Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign (1844 Views)

Caption This Funny Photo Of Amaechi At FEC Meeting Today / Aliyu Orders His Deputy To Leave Executive Meeting For Calling Him A Thief / Jonathan Abandons The Ibos - Backs Adekunle And The Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by taharqa: 9:35am On Nov 14, 2013
Pataki: This doofus of a president tried the same thing in Edo and he was bitterly disgraced there.

Your days are numbered President Retardeen!

Come Saturday, we the true Igbos shall be suya-ing and eating nwkobi stew as we celebrate team APC in Anambra government house.
You go fear na.....@Pataki, don suddenly become Igbo cos of Anambra election grin.... Kai! APC and NOISEMAKING

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by Pukkah: 10:05am On Nov 14, 2013
Pk001: What is FEC meeting? Is he not the president?
He can call for a FEC meeting today if he wishes.

FEC meeting can be held even 3 times in a week.

Please stop this rubbish jounalism.

How is this rubbish journalism?

The FEC meeting did not hold because the President went to Anambra to campaign for the PDP candidate. Because of the same reason, he also shunned the Commonwealth meeting. In fact, he cancelled his trip to CHOGM to attend the rally. Does this make sense?

Is the President's presence for a party campaign more important than at the previously scheduled FEC meeting where important decisions concerning all Nigerians are usually made? Were there no urgent national issues to be discussed or decisions to be taken? Although there's no law that says the FEC must hold every Wednesday but we are talking about seriousness here.

With the level of underdevelopment in Nigeria, and the fact that all the country's peers have left her behind, shouldn't the President's sleeves be rolled up permanently as he goes full throttle to battle developmental issues? Given the state of the country, is there really any time to waste? If the President must be in Onitsha to campaign, must it be at the expense of the FEC meeting? Must he be in Onitsha on that day?

Vice President Sambo was in Anambra less than a week earlier. He led about 60 people to campaign for the PDP candidate. Then 5 days later, our President shunned an important meeting (except you're saying it's not important) and cancelled a CHOGM trip to be in Onitsha for campaigns. It would have been a different thing if he was in Anambra for developmental efforts. Is Nigeria a serious country at all?

The President could create time and attention for campaigns but he's not been able to create attention for corruption, oil theft, restructure of the federation, etc. So what happens after the campaigns, even if the candidate wins? How many of such governors has the President been able to influence to deliver sound governance? Or what's the essence of this whole charade?

You stated that the FEC meeting can hold at any time the President so wishes. But does that show good planning and order? Do you know how the meetings are run and organized? Does being the President mean that he should not be organized and should be taking knee jerk decisions? By the way, how many times has the FEC meeting held 3 times a week - in order to underscore urgency?

On another note, is it even fair on the other candidates in the Anambra election to have the President and his Vice leave or postpone state work and spend taxpayers' money to be present at the campaign of one of them? Are campaign expenses, direct and indirect, supposed to be incurred by the state?

I put it to you that the costs of the presence of the President at the campaign was borne by the Nigerian state. Is this fair? Don't tell me that this is how it has always been done because it does not make it right. Change must also start at some point.

I think a sitting President, regardless of his party, should be refrained from being physically present at party campaigns. A President is on the bill of all Nigerians/politicians and should not be seen to be given undue advantage to any party. Moreso, the President should also sit down and work. Nigeria, at this its low development stage, cannot afford a President that goes to state campaigns to utter shameful inanities like the number of Anambra indigenes that own private jets.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by AjaraEwuro: 10:23am On Nov 14, 2013
the regulars are appearing. Seems their blood pressure boils at the mention of GEJ. LOL. But alas, they can only rant online.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by Pukkah: 10:29am On Nov 14, 2013
AjaraEwuro: the regulars are appearing. Seems their blood pressure boils at the mention of GEJ. LOL. But alas, they can only rant online.

Be bold. Be urbane. Debate the issues. Quit insults.

State the reasons why you think the President's presence at the PDP Campaigns in Onitsha is more beneficial to the country that his presence at FEC meeting or CHOGM. I might not know. Explain to me. For now, you've not said anything other than insults.

I know you will defeat me when it comes to insults. But let's debate this and keep it clean.
Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by AjaraEwuro: 10:30am On Nov 14, 2013
Pukkah:

Be bold. Debate the issues. Quit insults.

State the reasons why you think the President's presence at the PDP Campaigns in Onitsha is more beneficial to the country that his presence at FEC meeting or CHOGM. I might not know. Explain to me. For now, you've not said anything other than insults.

I know you will defeat me when it comes to insults. But let's debate this and keep it clean.

Where is the insult? I only made a comment in a country where there is free speech just like you made yours.
Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by Pukkah: 10:32am On Nov 14, 2013
AjaraEwuro:

Where is the insult?

Who are the people ranting?

Who are the regulars?

Who are the people whose 'blood pressure' boils?

Also, how do all these address the issues?
Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by taharqa: 10:32am On Nov 14, 2013
Pukkah:

How is this rubbish journalism?

The FEC meeting did not hold because the President went to Anambra to campaign for the PDP candidate. Because of the same reason, he also shunned the Commonwealth meeting. In fact, he cancelled his trip to CHOGM to attend the rally. Does this make sense?

Is the President's presence for a party campaign more important than at the previously scheduled FEC meeting where important decisions concerning all Nigerians are usually made? Were there no urgent national issues to be discussed or decisions to be taken? Although there's no law that says the FEC must hold every Wednesday but we are talking about seriousness here.

With the level of underdevelopment in Nigeria, and the fact that all the country's peers have left her behind, shouldn't the President's sleeves be rolled up permanently as he goes full throttle to battle developmental issues? Given the state of the country, is there really any time to waste? If the President must be in Onitsha to campaign, must it be at the expense of the FEC meeting? Must he be in Onitsha on that day?

Vice President Sambo was in Anambra less than a week earlier. He led about 60 people to campaign for the PDP candidate. Then 5 days later, our President shunned an important meeting (except you're saying it's not important) and cancelled a CHOGM trip to be in Onitsha for campaigns. It would have been a different thing if he was in Anambra for developmental efforts. Is Nigeria a serious country at all?

The President could create time and attention for campaigns but he's not been able to create attention for corruption, oil theft, restructure of the federation, etc. So what happens after the campaigns, even if the candidate wins? How many of such governors has the President been able to influence to deliver sound governance? Or what's the essence of this whole charade?

You stated that the FEC meeting can hold at any time the President so wishes. But does that show good planning and order? Do you know how the meetings are run and organized? Does being the President mean that he should not be organized and should be taking knee jerk decisions? By the way, how many times has the FEC meeting held 3 times a week - in order to underscore urgency?

On another note, is it even fair on the other candidates in the Anambra election to have the President and his Vice leave or postpone state work and spend taxpayers' money to be present at the campaign of one of them? Are campaign expenses, direct and indirect, supposed to be incurred by the state?

I put it to you that the costs of the presence of the President at the campaign was borne by the Nigerian state. Is this fair? Don't tell me that this is how it has always been done because it does not make it right. Change must also start at some point.

I think a sitting President, regardless of his party, should be refrained from being physically present at party campaigns. A President is on the bill of all Nigerians/politicians and should not be seen to be given undue advantage to any party. Moreso, the President should also sit down and work. Nigeria, at this its low development stage, cannot afford a President that goes to state campaigns to utter shameful inanities like the number of Anambra indigenes that own private jets.

Abeg, SHUT ya mouth joor. STOP Ranting..... Cos a FEC meeting was called-off for just a week, it means Nigeria is in trouble, right? A meeting that can be called, like that poster said, at d discretion of d President ANY TIME he sees fit..... By d way, all these time those so-called G7 Governors and their APC counterpacts hv been gadaviting around d country, 'consulting' with every tom, dick and hilary just so that one of may become President, you guys were hailing them as 'defenders of democracy'; just for only one FEC meeting that has been Postponed by GEJ, una no want let us hear word again because na GEJ..#BladdiHYPOCRITES

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by Pukkah: 10:34am On Nov 14, 2013
AjaraEwuro:

Where is the insult? I only made a comment in a country where there is free speech just like you made yours.

Looks like you've chickened out.

What value did your 'free speech' add to the debate?

By the way, free speech does not give you the right to disparage others.
Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by taharqa: 10:34am On Nov 14, 2013
AjaraEwuro: the regulars are appearing. Seems their blood pressure boils at the mention of GEJ. LOL. But alas, they can only rant online.
Una dey mind d HYPOCRITES... #BunchashamelessNoisemakers
Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by taharqa: 10:38am On Nov 14, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
I remember vividly in 2011 on that same campaign ground in Onitsha during the presidential election campaign which coincidentally held on a Wednesday, Goodluck Jonathan said the Vice President could not attend the campaign because he was heading the FEC meeting in Abuja. He specifically said the business of government, because of its importance, must not be put on hold because of campaign.
Bros, abeg no fezz: WHEN did this tale of yours happen??
Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by Omen100(m): 10:39am On Nov 14, 2013
theshadyexpress:
shutdown!

kids of nowadays, it is so pathatic that you have refused to outgrown being one.
Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by Pukkah: 10:43am On Nov 14, 2013
taharqa: Abeg, SHUT ya mouth joor. STOP Ranting..... Cos a FEC meeting was called-off for just a week, it means Nigeria is in trouble, right? A meeting that can be called, like that poster said, at d discretion of d President ANY TIME he sees fit..... By d way, all these time those so-called G7 Governors and their APC counterpacts hv been gadaviting around d country, 'consulting' with every tom, dick and hilary just so that one of may become President, you guys were hailing them as 'defenders of democracy'; just for only one FEC meeting that has been Postponed by GEJ, una no want let us hear word again because na GEJ..#BladdiHYPOCRITES

1. Show me where I hailed the G7 governors as 'defenders of democracy'. Or when did I become one of 'you guys'? A secondary school kid would not even argue in a shoddy way like this.

2. Even if some people hailed those governors, rightly or wrongly, show me how doing so makes this instant issue right.

3. The FEC meeting has suffered many postponements in the past. This is not the first time. Don't tell me you need to be educated on this. A simple search on this will bring up many links.

4. Alas, you did not address any of the issues I raised. You were just interested in writing 'shut ya mouth joor' and introducing distractions into the mix.

5. Lastly, stop writing like an 'area boy' or a hooligan. It is not good for you. The opening line of your post is very low disappointing. You were ready to remove your shirt and start exchanging blows on a very simple issue. Na wa for some Nigerians o.
Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by Jmain: 10:46am On Nov 14, 2013
Am amazed at the impulse of some of us to rant ceaselessly and foam in the mouth for no cogent reasons. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by Pukkah: 10:47am On Nov 14, 2013
taharqa: Una dey mind d HYPOCRITES... #BunchashamelessNoisemakers

Let's try to stay on the issues and ignore the name calling.

Ok, they are hypocrites.

Ok, they are shameless noisemakers.

But, have you addressed the issues they've raised other than calling them names?

Aren't they also Nigerians?

The issue is: did Nigeria lose anything by the President's action to shun FEC meeting/CHOGM in favour of PDP campaign in Onitsha?
Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by taharqa: 10:53am On Nov 14, 2013
Pukkah:

Be bold. Be urbane. Debate the issues. Quit insults.

My frnd, weekly FEC meetings are not compulsory. It was not stated in the Constitution that FEC must meet every week. That is completely within d discretion of d sitting President to so do. In fact, there was even a time FEC meetings were held fortnightly (ie every 2 weeks), b4 it was made weekly. Plus, a President can call for a FEC meeting ANYTIME he sees fit; like this very President did about 3months ago when he called for another FEC meeting on a Thursday afta d usual Wednesday's meeting held d previous day, in order to discuss d Mid-term Budget Strategy Paper. He chose this time to go for a Political Rally, So??..... The Vice President is currently in Sri Lanka, rep Nigeria at d CHOGM meeting there. That's what Vice Presidents do: deputise for their Principals when he/she is not 'able' to personally perform a function. That is their Job..... Now, STOP d Unnecessary NOISE makin. And, go take a late morning Nap or something if you do not know what to do with ya time

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:54am On Nov 14, 2013
AjaraEwuro:

You made no point.
Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by Pukkah: 11:03am On Nov 14, 2013
taharqa: My frnd, weekly FEC meetings are not compulsory. It was not stated in the Constitution that FEC must meet every week. That is completely within d discretion of d sitting President to so do. In fact, there was even a time FEC meetings were held fortnightly (ie every 2 weeks), b4 it was made weekly. Plus, a President can call for a FEC meeting ANYTIME he sees fit; like this very President did about 3months ago when he called for another FEC meeting on a Thursday afta d usual Wednesday's meeting held d previous day, in order to discuss d Mid-term Budget Strategy Paper...... The Vice President is currently in Sri Lanka, rep Nigeria at d CHOGM meeting there. That's what Vice Presidents do: deputise for their Principals when he/she is not 'able' to personally perform a function...... Now, STOP d Unnecessary NOISE makin. And, go take a late morning Nap or something if you do not know what to do with ya time

1. For whatever reason(s), you are more interested in insults than in calmly reading my posts. Go back to my first post to see what I stated about the meeting and the law.

2. You have only concentrated on the meeting itself. Relate it to what the President left it for in Onitsha. I guess you're just being deliberately hard of hearing.

My points have been made.

I have no time to waste or for endless back and forth. I am not a paid mercenary. You're are here to earn a living.

Thank you.
Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:04am On Nov 14, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
I remember vividly in 2011 on that same campaign ground in Onitsha during the presidential election campaign which coincidentally held on a Wednesday, Goodluck Jonathan said the Vice President could not attend the campaign because he was heading the FEC meeting in Abuja. He specifically said the business of government, because of its importance, must not be put on hold because of campaign.
Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by AjaraEwuro: 11:08am On Nov 14, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
You made no point.

I know you will be here. Igbo hater.
Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by Omen100(m): 11:09am On Nov 14, 2013
Orlando Owoh:

the hypocritical nature of jonathan & his goons can't be quantified and I just pity the ignorance of people who called themselves his supporters for they will continue to languish in his twofaced style of deceitful world of misleading leadership. The people of the south & the east will be at the receiving end because jonathan will remain untouchable & the man will go to the North & West to applause them, called them great leaders.

Make I take position jst dey look as event unfold.
Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by AjaraEwuro: 11:09am On Nov 14, 2013
Pukkah:

Looks like you've chickened out.

What value did your 'free speech' add to the debate?

By the way, free speech does not give you the right to disparage others.

No - I didnt chicken out, I just dont have time to foam in the mouth for no reason. Hope this is not an insult.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by taharqa: 11:14am On Nov 14, 2013
AjaraEwuro:

No - I didnt chicken out, I just dont have time to foam in the mouth for no reason. Hope this is not an insult.
I endorse this too. And am out...
Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:39am On Nov 14, 2013
How can a President that set up a committee for the proposed national conference be in a garthering where hate remarks on a particular ethnic group is being made?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by Ngokafor(f): 12:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
taharqa: You go fear na.....@Pataki, don suddenly become Igbo cos of Anambra election grin.... Kai! APC and NOISEMAKING

Lolzz!..na so we see amoo!..hehe..
Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
i just can't fathom the epitome of foolishness we display in this mumudom called nigeria. my heart bleed. cry
Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by hercules07: 12:59pm On Nov 14, 2013
@Pukkah

Just take it easy, worst case scenario, GEJ will leave Aso Rock by 2019, definitely power is going back to the North, let us record the utterances of his supporters, when someone else gets there and do the same, we shall wait for them to criticise, then, we shall bring out their records. The president cancelled FEC meetings, cancelled an international engagement and sat at a rally where hatred and ethnic bigotry was being heaped on a region, the SW is listening and watching, the statement of Eze and Akpabio will come back to haunt GEJ in 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by Omen100(m): 1:52pm On Nov 14, 2013
Orlando Owoh: How can a President that set up a committee for the proposed national conference be in a garthering where hate remarks on a particular ethnic group is being made?

You have said it all.
Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by Pukkah: 9:28pm On Nov 14, 2013
hercules07: @Pukkah

Just take it easy, worst case scenario, GEJ will leave Aso Rock by 2019, definitely power is going back to the North, let us record the utterances of his supporters, when someone else gets there and do the same, we shall wait for them to criticise, then, we shall bring out their records. The president cancelled FEC meetings, cancelled an international engagement and sat at a rally where hatred and ethnic bigotry was being heaped on a region, the SW is listening and watching, the statement of Eze and Akpabio will come back to haunt GEJ in 2015.

Oh yes.

The chickens will come back home to roost. They always do.
Re: Jonathan Abandons FEC Meeting For Anambra Campaign by Pukkah: 3:45pm On Nov 17, 2013
With the results filtering in from Anambra, the President's visit to Anambra to campaign has turned out to be a waste of time.

The FEC meeting was cancelled for nothing. His absence at CHOGM served no good whatsoever.

Again, I reiterate the call that a sitting President should stay away from party campaigns in any state.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Trouble With The Nigerian Health Sector / Buhari's Certificate Is Fake (opinion) / Protest Against Buhari In USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.