Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,932 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Must A Muslim Get Married? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Must A Muslim Get Married? (10950 Views)

20 Signs Of Weak Iman (Faith) in a Muslim / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / She's A Christian,am A Muslim. Can This Marriage Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by baba11(m): 4:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
morufoye: women are like shadows. you chase them they run away from you and you run away from them they chase you. no woman is worth making you go against an established sunnah of 'al mustopha', the greatest example to the mankind. (saw) let her go and she will be replaced with a more pious, humble and beautiful muslimah.

1 Like

Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by simdam500(m): 4:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
why would u meet a lady/lad today, neither did u spend years togeda and conclude he/she is a soulmate... *maybe blinded by infatuation* or *maybe i myself dont believe in soulmate whatever* smh... theres always a next bus to take joorh...

And op. didnt u know that other people 4rm oda belief might wanna read
please write d meanin of those sign in bracket *nxt time just saying*
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by Jprincess: 5:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
Slm, Marriage is sunnah of d prophet(s.a.w)so far u can take her responsibity,4 every muslim 2 b complete in his/her deen he/she must get maried.dnt b discourage by heartbroken wat is meant 4 u wil certainly nt pass u by.she is nt ur,may allah (swt) giv u d flesh of ur bone
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by Noor6009(m): 5:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
[quote author=baba11][/quote]
Well said,bro.i belive the should just face the reality and let go.Allah knows,and He will provide him with a woman that will be d coolness of his eyes.
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by baba11(m): 5:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
Allah knows better.....
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by RazziP(m): 5:55pm On Nov 18, 2013
Urgently needed, a muslim lady for a serious relationship...
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by moscobabs(m): 6:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
lanrexlan: Muslims are encouraged to get married.According to the sayings of prophet Muhammad(pbuh).It is narrated on the [color=#006600]authority of Anas bin Malik(May Allah be pleased with him):A group of three men came to the houses of the wives of the Prophet(pbuh) asking how the Prophet worshipped (Allah),and when they were informed about that,they considered their worship insufficient and said, "Where are we from the Prophet as his past and future sins have been forgiven."
Then one of them said, "I will offer the prayer throughout the night forever." The other said,"I will fast throughout the year and will not break my fast." The third said, "I will keep away from the women and will not marry forever."
Allah's Apostle came to them and said, "Are you the same people who said so-and-so? By Allah,I am more submissive to Allah and more afraid of Him than you;yet I fast and break my fast,I do sleep and I also marry women.So he who does not follow my tradition in religion,is not from me (not one of my followers)[Sahih Al Bukhari Volume 7,Book 62,Hadith Number 1]

Narrated 'Abdullah(May Allah be pleased with him):We were with the Prophet(pbuh) while we were young and had no wealth whatever.So Allah's Apostle(pbuh) said, "O young people! Whoever among you can marry,should marry because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.),and whoever is not able to marry,should fast as fasting diminishes his sexual power[Sahih Al-Bukhari,Volume 7,Book 62,Hadith Number 4][/color
According to Sufyân Ibn Uyaynah (May Allah have Mercy on him),he said:The most nimble of creatures still have need of a voice.The cleverest women still need to have a husband,and the cleverest man still needs to consult wise men.
I,m not a muslim but im touched with this I need more pls but before pls ..permision to post it on my fb wall? jazakum-lahi haran!!

1 Like

Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by lanrexlan(m): 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2013
moscobabs:
I,m not a muslim but im touched with this I need more pls but before pls ..permision to post it on my fb wall? jazakum-lahi haran!!
Feel free bro.Wa Iyyakum
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by CaptJHMiller: 7:44pm On Nov 18, 2013
deols: This is a post heartbreak disorder.

gosh!!! How do you give a human being that much control over your life?

Are you saying that you are not good enough to find someone else to live your life with?? haba!!

Even someone better than her?

Trust me, if you try too hard to stay on while she's done with you, she won't ever respect you but will resent you more.

Oya get up jorhhhh and do something impprtant with your life. Before you know it, a better Muslimah would be ready to spend her life with you. Let this one go and wish her the best as you hope for the best for yourself too.

You shouldn't have jumped to concusion that way, Its not heart break.. Its just an ideology I had a long time ago that is resurfacing.
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by Ceede19: 8:03pm On Nov 18, 2013
Please you have 2 get married if nt you will regret in d days 2 come.
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by Gorrbachev: 8:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
Assalam..
I am a young muslim brother, growing up I never gave much taught to marriage as I knew I wouldn't marry till I was much older, as I grew older I started to reason not to get married until I meet a luvly muslimah. She is no doubt what I have dreamt of in a wife and more, I was able to convince myself we were meant for each other and we will spend our lives together and forever both in this dunya and akhira. One of my best moment was when we agreed to choose each other when we meet in الجنة , insha Alla.h..
Recently, it started to fall apart and we fought so often. I tried my best, put my ego and pride aside just so it will work but it just is not. I am a very simple person and believe so much In اللَّه سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى will, but in this case it has been so difficult for me to just let be what will be, I have just tried to fight and fight to make it work. Maybe because I believe if I should lose her I'll probably never look to get married and will never get married.
Now I have started to go back to my previous ideology, I know marriage is half of your deen and it completes it, but is it forbidden not to marry?

My plan is to adopt children إنْ شَآ ءَ اللّهُ

جَزَاكُمُ اللّهُ
NB__ its not that I don't believe .اللَّه سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى will replace her with someone better.

How else do you expect the ummah to take over the world in future? You have to marry to multiply and take over dunia. marry 4, oga at the top said so, the army needs soldiers. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by Boscog(m): 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
Adopt n make concubines grin grin is among : grin grin
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by ayenny02(m): 8:22pm On Nov 18, 2013
Fatwas of the Permanent Committee

Question:
Is marriage obligatory for a Man/ woman who can control his/her sexual desire and who refuses marriage to be able to devote his/her life to worship and to avoid having marital responsibilities?

Answer:
Allah (Glorified and Exalted be He) legislated marriage, as He (may He Praised and Exalted) says:

And marry those among you who are single (i.e. a man who has no wife and the woman who has no husband) and (also marry) the Sâlihûn (pious, fit and capable ones) of your (male) slaves and maid-servants (female slaves). If they be poor, Allâh will enrich them out of His Bounty. [The Qur'an 24:32]

Also the Prophet (peace be upon him) commanded us to get married. On the authority of `Abdullah ibn Mas`ud (may Allah be pleased with him) that Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: 'O young people! Whoever among you is able to marry, should marry, for marriage would help him lower his gaze and keep his virtuousness and whoever is not able to marry, is recommended to fast, for fasting would diminish his sexual power. (Related by Al-Bukhari and Muslim, and this is their wording, also related by Abu Dawud, Al-Tirmidhy, and Al-Nasa'y)

In the Hadith that relates the story of three people who went to ask about the worship of the Prophet (peace be upon him), when they were told about the Prophet's worship, they considered it to be little. In this story one of the three people said: I will keep away from women and will not marry forever. The Prophet (peace be upon him) told that man and his companions that he (peace be upon him) fasts and breaks his fast, prays and sleeps and also marries women. Then he said, "So he who does not follow my Sunnah is not from me (not one of my followers)." The Hadith of this story is related in full by Al-Bukhari. This story includes a sign from the Prophet (peace be upon him) warning against monasticism practiced by men and women among the Jews and Christians. The woman asking this question should not stay without a husband. May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.

The Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by 3nairalandcom: 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2013
It is not easy getting a believing woman,if per chance you get one it is a responsibility on you to endure with alot of her act because Allah say one of d criteria for paradise is patience,if one is not patient woe unto him and he can as a result of that die
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by eyinjubaby(f): 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
I pray Allah give u d wisdom to understand!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by arije091: 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2013
Truly marriage in Islam is sunnah but the prophet said تركت في كم أمرين لن تضل بهما، الكتاب و السنة.. الكتاب يعني القرآن... My brother
you have to get married
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by freshboi34(m): 10:24pm On Nov 18, 2013
lafex: ASSALAM ALAEKUM
I am also experiencing similar issue and I understand how you are feeling. You serious prayer and patience.
it is highly forbiding in islam to make a decision not to marry. There are many hadiths that condemn such and I think the closest of them to your issue is quoted thus(I am sorry for not quoting it word for word)
'three men went to the prophet, the first said I will never get married, the second said I will never sleep at night because of prayer and the third said I will keep fasting everyday till I die. The prophet replied them that I am the best among human and I am married, sleep and wake up, and fast and break'.
So you have no reason to take a decision not to marry. If you feel giving up with her is better, that means that is not the type of wife you dreamt of. Then leave her and continue journey for searching a wife.
I PRAY THAT MAY ALMIGHTY GIVE US THE BEST OF WIFE
AMEEN

Fink d hadith iz buttressing on how dey fink wil make dem more pious to allah..I stand to b corrected..
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by muktarmtt(m): 10:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
the prophet muhammad (saw) said get married bear children multiply in number i will b froud of u in d day of judgement as my people.
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by informatix: 11:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
Capt. JH Miller:
Assalam..
I am a young muslim brother, growing up I never gave much taught to marriage as I knew I wouldn't marry till I was much older, as I grew older I started to reason not to get married until I meet a luvly muslimah. She is no doubt what I have dreamt of in a wife and more, I was able to convince myself we were meant for each other and we will spend our lives together and forever both in this dunya and akhira. One of my best moment was when we agreed to choose each other when we meet in الجنة , insha Alla.h..
Recently, it started to fall apart and we fought so often. I tried my best, put my ego and pride aside just so it will work but it just is not. I am a very simple person and believe so much In اللَّه سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى will, but in this case it has been so difficult for me to just let be what will be, I have just tried to fight and fight to make it work. Maybe because I believe if I should lose her I'll probably never look to get married and will never get married.
Now I have started to go back to my previous ideology, I know marriage is half of your deen and it completes it, but is it forbidden not to marry?

My plan is to adopt children إنْ شَآ ءَ اللّهُ

جَزَاكُمُ اللّهُ
NB__ its not that I don't believe .اللَّه سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَى will replace her with someone better.
My advice to you is to go to church and marry I advice alot of Muslims to marry from the followers of Isa Ibn Maryam(Jesus). The practice of marrying from the followers of Jesus was well encouraged Islam. Islam believed in Jesus as a Messenger of God with miracles born by virgin mother Maryam with no father. Marry from church problems solved but make sure u iron out about ur children finish no problem.
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by V6ix(m): 5:45am On Nov 19, 2013
OFF COS
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by opendo21(m): 5:54am On Nov 19, 2013
informatix: My advice to you is to go to church and marry I advice alot of Muslims to marry from the followers of Isa Ibn Maryam(Jesus). The practice of marrying from the followers of Jesus was well encouraged Islam. Islam believed in Jesus as a Messenger of God with miracles born by virgin mother Maryam with no father. Marry from church problems solved but make sure u iron out about ur children finish no problem.
Convincing both parents might be easier but the real issue is getting to iron out that children part. How do you go about that without seeming selfish particularly if she's also a devoted christian. Moreover mothers are always closer to their children and emotions may come into play later. I don't want to get into a situation where I force my kids to accept my faith. It has to be their own free will though with guidance from me. May Allah help us all.

2 Likes

Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by Hussain02: 5:57am On Nov 19, 2013
A must get married even if u are d less privilege in da society cos d prophet said Celibacy is not written on we da Muslims I e No reverend Father among us

1 Like

Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by deols(f): 6:06am On Nov 19, 2013
informatix: My advice to you is to go to church and marry I advice alot of Muslims to marry from the followers of Isa Ibn Maryam(Jesus). The practice of marrying from the followers of Jesus was well encouraged Islam. Islam believed in Jesus as a Messenger of God with miracles born by virgin mother Maryam with no father. Marry from church problems solved but make sure u iron out about ur children finish no problem.

If every Muslim goes to church to marry, what happens to the female Muslims.

I can't even believe I read this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by FiftyFifty(m): 6:41am On Nov 19, 2013
Bro, life is notin but a theatre of solvin problems & d ability 2 pick up after falling down is wat dtermines a real man. One of d greatest mistakes u can make in ur life is 2 allow some1 determine ur destiny. Ur wife(?) may end up marrying some1 else, continue with her life of course. Make up ur mind, pray 2 Allah for help, u will certainly get urself a good-pious-wife. I was jilted by a girl I thought will make a good wife, I was hurt but not mortally. I closed dt chapter & started all over again: believe me u, what Allah gave me is beyond my expectations. I‘m indeed grateful to Allah for making ds lady part of me. She has everytin I need in a woman & even more. 2 yrs after our marriage, Allah Has blessed me with so many things, few among them are: a new good job; a new house; a new car; a baby boy; & above all a peace of mind; (among others).
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by lookmangiw(m): 8:45am On Nov 19, 2013
tbaba1234: I feel this decision is coming from heart-break. It will pass, eventually.

Bf-Gf relationships are haram anyway. Don't worry, your mind will change when you meet another nice muslimah, in sha Allah.
Tbaba, How are you doing today, Hope you are doing fine. Concerning your post, you said boyfriend/ Girlfriend relationship is haram in islam, but I'm currently dating a woman now, just 4 months old. What am I suppose to do? Cos at the moment, I don't think I'm really in the best position to get married, should I break up with her?
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by yusufk: 8:56am On Nov 19, 2013
That's what i dont understand... which hadith or Aayah says that marriage is half of your deen? i have been goin through books but i cudn't find it.
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by baba11(m): 9:00am On Nov 19, 2013
lookmangiw: Tbaba, How are you doing today, Hope you are doing fine. Concerning your post, you said boyfriend/ Girlfriend relationship is haram in islam, but I'm currently dating a woman now, just 4 months old. What am I suppose to do? Cos at the moment, I don't think I'm really in the best position to get married, should I break up with her?
Concerning your signature:Do u even know them or mere hearsay?
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by baba11(m): 9:02am On Nov 19, 2013
yusufk: That's what i dont understand... which hadith or Aayah says that marriage is half of your deen? i have been goin through books but i cudn't find it.
.....go tru right 'books'....
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by baba11(m): 9:05am On Nov 19, 2013
deols:

If every Muslim goes to church to marry, what happens to the female Muslims.

I can't even believe I read this.
....exactly my thought....
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by lafex: 9:11am On Nov 19, 2013
freshboi34:

Fink d hadith iz buttressing on how dey fink wil make dem more pious to allah..I stand to b corrected..
you are right, hadith simply means that they believe that taking those decisions will increase their ibadah while the prophet is telling them that those decisions are totally wrong. therefore anybody to take any of the decisons is wrong
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by baba11(m): 9:12am On Nov 19, 2013
informatix: My advice to you is to go to church and marry I advice alot of Muslims to marry from the followers of Isa Ibn Maryam(Jesus). The practice of marrying from the followers of Jesus was well encouraged Islam. Islam believed in Jesus as a Messenger of God with miracles born by virgin mother Maryam with no father. Marry from church problems solved but make sure u iron out about ur children finish no problem.I am very sure you are a christian,if they go and marry in church,what fate do you want to befall our sisters?Don't be selfish!
Re: Must A Muslim Get Married? by Tapray: 12:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
It's really not easy finding a practising Muslim lady to marry. I have friends that has been searching for a while. If you've tried and she is still not ready to continue with you. Continue to pray and keep searching. I pray Almighty Allah will give you your soul mate.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is Really The Last Prophet? Muhammad, Jesus Or A Beast? / Sunni Rebels Desecrate Grave And Exhume Body Of Noble Companion In Syria / Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.