Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,345 members, 7,829,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! (5884 Views)

April 11 Elections: South-east Must Vote APC – Nwagwu / Why South-east Must Reject Jonathan In 2015 — APC / Terror In Anambra (all Igbos Travelling To East Must Read This And Beware!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by eggheaders(m): 6:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
noblezone:

Hahahahaha.

You know nothing about Nigerian politics.
Zik believed in a lie called "one" Nigeria and we are still suffering that today.
APC a national Party? Lol.

We have listened to Buhari, we have listened to Tinube and we have Lai Mohammed.
We already know that there is nothing National in the hearts.

This is a clarion call to all South Easterners, we cannot continue to cry more than the bereaved.
WE cannot continue to be more Nigerian than others.

They tell us they want ONE Nigeria at all cost, and yet corner everything to themselves.
They put up wicked and deadly polices to destroy our heritage.

A nation where a child who worked hard to score 69% in a entrance exam is denied admission while the one that scored 1% is admitted is nothing but calamity waiting to happen.

On Saturday, resist this internal colonial masters through your vote!

Get over it, zik brought it on himself for his lack of political sophistication. You guys should stop rubbing your little success on peoples face. I remember how hard my peeps campaign for zik party in Lagos even fashola grand father was an ncnc man. But when you guys start rubbing it on our faces that we are fools for voting ncnc. Awo saw through the pettiness and dealth a hard blow on zik he won't forget even in his grave.

4 Likes

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Kponkwem(m): 6:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
Of what use is joining a party that will soon hit the precipice by the general election year when basic issues of position sharing will destroy those strange bedfellows as predicted by Doyin Okupe.

Anambrarians its either APGA or LP.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Kponkwem(m): 6:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
Of what use is joining a party that will soon hit the precipice by the general election year when basic issues of position sharing will destroy those strange bedfellows as predicted by Doyin Okupe?

Anambrarians its either APGA or LP.

1 Like

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:35pm On Nov 13, 2013
Anambra people had better not allow the way the country is being run by the President to be replicated in the state. This is the reason why PDP and APGA, which is PDP except in name, shouldn't be voted for on the 16th.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Willy4Willy: 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2013
so na you de dictate for Sexikill
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by eggheaders(m): 6:39pm On Nov 13, 2013
Willy4Willy:
You want him to ban me for doing nothing, na wa for you

For going around a ban you deserve to be caged till 2106.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
Eziachi:
If you are even contemplating joining sometime in the future doesn't wisdom dictate that Rochas being there to keep eyes on things for you until you feel you are ready to join? grin
Why hate/crucify the forerunner now over something that you wish to join sometime in the future? grin grin grin grin. It doesn't make any sense all this permutations.
By the way, I believe few people are aware that the treaty that created Nigeria in 1914 which was given a life shell of hundred years expires mid night 31st December 2014 under UN a mandate.
Hence their hurrying/rushing to formulate another one, a.k.a national conference. Because from that day, any of the ethnic nationalities has right under international law to to secede. Don't say I told, a top NADECO friend from the SW whispered it to me yesterday over lunch.

I have heard it from Radio Biafra.
they are really busy mobilising our people in diaspora.

I cant wait to proudly fly the Biafran flag
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by pullyacap: 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
eggheaders:

In willywilly world of imagination.

Y ridicule yrself by engaging wt that clannish irredentist?

Save yr brilliance 4 more effective discourse sir
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
eggheaders:

Get over it, zik brought it on himself for his lack of political sophistication. You guys should stop rubbing your little success on peoples face. I remember how hard my peeps campaign for zik party in Lagos even fashola grand father was an ncnc man. But when you guys start rubbing it on our faces that we are fools for voting ncnc. Awo saw through the pettiness and dealth a hard blow on zik he won't forget even in his grave.

What are we rubbing on your face?
I am not blaming Awo.
My problem was Zik: what was he looking for in the South West when he has not settled his home?
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Desric(m): 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
wesley80:
That's what Google told you right? Unfortunately, Google does not understand the peculiarity of Nigeria so here are some better definitions.

Tribalism is when a 'National leader says this; 'We must ruthlessly prevent power change. We must use the minorities in the North as willing tools and the South as conquered territories and never allow them to rule over us or have control over their future. - Ahmadu Bello'

Tribalism is Awo breaking up the NCNC to empower the SW region even though in the long run he knew Nigeria as a nation would be worse off - it was expedient, even though it robbed the country the opportunity of having her foremost nationalist and two most capable leaders preside over the country.

Tribalism is a Presidential candidate touring the entire North and SW during his presidential campaigns but not bothering to set foot in the SE, It is refusal to condemn and try to stop the butchering of young corp members simply because they are from other tribes of the country - Your Mentor Buhari.

Tribalism is Bola Tinubu the 21st Century Awoist.

Now do you know what Tribalism means in Nigeria?
You are just very pathetic, no wonder we've being this backward in SE, imagine what your type will be doing if you eventually become a SE political Leader because in most case your likes are usually favoured as SE Leaders and that's why we are were we are.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
Eziachi:
If you are even contemplating joining sometime in the future doesn't wisdom dictate that Rochas being there to keep eyes on things for you until you feel you are ready to join? grin
Why hate/crucify the forerunner now over something that you wish to join sometime in the future? grin grin grin grin. It doesn't make any sense all this permutations.
By the way, I believe few people are aware that the treaty that created Nigeria in 1914 which was given a life shell of hundred years expires mid night 31st December 2014 under UN a mandate.
Hence their hurrying/rushing to formulate another one, a.k.a national conference. Because from that day, any of the ethnic nationalities has right under international law to to secede. Don't say I told, a top NADECO friend from the SW whispered it to me yesterday over lunch.

u have a point in your first sentences esp.
Representatives in the opposition should serve as an eye to us just like Ezeudu, a pagan in Arrow of God asked his son to join the white man's religion just to act as an eye for him.
But then, the son, Oduche failed woefully, and his popsy was d object of ridicule by his kinsmen who had opposed the motion an ignitio.
What am saying is that Ngige and Rochas are not representing us well at all and their activities showed that the party is more impt to them than the ppl.
A na eme ya eme?
When the first intl flight from Enugu airport was celebrated, no prominent APC member was present, what were they trying to prove?
That its a pdp airport, and not an eastern airport again?
Whenever SE guvs host a meeting, Rochas must be absent, unlike pre APC days?
what does that mean?
What was Ngige 's stand on the deportation saga?
How come he did a campaign on an ofala day? Is he not an Igbo elder again?
So, how exactly are they serving as an eye to us with all these uncouthness?
They just did a bad advertisement of apc in SE.
Its only obvious they had put the satisfaction of their godfathers buhari and co before their ppl.
U and I know the consequences of allowing ofekes to govern the state, aka na ekwu na oku na agba anyi already, ha achoro igbanyekwu ya fuel .
What am saying is that we need wiser representatives in APC.
Ndi o ga abu ihe daputa na that party, ha abia gbaara anyi ama, si anyi lekwa lekwa ihe na aga, o bughi ndi ga agbakuta ndi nke ha azu, ka ha meta ndi nuu mma.
In essence, I had liked the idea of rochas and co joining APC, but they are going about it wrongly.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:23pm On Nov 13, 2013
The SE should join the train of Nigeria moving towards two-party state. APGA which they think is Igbo is actually, except in name, PDP. With time PDP and APC will be the only parties in Nigeria.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by eggheaders(m): 7:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
noblezone:

What are we rubbing on your face?
I am not blaming Awo.
My problem was Zik: what was he looking for in the South West when he has not settled his home?

Like my uncle told me the east was still primitive politically then that why zik came to the southwest where the show was happening. The same way y'all were rubbing it on the face of the northern after murdering their political leaders is same way you were trying to rub it on our face when your party won few seat in western Nigeria.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
Desric: You are just very pathetic, no wonder we've being this backward in SE, imagine what your type will be doing if you eventually become a SE political Leader because in most case your likes are usually favoured as SE Leaders and that's why we are were we are.

Who told u that u are a SEner?
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 13, 2013
Orlando Owoh: The SE should join the train of Nigeria moving towards two-party state. APGA which they think is Igbo is actually, except in name, PDP. With time PDP and APC will be the only parties in Nigeria.

then the PDP is a lesser devil!

1 Like

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2013
eggheaders:

Like my uncle told me the east was still primitive politically then that why zik came to the southwest where the show was happening. The same way y'all were rubbing it on the face of the northern after murdering their political leaders is same way you were trying to rub it on our face when your party won few seat in western Nigeria.

That South Easterners murdered the northern leaders is a distortion of history. Hope you know that Nzeogwu who led the coup was from the South South?

I am not denying him though.

You still did not get my point: I dont have any problem with Awo and your people. I blame Zik's naivety,
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Eziachi: 7:43pm On Nov 13, 2013
ngozievergreen:

u have a point in your first sentences esp.
Representatives in the opposition should serve as an eye to us just like Ezeudu, a pagan in Arrow of God asked his son to join the white man's religion just to act as an eye for him.
But then, the son, Oduche failed woefully, and his popsy was d object of ridicule by his kinsmen who had opposed the motion an ignitio.
What am saying is that Ngige and Rochas are not representing us well at all and their activities showed that the party is more impt to them than the ppl.
A na eme ya eme?
When the first intl flight from Enugu airport was celebrated, no prominent APC member was present, what were they trying to prove?
That its a pdp airport, and not an eastern airport again?
Whenever SE guvs host a meeting, Rochas must be absent, unlike pre APC days?
what does that mean?
What was Ngige 's stand on the deportation saga?
How come he did a campaign on an ofala day? Is he not an Igbo elder again?
So, how exactly are they serving as an eye to us with all these uncouthness?
They just did a bad advertisement of apc in SE.
Its only obvious they had put the satisfaction of their godfathers buhari and co before their ppl.
U and I know the consequences of allowing ofekes to govern the state, aka na ekwu na oku na agba anyi already, ha achoro igbanyekwu ya fuel .
What am saying is that we need wiser representatives in APC.
Ndi o ga abu ihe daputa na that party, ha abia gbaara anyi ama, si anyi lekwa lekwa ihe na aga, o bughi ndi ga agbakuta ndi nke ha azu, ka ha meta ndi nuu mma.
In essence, I had liked the idea of rochas and co joining APC, but they are going about it wrongly.
No single politician anywhere is anywhere to represent you. I don't know what gave you the idea that Rochas or Ngige is representing you? Whatever party they are now is just a platform to contest election and I don't know why folk worry themselves about his petty issues.
How many of them in the PDP will venture to mention the word Biafra among their Nigerian buddies? Tell me which one among them, then I will agree with you that they are representing you. Why folk thinks that APC is evil and PDP is somehow angelic I don't know. Its all about platform to contest election. Didn't this Tinubu of today worked with GEJ behind the scene in 2011 to defeat Buhari in the South West?

1 Like

Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
noblezone:

Really?
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
noblezone:

What do you mean? Who is the "greater" devil?
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by OrangeHokage(m): 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
noblezone: In 1999, these three parties held the sway, AD, ANPP and PDP.

Out of the three, the PDP was more of a national party, AD was a party of the South West while the ANPP was a party of the Northerners.

South East just like at other times, (when we say we are more detribalized than the others, they won't agree) embraced the national party and the PDP won all the South Eastern states.

While the PDP made inroads into the North and the West, their regional parties gave them the platform to get better bargains at the national level. The South East had no bargain at all even as OBJ hijacked the party (PDP) for his selfish interests.

When the PDP was hijacked, the South West retained certain control because of their regional party, same thing in the North.

Chekwas Okorie understanding the Nigerian politics, entered with his APGA to balance the equation and OBJ played the devils advocate by working hard to destroy the regional parties. He undid AD, but the South West quickly recovered and formed AC (later became ACN). The ANPP was almost dead and they quickly came up with the CPC. APGA was destroyed courtesy of Victor Ume and since it was only Chekwas that understood the Nigerian politics, there was no replacement for APGA.

Orji Uzo Kalu was very selfish, instead of building a regional party, he formed PPA (Personal Party Alliance?). Today, the South East is without a regional party like the others. This is not good for us!

Now, let no one be deceived, the ACN, ANPP and CPC only came together for one singular purpose:

To wrestle power from Jonathan who "should not have been President" in the first place. Jonathan does not belong to the "ruling class"!

APC has "shared" Nigeria according to the quota of the regional parties that formed it.
Rochas sold himself so cheap thinking he was smart! Of recent, we heard that he is not even a member of the APC yet. He had ran ahead to sell APGA to the APC without negotiating anything. Please, does Rochas really have any brains?

I am not saying that the South East cannot join the APC, but the time is not right! Negotiations have since ended. a look at the national leadership of the APC will prove my point.

We cannot join the "opposition yet"! We must maintain the status quo and then get it right!

This is partly why the APC must not win the Anambra guber poll on Saturday.
Also, the APC stood against the State of Emergency as declared by Mr. President in the North while we in the South East support it.
Two cannot work together except they agree.

I am calling on all stake holders in Anambra and the entire South East, to shun the APC for now!

oh shut up and stop being overly biased
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by eggheaders(m): 7:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
noblezone:

That South Easterners murdered the northern leaders is a distortion of history. Hope you know that Nzeogwu who led the coup was from the South South?

You still did not get my point: I dont have any problem with Awo and your people. I blame Zik's naivety,

Everybody after Edo state is regarded Igbo, general non Igbo logic. Is it also by mistake that okpara and zik escape the massacre. What about the music and vest produced to taunt the northerns. Why will you blame zik there was no political platform to start up with in the east back then nwoke.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
pullyacap:

My brother you are making a great mistake and I believe you people should always have PLAN B but obviously some of you are too emotionally attached to BIAFRANISM hence can't be bothered about some salient fact!

If you are expecting Jonathan's National Confab to be an easy way to getting Biafra you will be disappointed!

Even Femi Okunrounmu have tacitly said with both sides of his mouth that 'there will be no no-go-areas' but at the same time said 'Nigeria's Unity will not be discussed'

I put it to you,your elites and business people are even the ones that are secretly against the break up of this country unlike the belief that it is the Northerners and South westerners who are against you people leaving to have your own country

Tell me,if Peter Obi sure wants this country to break up,would he have gone ahead to commit N5billion into the NEXT SHOPPING MALL in Abuja a project which has employed about 5000 people outside the SE coupled with his several investments in Lagos and other places

If you all can't smell politics and manipulation in all of these towards this coming election and against 2015 then you are naive

All your billionaires have some of their investments outside the SE,they will never open their eyes and allow your sentimental cries and wailings to turn them into paupers overnight!

That is why I am advocating that rather than SEners to curse,abuse and alienate themselves from other parts of Nigeria,you should tread softly and build bridges politically

The SEners are too widespread in all parts of this country to risk making people go through another round of blood letting because the power brokers in this country across all the geopolitical zones including SE will not lay low and watch this country disintegrate!

I expect people to curse and shout me down!

But the Ifeanyi Ubahs,Orji Uzor Kalu's,Cletus Ibetos,Peter Ubahs,Arthur Nzeribes,Emeka Offors,Arthur Ezes will not all carry their billions investments which include High rise buildings,Oil blocs,Oil Vessels,Tank farms,Warehouses,Jetties,Private Jet Hangars on their heads should what most sentimental and emotional folks are happen

The worst that can happen is a little political concession like State creation in the SE,Improved Revenue sharing formula and a loose federalism

I don talk my own sha

Igbos had more than these before the war nah but they were able to recover gradually after losing them.
Moreover, u advocated that Igbo should build build soft bridges across to other ppl?
What about other ppl. building soft bridges towards igbos .
U have already acknowledged the fact that igbos are the highest investors to other regions, is that not soft bridge enough, if not a hard bridge sef?
Now, what efforts have the other grps made to build a bridge to igbos?
Is it the 1970 policies of Awolowo. or the deportation of 2013?
He who fights for equity must do so with clean hands.
I don talk my own sha
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
noblezone:

Kaduna Nzeogwu was from Okpanam in today's Delta State, then, together with Edo State, Mid-Western Region. He saw himself more of an Igbo man than a mid-westerner, a mistake made by the Richard Constitution 1946.
Re: Why The South East, Must ShunThe APC For Now! by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
OrangeHokage: oh shut up and stop being overly biased

hahahaha.

I am biased. Seriously.

Buhari is biased. Tinubu is biased. Awo was biased. Ahmadu Bello was biased.
Nigeria is biased dear. Can yuou imagined a country where a child that scored 69% is denied admission while the one that scored 1% is offered admission. Which biasness is more than that?

I am biased against Nigeria and I am biased against the APC.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Politician Attempts Human Ritual (photos, Evidence Included) / TOP 21 Nigerian Tech Ceos. / Inside The E-4B 'doomsday' 747 Plane That Follows The US President Around

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.