Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! (5871 Views)

April 11 Elections: South-east Must Vote APC – Nwagwu / Why South-east Must Reject Jonathan In 2015 — APC / Terror In Anambra (all Igbos Travelling To East Must Read This And Beware!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 13, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Igbos had more than these before the war nah but they were able to recover gradually after losing them.
Moreover, u advocated that Igbo should build build soft bridges across to other ppl?
What about other ppl. building soft bridges towards igbos .
U have already acknowledged the fact that igbos are the highest investors to other regions, is that not soft bridge enough, if not a hard bridge sef?
Now, what efforts have the other grps made to build a bridge to igbos?
Is it the 1970 policies of Awolowo. or the deportation of 2013?
He who fights for equity must do so with clean hands.
I don talk my own sha

it is time for our people to look back home.
The next exodus will be more terrible. Nigeria is not working and it will never work.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Kaduna Nzeogwu was from Okpanam in today's Delta State, then, together with Edo State, Mid-Western Region. He saw himself more of an Igbo man than a mid-westerner, a mistake made by the Richard Constitution 1946.

i know, I only mentioned it because when we say that the Anioma's are our people, we are called names.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Ngokafor(f): 8:00pm On Nov 13, 2013
noblezone:

The next exodus will be more terrible. Nigeria is not working and it will never work.

..@op dont you think you should ignore detractors on this thread and leave Zik issue for now?
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 13, 2013
eggheaders:

Everybody after Edo state is regarded Igbo, general non Igbo logic. Is it also by mistake that okpara and zik escape the massacre. What about the music and vest produced to taunt the northerns. Why will you blame zik there was no political platform to start up with in the east back then nwoke.

Those who produced music and vest to celebrate murder were more guilty than those soldiers who did the killings. Nevertheless, I am saying the pains would never had arisen if the amalgamation did not take place.

Yes, I blame Zik and I will continue to blame him.
When Awo was building the political platform in the west, why did not Zik develop the platform in his in zone?
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ngokafor:

..@op dont you think you should ignore detractors on this thread and leave Zik issue for now?

Thanks a million times.

Emmm,,.,,,

This is a clarion call to all South Easterners: resist the APC!
This fight is not just for Anambra State, it is for all South Eastern States.

Call home, call your friends. Convince your friends to convince their families who are going to vote.

APC must to get us cheap! We are not cheap! Rochas has sold himself is so cheap.
Let us not make this mistake.

1 Like

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
Eziachi:
No single politician anywhere is anywhere to represent you. I don't know what gave you the idea that Rochas or Ngige is representing you? Whatever party they are now is just a platform to contest election and I don't know why folk worry themselves about his petty issues.
How many of them in the PDP will venture to mention the word Biafra among their Nigerian buddies? Tell me which one among them, then I will agree with you that they are representing you. Why folk thinks that APC is evil and PDP is somehow angelic I don't know. Its all about platform to contest election. Didn't this Tinubu of today worked with GEJ behind the scene in 2011 to defeat Buhari in the South West?
Thats wat i was telling u nah, all politicians are hyping the party that will give them the best platform to win irrespective of what they do to achieve that.

I never said PDP was
representing me either .
Am not talking about Biafra yet, and nowhere in my post supported PDP differentially or demonized APC in particular .
We are discussing persons here in relation to anambra state elections.
All am saying is that we need wiser representatives esp in apc.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
noblezone:

i know, I only mentioned it because when we say that the Anioma's are our people, we are called names.

Don't mind the dolts.
All of a sudden, anioma is Igbo.
but they are the ones that create threads under funny monickers, saying that igboland is limited to SE.
I have never seen worse cowardice than is exhibited by yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by eggheaders(m): 8:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
Pa eziachi I always respect your unbias view. You, berem, obiagelli, shachris and abagworo are the few igbos are really admire on this forum. How is your health now sorry I am just asking, I was serving numerous ban the time you broke the story to us. Oluwa a fun yin ni alafia meaning God will grant you good health.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by eggheaders(m): 8:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
noblezone:

Those who produced music and vest to celebrate murder were more guilty than those soldiers who did the killings. Nevertheless, I am saying the pains would never had arisen if the amalgamation did not take place.

Yes, I blame Zik and I will continue to blame him.
When Awo was building the political platform in the west, why did not Zik develop the platform in his in zone?

I think we can all now agree that it is high time we disintegrate this contraption.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by ACM10: 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
Eziachi:
No single politician anywhere is anywhere to represent you. I don't know what gave you the idea that Rochas or Ngige is representing you? Whatever party they are now is just a platform to contest election and I don't know why folk worry themselves about his petty issues.
How many of them in the PDP will venture to mention the word Biafra among their Nigerian buddies? Tell me which one among them, then I will agree with you that they are representing you. Why folk thinks that APC is evil and PDP is somehow angelic I don't know. Its all about platform to contest election. Didn't this Tinubu of today worked with GEJ behind the scene in 2011 to defeat Buhari in the South West?

Pa Eziachi, welcome back. You are truly wise. May your days be long. I keep on telling people that Ngige is more pro-Igbo than Peter Obi. But people will not listen. Thanks for injecting your wise thought to the debate.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by wesley80(m): 9:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
Desric: You are just very pathetic, no wonder we've being this backward in SE, imagine what your type will be doing if you eventually become a SE political Leader because in most case your likes are usually favoured as SE Leaders and that's why we are were we are.
Not sure which part of my post riled you this much.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Eziachi: 9:35pm On Nov 13, 2013
noblezone:

Now you're talking. Instead of the APC/PDP evil and angelic branding, which is pure nonsense, they are all a platform to contest election.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Eziachi: 9:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
eggheaders: Pa eziachi I always respect your unbias view. You, berem, obiagelli, shachris and abagworo are the few igbos are really admire on this forum. How is your health now sorry I am just asking, I was serving numerous ban the time you broke the story to us. Oluwa a fun yin ni alafia meaning God will grant you good health.
Am doing ok, with my new lease of life. Life is worth living irrespective. On a serious note, remember that one day you may choose to disagree me, hopefully we will still respect each other on that day too grin. Regards
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
Eziachi:
Am doing ok, with my new lease of life. Life is worth living irrespective. On a serious note, remember that one day you may choose to disagree me, hopefully we will still respect each other on that day too grin. Regards

Lol
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by eaglechild: 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
APC
Is dead on arrival
We don't want corrupt debtors taking over Anambra.
Nobody needs Tinubu stooge-ship

Rochas is already messing up Imo with debts and hap hazard ill planned projects, We can't let that happen in Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by NOLONGTIN1(m): 11:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
Well I've always said that APC is a regional party, the truth can't be hidden.

There is nothing 'people' or democratic about PDP nor progressive in APC.

It is said that the devil(PDP) you know is better than the Angel(APC) you don't know.

I've not really followed the candidates for Anambra governor election but I hear it's between Ngige and Obiano(APGA) .

Left to me I would vote for Obiano or any smaller party than vote for PDP or that regional party.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 13, 2013
Was Buhari or Tinibu in Anambra to help flag off Ngige's campaign as party chieftains? It's just an observation; I'm neutral.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by remarkD(m): 6:33am On Nov 14, 2013
what was the hard blow Awolowo landed on Zik (during those electioneering times?

eggheaders:

Get over it, zik brought it on himself for his lack of political sophistication. You guys should stop rubbing your little success on peoples face. I remember how hard my peeps campaign for zik party in Lagos even fashola grand father was an ncnc man. But when you guys start rubbing it on our faces that we are fools for voting ncnc. Awo saw through the pettiness and dealth a hard blow on zik he won't forget even in his grave.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by remarkD(m): 6:48am On Nov 14, 2013
Did your Uncle tell you specifically how the Igbos were rubbing it on your face(s) (that they had won seats in the western house)?

eggheaders:

Like my uncle told me the east was still primitive politically then that why zik came to the southwest where the show was happening. The same way y'all were rubbing it on the face of the northern after murdering their political leaders is same way you were trying to rub it on our face when your party won few seat in western Nigeria.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:41am On Nov 14, 2013
remark D: Did your Uncle tell you specifically how the Igbos were rubbing it on your face(s) (that they had won seats in the western house)?

Yoruba people are not tribal bigots like the Igbo. FYI Zik didn't come all the way from the East to win in the West. He had his business in Lagos.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
Eziachi:
Now you're talking. Instead of the APC/PDP evil and angelic branding, which is pure nonsense, they are all a platform to contest election.

Mazi, I never said PDP is angelic.

PDP is evil, we all know that.
I am only saying that APC is a more dangerous evil possing as an angel.

Come o, have heard they have gone to Minna to seek the patronage and the blessings of the "evil genius"?
Such are the ways of our "progressives".
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
eggheaders:

I think we can all now agree that it is high time we disintegrate this contraption.

that has been my position.
There is a limit to friction.

This friction had been there from the very beginning. I don't understand why we cant tell ourselves the truth.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2013
eaglechild: APC
Is dead on arrival
We don't want corrupt debtors taking over Anambra.
Nobody needs Tinubu stooge-ship

Rochas is already messing up Imo with debts and hap hazard ill planned projects, We can't let that happen in Anambra.
Please, our people must be eduicated with proper information.

So many of them are carried away with fanfare of "Ngige built roads".
This is 2013, and not 2003. Ngige had served his purpose, it is time to move on.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by bushwailo: 3:44pm On Nov 14, 2013
No vex o !
I have a question.
Which Exactly is Ojukwus legacy ?

NPN the Boko Haram party in the 80's ?
Or APGA the so called Igbo party ?
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 14, 2013
bushwailo: No vex o !
I have a question.
Which Exactly is Ojukwus legacy ?

NPN the Boko Haram party in the 80's ?
Or APGA the so called Igbo party ?

Ojukwu was no politician in the sense of it in Nigeria!
His legacy is the Biafran consciousness, the African Revolution!
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by bushwailo: 4:47pm On Nov 14, 2013
noblezone:
Ojukwu was no politician in the sense of it in Nigeria!
His legacy is the Biafran consciousness, the African Revolution!

So voting for APGA is not following Ojukwus ideology "in the sense of it" ?
I'm I correct those following Ojukwu political Ideology are confused "in the sense of it" ?
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Eziachi: 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2013
NO LONG TIN: Well I've always said that APC is a regional party, the truth can't be hidden.

There is nothing 'people' or democratic about PDP nor progressive in APC.

It is said that the devil(PDP) you know is better than the Angel(APC) you don't know.

I've not really followed the candidates for Anambra governor election but I hear it's between Ngige and Obiano(APGA) .

Left to me I would vote for Obiano or any smaller party than vote for PDP or that regional party.
APC is as regional as PDP if you really care to be honest to yourself. If APC is the become the power holders tomorrow, especially in the centre, the same people telling us now that PDP is the party of angel Gabriel will in their droves join them. Political party in Nigeria is just a platform to contest for political power. After the contest, everyone evaluate, then go back to where they were before or joined whoever we were told that won the contest.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by kingbang: 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2013
Eziachi:
APC is as regional as PDP if you really care to be honest to yourself. If APC is the become the power holders tomorrow, especially in the centre, the same people telling us now that PDP is the party of angel Gabriel will in their droves join them. Political party in Nigeria is just a platform to contest for political power. After the contest, everyone evaluate, then go back to where they were before or joined whoever we were told that won the contest.

Pa Eziachi, ekene m gi! I beg to disagree with some of your points. APC is rightly a regional party in the sense that its leaders are mostly from the old ACN(which was not controlling any state outside SW except Edo). The Yorubas(ACN) bargained in the forming of APC from a position of strength in the sense that they were controlling significant states. That explains why they didn't bother consulting Igbo leaders during the merging talks. We need a platform like APGA through which we can bargain when it comes to our interests. I hope APGA ends up controlling at least 4 SE states come 2015. Daalu Nnam!

1 Like

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 14, 2013
kingbang:

Pa Eziachi, ekene m gi! I beg to disagree with some of your points. APC is rightly a regional party in the sense that its leaders are mostly from the old ACN(which was not controlling any state outside SW except Edo). The Yorubas(ACN) bargained in the forming of APC from a position of strength in the sense that they were controlling significant states. That explains why they didn't bother consulting Igbo leaders during the merging talks. We need a platform like APGA through which we can bargain when it comes to our interests. I hope APGA ends up controlling at least 4 SE states come 2015. Daalu Nnam!

You summation is mostly out of emotion

ACN had won Edo a state out of SW and few senatorial/House of Rep seats and had strong showing in several other states eg in Benue where they had about 450000votes to the PDP's 500and something thousands votes and same applies in Adamawa where Engr Marcus Gundiri also posted humongous result

ACN though was formed in the SW didn't have a totally tribal or ethnic mindset ab initio. You could say AD did but Tinubu pull out and formed AC then ACN and the party had very high ranking individuals from across the Niger

But the same can't be said about APGA which following the sickness and demise of Dim Ojukwu had been positioned to be serially raped and abused by the PDP by Peter Obi and Victor Umeh while throwing little patronage at Bianca Ojukwu. Those two guys have never really shown any attempt to use APGA to negotiate from a position of strength but from a position of greed!

Rochas saw through the shenanigans of Victor Umeh on one side when he was funding the party when Obi threw him out and was romancing Maxi Okwu faction and decided to pull out after extracting a strong commitment from the APC-in formation committtee to give the Ndigbos at worst the VP ticket

For real APGA as presently constituted doesn't have the personalities to tinker it and use it to form a strategic alliance with any serious party except the PDP which already knows that it has the party under it wraps

Tinubu has never come across as a SW tribalist or politician as experience have shown that he is a bridge builder and has friends and associate across Nigeria while the same can't be said about people in APGA presently whose politics have been hinged on Ethnoreligious division and ruinous politics

Thank God for bridge builders like Rochas,Ngige,Soludo,Ogbonnaya Onu,Anyim Nyerere,Osita Okechukwu,Osita Izunaso etc who have gone ahead to reserve space for Ndigbos in APC because sooner than later you will all realise that PDP can not serve your interest in the next 20years
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by kingbang: 6:39pm On Nov 14, 2013
sagombugo:

You summation is mostly out of emotion

ACN had won Edo a state out of SW and few senatorial/House of Rep seats and had strong showing in several other states eg in Benue where they had about 450000votes to the PDP's 500and something thousands votes and same applies in Adamawa where Engr Marcus Gundiri also posted humongous result

ACN though was formed in the SW didn't have a totally tribal or ethnic mindset ab initio. You could say AD did but Tinubu pull out and formed AC then ACN and the party had very high ranking individuals from across the Niger

But the same can't be said about APGA which following the sickness and demise of Dim Ojukwu had been positioned to be serially raped and abused by the PDP by Peter Obi and Victor Umeh while throwing little patronage at Bianca Ojukwu. Those two guys have never really shown any attempt to use APGA to negotiate from a position of strength but from a position of greed!

Rochas saw through the shenanigans of Victor Umeh on one side when he was funding the party when Obi threw him out and was romancing Maxi Okwu faction and decided to pull out after extracting a strong commitment from the APC-in formation committtee to give the Ndigbos at worst the VP ticket

For real APGA as presently constituted doesn't have the personalities to tinker it and use it to form a strategic alliance with any serious party except the PDP which already knows that it has the party under it wraps

Tinubu has never come across as a SW tribalist or politician as experience have shown that he is a bridge builder and has friends and associate across Nigeria while the same can't be said about people in APGA presently whose politics have been hinged on Ethnoreligious division and ruinous politics

Thank God for bridge builders like Rochas,Ngige,Soludo,Ogbonnaya Onu,Anyim Nyerere,Osita Okechukwu,Osita Izunaso etc who have gone ahead to reserve space for Ndigbos in APC because sooner than later you will all realise that PDP can not serve your interest in the next 20years

You couldn't even put up an intelligent counter argument! Just a burst of emotional rant! I am waiting for a sensible counter argument. Even mad people know that ACN was a regional party, i wonder how you never came to understand that. I have 2 questions to ask you kid.
1. How many ACN controlled states are outside SW?
2. How come Igbo leaders and APGA leadership were not consulted prior to the merger?

I really don't have time for shallow people like you but every true Igbo son knows that we need a platform to be used as a leverage in negotiating for our regional interests. You are not Igbo, so you wouldn't understand that.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by agbameta: 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2013
kingbang:

You couldn't even put up an intelligent counter argument! Just a burst of emotional rant! I am waiting for a sensible counter argument. Even mad people know that ACN was a regional party, i wonder how you never came to understand that. I have 2 questions to ask you kid.
1. How many ACN controlled states are outside SW?
2. How come Igbo leaders and APGA leadership were not consulted prior to the merger?

I really don't have time for shallow people like you but every true Igbo son knows that we need a platform to be used as a leverage in negotiating for our regional interests. You are not Igbo, so you wouldn't understand that.

1. You have no leverage because the wise ones within your boundaries careless about your leverage hence their association with the APC.

2. You have no leverage because AGPA is PDP's local branch in the east.

3. You have no levrage because the North and the SW can win any presidential election without AGPA and the East hence the APC not losing any sleep regarding major vote block in the East.

4. You have no leverage because politically, you have no other home or any choice but PDP/GEJ, meaning you are confined to your local playground in the East and inside GEJ's back pocket.

Bottom line, GEJ or just your local votes sounds pretty much worthless in terms of presidential elections since you can not win anything Nationally without reaching out to the North and the SW.

So, you can beat your chest and stroke your ego till eternity, but the above facts remains your realities..

2 Likes

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by kingbang: 6:57pm On Nov 14, 2013
agbameta:

1. You have no leverage because the wise ones within your boundaries careless about your leverage hence their association with the APC.

2. You have no leverage because AGPA is PDP's local branch in the east.

3. You have no levrage because the North and the SW can win any presidential election without AGPA and the East hence the APC not losing any sleep regarding major vote block in the East.

4. You have no leverage because politically, you have no other home or any choice but PDP/GEJ, meaning you are confined to your local playground in the East and inside GEJ's back pocket.

Bottom line, GEJ or just your local votes sounds pretty much worthless in terms of presidential elections since you can not win anything Nationally without reaching out to the North and the SW.

So, you can beat your chest and stroke your ego till eternity, but the above facts remains your realities..

Of course i was the first to accept that we have no leverage but i pray that journey starts from Saturday! As for your chest beating son, i am waiting to see how your APC can win a presidential election without block votes from SE and SS. Go figure please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking News: Chibok Girls Discovered / Professor Viola Onwuliri On Okorocha & The Iriji Maise new Yam Festival / From Dss Headquarter: Nnamdi Kanu Goes On Hunger Strike Refuse To Sign Document

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.