEVER improve to have an IQ of above 135 by simply being put in a different environment.

that does not mean the child is smart. It merely means he's is being educated. There is a wide difference.

if . . . this is a conditional statement which is basically what I said too. However, there is also a limit to how far one can drop in the IQ scale due to environmental factors.

Yeah I agree with that limit but the full potential below that limit can be reached with proper care and guidance

I wasn't referring to whether or not the child is smart. I meant that in such cases the parents of that child would be better equipped to find other way to tap into that child's potential if they had been trained to a higher level themselves and had that mindset that being well-educated gives people

Yes.
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by ShayGirl(f): 5:04pm On Jul 18, 2015
Slimzjoe:

And Why will God make Some People Smarter than Others? Remember all men are Equal in his Sight

Indeed, all men were created by God equally, but u would agree with me that virtually not everyone looks the same...so also does our skills varies even as our looks differs....Even as there is d gift of singing, dancing and d likes, some others were given the natural gift of Intelligence which makes them exceptionally unique from others(in their way) vice versa. this makes a person smarter and wiser than the others...Of course, d way u reason isn't d way I reason ...so also others...But that doesn't make us all unequal in his sight....And d fact that all men were created equal doesn't mean they tend to develop equally as well...#my opinion tho#
Re: Can Dull Parents Give Birth To Intelligient And Brilliant Children by Slimzjoe(m): 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2015
ShayGirl:

Indeed, all men were created by God equally, but u would agree with me that virtually not everyone looks the same...so also does our skills varies even as our looks differs....Even as there is d gift of singing, dancing and d likes, some others were given the natural gift of Intelligence which makes them exceptionally unique from others(in their way) vice versa. this makes a person smarter and wiser than the others...Of course, d way u reason isn't d way I reason ...so also others...But that doesn't make us all unequal in his sight....And d fact that all men were created equal doesn't mean they tend to develop equally as well...#my opinion tho#

Yes our Skills Vary but We can Develope and Nurture Skills we didn't have before.... Yhu could Go Learn how to swim, yhu Can Learn how to Sing, I can Use Cream to Change my Skin Colour.
The Reason some People are smarter or Wiser than others is not Because God made them so but Because of there Environment,Interaction and Food.
I forgot to Add IQ Level grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Married Men, What Would You Do If You Were In My Own Shoes / My Mom Says "no" To Every Girl I Introduce To Her As Fiancee At 32 / Am I Making A Terrible Mistake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.