Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,727 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

What Does Marriage Mean To You? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does Marriage Mean To You? (12921 Views)

Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? / Does Marriage Mean More Expenses? / Does Marriage Really Mean Settling Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Lilimax(f): 1:58pm On Nov 18, 2013
donguutti: MARRIAGE - A Place Where unhappy people Go, to either find happiness or make others Unhappy grin
grin
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 18, 2013
handelex: Marriage is like a three-speed gearbox: affection,
friendship, love.

Does this suggest that it is motor-cycle or okada?
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by omodapson(m): 1:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
A union where the man loses his right and the woman gains every thing. Sound dumb but that is it IMO

1 Like

Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by crackhaus: 2:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
Marriage is that feeling of suffocation or drowning, except there is always a SCUBA attached to help you breath and stay alive in the water or to resurface.

1 Like

Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by lynk106: 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
In the late 60s through the 70s and earlier part of the 80s, marriage was seen as what a man and a woman go into for the rest of their lives; it was very odd to hear of separation and divorce.
. I cannot recall gay being associated with homosexuality as a synonym.

abeg go and sit down.
Have you ever heard of something called POLYGAMOUS MARRIAGE? CHILD MARRIAGE? ARRANGED MARRIAGE? ABUSIVE MARRIAGE ETC

see as he is pretending as if marriage has always been the same happy perfect cookie-cutter christian activity between one man and one woman. 1980s ko, 2050 ni. Did Fela and his harem of 30 wives exist before 1980? abi you want to pretend as if you did not know that happened in the 90s.
Marriage has existed even before christianity existed. read your bible well.

Marriage will continue to exist for a long time in various forms. Look at him preteding as if he has never heard of a separated couple before. Just because they don't call themselves divorced doesn't mean they did not separate and find new wives/husbands even if they move to a different state to do it. The only difference is that men used to do it (a man will leave his wife and go and find another wife) but now, women can do it too. women are free to re-marry as well.

Just as we now have women pastors and preachers etc. I see you mention catholic church. oh I forgot, catholic church still bans women from preaching. Catholic church also ban people from using condoms.

Last time I checked, Mary the mother of Jesus was a young girl. that makes her marriage to Joseph qualify as CHILD MARRIAGE.
It will be considered a crime today in 2013 in many parts of the world (except maybe middle east)!!

Times change. live with it!!
abi we should also still be killing twins?

each person should define marriage for himself/herself jare.

2 Likes

Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by lirusehn(m): 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by lirusehn(m): 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2013
marriage is a mirage
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2013
Marriage is where women, legally hustle men into slavery ; moan in pleasure at night and cry and complain by day, while the man bears his pain grudginly without complaint.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Sike(m): 2:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ruq: Signing up for one pusssy for life.
You wish!
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Iceman296: 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2013
Sijo01: Marriage is the greatest form of love, and it is a sacred bond only two people can share. It means tolerance, perseverance, respect, understanding, sacrifices etc.
True That!
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by IAMBREEZY: 2:25pm On Nov 18, 2013
Ruq: Signing up for one pusssy for life.
hmmm for your mind.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by atikubaba(m): 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2013
Marriage means choosing to watch only one channel (whether boring or intresting),even if u have muliti choice otherwise u hv cheated.

2 Likes

Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by bukatyne(f): 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
Marriage is the union of a man and woman to fulfill their dreams, ambitions and destiny together. For a marriage to succeed, the couple must have goals/vision,work towards them and fulfill together.

# When I say successful, I am not referring to the length or the wealth that exchange hands; I am talking of one they fulfilled the purpose they came together. They multiplied in all aspects and their home brings glory to God

Sorry, I do not have the Nigerian dictionary/Bible grin

1 Like

Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
For me, marriage is true companionship.... Being there , for the high and the low times and yea , least I forget also expanding the family cheesy...
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Shinelle(f): 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
Marriage- Hmm Its jus a Legal/religious way to Procreate cos otherwise, I don't see why two ppl would be stuck 2geda for years.... The thought of it scares d shit out of me....
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
crackhaus: Marriage is that feeling of suffocation or drowning, except there is always a SCUBA attached to help you breath and stay alive in the water or to resurface.
similarly, Marriage is like a long trip in a tiny rowboat: if one
passenger starts to rock the boat, the other has to
steady it; otherwise they’ll go to bottom together.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by TheProdigy(m): 3:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
BY ALL MEANS MARRY ... IF YOU GET A GOOD SPOUSE, YOU'LL BE HAPPY ... IF YOU GET A BAD ONE, YOU'LL BE A PHILOSOPHER... ~Plato

1 Like

Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
Keneking:

Does this suggest that it is motor-cycle or okada?
if that's how you understand it.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Decryptor(m): 3:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
A Quicker way to Die!
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by salt1: 3:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
Marriage is a journey, not a destination. Sometimes bumpy, sometimes smooth. Sometimes pleasurable and sometimes downright aggravating!
Love is a tiny fraction in the composition because sometimes you fall out of love, rally and fall in love again with the same person.

It is a commitment. A test of maturity.
Btw, I'm married and even though it's not "lived happily ever after", I am so glad to be married
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
omodapson: A union where the man loses his right and the woman gains every thing. Sound dumb but that is it IMO
Huh
On what basis did you form this opinion of yours? Because it is the complete opposite
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
when i hear d word 'marriage' am scared to death,maybe my parents are divorced,maybe not......
Scared of being commited,though am faithful in relationship....but cant endure a marriage if thingz turnz sour.....Lord help me,hear my supplicationz....
Its a big sin and mistake if anyone fail maritally
what scares me most is that u are already in d game b4 u knw it @times there is no going back coz @ first u think u made d perfect choice,but as times goes on,u start seeing thingz wrong,many broken homes today that many top men of God even fail in this dreaded institution
maybe one of d reasonz SEUN havnt married
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
Marriage scares the hell out of me
The mere thought of being stuck to someone for the rest of my life and I hate divorce!

God help me

1 Like

Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by ayos82: 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2013
It means noting to me grin

1 Like

Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Mintayo(m): 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
Marriage is an eternal covenant between two imperfect people to love one another unconditionally.
It is loving the imperfect person perfectly.cheesy
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by joelenesleek(f): 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
Legal sex + a spacious Private kitchen.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by rhames(m): 5:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
Marriage organises the free spending bachelor in finance and other aspects of life.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by baba11(m): 5:15pm On Nov 18, 2013
Marriage to me is not what many of you think of.It is an eternal union to complete me.What i mean is d@,i will not marry for marrying's sake rather i will go for my other half.Don't marry because of love,beauty,wealth but compatibility,understanding,focus.Why do i even marry someone i can't converse with for 3hrs non-stop as the case maybe?otherwise = divorce!!!

1 Like

Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 18, 2013
do you know that in spanish, the word "wife" and "handcuffs" have the same spelling, pronounciation and meaning.

the only difference is in the context of usage
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Orjioorji(f): 5:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
from sociological point of view its a social union btween two people. presently marriage is just a mear lisence to sex
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Rejoice5000(f): 7:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
MARRIAGE MEANS HEAVEN ON EARTH WHEN U ARE WITH THE GOD ORDAINED PARTNER.
Re: What Does Marriage Mean To You? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
Roland17: A situation when you finally realize and accept that "LOVE IS NOT EVERYTHING"
sensibly described !!

So what are the other things pls ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Ideal To Ask One's Kid To Fight Back / MOTHERS’ DAY: A Poem Dedicated To All Mothers / Which Bank Is The Best To Open A Kiddies Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.