Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) - Properties (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) (157881 Views)

Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Why Is Nigerian Architecture So Uninspiring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 6:16pm On May 13, 2015
EARLY STAGES OF WARDROBE MAKING

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 6:19pm On May 13, 2015
SHOW CUBICLE FOR ROOMS

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 6:21pm On May 13, 2015
FINAL STAGES OF MASTER'S BATHROOM TILING FOR BACK BUILDING

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 6:23pm On May 13, 2015
MAKING OF WASH BASIN FOR MASTER'S BATHROOM

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by babatosan: 7:10pm On May 13, 2015
Welcome Back!
You did not confirm or deny the alleged reason for your holiday off naira land
Congrats anyways
Waiting excitedly to see the outcome of the fabricated washbasin
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 8:39pm On May 13, 2015
I thank you all for all your sweet messages on My wedding. And also will like to Thank you all for your esteemed understanding of the situation my wedding preparations must have caused to your jobs. Most of all, those clients who took the time after been patient to also travel with me to celebrate with me and my wife. Words cannot express the how i feel for this special treatment. Only the Good lord knows and can bless you all duly for this act of Godliness.

May the Good Lord Grant you all your Heart Desires.

Skimanski

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by mufutau55(m): 8:57pm On May 13, 2015
skimanski:
I thank you all for all your sweet messages on My wedding. And also will like to Thank you all for your esteemed understanding of the situation my wedding preparations must have caused to your jobs. Most of all, those clients who took the time after been patient to also travel with me to celebrate with me and my wife. Words cannot express the how i feel for this special treatment. Only the Good lord knows and can bless you all duly for this act of Godliness.
May the Good Lord Grant you all your Heart Desires.
Skimanski

So it's true then. Have a Blessed and Happy Married Life. And welcome to the Club.
But some of us were not invited o... Fine coming for that.

Hajji M.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by amanikondo: 9:53pm On May 13, 2015
Happy Married life.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by FastShipping: 1:12am On May 14, 2015
skimanski:
STAIRCASE RAILINGS

Welcome back Skimanski and happy married life. We would have been at your wedding in spirit if we had known you were getting married.

The dirt I saw on the floor tiles gave me goose bumps. I really want to see what the floor tiles look like after you must have finished the cleaning.

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 7:17am On May 14, 2015
FastShipping:

Welcome back Skimanski and happy married life. We would have been at your wedding in spirit if we had known you were getting married.

The dirt I saw on the floor tiles gave me goose bumps. I really want to see what the floor tiles look like after you must have finished the cleaning.

I as well can't wait to see what every aspect of the house will look like once its finished.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by 2sex(m): 3:19pm On May 15, 2015
FastShipping:

Please I have been noticing that new houses have this high ceilings like the one in the image for this quote. Please do you know the exact height they use for these buildings? I love it. Thanks.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by FastShipping: 5:28pm On May 15, 2015
2sex:

Please I have been noticing that new houses have this high ceilings like the one in the image for this quote. Please do you know the exact height they use for these buildings? I love it. Thanks.

About 11 feet high in most cases from floor to the ceiling. Contemporary and modern architecture designs always have high ceilings.

Oga Skimanski should be in better position to answer this question.

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by 2sex(m): 5:49pm On May 15, 2015
FastShipping:

About 11 feet high in most cases from floor to the ceiling. Contemporary and modern architecture designs always have high ceilings.

Oga Skimanski should be in better position to answer this question.
Thanks. I noticed it at my friend's house in Uyo and as I am gradually making plans to mine, I wont fail to incorporate it.... I could make mine 12 feet.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 8:04pm On May 15, 2015
The idea behind the Height of your space is how you want to feel when you stand on that space. I am very sure no one wants to stand in a room where you can touch the ceiling or almost touch the ceiling. that means it maybe be fair to say the higher the better, but thats not also the case. the Higher can sometimes mean worse. so it boils down to a height that works for you. As much as you do not want a Short space, you do not also want an outrageously Tall space that makes no sense, and that also give you Pillars unnecessary stress.

What most people do is 10ft, but I do 11ft at all times. 11 ft gives the space this Majestic feel like its a rich house. But 12 ft might be slightly too high except we wish to use our POP finish to drop it down a bit to a more comfortable feel. However the case, it still boils down to what you like.

3 Likes

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by FastShipping: 8:07pm On May 15, 2015
skimanski:
The idea behind the Height of your space is how you want to feel when you stand on that space. I am very sure no one wants to stand in a room where you can touch the ceiling or almost touch the ceiling. that means it maybe be fair to say the higher the better, but thats not also the case. the Higher can sometimes mean worse. so it boils down to a height that works for you. As much as you do not want a Short space, you do not also want an outrageously Tall space that makes no sense, and that also give you Pillars unnecessary stress.

What most people do is 10ft, but I do 11ft at all times. 11 ft gives the space this Majestic feel like its a rich house. But 12 ft might be slightly too high except we wish to use our POP finish to drop it down a bit to a more comfortable feel. However the case, it still boils down to what you like.

Good explanation from the best in the business as usual.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Okejazz(m): 8:40pm On May 15, 2015
I just stumbled on this thread and all I have to say is Bravo!!! Keep up the good work Skimanski. I am eager to see the finished state of this wonderful edifice, particularly the rooms. The wardrobe doesn't look too sturdy but making it work with the limited space you have there is really brilliant. Is that a guest bedroom?

A walk-in closet in the master bedroom just seems fitting for this project
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 8:57pm On May 15, 2015
Okejazz:
I just stumbled on this thread and all I have to say is Bravo!!! Keep up the good work Skimanski. I am eager to see the finished state of this wonderful edifice, particularly the rooms. The wardrobe doesn't look too sturdy but making it work with the limited space you have there is really brilliant. Is that a guest bedroom?

A walk-in closet in the master bedroom just seems fitting for this project

Yes it is the Guest Bedroom. Picture of Walk-in Closet for Master's Bedroom coming soon
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 8:58pm On May 15, 2015
WARDROBE SEMI FINISHING. AWAITING FINAL SURFACE FINISH FOR WOODEN PART

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 9:00pm On May 15, 2015
GATE HOUSE AND FRONT FENCE

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 9:02pm On May 15, 2015
CONCLUSION OF SOAKAWAY DECK

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by since1914(m): 9:22am On May 16, 2015
I like the gatehouse; is its roof flat concrete, or does it slant somewhere behind? I also like the whole play with subtractive and additive components throughout the exterior of the main building.
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by FastShipping: 3:55am On May 18, 2015
@Skimanski

What is the name of this dark brown or black color tile on the wall? How much is it sold for per sq. mt?

The first picture below was pulled from your post.

The second picture was the picture of tile I saw today in the store sold at $2.99 per sq.ft. They seem to look alike.

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 2:55pm On May 18, 2015
FastShipping:
@Skimanski

What is the name of this dark brown or black color tile on the wall? How much is it sold for per sq. mt?

The first picture below was pulled from your post.

The second picture was the picture of tile I saw today in the store sold at $2.99 per sq.ft. They seem to look alike.

The Tile is Sold for N2,800 at the Market
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 8:21pm On May 19, 2015
Making of Master's Closet

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 8:23pm On May 19, 2015
EXTERNAL WORKS

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 8:24pm On May 19, 2015
MASTER BATHROOM FRONT BUILDING

1 Share

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 8:20pm On May 21, 2015
GLASS AREA IN LIVING ROOM. CLIENT HAD ALWAYS WANDERED WHAT WAS HAPPENING ON THIS LOCATION FROM THE ON SET

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by skimanski(m): 8:23pm On May 21, 2015
KITCHEN UPDATE AS CABINETS ARE ALREADY TAKING SHAPE AROUND THE SPACE.

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by GentleCID(m): 9:40pm On May 21, 2015
Am a student of Architectecture and has been silently following your threads, hope to learn under you soon, is that possible?
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by Qc1(m): 6:29am On May 23, 2015
skimanski:
KITCHEN UPDATE AS CABINETS ARE ALREADY TAKING SHAPE AROUND THE SPACE.

Why the tiles on the the kitchen wall if it will be completely cover with the cabinet? if at all there will be some space that will shows the tiles why not map out those space, do the cabinet first and then follow up with the tiles? I may be wrong, but I think this will save a lot of money and some inches in kitchen space.

Again, good job though!

1 Like

Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by babatosan: 11:36am On May 23, 2015
What is the price range for the jaccuzi in the master bedroom? What are the dimensions? Thanks
Re: New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture (construction Of 4 Bedroom Twin Duplex) by FastShipping: 12:57pm On May 23, 2015
Qc1:

Why the tiles on the the kitchen wall if it will be completely cover with the cabinet? if at all there will be some space that will shows the tiles why not map out those space, do the cabinet first and then follow up with the tiles? I may be wrong, but I thing this will save a lot of money and some inches in kitchen space.

Again, good job though!

No matter how oga Skimaski does his things, you will surely love it.

It seems you live in the U.S because the way you described it is the way we see kitchen tiles done here.. You think exactly just like me when it comes to wall tiles. I prefer backsplash to all wall tile as commonly done in Nigeria. I prefer my kitchen wall to be 85% free of tiles.

Like the ones in the pictures below.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (36) (Reply)

Mansions In Nigeria (pics) - You Can Post More Pictures / Okwudili Umenyiora Owns One Of The Most Luxurious Houses In Nigeria / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.