Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

What Does Marriage Mean To You? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does Marriage Mean To You? (12934 Views)

Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? / Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? / Does Marriage Really Mean Settling Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 18, 2013
Keneking:

Fallacy
U say ?
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
You need to get a life insurance to start. One institution i am yet to decide undecided
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
2 compatible ppl coming2geda.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by joe4christ(m): 9:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
iluvweed: Marriage to my own understanding means naively committing yourself to one person for the rest of your life... undecided, while choosing to ignore the fact that in a few years say 5-10yrs they are going to become the most boring, annoying, aggravating, foolish, bad-mannered, unattractive slob you've ever met.... embarassed, and you're going to wake up every morning wondering what the HELL you were thinking when you were scoping yourself that you'd be happy forever with this person you can hardly stand!.............. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Then you get divorced, and fight over the kids for the next 10-20yrs........ grin grin grin grin grin grin

You badt o grin grin cheesy
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by amanikondo: 9:19pm On Nov 18, 2013
You rub my back I rub your back.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Sagamite(m): 12:19am On Nov 19, 2013
In the West, Marriage is like a hurricane.

It starts off with a lot of sucking and blowing and ends up with you losing your bloody house.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by THUNDER4real(m): 8:19am On Nov 19, 2013
Roland17: A situation when you finally realize and accept that "LOVE IS NOT EVERYTHING"
marriage is falling in "LOVE WITH THE SAME PERSON OVER AND OVER AGAIN NO MATTER WHAT" Therefore, your idea that love is not everything in marriage is hereby rejected.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Muttex(m): 3:09pm On Nov 19, 2013
Marriage is more than all the definitions here.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Sagamite(m): 3:36pm On Nov 19, 2013
THUNDER4real: marriage is falling in "LOVE WITH THE SAME PERSON OVER AND OVER AGAIN NO MATTER WHAT" Therefore, your idea that love is not everything in marriage is hereby rejected.

What about if you fall in love with someone else while you are married?
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by princesa(f): 9:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
iluvweed:
Marriage to my own understanding means naively committing yourself to one person for the rest of your life... undecided, while choosing to ignore the fact that in a few years say 5-10yrs they are going to become the most boring, annoying, aggravating, foolish, bad-mannered, unattractive slob you've ever met.... embarassed, and you're going to wake up every morning wondering what the HELL you were thinking when you were scoping yourself that you'd be happy forever with this person you can hardly stand!.............. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Then you get divorced, and fight over the kids for the next 10-20yrs........ grin grin grin grin grin grin

you just scared me embarassed
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Tyomo: 6:59am On Nov 20, 2013
Marriage is a school u can never graduate from. Its planning d remaining part of ur life with someone u love and can't live without, setting goals together and achieving them, having children and training them to take after u. Loving and being with one person all ur life and sharing all ur earthly possessions with ur family. Ur family will be ur best friend, confidant, planners and all to u.
But men ve turned it otherwise.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by THUNDER4real(m): 1:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
Sagamite:

What about if you fall in love with someone else while you are married?
why don't you re-phrase your question: what about if you fall in lust with someone else while you are married?
N.B; what many of you call love is just an emotional feeling which will wear out with time.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Sagamite(m): 4:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
THUNDER4real: why don't you re-phrase your question: what about if you fall in lust with someone else while you are married?
N.B; what many of you call love is just an emotional feeling which will wear out with time.

That is a second and separate question.

Answer the one I asked you. I don't need to rephrase it.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by THUNDER4real(m): 12:54pm On Nov 21, 2013
Sagamite:

That is a second and separate question.

Answer the one I asked you. I don't need to rephrase it.
you need to rephrase it because you don't know the meaning of the word "love" if you know the meaning, you don't need to ask that question at the first place
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Sagamite(m): 1:00pm On Nov 21, 2013
THUNDER4real: you need to rephrase it because you don't know the meaning of the word "love" if you know the meaning, you don't need to ask that question at the first place

Ah, okay!

I no know say that na my case o.

Abeg, please helep me.

Give me a lecture on what is "love", I wan learn.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by dahmie2013: 2:17pm On Nov 21, 2013
Its getting a sex license! Daz all!
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by THUNDER4real(m): 5:35pm On Nov 21, 2013
Sagamite:

Ah, okay!

I no know say that na my case o.

Abeg, please helep me.

Give me a lecture on what is "love", I wan learn.
I can't start giving you lecture on love but i have one definition of love for you: " love is not only something you feel, it is something you do " also coming down to your question about falling in love with some one else while your still married, the simple answer is that the giving of love is an education in itself, we as human determines who we give our love or not when we really understands what is love. for example we don't really need to have emotional feeling when we say we love God but by practicalizing those things he wants us to do. this is also applicable to a man - woman relationship,where they both does things that pleases the opposite partner in marriage. there/4 saying you love sm1 out of marriage is lust, and that emotional feeling you have for that person will wear out with time.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Sagamite(m): 10:43am On Nov 22, 2013
THUNDER4real: I can't start giving you lecture on love but i have one definition of love for you: " love is not only something you feel, it is something you do " also coming down to your question about falling in love with some one else while your still married, the simple answer is that the giving of love is an education in itself, we as human determines who we give our love or not when we really understands what is love. for example we don't really need to have emotional feeling when we say we love God but by practicalizing those things he wants us to do. this is also applicable to a man - woman relationship,where they both does things that pleases the opposite partner in marriage. there/4 saying you love sm1 out of marriage is lust, and that emotional feeling you have for that person will wear out with time.

Oh, Mr Lecturer! grin

So to you love is a choice? grin grin grin

You can choose who you want to love? You choose who you are attracted to? grin

So I guess you, as a knowledgeable person on "love", can choose and determine to love this person?

So in your understanding of love (a word which I obvioously do not understand as you said), the love between a man and woman is the same kind of love between man and his God?

Ah, Professor in Love ni wo! Na you be PhD holder in the understanding of love. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by THUNDER4real(m): 12:53pm On Nov 22, 2013
Sagamite:

Oh, Mr Lecturer! grin

So to you love is a choice? grin grin grin

You can choose who you want to love? You choose who you are attracted to? grin

So I guess you, as a knowledgeable person on "love", can choose and determine to love this person?

So in your understanding of love (a word which I obvioously do not understand as you said), the love between a man and woman is the same kind of love between man and his God?

Ah, Professor in Love ni wo! Na you be PhD holder in the understanding of love. grin grin grin grin grin
i know your problem is that you want to learn how to love one girl that you have been eyeing since not knowing your problem is LUST.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Sagamite(m): 1:27pm On Nov 22, 2013
THUNDER4real: i know your problem is that you want to learn how to love one girl that you have been eyeing since not knowing your problem is LUST.

Ahhh!

The classic strawman attempt. grin grin grin grin grin

"I can't answer, so I will deflect by attacking with some conjecture/sophism that is irrelevant to the point so I can deflect and misdirect the debate". grin

No, my problem is with the people that regurgitate silly platitudes they have heard but have never deemed it reasonable to challenge, think and qualify it. They regurgitate it yakata hoping to get a standing ovation and encomiums on the back of the silly utterance and get some affirmation that they have said something intelligent.

Then only for such people to quibble, fumble and struggle when they are queried on the merits and logic behind that silly platitude they take pride in stating.

Next time, think through things you hear and stop vomiting it and think you are saying something intelligent.

When next your Pastor says such, raise up your hand, stand up and say "Excuse me, Sir, you dey chat shyt"!
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by deols(f): 2:31pm On Nov 22, 2013
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by deols(f): 2:31pm On Nov 22, 2013
To me, marriage is a commitment.

Whom you have it with and how go a long way in how successful it is.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by THUNDER4real(m): 5:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
Sagamite:

Ahhh!

The classic strawman attempt. grin grin grin grin grin

"I can't answer, so I will deflect by attacking with some conjecture/sophism that is irrelevant to the point so I can deflect and misdirect the debate". grin

No, my problem is with the people that regurgitate silly platitudes they have heard but have never deemed it reasonable to challenge, think and qualify it. They regurgitate it yakata hoping to get a standing ovation and encomiums on the back of the silly utterance and get some affirmation that they have said something intelligent.

Then only for such people to quibble, fumble and struggle when they are queried on the merits and logic behind that silly platitude they take pride in stating.:

Next time, think through things you hear and stop vomiting it and think you are saying something intelligent.

When next your Pastor says such, raise up your hand, stand up and say "Excuse me, Sir, you dey chat shyt"!
Do you think we are in court? or do you think we are in Nationa Assembly? its good to challenge facts but the problem is when you are confused and still you re challenging facts. my advice from me to you is to sit down on your chair and think deeply what love is.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Sagamite(m): 5:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
THUNDER4real: Do you think we are in court? or do you think we are in Nationa Assembly? its good to challenge facts but the problem is when you are confused and still you re challenging facts. my advice from me to you is to sit down on your chair and think deeply what love is.

You don't need to be in court or national assembly to make sense.

When you speak publicly, it is good for your image to make sense, otherwise it is better to be quiet and thought a foool than speak out and remove all doubt.

Only state things in public you are confident enough to defend. That is not confusion, that is just a plain old-fashion way of being sensible.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by lynk106: 4:33am On Nov 23, 2013
THUNDER4real: Do you think we are in court? or do you think we are in Nationa Assembly? its good to challenge facts but the problem is when you are confused and still you re challenging facts. .

arguing with sagamite is like arguing with a 4 yr old.
good luck!!
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by lynk106: 4:38am On Nov 23, 2013
THUNDER4real: why don't you re-phrase your question: what about if you fall in lust with someone else while you are married?

I completely agree with you here. People confuse lust(or crush) with love.
Imagine what d world would look like if people just followed the dictates of their lustful/crushy feelings. There will be tons of murders, heinous crime, suicides, battery etc all based on selfish desires mistaken as "love" and whatnot. I can't even imagine.
That's what people don't understand. love is a verb. It is an action word. you love by your actions. That's why love is not for the irresponsible or immature.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/johnmayer/loveisaverb.html
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2013
lynk106:

Imagine what d world would look like if people just followed the dictates of their lustful/crushy feelings. There will be tons of murders, heinous crime, suicides, battery etc all based on selfish desires mistaken as "love" and whatnot. I can't even imagine.
That's what people don't understand. love is a verb. It is an action word. you love by your actions. That's why love is not for the irresponsible or immature.

this is one of the reasons why f.aggotry should be made illegal in public
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by THUNDER4real(m): 2:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
Sagamite:

You don't need to be in court or national assembly to make sense.

When you speak publicly, it is good for your image to make sense, otherwise it is better to be quiet and thought a foool than speak out and remove all doubt.

Only state things in public you are confident enough to defend. That is not confusion, that is just a plain old-fashion way of being sensible.
Guy you are really arguing facts that are already there. its only fools that allow history to happen again in their life time and affect them negatively
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Sagamite(m): 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
THUNDER4real: Guy you are really arguing facts that are already there. its only fools that allow history to happen again in their life time and affect them negatively

Facts?

How is it facts?

Facts are not provable?

Or facts are anything a person pulls from his arse?

Please explain to me how it is a fact.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Sagamite(m): 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2013
lynk106:

arguing with sagamite is like arguing with a 4 yr old.
good luck!!

Shut up, moronic fa.ggot!
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Sagamite(m): 7:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
lynk106:

person, love is an action?

So feelings are now actions?

An emotional phase is an action?

Don't understand the comprehensive meaning of a word before you open your cretinous gob?

Cretinous fagg!

So you faggs choose to love? It is a choice since "love is an action" not an "innate feeling"? If that is the case, your deviant arsse should be shot!
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 25, 2013
Sagamite:

person, love is an action?

So feelings are now actions?

An emotional phase is an action?

Don't understand the comprehensive meaning of a word before you open your crtetinous gob?

Cretinous fagg!

So you faggs choose to love? It is a choice since "love is an action" not an "innate feeling"? If that is the case, your deviant arsse should be shot!

a million likes

infact one million and one likes!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Cheat On Your Husband Without Being Caught / Loosed Vagina / Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.