Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,959 members, 7,835,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? (10966 Views)

Cupping [hijama] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by personal59: 7:52pm On Nov 14, 2017
One of the most popular Olympian of all time; US Swimmer Michael Phelps and other Sports Stars such as Alexander Naddour , Floyd Mayweather, Amir Khan, Manny Pacquiao and Shahid Afridi have been seen with large, round, purple marks on their bodies! What are they? How did they get there? It’s from a treatment called “Cupping.”

The whole world is going crazy about this new trend that these Athletes have brought to the media’s attention. Naddour said that Cupping “provides relief from the soreness and pounding that come from gymnastics.”

Not to mention, we saw most recently seen in the media Anthony Joshua is getting Islamic Hijama Cupping done to boost his performance.

Also Actors and Singers have also been seen in the past with these marks created by Cupping; Gwyneth Paltrow, Justin Bieber, Victoria Beckham, Freida Pinto and Jennifer Aniston have all been photographed with what look like Cupping marks.

Just as fasting has become trendy with the intermittent fasting so has Cupping Therapy.

Listen to one of our Diploma students, who was suffering from a number of chronic illnesses: Dementia, Lupus, Blood pressure, Diabetes and how Hijama was able to eradicate these.

So what is Hijama?

I am Muddassar Raja, the CEO of a Hijama Nation Academy; an Education Service about Hijama Cupping Therapy. Through this article, I will be teaching you about the forgotten Sunnah of Hijama and how it can help you improve your pain issues and sickness.

Despite an IT and Business background, I got into Hijama because of my Wife. My wife is a Holistic Body therapist and learned Hijama from a professional Hijama institute. She practised it on her nurse friends after that more nurses began to come for treatment. After realising the number of stories I hear of sick people who are getting sicker with other treatments, I saw results with Hijama and the need of Hijama. I then launched an Online Hijama Courses service so the public is educated on the benefits of Hijama.

The word “Hijama” literally means “sucking” in Arabic and it is the Islamic term used for what is known as “Wet Cupping”, Where blood is drawn by creating a vacuum (via Cups) from a small skin incision for healing purposes.

Hijama Cupping Therapy is a strictly Islamic procedure, natural healing art which is crucial to Islamic integrative medicine. With Religion and faith as base, it is the best recommended treatment for any disease, ordered by Allah.

Amongst all these amazing miracles, Allah (Glorious is He and He is Exalted also ordered the Angels to instruct Prophet Muhammad ﷺ to establish hijama cupping therapy.

“I did not pass by an Angel from the Angels on the Night Journey except that they all said to me; ‘Upon you is Hijama cupping, O Muhammad’”(Saheeh Sunan ibn Maajah -3477)

Allah has created an amazing human body which can keep itself stable and strong, by fighting disease and expelling toxins. It is called Homeostatic Balance. But once the body gets imbalanced due to sickness this is when the body’s ability to heal itself is compromised. Our body needs ideally a natural way to expel this from the body to restore balance. By removing the toxins, acids and excess fluids, we trigger and enable the body’s Homeostatic system. This then allows the body to start healing itself from disease and imbalances. One way to do this is through Detoxification and a great was is through Hijama Cupping Therapy.

Hijama Cupping helps restore balance in the body. For instance, those suffering from Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, Thyroid and many more illnesses it can help bring the reading to normal over time along with other dietary and other lifestyle changes.

Before moving in further, let’s take a look at the types of the cupping therapy.

Dry Cupping:
The Dry cupping uses special cups and suction equipment applied on certain points on the body. The skin is sucked into the cup and the blood vessels expand which promotes the blood circulation. The cups are left for 5-10 minutes on the skin and no incisions are made. This method is used to bring to the surface toxins. Bruises may appear after dry cupping, but they will disappear in 3-10 days depending upon your body type.

This is what the Olympians mentioned above have been pictured with but Anthony Joshua was getting Islamic Hijama Cupping done: This is also called wet cupping

Wet Cupping
The Wet cupping or Hijama is same as dry cupping but involves directing small incisions on the superficial layer of the skin. The toxic and unhealthy blood is released from the body and of this is removed it will reduce chance of it affected the rest of the blood supply, organ functions and other bodily system and prevent any further sickness.

3. Moving cupping

This is applying oil on the body as you glide the Hijama cups with oil to massage and improve circulation.

For Hijama, there is a great amount of scientific evidence and research being done right now. Hijama has become so popular and professional standards and best practices are improving daily. Just because many medical professionals have not had exposure to the scientific studies, it does not mean Dry Cupping or Hijama Wet Cupping is not a viable treatment.

After all, millions of people had been performing it for centuries…

A study was done comparing venous blood (blood taken during blood tests) and the blood extracted via Hijama samples to read the study

Results showed during the Hijama Procedure more toxins are raised to the surface compared to venous blood taken during blood tests.

The Hijama Therapist Has A Special Status

Imagine having a career/profession that the Holy Prophet Muhammad ﷺ has praised himself;

The Prophet ﷺ said: “If there is anything good in the medicines with which you treat yourselves, it is in the incision of the hijama therapist, or a drink of honey….” (Muslim #2205)

We encourage as many Muslims as possible to learn how to perform hijama professionally, in order to

Counter the negative side effects of allopathic medication and chemicals

Treat the diseases that are untreatable even with modern medicine
Have this treatment available to more people
Have a satisfying and spiritually rewarding career
Revive the forgotten sunnah of hijama.

Meet Sr Umm Hamza (A Hijama Nation Diploma Course Graduate) from New York who tells about her Son suffering from headaches for a long time and how learning Hijama has made some remarkable changes in her family.

http://hadithoftheday.com/why-is-there-so-much-hype-about-hijama/

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 17, 2017
FTC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by BhossTee(m): 11:34am On Nov 17, 2017
okay
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by theapeman: 11:38am On Nov 17, 2017
since there is hijamas them but be an dickjamas wereby you suck the semens outa someone's lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by miqos02(m): 11:38am On Nov 17, 2017
yes oh
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by ibawon(m): 11:46am On Nov 17, 2017
it would have been more detailed if you uploaded just a single photo about Hijama

15 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by debola27(f): 11:47am On Nov 17, 2017
Hijama works
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by dragnet: 11:48am On Nov 17, 2017
You'll understand how relieving it can be when you get it done... I have smiley
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 17, 2017
I just hope OP is not one of those that sees African Traditional medicine as evil (or that ofthe devil) cos you clearly are promoting Arabian traditional medicine as good and pure.

They tell you anything indigenous to you is evil but the one they brought to you (which is indigenous to them) i pure... Typical of all foreign religions.

Listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by donqx: 11:51am On Nov 17, 2017
crime
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by debola27(f): 11:58am On Nov 17, 2017
ibawon:
it would have been more detailed if you uploaded just a single photo about Hijama

6 Likes

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by RapportNaija(m): 11:59am On Nov 17, 2017
Hmmm, my first time of hearing about this..

Well, see BENEFITS AND DISADVANTAGES OF FASTING
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 17, 2017
undecided
That thing irritates me !
Looking at the pictures

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by Tokziby: 3:35pm On Nov 17, 2017
More pix here...

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by serikiYCU(m): 5:36pm On Nov 17, 2017
Ma sha Allah

1 Like

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by murtaj(m): 8:32pm On Nov 17, 2017
Pls can someone explain this to me in a lay man language

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by jimb(m): 6:57am On Nov 18, 2017
ibawon:

leave am make e dey blow grammar
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by Empiree: 5:34am On Nov 19, 2017
dragnet:
You'll understand how relieving it can be when you get it done... I have smiley
Do these cupping scars go away overtime on its own or you apply certain lotion to cure them?

Also, you know which area in the South West (Lagos or Ogun) where this is done professionally or by registered Hijama center?

Plus do you have idea of the cost?
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by dragnet: 11:14am On Nov 19, 2017
Empiree:
Do these cupping scars go away overtime on its own or you apply certain lotion to cure them?

Also, you know which area in the South West (Lagos or Ogun) where this is done professionally or by registered Hijama center?

Plus do you have idea of the cost?
Yes they go away in a week or two or sometimes in a couple of days.
I have friends that get it done in Lagos but I don't know where, I hear it us 12k per session though, mine is usually done for me by a relative who has mastered the art and I have my personal set of cups.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by Empiree: 12:04pm On Nov 19, 2017
dragnet:

Yes they go away in a week or two or sometimes in a couple of days.
I have friends that get it done in Lagos but I don't know where, I hear it us 12k per session though, mine is usually done for me by a relative who has mastered the art and I have my personal set of cups.
Thanks. I think it is a good idea to have personal cups actually. I believe they sell that separately if one wishes to buy them?.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by dragnet: 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2017
Empiree:
Thanks. I think it is a good idea to have personal cups actually. I believe they sell that separately if one wishes to buy them?.

Yes they do but I don't know where. I imported mine.
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by Empiree: 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2017
dragnet:

Yes they do but I don't know where. I imported mine.
you know how many cups needed for hijama?
Re: Why Is There So Much Hype About Hijama? by dragnet: 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2017
Empiree:
you know how many cups needed for hijama?
the cups come in various sizes inside the pack, best thing is to buy a pack with more cups and that has the cups in various sizes from the tiniest to the largest, that would make it easier to get some parts of the body cupped, especially the mpre intricate ones.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Really The Last Prophet? Muhammad, Jesus Or A Beast? / Must A Muslim Get Married? / A Debate on the Prophet's Injunction on Washing Objects Touched by Dogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.